Page 10 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: The "Fix My DPS" Thread (Read first post before posting)

Alright, so I've been playing around with alot of the suggestions I've ben getting for the past couple of days I ran across a mod that helps timing in destro, so I could get the hang of the way everything is timed, and I was just wondering if the way it has me use my rotation is correct? I recorded another video of a Kora 10 encounter, and just want some input on the way the rotation is again maybe? I also realize I didn't throw CoD up, I completely forgot. Anyways...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jmn2HsFVgU
    (the video is very blurry and compressed the first 15-20 mins it's on you tube)

I thought I should be pulling much higher numbers then that? Also, despite what the addon tells me, I try and squeeze chaos bolt out first, as I thought that it was higher in priority?

here's my armory again for connivance.

15+ Year Old Account

Nice addon. You need to press your buttons more and move a bit less. Once you move out of a fire you should not be repositioning yourself or having a .5s delay before you start re-casting. You are also unaware that the game queues spells -press the button at 75% of cast time, not 90%, and your damage will go up.

You have the right idea, but time = damage, and you don't get any more time. Work on that first.

R.I.P. YARG

Side note: people still die on Koralon? Impressive :P

If I recall it correctly (haven't played Destro for a while now since it bores me to death...quite literally at times ), Conflagrate is higher priority than Chaos Bolt.

The addon is really nice. I think I am going to suggest that to some of my fellow raid locks. They really are our "children in need of help" at the moment and this might really help them get their stuff right. Very nice indeed.

As gherkin already said: If you press the spellbuttons either constantly or when the spell is nearly finished (Quartz cast bar for example has a reddish part to it that indicates when you can click the spell and it will come off, if I remember correctly...I turned it off since I hurt my thighs anyway due to constantly hammering the keys of my laptop on my....lap), the spells will follow quicker.
    On Koralon, the only time you'd have to move is when you stand in the fire. Other than that movement is only a matter of range...and since range doesn't really matter with Koralon if you are destro, stay closer to him in the beginning and you won't have to move a bit.
    If, however, you have to move a lot, try to squeeze in a corruption or life tap while moving (or a CoD for that matter).

And what I'd do is put the addon bar with the what-to-cast-next thingy nearer to the bottom or the DoT- and the CD-timer nearer to the other addon bar. You seem to be clipping Immolate a few times because you're only looking onto the "new" addon. Try to combine that.

Btw what were your actual dps in that fight? I can't see it in the video...too small for my bad eyes.

If you compare it to the last film of yours: way better.

But:
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    time = damage, and you don't get any more time. Work on that first.
    I can only agree.

Edit: Care to share the name of the addon with the spell priority? So I can try it and get it onto my fellow locks. Thanks in advance.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by BartolGdH
    Side note: people still die on Koralon? Impressive :P
    Poor life tap timing + bad healers + bad tanks can still equal victory with some small sacrifices along the way.

R.I.P. YARG

Hihihi...or simply standing in the fire and /dance

Quote Originally Posted by BartolGdH
    Edit: Care to share the name of the addon with the spell priority? So I can try it and get it onto my fellow locks. Thanks in advance.
    It's called EasyDestro, it shouldn't be hard to find it in the top 20 in popular warlock addons. My output for that fight was roughly 4.5. I did a 25 and I think my numbers were much higher, on kora I did 5.4, Ema I did 5.2 and Archa I did 5.8. Also, I think I'm going to move all of my stuff to the top. I've notaced that anything sitting on the bottom misses my attention, and I dont know if it's because my computer chair sits too high, but I'm thinking I'll pay attention to everything alot better if it's at the top.

15+ Year Old Account

It's because you're too zoomed in. Ive done some studies on how the eye sees the screen, and if you're that zoomed in then your concentration is on things like your character's animations and such, not whats under his feet. Zoom out so that your character is 1-2 inches high max (right now i think he's 4 inches high on your screen, maybe 3.5).

Chair height matters too, but not as much as the zoom. When your look straight ahead, you can percieve things easily in a circle. When you look down or up, it narrows into an oval. I'd recommend tilting your monitors rather than changing how you sit. Your workspace should reflect how you feel comfortable, not the other way around.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Your workspace should reflect how you feel comfortable, not the other way around.
    Neat slogan. Have you ever considered becoming a spokesperson for an office utility product company (or whatever they call them)?

Note: I'm not making fun of you, I just imagined a gnome in a suit with a succubus beside him (they'll bye anything ) praising his products and thought it was funny. So I wanted to share it.
    Please don't be mad :'(

Oh, and by the way:
    Quote Originally Posted by chorx
    It's called EasyDestro, it shouldn't be hard to find it in the top 20 in popular warlock addons.
    Thanks a lot.

Since ever i played a Warlock im not satisfied with my dps output, i managed to improve it in bits but it still isnt high enough..

So Yesterday i decided to make a Combat log of our Raid ( Totc 25, Onyxia ) and i uploaded it, the link can be found here : http://www.wowmeteronline.com//combat/log/1223562

luckily we had another lock in the raid to compare with, but he is on most fights almost the same dps ( if not better ) then me ( and he is significant lesser geared then me )

What am i doing wrong? My spec is the same as many other Destruction Warlocks and my Glyphs are :

Glyph of Lifetap ( buffed i have like 750 spirit )
    Glyph of Conflagrate
    Glyph of Incinerate

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...g&n=Greatforce

PS : the fights of discussion are 4 till 9 ( Onyxia 25 till Anub 25 )

Thanks alot already

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Greatforce-Kilrogg
    Since ever i played a Warlock im not satisfied with my dps output, i managed to improve it in bits but it still isnt high enough..

