Quote Originally Posted by kargar View Post
    Just wondering if yous multi dot or focus 1 add at a time as im finding sometimes they die 2 fast and only get a few ticks off. was also wondering if its possible for a lock to go up top or do we lack the burst for her up there?.
    As Affliction i Multi-dot, but i also raid 25mans where things die a little slower.

For you as demo in 10 man, i would suggest just single target focusing if you are having issues.

Yes, You can do decent damage up top
    Cyner#1996

Deleted
    Hello, i recently changed some pieces and i scaled down with haste, the problem is ( as affliction spec) my dps runs down, i do like 21k in fl 10 man, without using any cd, but whit my equip i fell like i should do more, if anyone got tips on what i should change it would be appreciated

armory : eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/runetotem/Caledorn/advanced
    Last edited by mmocad524e005d; 2011-10-06 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elianto View Post
    Hello, i recently changed some pieces and i scaled down with haste, the problem is ( as affliction spec) my dps runs down, i do like 21k in fl 10 man, without using any cd, but whit my equip i fell like i should do more, if anyone got tips on what i should change it would be appreciated

armory : eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/runetotem/Caledorn/advanced
    Pure int gem in belt, will put you near enough on hit cap. Don't be afraid to be a bit below 17%, it's not a major issue.
    Revered with Avengers - Buy Rune of Zeth and use instead of Necromantic Focus, reforge crit to haste.
    Change reforge on legs/shoulders. Stat priority (disregarding int and hit) is haste -> crit -> mastery. Crit affects all of your damage, mastery does not.
    Any sockets offering 10 int bonus should be ignored and gemmed with pure intellect.
    Buy VP ring when you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever comments made, should only be based off Baleroc, seeing as that's the only fight I was somewhat happy with my dps.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fzvgxhafbaph1kep/details/17/?s=7280&e=7623
    I
    've recently rerolled warlock, (dinged like, what 3 resets ago?), and I'm looking for any kind of pointers the community may have regarding my dps, as I feel my dps is lower than what I would have liked myself.
    A little info, and mistakes I've noticed myself. DI on a shadowpriest. I've only used springs twice in a 5:42 kill. But anything asides that, would be gladly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Samic View Post
    Whatever comments made, should only be based off Baleroc, seeing as that's the only fight I was somewhat happy with my dps.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fzvgxhafbaph1kep/details/17/?s=7280&e=7623
    I
    've recently rerolled warlock, (dinged like, what 3 resets ago?), and I'm looking for any kind of pointers the community may have regarding my dps, as I feel my dps is lower than what I would have liked myself.
    A little info, and mistakes I've noticed myself. DI on a shadowpriest. I've only used springs twice in a 5:42 kill. But anything asides that, would be gladly appreciated.
    Here is your answer

Unstable Affliction 19 318.8 92.7 % #
    Haunt 22 254.3 73.9 %
    Cyner#1996

10+ Year Old Account
    @cyner, can somewhat like, 5% UA, and 10% haunt uptime really account for 5k dps?
    I've seen different suggestions as for this, and I'm looking for a somewhat answer.
    I heard demon soul only accounts for new debuffs, say dots are up on x. DS used. Does the damage buff gets added to the already existing dots, or is a total refresh required?.

Quote Originally Posted by Samic View Post
    @cyner, can somewhat like, 5% UA, and 10% haunt uptime really account for 5k dps?
    I've seen different suggestions as for this, and I'm looking for a somewhat answer.
    I heard demon soul only accounts for new debuffs, say dots are up on x. DS used. Does the damage buff gets added to the already existing dots, or is a total refresh required?.
    I would say being about 6% under the haste cap with your low dot uptime is accounting for your poor showing in numbers - I believe DS gets added to any dots ticking forward from when you apply it, The only thing i usually do is throw another bod up.

Edit: Oops - herp goblin so about 5% under the haste cap
    Cyner#1996

Full DoT refresh required for buffs on you (DS, trinket procs, etc). DoTs update per tick with debuffs on the boss (Haunt, CoE, etc).

