Page 48 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rutiene View Post
    You'll see from my WoL parse that my actual ticks are much less. And this is with timing my on use procs with BoD casts (hence the lower uptime on BoD). Any other advice would be lovely. My logs at world of logs can be found at : reports/rt-nkadsewkv18qmd35/details/8/?s=10545&e=10905
    You can keep BoD up and just refresh it when you get your procs, preferably just before a tick.

For example at the start of the fight apply BoD as normal. If you have all your trinkets + Power Torrent up, refresh BoD with 46-47s remaining. You should however remember if your BoD is "super powered" through procs because if it is you don't want to refresh the BoD again - If you clip it just before it's last tick you'll lose the extra damage on that tick, so let it fall off and immediately reapply.

Any buffs/procs applied to you will translate to your DoTs if they're refreshed by any means. Any debuffs on the target will automatically translate to the DoTs on the target.

That is something that I was playing with that week. First of all, it is not worth doing this at the beginning of a fight. This is because of the interaction of 3 things:

1) Shadow Embrace does not update unless you do a manual refresh. This is not too bad for the other DoTs if you pre-cast Shadowbolt and open with Haunt, since they have relatively short durations. But BoD should be refreshed for 3 stacks of SE. This becomes tricky on fights like Baleroc (or Rag, Al'Akir, Sinestra, etc) because the model is so big and the 'contact point' is so high that the travel time of your 2nd Shadowbolt/Haunt for the 3rd stack takes awhile to get there.

2) Power Torrent and DMC: Volcano have decently high proc rates and for me, at least, will proc within the first 7s of the fight typically (enough for Haunt->Corruption->UA->Shadowbolt).

3) A DoT without any remaining ticks will fall off even if it is before the end of duration. So refreshing BoD before its first tick is a complete waste of a global, IF you are going to let it tick down to its last tick. Which you should because that round of BoD should be carrying Rune of Zeth cd, DMC: Volcano proc, Power Torrent proc, and Demon Soul cd.

edit Upon further thought, I don't think this is accurate. Which renders my entire argument moot, so I will try it the other way this week. Although, as a small correction, I would say that to refresh it ASAP would be the most beneficial.

So to me, that means delaying the initial cast of BoD to wait for full proc/cd line up and 3 stacks of SE would be most beneficial. This usually put my uptime to about 96% on BoD. (Before I started doing this, it was at 99%).

Now, the circumstances for delaying during the fight is trickier to tease out. While 1), should not be in play unless you're target switching (or it's Ragnaros). 2) and 3) still are. You should always track the ICD's of your procs. And because of 3), it seems to me that if the ICD of at LEAST your DMC: Volcano proc is <9s (to give 5s for proc time) you should always wait to let it proc before casting BoD. Otherwise, yes, go ahead and cast it and recast it when procs come up given that at least one tick has gone by. (DPCT of 1 tick of BoD > DPCT of Shadow Bolt)

So that's how I have arrived at 91.x% up time.

Now the troubling part of all of this is that this really highlights my original concern, the damage done by my DoT ticks is much lower than SimCraft is showing. If I did it your way, then my average tick damage would be even lower than WoL says it is, and SimCraft (as far as I'm aware) does not even care about procs. So what's the deal?

VVVV I have run it through raid comp and it should be fine. It is a mystery! My Dark Intent uptime was at 96% which is perfectly fine. I don't get FM but I don't imagine most locks do.
    Last edited by rutiene; 2011-07-26 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    Maybe you were missing an important raid/personal buff? Check your raidcomp on the mmo champion tool and see what you come up with

Hello everyone.

Any help that can be given to help me improve, suggestions, tips or otherwise would be greatly appreciated. It's not that my DPS is bad (I don't think) I'm in a guild that is currently only doing 10m Normal Modes and I rank on Firelands bosses fairly often, but I feel I should be able to do much more, specifically on straight single target fights (Like Baleroc and Majordomo Staghelm).

I only ever play affliction, here is an armory link and WOL from tonight.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...etapped/simple

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-oze8xais4rq2mxwp/

Thanks again!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soradakey View Post
    I just came back to wow after a 2 month break and my dps has gone down the toilet. I decided to switch from destro to afflic considering it is supposed to be the strongest dps at the moment.

*This is all done on the elite training dummy*

I am keeping all my DoT's at nearly 100% uptime. I try to refresh it as close to 0 seconds left as I can, however a lot of the time I will end up refreshing it with 1-2 seconds left on the timer, or 1-2 seconds after it has already gone off(I have dotimer set up so I can easily see exactly when I miss the refresh). My starting rotation is Shadow Bolt -> Haunt -> Bane of Doom -> Corruption -> Unstable Affliction -> Shadow Bolt. Then I just keep all my dots up while spamming SB. I also use Demon Soul at the start and then refresh it whenever I see it come off cd, however I miss it a lot.

