Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...

Re: Auction House Guide - Inscription

These are the reasons why I don't think it will mess up the economy:
    - Most of the people who weren't already playing the AH don't like to play the AH. A fraction of them will probably start doing it, but will quit in a few days when they see that as easy as it is, you still need to spend some time doing it.

- If it catches on, as the price of herbs go up, people will stop doing it for a while and most likely forget in a few weeks or the price of glyph will follow.

- It is NOT an easy way to make gold, you still need to work an analyse what's going on.

Merci pour le guide Boubouille, j'ai fait 500g depuis hier!

QQ alert..

meh you killed my 20k per week income thanks
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenk
    am I the only person that thought the inscription guide (other than my above issue) was horrible? How to make gold with inscription - make glyphs and sell them. Awesome guide!
    Made my day

this guide had several very useful points and several very idiotic ones. we'll skip the good points and go straight to the idiotic ones since thats what y'all want to read anyways =P

"carpet bombing" as he put it, is the most idiotic so called "strategy" ever. basic idea is that you bomb all the glyph prices to stupid amounts in an attempt to discourage your competition and gain a free market to work with. what is completely idiotic about this whole "strategy" is that your competition is likely going to have just as many 100's of glyphs as you do, and probably post as frequently. this will not discourage them from posting. glyphs have no overhead cost. selling them for anything more than the parchment they cost is a profit. it will rather, piss them the f%$k off and probably cause them to search all glyphs posted by you and cut everything you post by 1c 5 mins after you log from posting for 1hr+. then a cutting battle ensues, ending up in a slew of glyphs on the ah for 2g. everybody goes from making 5k a day to making less than 1k. even if you dont have any lashback from "carpet bombing" and manage to scare off your competition, you have still severely demolished your profit. enjoy trying to bring all the glyph prices back up from the 4g you bombed them to. gg.

i asked a kid why he was carpet bombing, he said "if i sell them for 5g instead of 50g, i will sell more than one or two." ..... apparently jr. didnt do very well in math. he can sell 10 GLYPHS at 5g each, i can sell TWO GLYPHS at 50 and still make twice the profit. to which he replied, " blah blah im a nub i do what i want"

next bit, and this ties in heavily with the above rant/rave. having 20 of every glyph. this is a terrible idea. the amount of nub out there is extraordinary. there will always be people bombing your glyphs, possibly for weeks at a time. you dont want to waste your time selling glyphs for 2g (or maybe you do). i usually stack 3-5 of every glyph i sell, and when i see a glyph price bombed to less than 6g for more than 4 days, i will either sell the stack for cheap or put in gbank until the price goes back up. if you want to have ONE character you post on, instead of 3-4 alts with 3-4 classes worth of glyphs each (which i think is retarded) you will need the bag space. there are usually only around 150 different glyphs that sell for over 20g. there is no need to have every single glyph made spread across 3-4 different alts, especially ones that do not require a book or research to learn. they will usually always be below 5g each due to non-avid posters leveling inscription.

one thing that he didnt post that i do that is useful. a good way to keep you glyphs in order and be able to find one instantly instead of mousing over them for 5 mins trying to find one....alphabetize them. its a pain in the ass because of the enourmous amount you have, but in the end it is well worth your time. also, it makes replacing your glyphs and keeping your turnover simple. when you see a glyph selling for 5g, like glyph of nourish, say, search the ah for glyph of n with auctioneer set to highest bid. this will give you all the glyphs starting with n, starting with the highest price. this will ensure you replace your existing glyph with the highest priced glyph of that letter. this may seem tedious to some people, but its a good filing system for keeping your glyphs organized and current.

lastly. OMFG U SERIOUS NOBLES DECKS NOT WORTH IT? i buy 4k worth of herbs, usually get 2.5 - 3 nobles decks, sell each for 5-6k, easiest 10k+ profit ever.

Nice guide. Though useless now when its "common knowledge", all prices went insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Pjukka
    Nice guide. Though useless now when its "common knowledge", all material prices went insane.
    Yup.. most herbs now cost about 3-4g each (yes, stacks of 20 peacebloom for 60g)
    Ink of the sea costs like 30-40g each
    Almost all glyphs go for 1g to 10g max (except the latest added ones, they're still a bit more expensive)

Information and gold guides like this only work if you don't spread them around the world

What you seem to fail to grasp with these guides on such a high profile site is that, while very informative and helpful, they completely negate the very reason the techniques are successful. When these strategies are only utilized by a few on each realm, they work great. Now with the addition of potentially dozens of other new scribes, profits have been cut by 50-75% for some of us. Yes, some of the new ones will realize that it is more work than is worth it, but the point remains. If everybody did this, there would be zero profit. Those of us who have actually put some work into researching and testing strategies to make gold are losing out to people who have not gone through the blood and sweat.

Ultimately the market will bounce back, I think, once people realize that this actually takes time and effort to be successful. In the mean time, thanks for setting me back a few thousand gold per week. :

Next time you want to make a money-making guide, try not to broadcast to everyone. Everyone loses out.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulie31
    What you seem to fail to grasp with these guides on such a high profile site is that, while very informative and helpful, they completely negate the very reason the techniques are successful. When these strategies are only utilized by a few on each realm, they work great. Now with the addition of potentially dozens of other new scribes, profits have been cut by 50-75% for some of us. Yes, some of the new ones will realize that it is more work than is worth it, but the point remains. If everybody did this, there would be zero profit. Those of us who have actually put some work into researching and testing strategies to make gold are losing out to people who have not gone through the blood and sweat.