An 84% Haunt uptime (your 74% + 10% theoretical improvement) is still less than ideal and yes, it can account for a dps difference of up to 5k depending on the fight. Aim to keep it over 90%.
    Last edited by treacherer; 2011-10-07 at 07:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it safe to assume a opener like SB -> DS -> BoD -> Corruption -> UA is the best option, as for getting DS used as soon as possible, seeing as both PT and VD is safe to proc within those?

When I play Afflic I'll open with (prepot) SB > CoE > Haunt > [Cooldowns] > UA > Corr > BoA/BoD

I haven't researched Afflic play as extensively as Demo so I don't know how optimal this opener actually is. Basically, my thoughts are to get all the debuffs on the boss then blow cooldowns to start my rotation with super buff DoTs.

Quote Originally Posted by treacherer View Post
    When I play Afflic I'll open with (prepot) SB > CoE > Haunt > [Cooldowns] > UA > Corr > BoA/BoD

I haven't researched Afflic play as extensively as Demo so I don't know how optimal this opener actually is. Basically, my thoughts are to get all the debuffs on the boss then blow cooldowns to start my rotation with super buff DoTs.
    I basically do the same, i usually throw Haunt towards the beginning also because of the horrible fly time on some bosses.
    Cyner#1996

Please help! i'm an Afflic lock.i'm using the rotation posted in the afflic guide here on MMO I can't figure out what i'm doing wrong. here is world of logs from my guild. I am Starçhild on the list my guild is Amaranth Knights on Eldre'Thalas also you can look up Starçhild on armory any advice would be appreciated! sry I couldn't post links! got an error message!

Heya.

This isn't a fix my DPS post in the normal sense, I suppose. I'm still gearing and doing heroics, getting used to things. Basically, until I get a set that I see as final, or very close to final from heroics, I haven't bothered enchanting anything. My armory profile is this: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Tethia/simple

What I'm asking should be relatively simple. Which is better for single-target DPS, Affliction or Demonology?

I was under the impression that it was Affliction, and I like playing Affliction, but then I read about Demonology on ElitistJerks, and that it is supposedly higher DPS than Affliction. Simulationcraft makes it look like the gap is only going to get bigger in the next patch. So which is better? I have both a Demonology and Affliction PvE spec on the character, and tried playing Demonology for a few heroics, as well as some dummy practice. On the dummy, I had about the same numbers as Affliction (Maybe a bit higher, but it's hard to say since the tests are only 5 minutes ish, so vary with luck on crits and stuff), while it seemed overall -lower- in a real life situation in a heroic, on a boss. Obviously some AoE situations where Metamorphosis was up were vastly better, but still not to an incredible point, it seemed, over Seed of Corruption spam.

Also, a side question: I'm not really sure how to play Demonology after Decimation kicks in. Do I just keep all my dots up, use HoG on cooldown but replace all shadowbolt and incinerates with Soul Fire?
    Last edited by Sevyvia; 2011-10-08 at 08:18 AM.

Deleted

Help a fellow warlock out!

So i Have been playing on my alt wlock for a while have decent gear and all but not sure with how my reforge is enchants spec and so on!

Can't post any URl links yet since im anoob and have not posted so much yet.

So serch for "Chízuru" on the eu armory. Copy the name cus its not a normal i.

Give me any sort of advice reguarding my gear, spec geming reforging etc.

Also some advice on Affli rotation.

Cheers beforehand Miidori!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Warlock community. I was hoping you could help me figure out why my DPS is soooo bad, i am having issues across the board. I have checked specs, reforge, rotation (priority) have even tried demo spec (raid as aff) but for the life of me i cannot get over 15k Shannox and 10k Beth. I have run the simcrafts and they say under perfect setup i should get 25k on Shannox style fights and 22k ish on heavy movments and mob fights.

I run Dot timers, Spell flash notifiers, i refresh dots within the last 1-2 ticks (well as far as i can tell) only think i miss is i forget to call my doomguard sometimes.