At the start I am really low, around 7-8k. I slowly raise up until I get around 11k, however I can't seem to get any higher than this.

My armory is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...drace/advanced

The only buff I have on is fel armor.

I read a guide for 4.2 afflic locks over on EJ, that's where I got the spec and rotation from.
    I have a similar problem. My dps is ok but not great whereas it was really good at the end of the previous tier. My (equipped) ilvl is 370, "rotation" talents glyphs and so forth from EJ and on the elite dummy I get about 16k5 in about 4minutes worth of rotation which I find totally unsatisfactory. Of course no buff / dark intent / shadowflame / drain soul but still. I will test my frost dk tomorrow on the dummy but on Za/zg I do way more dps with much less stuff and a much simpler "rotation" with my dk.

Also on Ragnaros I actually do better in demonology than in affliction, although the fight is quite heavy with movements.
    Last edited by mmoca123b20796; 2011-07-27 at 11:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    I have a similar problem. My dps is ok but not great whereas it was really good at the end of the previous tier. My (equipped) ilvl is 370, "rotation" talents glyphs and so forth from EJ and on the elite dummy I get about 16k5 in about 4minutes worth of rotation which I find totally unsatisfactory. Of course no buff / dark intent / shadowflame / drain soul but still. I will test my frost dk tomorrow on the dummy but on Za/zg I do way more dps with much less stuff and a much simpler "rotation" with my dk.

Also on Ragnaros I actually do better in demonology than in affliction, although the fight is quite heavy with movements.
    Ignore Ragnaros, Ignore dummies, check your DPS on Baleroc, give us a log + your armory and we can help.

Hey im really hoping someone can help me here. Ive never posted for help on anything wow related so if im posting the wrong stuff or not giving you enough info i apologise.

Bit of FYI, only been playing a lock for about a month and i apreciate its not the easiest of characters to pick up. Ive tanked since vanilla but really fancied a change. My gear isnt to bad if im honest (armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alsifer/simple) but i rarely hit above 16k dps which is starting to annoy the officers in the guild. On target dummies if i soulswap i hit about 15k. I have my recount logs for Chimaeron http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/805/chimdps.jpg and Nefarian (some DPS died) http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/684/nefdps.jpg

I know i must be doing something wrong because lesser geared mages/rogues and hunters are destroying me on DPS meters, equally geared Ret palas and Fury warriors are also whooping me and the boomkin is about 10% ahead of me ALL the time. I am using the FCFS 'rotation' opening with Shadowbolts for the boss debuff etc and refreshing all dots before they drop off whenever i can and using Haunt off CD. Im not using Pots (at the moment, i will be soon enough tho once i have this DPS issue sorted)

Im not expecting to be top of the table, and thats not what im aiming for at all, i know a lot will have to do with the encounter etc, but even on Chimaeron which is pretty much a standard nuke fight, i just dont feel like im getting everyting out of this character at the moment and its getting to the point where i fear i may lose my raid spot.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Deleted
    Hai Calsifer,

First of all, your reforging is.. bad. Go for Hit(till cap)>Haste>Mastery/Crit. You lack a few hit, which is nice to get back.

Both your Alchemy and Herbalism are very, very low. I'd say remove both and get Tailoring + JC. Maxing both out gives you again a little increase of DPS.
    Your Glyph of Fear should be dropped, take Glyph of SB instead, reducing the mana cost, which results into fewer lifetaps during a bossfight.

Furthermore I cant really see of recount what you're doing wrong, apart from you doing it wrong (e.g., check the difference between Nef & Chim on your spells damage..)

A few hints:
    > Make sure to DI the right person, not your pet eventho you're in Ogri.
    > Make sure to have Fel Armor, aswell as ofcourse flask and foodbuff
    > Don't let dots fall off, in Cataclysm you should be reapplying dots right before they fall off, e.g. BoD when there's a few sec left, as it ticks every 15 seconds. Also use haunt on CD, as I doubt you do that. On nef, if you're soulswapping (which you should) use Bane of Agony, or dot manually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fix my dps please.

Simcrafted myself, got ~27k for both Aff and Demo

Baleroc 10N as Demo. In the shard rotation
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10311&e=10677
    Baleroc 10N as Aff, not in Shard rotation
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...?s=8150&e=8514

Both times I am roughly 6-7k under simcraft.

