Page 44 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Calling all decent demo warlocks!

So basically the guild I have just joined just killed Maloriak Heroic.. after numerous tries, and although I was second on the dps metres, I was very disappointed with my overall edps. In order to get ranked you need dps of 32.8k and mine was a 25.5k, miles off the ranked players, which makes me feel like I've failed some how.

I was wondering if some of you guys could tell me what I'm doing wrong?.. or is it mainly due to my lack of heroic gear (0 pieces, 1 blue), or do you think it is due to the fact it's the first time I have killed the boss?
    In single target sections of the fight I was soul shard summoning a Succubus and hardcasting a Felguard 9 seconds or so before the green phase, is this a dps loss? As I found it would help me overtake the other warlock that often out dpsed me on the aoe stages.

Let me know, here's my gear: EU / Estasi / Draenor - in case I can't link. (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stasi/advanced)
    and WoL:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13719&e=14351

Quote Originally Posted by Estasi View Post
    Calling all decent demo warlocks!

So basically the guild I have just joined just killed Maloriak Heroic.. after numerous tries, and although I was second on the dps metres, I was very disappointed with my overall edps. In order to get ranked you need dps of 32.8k and mine was a 25.5k, miles off the ranked players, which makes me feel like I've failed some how.

I was wondering if some of you guys could tell me what I'm doing wrong?.. or is it mainly due to my lack of heroic gear (0 pieces, 1 blue), or do you think it is due to the fact it's the first time I have killed the boss?
    In single target sections of the fight I was soul shard summoning a Succubus and hardcasting a Felguard 9 seconds or so before the green phase, is this a dps loss? As I found it would help me overtake the other warlock that often out dpsed me on the aoe stages.

Let me know, here's my gear: EU / Estasi / Draenor - in case I can't link. (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stasi/advanced)
    and WoL:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13719&e=14351
    When you're talking about rankings you're comparing yourself to people who both have experience and better gear as well as having their best run probably consist of less to no iceblocks, grabbing shards from adds (often luck to get a drain in just before an add dies), and no doubt some luck with 4t11 procs.

In other words, do the fight a few times and if you don't improve much simply on gear and timing we might help a bit better.

If you're going to do pet switching, don't hard cast but always soulburn them in. Hardcasting is basically 9 seconds of 0 dps, a huge hit if you're trying for max damage. You can grab fresh shards from adds.

Also are you sure another warlock outdpsed you on AoE stages? The logs show differently, with you topping them by a fair amount each phase.
    Warlocks aren't looking for anything logical, like money.
    They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with.
    Warlocks just want to watch the world burn.

Kilmir on: Armory | EpeenBot | Twitch.tv| WoL | SPQ guild | WoWProgress

Quote Originally Posted by Kilmir View Post
    When you're talking about rankings you're comparing yourself to people who both have experience and better gear as well as having their best run probably consist of less to no iceblocks, grabbing shards from adds (often luck to get a drain in just before an add dies), and no doubt some luck with 4t11 procs.

In other words, do the fight a few times and if you don't improve much simply on gear and timing we might help a bit better.

If you're going to do pet switching, don't hard cast but always soulburn them in. Hardcasting is basically 9 seconds of 0 dps, a huge hit if you're trying for max damage. You can grab fresh shards from adds.

Also are you sure another warlock outdpsed you on AoE stages? The logs show differently, with you topping them by a fair amount each phase.
    I think I just assumed he was out dpsing me on the aoe stages as he always had more damage done every time from Hellfire. I don't know why i hadn't been Soul Draining in the fight for more soul shards, thanks for bringing it to my attention and I definitely won't be hardcasting in future stages. I think that will definitely improve my dps. Thanks a lot.

ok so im in a 10m guild currently running prot pally/blood dk, dis priest/holy pally/ resto druid, 2 fire mages, 2 unholy dks and then me a demo lock to buff all theese little bastards. i play the spec fairly well i dont let HoG fall off and i keep bane up 100% of the time im pulling roughly 18k on single target fights and 22k on aoe fights via multidotting, but i cant help feel like i should be squeezing more out please review my spec and gear and tell me if you see anything i could / should be doing differently. ty ver much in advance.