Here is my Armory and the WoL enteries for this weeks FL attempts. I am sure is it something obvious i am missing. Please help

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zragarn/simple
    Shannox Kill http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xsefdjpl8ufctghi/
    Beth attempts http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kh8rje59rqfudmxr/

Quote Originally Posted by Azragarn View Post
    Hi Warlock community. I was hoping you could help me figure out why my DPS is soooo bad, i am having issues across the board. I have checked specs, reforge, rotation (priority) have even tried demo spec (raid as aff) but for the life of me i cannot get over 15k Shannox and 10k Beth. I have run the simcrafts and they say under perfect setup i should get 25k on Shannox style fights and 22k ish on heavy movments and mob fights.

I run Dot timers, Spell flash notifiers, i refresh dots within the last 1-2 ticks (well as far as i can tell) only think i miss is i forget to call my doomguard sometimes.

Here is my Armory and the WoL enteries for this weeks FL attempts. I am sure is it something obvious i am missing. Please help

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zragarn/simple
    Shannox Kill http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xsefdjpl8ufctghi/
    Beth attempts http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kh8rje59rqfudmxr/
    As with most people your UA/Haunt uptimes are extremely low and in some cases Bane/Corruption as well. You also need to fix your gear. Your bracers should have 50 Int and your boots should have haste or mastery/runspeed. You also are not optimized for haste. Some of your low DPS is coming from your low item level, but even then your not living up to your gears potential because of the low uptimes.

Your Drain Soul uptime is also seems incredibly low but at this point I'd imagine with his nerfed HP normal mode execute phase is really short in 10man so it might be right. Keeping dots on all 3 mobs (while it's solely for meter padding/nightfall procs on heroic) is very beneficial for normal mode helping to kill the boss faster not only increasing your dps but making the fight easier because it's shorter.

Deleted

Helping me improve in firelands!

Hey there guys and girls!, I've browsed these forums as a guest for longer than i can remember but it's only now im making an account and asking for help from fellow warlocks who raid !,

I'd like to ask you to take a look over my armoury, Talents, Logs ect. and see if you could give me some helpful pointers, I feel i need this help because im not doing nearly enough as i should be in my own opinion... And for advice on ragnaros 25 herioc (Im not doing traps at all, But i am dropping my seed outside the rest and porting in to aoe them)

In reference to my question on improving on ragnaros herioc, What kind of gear setup would you go with?, What trinkets? (I was thinking of grabbing sorrowsong to help push for the 1 metor!), Am i just being bad? (Tonight we had a few attempts but i ended the night with around 7k world ms and as such im pretty sucky for them :P)

When should i pop meta after the intro one? i usually pop it when i move out to aoe seeds and bring my guard to storm with mwc up (And before you ask i am pre demoning Guard, cd's, meta, burst and pop storm wait for it to stop storming and soulburn summon my pup).

If you could help improve my performance and give me tips on how gain that little bit more i'd be very grateful !

(Cant post links sorry, And to clarify im seeking help on all boss's am i doing what i should be?)

P.s here are the links!,
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aszune/Di%c3%b8/advanced
    worldoflogs.com/guilds/16881/

P.S.S Im Diø the sexy ass goblin oohhh yeaahhh

Im doing something wrong...(help)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ropis/advanced
    i know the gems and enchants arent all there but im way under hit cap
    this is my first lock so idk how there stats go
    am i supposed to enchant for hit to reach it or is my gear jsut bad?
    im aware i have some healing gear too, would that be why?

Well you wont be raiding in that gear, so just reforge for the Dungeon boss cap. Spam dungeons to get VP/JP and get the gear over a few days... Not much point asking about gearing without actually having it.

Read up on EJ or the guides here, that will give you an idea.

o.O Thread was merged, I got so confused then. >.<
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-10-13 at 04:33 AM.

I have a question regarding Heroic Shannox (10 man) as affliction. Is the only way to get ranked pretty much to multi dot Rageface and Riplimb? In reality Shannox is the only mob that needs to be downed (assuming you aren't breaking Face Rage) so it seems like its padding the meters.