Page 34 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltusV View Post
    Any general help would be great i did 10k dps on heroic blood princess but i think is not hight enough. here is my link, my avatar name is the same as my toon.

Thanks in advance guys
    You seem to have forgotten your link.
    Vol'jin Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vol'jin
    Ya will spend ya reign glancin' over ya shoulda and fearin' tha shadows, for when tha time comes and ya blood be slowly drainin' out, ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya heart.
    Where is your Garrosh now?

NO SMART FOR YOU

Toon link

Sorry, here is the link wowarmory.com/search.xml?searchQuery=voltusv&searchType=all[/url]

I have no idea why my DPS is so low, I peak at about 6k on ICC bosses, normally 14th/15th in the raid, just above tanks. I'm using Immolate DOT, Conflagrate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Chaos bolt, repeat. All while keeping up curse of doom/elements depending on what other locks in the group are doing.

I can't post my armory link because I've too few posts, but my character is Jof on Xavius-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Joeeigel View Post
    I have no idea why my DPS is so low, I peak at about 6k on ICC bosses, normally 14th/15th in the raid, just above tanks. I'm using Immolate DOT, Conflagrate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Chaos bolt, repeat. All while keeping up curse of doom/elements depending on what other locks in the group are doing.

I can't post my armory link because I've too few posts, but my character is Jof on Xavius-EU
    #1. You are too low on hit. You need 17% hit to never miss a spell on a boss in a raid. -3% from a sp/boomkin in a raid and -3% from suppression means you need 11% from gear but you are only at 9%.

#2. You have 4 pieces of PVP gear. This gear has a ton of sta/resilience on it for PvP but sacrifices hit/crit/haste compared to PvE gear. Replace ALL this gear asap even if it is with something that isn't as high iLevel.

#3. The int trinket is horrid. The Int adds very little and the Sp clicky works out to be pretty low over time too. I'd actually recommend the hit/haste 245 badge trinket since you are low on hit.

#4. You trade skills are worthless for a raiding lock. Mining and herbalism provide NO useful bonuses while raiding. Try switching to something else. Tailoring, enchanting, inscription all are good.

#5. Missing enchants on your helm, cloak, weapon and feet. Wrong enchant on Should/legs.

I'd also strongly encourage you to pick up some set bonuses. The tier 10 shoulder from frost badges would be perfect to replace your PvP shoulders and would give you the 2p set bonus. The tier 9 and tier 10 set bonuses are all pretty good for any spec of warlock.

I'm actually about to replace my PVP shoulders to get the set bonus with my gloves. What haste rating should I be gonig for, as I thought crit was better than haste for a raiding lock, I was trying to get that higher instead of haste.

I also have a PVE trinket, It just wasn't on the armory. Its sundial of the exiled

What enchant should I have on my shoulders and legs?

Thanks for the tips!
    Last edited by Joeeigel; 2010-06-18 at 03:59 PM.

Shoulders should be Greater Inscription of the Storm +24 spell power, +15 critical strike rating

Legs should be Brilliant Spellthread +50 spell power, +20 spirit

Any general help would be great i did 10k dps on heroic blood princess but i think is not hight enough.
    I can't post my armory link because I've too few posts, but my character is VoltusV on Frotwolf-USA
    Thanks in advance guys

Quote Originally Posted by VoltusV View Post
    Any general help would be great i did 10k dps on heroic blood princess but i think is not hight enough.
    I can't post my armory link because I've too few posts, but my character is VoltusV on Frotwolf-USA
    Thanks in advance guys
    Looking at your gear nothing stands out as being horribly wrong. Your hit is good, assuming you've got a draeni in group. Your gems and enchants seem fine. Do you have a link to a parse on wowlogs or something?

Overall Blood Princes isn't the best fight for affliction since you can't roll a really stacked up Corruption the whole fight because of switching between the three targets.
    Last edited by evan_s; 2010-06-21 at 07:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    10k is fine, but if you really wanna be a badass on this fight (meters only), figure out how to keep your corruption rolling on all three targets by rotating shadowbolts across each of them (also to maintain SE 3 stack).

Keep Haunt, UA, COA on the main target but shadow bolt the other two now and then for buff maintenance

R.I.P. YARG

Doing around 7k-8k in 25 ICC w/ 25 % Buff.

worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/6jehjlauqg74sm4a/sum/damageDone/?s=6180&e=6398

I just regemed all my slots for +23 sp after this raid because I was so far behind everyone else. Any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Street:
    Your first Destro spec is ok, but if I were you I'd got for 0/13/58 or affliction I just think that affliction does far more dps and in fact it's fun

Gems: Get Purified Dreadstone instead of the +10 stats, 10 stats gem is useless.
    Gear: Your gear is not bad but it can be improved, I'd change Talisman of Resurgence for Abyssal Rune(Toc5 normal) or NMIC(PoS hc), plus I'd buy a triumph ring (Band of the Invoker) since it has haste which is far better than crit on PDS. And since I am not huge fan of staves I'd go for MH-OH.

Also you should drop corruption from your rotaion since it decreases your dps. Check wowmb.net for some tips, its awesome place for warlocks
    Last edited by Czhmoud; 2010-06-24 at 03:09 PM. Reason: typo
    Nope, Chuck Testa.

Quote Originally Posted by Czhmoud View Post
    Street:
    Your first Destro spec is ok, but if I were you I'd got for 0/13/58 or affliction I just think that affliction does far more dps and in fact it's fun

Gems: Get Purified Dreadstone instead of the +10 stats, 10 stats gem is useless.
    Gear: Your gear is not bad but it can be improved, I'd change Talisman of Resurgence for Abyssal Rune(Toc5 normal) or NMIC(PoS hc), plus I'd buy a triumph ring (Band of the Invoker) since it has haste which is far better than crit on PDS. And since I am not huge fan of staves I'd go for MH-OH.