im not yet able to post links for some reason... but my toon name is thedotfather on grizzly hills in the guild prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by brighteyes44 View Post
    ok so im in a 10m guild currently running prot pally/blood dk, dis priest/holy pally/ resto druid, 2 fire mages, 2 unholy dks and then me a demo lock to buff all theese little bastards. i play the spec fairly well i dont let HoG fall off and i keep bane up 100% of the time im pulling roughly 18k on single target fights and 22k on aoe fights via multidotting, but i cant help feel like i should be squeezing more out please review my spec and gear and tell me if you see anything i could / should be doing differently. ty ver much in advance.

im not yet able to post links for some reason... but my toon name is thedotfather on grizzly hills in the guild prototype.
    If you have 2 mages, why would you be demo? Also, you can link without typing "http://www."-part.

Hello All,

I'm looking for some help to Min/Max my toon... I've got a good collection of gear so far and what I believe to be well min/max'd my hit is .05% (6 hit points) off from an even 17%... my random stat rings doesn't show that but it’s the same stats as my other ring FYI.... How can I improve my DPS to break through to 25k range… it’s seems as if I’m topping out at 20kish…

With hero/time I can get to about 28k but then I fall off when it drops just like everyone else back to my normal DPS range… Stat of DPS has my class/spec doing almost 7k -10k more than me... What can I do to improve here is my armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elock/advanced

Also what’s the outcome of the 4set is it worth it? And if so what four items would you get…

I’m thinking I should trade in my t11 Hands for my t11 Pants to keep the 2set and get the rep hands

Quote Originally Posted by Killadrewid View Post
    Hello All,

I'm looking for some help to Min/Max my toon... I've got a good collection of gear so far and what I believe to be well min/max'd my hit is .05% (6 hit points) off from an even 17%... my random stat rings doesn't show that but it’s the same stats as my other ring FYI.... How can I improve my DPS to break through to 25k range… it’s seems as if I’m topping out at 20kish…

With hero/time I can get to about 28k but then I fall off when it drops just like everyone else back to my normal DPS range… Stat of DPS has my class/spec doing almost 7k -10k more than me... What can I do to improve here is my armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elock/advanced

Also what’s the outcome of the 4set is it worth it? And if so what four items would you get…

I’m thinking I should trade in my t11 Hands for my t11 Pants to keep the 2set and get the rep hands
    Most of the time dps is mostly determined by how you play. Logs are great for that.
    Also, 28k with heroism.. then back to 20k when? on what fight or fights? Again, logs help.

For gearing choices, yeah t11 gloves is not great. 4t11 is a nice effect, but very random and only worth a 150 or so dps on average. Go for it when you can, but if youça get 4t11 yet stick with better items in those slots. Especially gloves are just badly itemized and I wore the rep ones till I got Cho'gal gloves.

For gemming and enchants, Int is basically king. Try to get all gems and enchants to int as much as possible.
    In theory int is even worth more then hitrating, though personally I dislike not being hitcapped. But that doesn't mean you shouldnt aim for gemming pure int everywhere (except where the socketbonus also gives int) and enchant int as well (ie. bracers).

Hello,

I'm a destruction warlock struggling to dps (max 7k) in heroics. I've read the EJ guide and uses that spell priority list. I've gemmed and enchanted what I can. (just recently got the shoulder piece and didn't gem it yet).

Here is my armory link:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...guilmon/simple

I've recorded combat logs for two things, one is on a raid dummy and one is for the bosses of Halls of Origination. I didn't know if I recorded correctly(dps is too high and differs by alot from the recount numbers) but I tried to do what you said in the first post.

link for the raid test dummy:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4c5luk9twpdp9271/

link for Halls of Origination:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rhr4g4gtj5axkc53/

I have screenshots of recount,
    test dummy and Halls of Origination:
    http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/7946/recount2.png
    http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/285...tscreensho.png

I am quite confused right now since I try very hard but still can only pull 7k dps max. I must be doing something terribly wrong.
    Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Guil

Quote Originally Posted by guil View Post
    I am quite confused right now since I try very hard but still can only pull 7k dps max. I must be doing something terribly wrong.
    Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Guil
    Well to start off you have nothing enchanted. You have several pieces with spirit, which is pretty much a wasted stat for us. Also quite a lot of mastery (you have more mastery then me at ilvl 362) which is the least of the dps stats. I understand you're still gearing, but try to aim more for haste and crit. Only get more hitrating if you're planning to do some raiding.

