What does Healbot do exactly?

Ive heard some Hardcore raiding guilds outlaw this mod,but i want to know the reason why.What does it do exactly? Play the game for you,so all you have to do is press a healing button when it tells you and it focus's on a player with the lowest health or dispells? lol Sorry for the dumb question but i'd really like to know :P

Re: What does Healbot do exactly?

no doesn't do anythign like that

well I don't have mine set up because I mostly heal 5 mans with my holy pally alt, so I don't know all the functions but what it basically is is a unitframe addon and you click on the frame to do a heal which you obviously have to set up first, but it won't do anythign automatically, anythign like that is not allowed by blizz.

I wouldn't know why you won't get into a guild if you use it, its jsut like saying, we don't take any ret pallies because they faceroll.

No no no no...

Since patch 2.0 or something like that, addons can't cast spells for you in combat anymore. Healbot is just a raid frame like grid, just with a mouseover macro addon included. Plus some other things of course. Can't see the reason to ban this addon in guilds anymore.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Healbot is basically a combination of a Raid Frame addon (like Grid or sRaidFrames) with Clique, and a default click-cast setup based on your class.

Vuhdo is similar, and I prefer to use Vuhdo instead of Healbot.

i have never heard of guilds outlawing healbot :/ i used to use healbot until i found Vuhdo and now i use that instead which is much simpler

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

There were guilds that "outlawed" the use of Healbot (and Decursive) back in vanilla, back when addons were actually capable of taking up one binding and auto-detecting what spell you needed. You could literally heal with one button - healbot auto-selected the best heal based on how big the heal is and how many hp the target needed. Decursive was able to say "Oh, he's got a disease" and auto-bind the cure disease spell to it's button.

Blizzard decided they didn't like this, and as of the 2.0 patch, it became impossible to do. Decursive moved to providing it's own clickable micro-uf's, one click does one spell, a different click does another (Priests see Dispel Magic on left, and Abolish Disease on right, etc.). Healbot moved to integrating a true click-casting mod into it's raid frames instead of smart-healing-on-left-click.

Healbot sucks vs VuHdo

Vuhdo is just less of a hassle to use.

it a raid frame like grid. you roll over a person and depending the key+click combo will cast a spell assigned to that combo. like
    flash of light - left mouse click
    holy light - right mouse click
    decurse - alt + left mouse click
    holy shock - alt + right mouse click
    judgement of XXXX - shight + left mouse click

you get the idea. all the combos are editable in the addon options as well. Here is a video of mine using it, it's at the bottom right of the screen. You can also set up targets that gives a false group of people you selected to me targeted more easily, ei tanks.