Also you should drop corruption from your rotaion since it decreases your dps. Check wowmb.net for some tips, its awesome place for warlocks
    I only put corruption up when im moving. as well as useing SF and DC, but I just cant seem to get it up which is sad because in 10 mans i push 10k......

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by street1841 View Post
    I only put corruption up when im moving. as well as useing SF and DC, but I just cant seem to get it up which is sad because in 10 mans i push 10k......
    Festergut:

Your immolate uptime is low. Even with movement and vomit debuff you should be able to keep 95%+ uptime on this.
    Your imp only did 650 dps - this tells me you have him phase shifted. Disable this so he can get buffed, as he should be doing about 500 more dps.
    Your imp cast 87 Firebolts, which is 87 * 2 = 174s. The fight was 218s, so you lost a lot of valuable dps here. Put him on the boss and keep him on the boss.

Movement - on this fight you should have to move once per spore. Teleport one way, walk back. On the way back I doubt you should have time for more than one Corruption and possibly a life tap. This makes your Shadowfury and Deathcoil wasted dps. Try to use them less, but don't remove them from your bars.

Therefore, the only thing holding you back is your gear and possibly how many spells per fight you should be casting. You might want to check to see if some douchebag turned off the buff, because that might account for it as well.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by street1841 View Post
    Doing around 7k-8k in 25 ICC w/ 25 % Buff.

worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/6jehjlauqg74sm4a/sum/damageDone/?s=6180&e=6398

I just regemed all my slots for +23 sp after this raid because I was so far behind everyone else. Any suggestions?
    I only play Destro when I'm needed to as the raid mana battery, which coincidentally enough happened last week. Here is a comparison of my Festergut 10 normal parse on that run versus your Festergut 25 parse.

http://www.stratfu.com/kamigami/comp...a000000#damage

Couple big things jump out at me. The most important issue is your incinerate cadence. Mine was 25/minute while yours was 18/minute and that's with both bloodlust and potting speed, neither of which I had/did. When one spell is accounting for +50% of your damage, the extra casts add up quickly. Second big thing is no use of CoA and too much use of Corruption. You said that you're casting Corruption while moving. Great. You shouldn't be moving that much on Festergut. You have Demonic Circle; use it. Either drop it where you're standing and port back after spore collapses or drop it at the collapse point.

Number one tip for doing better dps? ABC (Always Be Casting). If you spend a GCD not casting an ability on a fight like Festergut you're doing it wrong.

My armory in advance: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...yon&cn=R%E4ine

I do ICC25 with my guild and even with the 20% buff (haven't done 25% yet) I still do minimal dps. Around about 8k. I run affliction and only run demo if we don't have another. I use quartz, dotimers, and a few macros to play as afflicition. Honestly, I really can't seem to get my dps to improve too much. My GS is almost 5.9k and the fellow locks who are around 6-6.1k pull a few thousand more dps than I (I know GS =/= skill but I'm using it as a reference). My sp is well over 3k raid buffed. I'm at almost 1k haste. I know my trinkets aren't great and I well over hit cap but there's nothing I can do atm.

My rotation is SB, haunt, UA, Corruption, CoA, SB spam. I refresh when I need to. Never clip dots. Drain soul at 25% and always have life tap up. I have power auras telling me when it isn't and when I get proc's.

The other locks are demo and destro. Is it the spec that makes them do more dps or is the lock class heavy gear dependant to be competible? 8, sometimes, 9k just doesn't seem very good with the gear I have. Could two ICC trinkets be the difference between 3k dmg? Seems unlikely to me.

I've always been a perfectionist with my toons, doing all the research well before 80 and practicing rotations till I get them perfect and have been great at all my other classes. I just can't seem to get this one right.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

If you could link us a combat log parse like World of Logs or WoWmeteronline we could give a more accurate take on what you're doing/not doing, and your armory link doesn't work.

Sorry. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lyon&cn=Räine should work.

I don't have combatlogs because it requires me to be in a guild on worldoflogs.com and the person who has the account isn't in our guild anymore so I can't get invited. I see what you mean though. So I guess disregaurd my post.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Read the first post and follow step 3. That will help us figure out if your problem is rotational, reaction based, problems with information input (timers, etc), or if its simply a movement/proc stacking issue.

R.I.P. YARG

hey guys

i started playing the game again after a 6 month break, so stuff has changed quite drasticly.
    i tried both affli and destro for pve, and although everyone says that affli is better for pve right now, i seem to be doing more dps as destro.
    now, i dont really know how to explain wht i do, but to generalize it, i use the standard rotations for both specs (destro > imo > conf > CB > inc > inc > inc > rinse and repeat) (affli > SB > haunt > UA > corrup > CoA > SB > SB > rinse and repeat).

now i dont know if right now, the best dps just depends on your play style, but i would really appreciate if you could tell me your thoughts on whts the better spec and why.

thanks

[QUOTE=ripskull;8247182]hey guys

since u been away blizz have tweaked all 3 , narrowing the gap in personal dps between all 3.
    depends on your plans and personal pref for playstyle and the fight mechanics.
    in a raiding environment all 3 specs are valued and have their different strengths and weaknesses.
    in terms of dps or damage done, certain fights favour one spec more than the others, but overall in icc, i find more fights favour affliction.

pick the spec that best suits your personality/playstyle.
    all specs are viable in all content, but if what u want is to be top on dps(note, this is different to damage done) most of the time, match the spec to the content u doing.
    a crude way of deciding this = mobs that die quick = destro, mobs that take longer = aff, lots of adds = demo meta time.
    Last edited by grawlim; 2010-07-09 at 04:28 PM. Reason: added 2 quotes