So Yesterday i decided to make a Combat log of our Raid ( Totc 25, Onyxia ) and i uploaded it, the link can be found here : http://www.wowmeteronline.com//combat/log/1223562

luckily we had another lock in the raid to compare with, but he is on most fights almost the same dps ( if not better ) then me ( and he is significant lesser geared then me )

What am i doing wrong? My spec is the same as many other Destruction Warlocks and my Glyphs are :

Glyph of Lifetap ( buffed i have like 750 spirit )
    Glyph of Conflagrate
    Glyph of Incinerate

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...g&n=Greatforce

PS : the fights of discussion are 4 till 9 ( Onyxia 25 till Anub 25 )

Thanks alot already
    Your gear is fine - so that's not a problem. I don't quite agree with 3/14/54 builds, and I don't think you have enough Int to justify dropping Imp Soul Leech, but thats your call.

You need to Conflag more. On Koralon, you got 10 in when you could have gotten.... 15-16 in. This is a full minute where you have no chance of getting Pyroclasm, and with your crit rate thats an average damage loss of 4.5%. This may not appear in your other logs but I always strive to do my best regardless of which boss it is, and assume others do the same. If you were being lazy, keep Pyroclasm in your head and ignore the rest.

On beasts, you didn't use your imp. He accounts for a HUGE chunk of destro dps (600 himself, buffed, plus empowered imp). You would have beaten Malix by 500+ instead of "losing" by 200. Work on better Life Tap up time as you were at 50% uptime, which is ~110 dps lost across the entire fight.

------------------------------

The rest of your guild needs to step it up - you should not be 2nd on Anub'arak no matter what people might say. The fact that an elemental shaman is kicking their ass is adding more insult to injury.

As an idea of what you should expect, we did a 25 man normal Twins attempt (you came in first). I am slightly better geared than you and after executing perfectly, with flasks, potions, etc and no Empowered buff I managed 9600 dps. I was 15th on the meters. 11 people were at 10500 or higher. Yes, they have 258 gear and I do not, so that is expected, but if that gear alone was the difference, they still should tie or beat me. You beat them by 500 dps minimum, and that should not happen.

R.I.P. YARG

1. so basicly i got to pomp more conflags in my rotation / boss time duration?
    2. I had my imp up but i died during the fight and got Battle Ressed and didnt resummon the dude because Icehowl was already at ~40%

3. what about my Chaos bolts? were they good? or... ?

Your gear is fine - so that's not a problem. I don't quite agree with 3/14/54 builds, and I don't think you have enough Int to justify dropping Imp Soul Leech, but thats your call.
    I atm have 2 speccs :
    1 without suppresion and with Soulleech/Improved Soulleech
    and 1 with supression and without Soulleech.

the reason why i have this is because my hit is atm kinda low and we dont always have a spriest with us, so WITH Spriest i use build 1 and without 1 i use build 2

15+ Year Old Account

Your chaos bolts were like your conflags - good on Beasts but bad on Koralon. This means you were paying attention on Beasts - keep paying attention and your dps will be consistently higher.

Your imp is 1000 dps, max. Resummoning him takes 10 seconds.
    Your dps x 10 / 1000 time required to make resummoning him worth it.

For example, I die to a firebomb right off the bat and get res'd on Icehowl. I normally do 6000 dps. Therefore, the boss ~must~ be alive for more than 6000 x 10 / 1000 = 60 seconds in order for resummoning him to be worth it.

In the event that you have Fel Domination, the math would be Your DPS x (Summon Time With Fel Dom) / 1000.

Best idea? Don't let yourself or the pet die and ensure you are both always attacking. ^^

R.I.P. YARG

Can you clarify what you're working out with that little equation of yours? I don't think I follow. :S

15+ Year Old Account

Problem: Your imp dies.
    Question: What is going to result in higher dps: spending 10 seconds attacking or spending 10 seconds re-summoning your imp?
    Answer: Compare your imp's dps and your own based on the amount of time each will have.

(Your Damage Per Second x 10 seconds) VS (Imp Damage Per Second x ## of Seconds Remaining)

Do the math here and you can determine when it is appropriate to resummon your imp and when it is better to just nuke the boss.

R.I.P. YARG

Take Haste into account. I don't need 10 seconds to summon anything

So, it's more like

(Your Damage Per Second x {10 seconds / 1.[percentage of Haste]}) vs (Imp Damage Per Second x ## of Seconds Remaining)

Correct me if I'm wrong, please. School's been awhile, especially percentage calculations.

15+ Year Old Account

I always use 10 regardless of Haste because of some latency between your pet reappearing and starting to dps. It works out in the end.

R.I.P. YARG

You're right, I didn't take that into account.

Just for reassuring purposes: the calculation would have been right theoretically, though?

15+ Year Old Account

Yep! It would have been 100% correct

New Cast Time = Old Cast Time / ( (1 + haste from gear) * Buffs)

R.I.P. YARG

Well I was wondering if my dps is correct according to my gear so I made a picture of the dps on Jaraxxus 10 man.

My armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ammer&n=Impzor

Thanks,

Impzor

15+ Year Old Account

Impzor - the odds were stacked against you. Both mages were probably arcane, and the Shaman, while Elemental, probably dropped windfury as that would have resulted in more raid dps. Therefore, the only buffs worth mentioning are bloodlust and elements.

Therefore, your actual dps in a proper setting would have been closer to 6000. I would expect you to be able to hit this with relative ease, as your Conflags/Chaos Bolts seem pretty fine. Your immolate clipping could use some attention (keep Immolate on Jaraxxus and the Mistress, don't do it for the Infernals).

No flask? 1 Flask = 30g = 200 dps. You might have one on, but I don't see it.

Generally speaking, any time you get beat by a shaman is a bad thing, no matter how much your dps was. Set that as your goal and go for it.

R.I.P. YARG