Secondly, heroics are often fast paced and a poor test for comparative dps. Even so, you should use Conflag on cooldown and try to keep dots running on anything that lasts 10+ seconds. Also, Shadowflame is awesome and if you really want to spike damage on a boss drop an Infernal .

Testdummies are slightly better, but don't forget that in groups and raids you usually will have some raidbuffs that can alter your damage substantially. A 5% haste aura from an spriest or shammie can push your immolate into an extra tick which also increases your Conflag damage significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilmir View Post
    Well to start off you have nothing enchanted. You have several pieces with spirit, which is pretty much a wasted stat for us. Also quite a lot of mastery (you have more mastery then me at ilvl 362) which is the least of the dps stats. I understand you're still gearing, but try to aim more for haste and crit. Only get more hitrating if you're planning to do some raiding.

Secondly, heroics are often fast paced and a poor test for comparative dps. Even so, you should use Conflag on cooldown and try to keep dots running on anything that lasts 10+ seconds. Also, Shadowflame is awesome and if you really want to spike damage on a boss drop an Infernal .

Testdummies are slightly better, but don't forget that in groups and raids you usually will have some raidbuffs that can alter your damage substantially. A 5% haste aura from an spriest or shammie can push your immolate into an extra tick which also increases your Conflag damage significantly.
    Thank you Kilmir for your advice. I will definitely do that. Just curious, how can people do 25k+ dps in raids? Do the buffs and better gear change your dps that dramatically (doubling or even tripling your dps) ?

Ok to start things off here is my armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowmoon/steak/simple

i feel like my dps on all the boss fights are very low and that Simulation craft says that i should be doing 25k dps

This is my world of logs for the guild i am in worldoflogs.com/guilds/85332/

What do you guys think i can do to get my dps up?I am a very skill player and i always try to read up to look what i can and can't do on boss fights.I have a logitech g510 gaming keyboard and with the gkeys i can make it so i just have to hold down one of the gkeys and it will spam the spell i want it to.If i did that would it make my dps higher or you don't think i should do that becuase i can get banned?

I know what I'm doing, but I'm not above criticism or suggestions, I'm looking to gain another 3k dps on Magmaw and push for #1.

any suggestions?

[ world of logs ] /reports/mjgb5f6bow5q6pw4/sum/damageDone/?s=47&e=475#Brokrone

[ battle dot net ] /wow/en/character/malfurion/Brokrone/advanced

Edit: in related news, when do I get link privileges?
    nice

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...e=475#Brokrone

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...krone/advanced
    Last edited by Penguin FTW; 2011-04-17 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by guil View Post
    Thank you Kilmir for your advice. I will definitely do that. Just curious, how can people do 25k+ dps in raids? Do the buffs and better gear change your dps that dramatically (doubling or even tripling your dps) ?
    There are many factors. For one, you get to use your infernal which is a nice boost but skews numbers. Secondly many fights have secondary targets. This means you get to use Bane of Havoc as well as an additional target for dots. In some fights you get to nuke adds which can give Soul Shards for more instant Soul Fires.

Also, some bossfights have extra ways to increase damage. Puddles from Arcanotron, Halfus +damage debuff and Maloriaks green phase for instance can throw dps numbers really high.

All the buffs and debuffs, heroism, as well as Dark Intent uptime can give you something like 50% more dps in total. Basically if you can get up to, say, 16k dps on a dummy you should break 20k on bossfights rather easy if you know what you're doing (taking dps loss due to movement into account). On multiple target fights like V&T, ODS, Conclave and captain planet you can break 25k due to Havoc and multi dotting.

Of course when you get into hard modes, you have so much going on that you typically have a hard time doing anything

---------- Post added 2011-04-19 at 06:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I know what I'm doing, but I'm not above criticism or suggestions, I'm looking to gain another 3k dps on Magmaw and push for #1.

any suggestions?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...e=475#Brokrone

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...krone/advanced
    1. Do you pre-pot?
    2. Tell your raidmembers to stop dieing so the fight time is shorter and Heroism counts for more
    3. Perhaps keep your imp on Magmaw so it won't lose casttime/bolts due to adds dieing. This should also increase Burning Embers uptime a bit
    4. Imp Soul Fire uptime is at 63%. I know this fight is typically hard to keep imp SF up all the time, but at least try to refresh it before Shadow Flaming those adds (hard to tell if you already do that or not).
    5. 7 Soulburns already, but you might be able to squeeze a few more out. Looking at your Shadow Burns I assume you replenish your stock constantly anyway.

