Page 49 of 110 FirstFirst ...
39
47
48
49
50
51
59
99
... LastLast
  1. #961
    Quote Originally Posted by soradakey View Post
    I just came back to wow after a 2 month break and my dps has gone down the toilet. I decided to switch from destro to afflic considering it is supposed to be the strongest dps at the moment.

    *This is all done on the elite training dummy*

    I am keeping all my DoT's at nearly 100% uptime. I try to refresh it as close to 0 seconds left as I can, however a lot of the time I will end up refreshing it with 1-2 seconds left on the timer, or 1-2 seconds after it has already gone off(I have dotimer set up so I can easily see exactly when I miss the refresh). My starting rotation is Shadow Bolt -> Haunt -> Bane of Doom -> Corruption -> Unstable Affliction -> Shadow Bolt. Then I just keep all my dots up while spamming SB. I also use Demon Soul at the start and then refresh it whenever I see it come off cd, however I miss it a lot.


    At the start I am really low, around 7-8k. I slowly raise up until I get around 11k, however I can't seem to get any higher than this.

    My armory is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...drace/advanced

    The only buff I have on is fel armor.

    I read a guide for 4.2 afflic locks over on EJ, that's where I got the spec and rotation from.
    I have a similar problem. My dps is ok but not great whereas it was really good at the end of the previous tier. My (equipped) ilvl is 370, "rotation" talents glyphs and so forth from EJ and on the elite dummy I get about 16k5 in about 4minutes worth of rotation which I find totally unsatisfactory. Of course no buff / dark intent / shadowflame / drain soul but still. I will test my frost dk tomorrow on the dummy but on Za/zg I do way more dps with much less stuff and a much simpler "rotation" with my dk.

    Also on Ragnaros I actually do better in demonology than in affliction, although the fight is quite heavy with movements.
    Last edited by Silmarieni; 2011-07-27 at 11:53 PM.

  2. #962
    Brewmaster Prozac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gnumregan
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    I have a similar problem. My dps is ok but not great whereas it was really good at the end of the previous tier. My (equipped) ilvl is 370, "rotation" talents glyphs and so forth from EJ and on the elite dummy I get about 16k5 in about 4minutes worth of rotation which I find totally unsatisfactory. Of course no buff / dark intent / shadowflame / drain soul but still. I will test my frost dk tomorrow on the dummy but on Za/zg I do way more dps with much less stuff and a much simpler "rotation" with my dk.

    Also on Ragnaros I actually do better in demonology than in affliction, although the fight is quite heavy with movements.
    Ignore Ragnaros, Ignore dummies, check your DPS on Baleroc, give us a log + your armory and we can help.

  3. #963
    Hey im really hoping someone can help me here. Ive never posted for help on anything wow related so if im posting the wrong stuff or not giving you enough info i apologise.

    Bit of FYI, only been playing a lock for about a month and i apreciate its not the easiest of characters to pick up. Ive tanked since vanilla but really fancied a change. My gear isnt to bad if im honest (armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alsifer/simple) but i rarely hit above 16k dps which is starting to annoy the officers in the guild. On target dummies if i soulswap i hit about 15k. I have my recount logs for Chimaeron http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/805/chimdps.jpg and Nefarian (some DPS died) http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/684/nefdps.jpg

    I know i must be doing something wrong because lesser geared mages/rogues and hunters are destroying me on DPS meters, equally geared Ret palas and Fury warriors are also whooping me and the boomkin is about 10% ahead of me ALL the time. I am using the FCFS 'rotation' opening with Shadowbolts for the boss debuff etc and refreshing all dots before they drop off whenever i can and using Haunt off CD. Im not using Pots (at the moment, i will be soon enough tho once i have this DPS issue sorted)

    Im not expecting to be top of the table, and thats not what im aiming for at all, i know a lot will have to do with the encounter etc, but even on Chimaeron which is pretty much a standard nuke fight, i just dont feel like im getting everyting out of this character at the moment and its getting to the point where i fear i may lose my raid spot.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated

  4. #964
    Brewmaster Prozac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gnumregan
    Posts
    1,462
    Hai Calsifer,

    First of all, your reforging is.. bad. Go for Hit(till cap)>Haste>Mastery/Crit. You lack a few hit, which is nice to get back.