Ultimately the market will bounce back, I think, once people realize that this actually takes time and effort to be successful. In the mean time, thanks for setting me back a few thousand gold per week. :

Next time you want to make a money-making guide, try not to broadcast to everyone. Everyone loses out.
    Disagree. "Everyone loses out" is clearly false. If someone was making profit before, then someone else was losing money. If everyone makes no money, everyone also loses no money. Save any AH listing costs, nobody loses out as a whole, or gains as a whole. Be careful when using blanketing terms like "everyone". Some people will make less than before, some will more more (or at least break even).

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix02
    Disagree. "Everyone loses out" is clearly false. If someone was making profit before, then someone else was losing money. If everyone makes no money, everyone also loses no money. Save any AH listing costs, nobody loses out as a whole, or gains as a whole. Be careful when using blanketing terms like "everyone". Some people will make less than before, some will more more (or at least break even).
    Still the point stays where these guides are shit and killing a part of the economy when they're made public on a site like this..

Quote Originally Posted by lazzaruss
    lastly. OMFG U SERIOUS NOBLES DECKS NOT WORTH IT? i buy 4k worth of herbs, usually get 2.5 - 3 nobles decks, sell each for 5-6k, easiest 10k+ profit ever.
    Luckiest more like

Args - you're guide is great work, no question.

But since you published it, my turnover decreased from about 5-8k gold a day to about 600g.
    I can't say that I'm very happy with your guide

i find that an awesome guide, however...

... i dont see any sense in it... with bringing it to public, .... everyone who reads them will do it, which will totaly ruin the whole guide and all the "big" money flows etc...

1st: from todays i doubt you will find the Borean Leather to be sold on AH cheaper as 7-9g / stack, and the same goes for the Cobalt Ore, as well as the flowers, and all the other things which make profit for anyone other then the gatherers

2nd: if everyone will follow those tips here showed, the AH will be flooded with Glyphs, etc. and everyone will have the prices as you have, thus none will profit from it...

3rd: i doubt that someone will sell thousands of glyphs (as you claim here) on a realm where he is not the only one Inscriber...
    putting hundrets of something at AH will cost you deposit, and even by low deposit cost for each auctioned item it will make a nice big summ when multiplied by the amount you auction, and when there will be xx of inscribers doing the same what you then all that you will receive from mailbox will be expired/undercut/outbid auctions and you just wasted the golds for zero profit and at the deposit

ie. on my realm, there is the AH dead, the econony there is close to zero (btw. THX to Blizzard for it to allow to come it so far... nvm, this is not the place where to talk about it ) and the prices are absurd most of the times

think about it ppl
    why would someone tell everyone (=his competition) how to get "rich"?
    if i learned something in the time i play wow it is that that none will tell you just so without any hidden reason how to get golds, simply just because the golds you would make could make he
    however i dont want to say that this guide has false / hidden interests leaning the ppl to trap... etc it is really just a guide, but it wont work simply anymore when now all will follow it, simply therefore.
    i look at it rather as at a historical fact, how someone could make easy golds, but thats past
    maybe you will have luck and find on the AH something with the low prices which can be turned into profit, but considering all the ppl who read this now and all the addons users, ... what do you thing how many of this "profit prices" you will find?

simply publicizing the way how to make golds ruins the whole gold making
    ie. lets say, i make golds from mining xx ore and sell it at AH for 40g/stack... when i tell that to public, everyone who has mining will do the same ... mining the xx ore, and selling it - under my price surely - so that he gets the buyers not me... now multiply it by thousand ppl playing the game and calculate out how "long" it will take to cut the prices down to zero profit (hint: calculate in seconds)
    that was just a simple example, and the same works for all variants of goldmaking
    the whole point in gold making is that it works for you, just because you are the only one (or one of few) who do it = profit
    you cant profit from something that does everyone

however nice guide, so the ppl can now imagine how it is possible to make golds (*how it was possible)

never has one person (boub) manipulated the economies of every wow server in existence more than this.

:'(

I just hope it doesn't take too much time to rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by Siph
    Some guy on my server has been reading this, so I bought hundreds of glyphs for 2g50s last night. Thanks!
    as some wise men would say:
    The dumb ones will follow this guide...
    ... the clever ones will profit from it.
    :

My sentiments exactly. I'm a scribe, but I keep it on the QT. I'll scan the AH every now and then and see what i can' throw together when it's time to get an alt his cold weather tome, but other than that i don't participate, despite the fact i have most of the glyphs available.

Wooho thanks Boub!!! WTB new AH trick since now the walmart scribes are out and about....

please delete this post.. we need to have an area that gives us the ability to vote to have these guides online or not.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix02
    Phoenix02 was one of the very few posters here that actually understands economics. The rest of you whining about 'ruining the economy' are either very confused or misrepresenting yourselves.

Posting this guide reduced the monopoly power of scribes. This hurt most scribes by dramatically lowering their profit margins. This helped everyone else that buys glyphs.

Thank you for posting this guide and lowering the price of the glyphs I buy. I like the Wal Mart scribes!

Post deleted