That's all I could think off. Keep up the good work

1. I do, but I think recently I've been forgetting to use it during BL, gotta do better on that

2. lol

3. I'll do that, good suggestion

4/5. I do try, but I'll and be more mindful of that

---------- Post added 2011-04-20 at 02:05 AM ----------

nah I give up, everyone just AoE'd this week like twats

Hello. A new challenger has arrived!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4175&e=4532

I am shadocaster on that kill, and I am the lowest DPS out of all the DPS that stayed alive for that halfus kill. Browsing around the logs you can look at other fights. Where are some areas that I can improve? I am a good player(or at least I hope I am), so what is separating me from being higher on the charts?

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    1. I do, but I think recently I've been forgetting to use it during BL, gotta do better on that

2. lol

3. I'll do that, good suggestion

4/5. I do try, but I'll and be more mindful of that

---------- Post added 2011-04-20 at 02:05 AM ----------

nah I give up, everyone just AoE'd this week like twats
    I was wondering, are you just shadowflaming the parasites to gain dps or because you're being asked to? My guild has the adds kited and no ranged dps them on hard mode.. just wondered what your guild does.

To gain dps because of Havoc, otherwise it'd just be padding

Quote Originally Posted by Shadocaster View Post
    Hello. A new challenger has arrived!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4175&e=4532

I am shadocaster on that kill, and I am the lowest DPS out of all the DPS that stayed alive for that halfus kill. Browsing around the logs you can look at other fights. Where are some areas that I can improve? I am a good player(or at least I hope I am), so what is separating me from being higher on the charts?
    On halfus you need to be selfish to crank up dps, but first you need to know mechanic of the fight. Halfus takes additional damage when you kill drakes, and this increase is cumulative. So you start the fight buy opening on halfus and usually when you are done with all the dots you need to put bane of havoc on halfus, by that time tank will pick up one drake and then you need to change target to drake.

Usually tanks start the fight with whelps too so you will need to position your self in melee range in order to be able to put strike all the whelps, boss and active drakes with shadow(cleave)flame. As those whelps don't die ridiculously fast ass many adds do now days, they are optimal for multidoting tactic, so you will need to put immolate on every single one, boss and drake and keep shadow(cleave)flame on cd. I use mouse-over immolate macro and addon that displays my dots on enemy plates, i think it is called platebaffs or something, to effectively multidot.

When whelps die out put bane of havoc on active drake and keep imolate on it, be in melee range and shadow(cleave)flame on cd, and selfishly main target halfus. Imo i use /focus in same macro as bane of havoc so i can with my mouseover immolate macro keep immolate on drake by just mouseover targeting focus frame.

With this tactic you will easily be on top of dps in your guild, as first one on that list has lower dps then I have done on halfus normal 10man. Good luck in avoiding getting aggro form your guild leader, but you will get respect from your dps.

and one more thing, if you are bad on other fights not just halfus, if you don't maintain exact simcraft rotation, then take tame and learn your class, or try some addons like Ovale spell priority and custum scripts, one written by me for destro warlocks, you will find that in ovale forums.

Hi, this is a combat log of my guild's progress on h valiona and theralion, dont have a solo combat log so i dont know if this will suffice :/
    w ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/qpib22vipy90zm0e/details/2/

this is a link to my armory.
    w ww.wowstead.com/wow/characters/9046728-bitemeplease
    u s.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/bitemeplease/simple
    (both are the same links in case one is not working.)
    note: there is a space in between the links as i cant post links because my post count is too low.

my guild hasnt effectively downed Heroic valiona yet... best attempt was at 23% if i'm not wrong. well my dps is around 21~22k , destro specced, and a fellow guildie who's affliction does around 26k (granted , she has a few heroic pieces) . somehow i feel i can improve my dps somehow?

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-u5...ses&boss=43296
    Here are my HM Chim attempts. Some of them are higher than others, but here's what I'm concerned about:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-u5...?s=3787&e=4111

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../rethea/simple
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."