    Both your Alchemy and Herbalism are very, very low. I'd say remove both and get Tailoring + JC. Maxing both out gives you again a little increase of DPS.
    Your Glyph of Fear should be dropped, take Glyph of SB instead, reducing the mana cost, which results into fewer lifetaps during a bossfight.

    Furthermore I cant really see of recount what you're doing wrong, apart from you doing it wrong (e.g., check the difference between Nef & Chim on your spells damage..)

    A few hints:
    > Make sure to DI the right person, not your pet eventho you're in Ogri.
    > Make sure to have Fel Armor, aswell as ofcourse flask and foodbuff
    > Don't let dots fall off, in Cataclysm you should be reapplying dots right before they fall off, e.g. BoD when there's a few sec left, as it ticks every 15 seconds. Also use haunt on CD, as I doubt you do that. On nef, if you're soulswapping (which you should) use Bane of Agony, or dot manually.

  5. #965
    Immortal mistuhbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Quel'Thalas
    Posts
    7,045
    Fix my dps please.

    Simcrafted myself, got ~27k for both Aff and Demo

    Baleroc 10N as Demo. In the shard rotation
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10311&e=10677
    Baleroc 10N as Aff, not in Shard rotation
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...?s=8150&e=8514

    Both times I am roughly 6-7k under simcraft.

    Main spec is Demo, only went Aff since Doomguard was on CD and I was expecting an early wipe
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rolex/advanced
    Things I know are wrong:
    Not pet swapping as Demo, cuz i'm a baddie
    Not being in melee to Shadowflame

    Anything other than that to fix? Armory gear is slightly wrong since I got pants after and had to change my reforging to get back near Hit cap

    Thank you
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

    I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

  6. #966
    Brewmaster Prozac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gnumregan
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Fix my dps please.

    Simcrafted myself, got ~27k for both Aff and Demo

    Baleroc 10N as Demo. In the shard rotation
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10311&e=10677
    Baleroc 10N as Aff, not in Shard rotation
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...?s=8150&e=8514

    Both times I am roughly 6-7k under simcraft.

    Main spec is Demo, only went Aff since Doomguard was on CD and I was expecting an early wipe
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rolex/advanced
    Things I know are wrong:
    Not pet swapping as Demo, cuz i'm a baddie
    Not being in melee to Shadowflame

    Anything other than that to fix? Armory gear is slightly wrong since I got pants after and had to change my reforging to get back near Hit cap

    Thank you
    Only few things I see is that you should enchant your wrist with +50 int and gem your chest towards double int. Also, since you're mastery-reforged, your affliction DPS is ofcourse lower. I haven't bin deep through the logs as I'm lazy atm, but I can say your DPS is quite ok seeing your gear (can be +2-3k, but certainly not what your sim says). I'd recommend checking your sim setup.

  7. #967
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    Hai Calsifer,

    First of all, your reforging is.. bad. Go for Hit(till cap)>Haste>Mastery/Crit. You lack a few hit, which is nice to get back.

    Both your Alchemy and Herbalism are very, very low. I'd say remove both and get Tailoring + JC. Maxing both out gives you again a little increase of DPS.
    Your Glyph of Fear should be dropped, take Glyph of SB instead, reducing the mana cost, which results into fewer lifetaps during a bossfight.

    Furthermore I cant really see of recount what you're doing wrong, apart from you doing it wrong (e.g., check the difference between Nef & Chim on your spells damage..)

    A few hints:
    > Make sure to DI the right person, not your pet eventho you're in Ogri.
    > Make sure to have Fel Armor, aswell as ofcourse flask and foodbuff
    > Don't let dots fall off, in Cataclysm you should be reapplying dots right before they fall off, e.g. BoD when there's a few sec left, as it ticks every 15 seconds. Also use haunt on CD, as I doubt you do that. On nef, if you're soulswapping (which you should) use Bane of Agony, or dot manually.
    Hey thanks for the reply, ive been reading up more on reforging and im going to sort that when i get back in from work, gona try a new trinket out instead of the hit one i have as i should be able to get the hit cap with the new MH i got from FL last night. The character is less than a month old hence the low profs, i really dont get much time to play outside of raids .