Main spec is Demo, only went Aff since Doomguard was on CD and I was expecting an early wipe
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rolex/advanced
    Things I know are wrong:
    Not pet swapping as Demo, cuz i'm a baddie
    Not being in melee to Shadowflame

Anything other than that to fix? Armory gear is slightly wrong since I got pants after and had to change my reforging to get back near Hit cap

Thank you
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Fix my dps please.

Simcrafted myself, got ~27k for both Aff and Demo

Baleroc 10N as Demo. In the shard rotation
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10311&e=10677
    Baleroc 10N as Aff, not in Shard rotation
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...?s=8150&e=8514

Both times I am roughly 6-7k under simcraft.

Main spec is Demo, only went Aff since Doomguard was on CD and I was expecting an early wipe
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rolex/advanced
    Things I know are wrong:
    Not pet swapping as Demo, cuz i'm a baddie
    Not being in melee to Shadowflame

Anything other than that to fix? Armory gear is slightly wrong since I got pants after and had to change my reforging to get back near Hit cap

Thank you
    Only few things I see is that you should enchant your wrist with +50 int and gem your chest towards double int. Also, since you're mastery-reforged, your affliction DPS is ofcourse lower. I haven't bin deep through the logs as I'm lazy atm, but I can say your DPS is quite ok seeing your gear (can be +2-3k, but certainly not what your sim says). I'd recommend checking your sim setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    Hai Calsifer,

First of all, your reforging is.. bad. Go for Hit(till cap)>Haste>Mastery/Crit. You lack a few hit, which is nice to get back.

Both your Alchemy and Herbalism are very, very low. I'd say remove both and get Tailoring + JC. Maxing both out gives you again a little increase of DPS.
    Your Glyph of Fear should be dropped, take Glyph of SB instead, reducing the mana cost, which results into fewer lifetaps during a bossfight.

Furthermore I cant really see of recount what you're doing wrong, apart from you doing it wrong (e.g., check the difference between Nef & Chim on your spells damage..)

A few hints:
    > Make sure to DI the right person, not your pet eventho you're in Ogri.
    > Make sure to have Fel Armor, aswell as ofcourse flask and foodbuff
    > Don't let dots fall off, in Cataclysm you should be reapplying dots right before they fall off, e.g. BoD when there's a few sec left, as it ticks every 15 seconds. Also use haunt on CD, as I doubt you do that. On nef, if you're soulswapping (which you should) use Bane of Agony, or dot manually.
    Hey thanks for the reply, ive been reading up more on reforging and im going to sort that when i get back in from work, gona try a new trinket out instead of the hit one i have as i should be able to get the hit cap with the new MH i got from FL last night. The character is less than a month old hence the low profs, i really dont get much time to play outside of raids .

Regarding DI i usually put that on the Boomkin in the raid, altho it will be on the Spriest we will be using as of next week.

I started using Haunt on CD as of last night as i read somewhere else thats what i should be doing. Always fully raid buffed, food flask etc, still not using pots on pre-pull and during encounter.

I seem to sit on about 14k dps on every encounter i do, spcifically in Firelands altho on a couple of the big trash mobs i managed to hit 19k and i was doing nothing different than what i was doing on the boss encounters when i was able to stand and nuke.

Trying Gate Keeper w/e he is called 2nite so hopefully i will be able to hit 19k+ on that after ive reforged my gear. The logs will be uploaded on WoL after the raid so i will re-post that if im still unsatisfied.

Thanks again for the reply

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    Only few things I see is that you should enchant your wrist with +50 int and gem your chest towards double int. Also, since you're mastery-reforged, your affliction DPS is ofcourse lower. I haven't bin deep through the logs as I'm lazy atm, but I can say your DPS is quite ok seeing your gear (can be +2-3k, but certainly not what your sim says). I'd recommend checking your sim setup.
    Thank you, I swapped from t11-t12 legs and lost butt tons of hit I had to get back, i was sitting at just at the 1993 point before that and the haste enchant on wrists was to get there.

Is there a way to link the results page? My extent of Simcraft knowledge is I put my dude in and hit sim and it tells me I suck.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

any help i can get would be nice, i feel like my dps is lower then what it should be

i beleive i have my gear reforged, enchanted, gemmed right

my only other option is i am doing my rotation wrong

i start off using DS>rune> CoE>haunt>UA>corr>BoD> shadowbolt

it wont let me post any kind of links, images, until i have posted a few times

normal baleroc, i did 26464.1 dps

we been working on heroic domo and i have been avg. around 25k to 32k dps which seems kinda low to me also

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by panthro7 View Post
    Hey thanks for the reply, ive been reading up more on reforging and im going to sort that when i get back in from work, gona try a new trinket out instead of the hit one i have as i should be able to get the hit cap with the new MH i got from FL last night. The character is less than a month old hence the low profs, i really dont get much time to play outside of raids .

