Poll: Do you miss the raid (class)quest chains with epic rewards?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Does anyone miss the hard quest chains with great rewards?

The reason I made it into a poll is I want to find out if I'm alone on this. The question is pretty straightforward so shouldn't cause any confusion.

Anyway, those who played in classic and TBC probably remember the attunement, class quests, rep rewards or just raid chains that had epic rewards at the end. They're mostly gone in Wrath except a few "turn in the head, heart or whatever" type of ones. I for one really miss them. They already sayd on Blizzcon that they don't want to do class specific ones as 9/10 of the players can't experience them that way but still, they could do hardmode attunements, raid rep factions or a lot more raid quests.

Re: Does anyone miss the hard quest chains with great rewards?

yep

good old RP ^^

you know they have this argent tournament quest hub in the north of icecrown right?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke
    you know they have this argent tournament quest hub in the north of icecrown right?
    It has nothing to do with it, all those quests are soloable and don't actually require you to do the TotC raid at all. They're just normal quests and dailies.

I don't miss it. The quest for Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers was a huge pain in the butt.
    I'm sorry, but i just have to tell you that you are an ignorant, closed minded fool, and you need to chill out, think more, and quit being such a douche. Your responses are shrill, closed minded, and ignorant. You need to think outside the box sometimes, and realize its blizzards game and you are not ghostcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by ita
    It has nothing to do with it, all those quests are soloable and don't actually require you to do the TotC raid at all. They're just normal quests and dailies.
    well then what the hell is the definition of a "hard quest chain"..
    I mean a quest has to be soloable, or else you are doing a raid or achievement. If you meant those kind of quests then I guess the title should read "does anyone miss the hard GROUP QUESTS.."
    and since it's soloable, what can be a hard quest?? the only way for a quest to be hard, is to take long and require patience, if by hard you mean you need gear in order to complete it, then get your tank and healer and do it in a group. SO quest chains that are long and take patience are the argent dawn qs.. I gave up on those, it takes you like 5 weeks of doing dailies every day to get some.. w/e you get like title or achievement or mount...

Hell yes, I do miss epic questchains like Hand of Adal, Champion of Naaru, Scepter of shifting sands (even though I haven't done this one, I think it was legendary in vanilla), druid swift flight form and some other quests. These days this kind of quests seems to be replaced with achievements (as for class quests, there're no new ones in wotlk sadly). Wotlk boss quests are too simple: bring an item or four, get the reward and go away. Instead of writing long and exiting plots, Blizz just addachievements, upon completing which you recieve a latter. I think that's way too simplified. Achievements system works like a giant passive quest log. I think this ruins the RPG part of the game where players actually get involved in a story while doing quest and cooperate with npcs, do their tasks etc.

you have 1 chain in wotlk too. sons of hodir 70 quests long chain. in the end you get shoulder enchants and access to other rep items.

chain in icecrown which ultimately leads to tirion destroying arthas' heart was epic too, just no purple rewards.

drakuru quest chains in grizzly hills and zul drak are imo epic as well

from raid chains i think chain to unlock algalon was very nice too.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

More long chains of loreness please. But don't make them like "Go to Raid A and grab X off Y" followed up by "Go to Raid A and take the final boss' head."

More like Thorim and Hodir. More like Drakuru. More Like The Defias Brotherhood. More like the Quest Chain for Keristrasza.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't because whenever I get around to completing them, a new expansion or content patch comes out and the rewards become obselete

I only got to enjoy the level 50 class quests. By the time I got up to level cap, TBC just came out.

They seemed so fun and challenging :'(

Define "hard". Requiring to have a group to complete it for instance doesn't make a quest hard, it just makes you look you for a group.

The only quest in the entire game (excluding anything related to raids since I don't raid) that I can think off that I consider to be actually hard is the race against captain skyshatter at netherwing ledge.

For me, the septer of shifting sands quest chain is the best quest chain ever. Granted at level 60 it must of been a nightmare but the rewards were as good as BiS at the time, I did the chain at 70 and again at 80 on an alt. The amount of effort that went into it all, with summoning world bosses that you can only fight if you have the quest and the cinematic at the beginning. Just wow all of it. I also enjoyed getting my dreadstead at lvl 60 and I know several priests that thought getting Benidiction staff was awesome an epic feeling, I know it was unfair that not every class got an epic quest chain but the ones that were around were awesome.

I think the difference between Vanilla and WOTLK is that in vanilla you didnt feel like you had to do everything and were often content with what you did, in WOTLK it seems the Blizzs attitude and most of the wow population is that they have to experience everything so they therefore dont put in any long hard interesting quest chains because joe average casual that plays 2 hours a week will never do it.

Deleted

God I hate idiots....

Have you done the AQ quest ? elements of this was fun but it was such a friggin pain.
    Have you done the Onyxia quest ? The reason it was removed due to the LARGE majorty complaining about it.
    Have you done the Hunter weapon quest ? LOL is all I'll say....

get my point ? :P

I rather not see them return.

Quote Originally Posted by Poldara
    God I hate idiots....

Have you done the AQ quest ? elements of this was fun but it was such a friggin pain.
    Have you done the Onyxia quest ? The reason it was removed due to the LARGE majorty complaining about it.
    Have you done the Hunter weapon quest ? LOL is all I'll say....

get my point ? :P
    Havent done the AQ Quest chain

Have done the Onyxia quest chain, and tbh loved it would do it again and again and again

Dont have a hunter, but did do the Benidiction quest on my troll, which was awesome.

Also remeber doing huge ass quest chains for items that were upgrades, some chest in EPL that ran me about sent me into strat and out again, ah they were the days.

Id love to see something simular return, yes the items these days dont last long, but its fun to do something id love to see return.

You know what i miss? when pve was actually difficult. When there was only 2-3 guilds full clear everything now every other retarded guild is full clear everything

No! They were a pain in the butt! Like the idiotic Onyxia attunement! /facepalm

Thank you Serendia!

Adenspear

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123
    You know what i miss? when pve was actually difficult. When there was only 2-3 guilds full clear everything now every other retarded guild is full clear everything
    Yuck, because Blizzard should so make content for 2-3 guilds to enjoy?

Quote Originally Posted by Adenspear
    Yuck, because Blizzard should so make content for 2-3 guilds to enjoy?

No those other guild should be not retarded and get smart and get up to that content instead of making it so easy the game is a joke