    Regarding DI i usually put that on the Boomkin in the raid, altho it will be on the Spriest we will be using as of next week.

    I started using Haunt on CD as of last night as i read somewhere else thats what i should be doing. Always fully raid buffed, food flask etc, still not using pots on pre-pull and during encounter.

    I seem to sit on about 14k dps on every encounter i do, spcifically in Firelands altho on a couple of the big trash mobs i managed to hit 19k and i was doing nothing different than what i was doing on the boss encounters when i was able to stand and nuke.

    Trying Gate Keeper w/e he is called 2nite so hopefully i will be able to hit 19k+ on that after ive reforged my gear. The logs will be uploaded on WoL after the raid so i will re-post that if im still unsatisfied.

    Thanks again for the reply

  8. #968
    Immortal mistuhbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Quel'Thalas
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    Only few things I see is that you should enchant your wrist with +50 int and gem your chest towards double int. Also, since you're mastery-reforged, your affliction DPS is ofcourse lower. I haven't bin deep through the logs as I'm lazy atm, but I can say your DPS is quite ok seeing your gear (can be +2-3k, but certainly not what your sim says). I'd recommend checking your sim setup.
    Thank you, I swapped from t11-t12 legs and lost butt tons of hit I had to get back, i was sitting at just at the 1993 point before that and the haste enchant on wrists was to get there.

    Is there a way to link the results page? My extent of Simcraft knowledge is I put my dude in and hit sim and it tells me I suck.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

    I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

  9. #969
    any help i can get would be nice, i feel like my dps is lower then what it should be

    i beleive i have my gear reforged, enchanted, gemmed right

    my only other option is i am doing my rotation wrong

    i start off using DS>rune> CoE>haunt>UA>corr>BoD> shadowbolt

    it wont let me post any kind of links, images, until i have posted a few times

    normal baleroc, i did 26464.1 dps

    we been working on heroic domo and i have been avg. around 25k to 32k dps which seems kinda low to me also

  10. #970
    Brewmaster Prozac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gnumregan
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by panthro7 View Post
    Hey thanks for the reply, ive been reading up more on reforging and im going to sort that when i get back in from work, gona try a new trinket out instead of the hit one i have as i should be able to get the hit cap with the new MH i got from FL last night. The character is less than a month old hence the low profs, i really dont get much time to play outside of raids .

    Regarding DI i usually put that on the Boomkin in the raid, altho it will be on the Spriest we will be using as of next week.

    I started using Haunt on CD as of last night as i read somewhere else thats what i should be doing. Always fully raid buffed, food flask etc, still not using pots on pre-pull and during encounter.

    I seem to sit on about 14k dps on every encounter i do, spcifically in Firelands altho on a couple of the big trash mobs i managed to hit 19k and i was doing nothing different than what i was doing on the boss encounters when i was able to stand and nuke.

    Trying Gate Keeper w/e he is called 2nite so hopefully i will be able to hit 19k+ on that after ive reforged my gear. The logs will be uploaded on WoL after the raid so i will re-post that if im still unsatisfied.

    Thanks again for the reply
    Eventho prepotting is quite essential, the DPS difference throughout a whole fight will be small, apart from Majordomo (since there the nuke in the start you get is.... insane.)

    I happily await more logs of your Baleroc kill/tries, and see what more I can do if your DPS is still low.

    Never give up!

    Quote Originally Posted by buckoo View Post
    any help i can get would be nice, i feel like my dps is lower then what it should be

    i beleive i have my gear reforged, enchanted, gemmed right

    my only other option is i am doing my rotation wrong

    i start off using DS>rune> CoE>haunt>UA>corr>BoD> shadowbolt

    it wont let me post any kind of links, images, until i have posted a few times

    normal baleroc, i did 26464.1 dps

    we been working on heroic domo and i have been avg. around 25k to 32k dps which seems kinda low to me also
    Post links; You can fix a link by removing http://www. - part.