Regarding DI i usually put that on the Boomkin in the raid, altho it will be on the Spriest we will be using as of next week.

I started using Haunt on CD as of last night as i read somewhere else thats what i should be doing. Always fully raid buffed, food flask etc, still not using pots on pre-pull and during encounter.

I seem to sit on about 14k dps on every encounter i do, spcifically in Firelands altho on a couple of the big trash mobs i managed to hit 19k and i was doing nothing different than what i was doing on the boss encounters when i was able to stand and nuke.

Trying Gate Keeper w/e he is called 2nite so hopefully i will be able to hit 19k+ on that after ive reforged my gear. The logs will be uploaded on WoL after the raid so i will re-post that if im still unsatisfied.

Thanks again for the reply
    Eventho prepotting is quite essential, the DPS difference throughout a whole fight will be small, apart from Majordomo (since there the nuke in the start you get is.... insane.)

I happily await more logs of your Baleroc kill/tries, and see what more I can do if your DPS is still low.

Never give up!

Quote Originally Posted by buckoo View Post
    any help i can get would be nice, i feel like my dps is lower then what it should be

i beleive i have my gear reforged, enchanted, gemmed right

my only other option is i am doing my rotation wrong

i start off using DS>rune> CoE>haunt>UA>corr>BoD> shadowbolt

it wont let me post any kind of links, images, until i have posted a few times

normal baleroc, i did 26464.1 dps

we been working on heroic domo and i have been avg. around 25k to 32k dps which seems kinda low to me also
    Post links; You can fix a link by removing http://www. - part.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Thank you, I swapped from t11-t12 legs and lost butt tons of hit I had to get back, i was sitting at just at the 1993 point before that and the haste enchant on wrists was to get there.

Is there a way to link the results page? My extent of Simcraft knowledge is I put my dude in and hit sim and it tells me I suck.
    I'll have to be honest with you; I've got no clue about that part of Sim either. ;-) I can look closer into your char once I get home.. which will be.. tomorrow. :<

EDIT: @Calsifer,

If your DPS keeps being low, it might be time to check out other speccs, such as Destruction or Demonology. Both are lower DPS speccs but, when you can't keep up with Affliction's playstyle (which I honestly can understand), you really might just try Demo first, then destruction. If you have a small ammount of time, test it out in heroics (lets say you're off duty on sunday, go get that done). Demonology is/can be fairly easy; the real trick about the specc is knowing when to pop CDs, without that you should still be able to do proper DPS.

You might also want to check up Xaphire.com, I've made a post about Warlocks in Firelands, an Affliction part will come next reset.
    Last edited by mmocd9f934ed2c; 2011-08-05 at 07:59 AM. Reason: @Calsifer

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-lyt2112mzgpqo1cw/dashboard/?s=3230&e=3500

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w9upzninmkozfnjs/

Deleted

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uckoo/advanced
    Reforge the wand properly, aswell as the cloak. I'm guessing you forgot when swapping of Demonology, then your gear is set.

Seeing your stats on Baleroc, the uptime of your bane is close-to-rediculously low. I'd also keep up Bane of Doom instead. Haunt same story, keep it on CD, see your dps go boom.

That's all.

I'm noticing low uptime of Haunt. Haunt is your highest priority spell and should be cast as soon as it's off cooldown.

On Baleroc you used BoA instead of BoD. Your spriest died early, so you lost DI, you should have recast this either on him if he had been ressed or on your second best target.

On Majordomo I see your uptime on dots is lower, remember to use fel flame when moving to ensure that UA won't drop off. Ideally your melee and hunters should be able to handle the adds, because of ramp up time you can't really do any decent damage to them.

reforge the wand and cloak to crit?

and yea i switched to doom this week after baleroc

You don't need to reforge every item, items with good itemization (haste/hit) should be left alone.

Edit: Several things can be done with your reforging:
    Cloak - remove reforge
    Bracers - mastery -> haste
    Second ring - crit -> hit
    Legs - mastery -> hit
    Belt - mastery -> hit
    Wand - remove reforge
    Last edited by Khadjid; 2011-08-05 at 08:45 AM.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gilneas/Buckoo/simple

i think thats right, not sure but in game is shows me hit cap, but on website it shows me am not so not sure