    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Thank you, I swapped from t11-t12 legs and lost butt tons of hit I had to get back, i was sitting at just at the 1993 point before that and the haste enchant on wrists was to get there.

    Is there a way to link the results page? My extent of Simcraft knowledge is I put my dude in and hit sim and it tells me I suck.
    I'll have to be honest with you; I've got no clue about that part of Sim either. ;-) I can look closer into your char once I get home.. which will be.. tomorrow. :<

    ______________________________________________

    EDIT: @Calsifer,

    If your DPS keeps being low, it might be time to check out other speccs, such as Destruction or Demonology. Both are lower DPS speccs but, when you can't keep up with Affliction's playstyle (which I honestly can understand), you really might just try Demo first, then destruction. If you have a small ammount of time, test it out in heroics (lets say you're off duty on sunday, go get that done). Demonology is/can be fairly easy; the real trick about the specc is knowing when to pop CDs, without that you should still be able to do proper DPS.

    You might also want to check up Xaphire.com, I've made a post about Warlocks in Firelands, an Affliction part will come next reset.
    Last edited by Prozac; 2011-08-05 at 07:59 AM. Reason: @Calsifer

  11. #971
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-lyt2112mzgpqo1cw/dashboard/?s=3230&e=3500

    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w9upzninmkozfnjs/

  12. #972
    Brewmaster Prozac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gnumregan
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by buckoo View Post
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-lyt2112mzgpqo1cw/dashboard/?s=3230&e=3500

    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w9upzninmkozfnjs/
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uckoo/advanced
    Reforge the wand properly, aswell as the cloak. I'm guessing you forgot when swapping of Demonology, then your gear is set.

    Seeing your stats on Baleroc, the uptime of your bane is close-to-rediculously low. I'd also keep up Bane of Doom instead. Haunt same story, keep it on CD, see your dps go boom.

    That's all.

  13. #973
    Quote Originally Posted by buckoo View Post
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-lyt2112mzgpqo1cw/dashboard/?s=3230&e=3500

    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w9upzninmkozfnjs/
    I'm noticing low uptime of Haunt. Haunt is your highest priority spell and should be cast as soon as it's off cooldown.

    On Baleroc you used BoA instead of BoD. Your spriest died early, so you lost DI, you should have recast this either on him if he had been ressed or on your second best target.

    On Majordomo I see your uptime on dots is lower, remember to use fel flame when moving to ensure that UA won't drop off. Ideally your melee and hunters should be able to handle the adds, because of ramp up time you can't really do any decent damage to them.

  14. #974
    reforge the wand and cloak to crit?

    and yea i switched to doom this week after baleroc

  15. #975
    You don't need to reforge every item, items with good itemization (haste/hit) should be left alone.

    Edit: Several things can be done with your reforging:
    Cloak - remove reforge
    Bracers - mastery -> haste
    Second ring - crit -> hit
    Legs - mastery -> hit
    Belt - mastery -> hit
    Wand - remove reforge
    Last edited by Khadjid; 2011-08-05 at 08:45 AM.

  16. #976
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gilneas/Buckoo/simple


    i think thats right, not sure but in game is shows me hit cap, but on website it shows me am not so not sure

  17. #977
    You're probably looking at your ranged or melee stats in game.

  18. #978
    Brewmaster Prozac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gnumregan
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by buckoo View Post
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gilneas/Buckoo/simple


    i think thats right, not sure but in game is shows me hit cap, but on website it shows me am not so not sure
    Always watch /advanced (You can click it right top, or simply add it in the URL), that way you can see your reforges easier (I also suggested it, but meh.. still not ingame). Armory didn't update yet (relog should do that trick),

  19. #979
    yea i did relog, still didnt fix it, but in game i am hit capped, 17.09%

  20. #980
    Brewmaster Prozac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gnumregan
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by buckoo View Post
    yea i did relog, still didnt fix it, but in game i am hit capped, 17.09%
    At the SPELLS-part, yes? Not the ranged as said before.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •