Page 86 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumash View Post
    What exactly is the filler for demonology? He has said he has read that it is ALWAYS incin, but I know i have seen demo locks using sbolt... What is the criteria?
    If you spec 3/31/7 then you should glyph Incinerate over Corruption and use Incinerate over Shadow Bolt due to losing Bane, which reduces your shadow bolt cast time. This is higher DPS on fights where you don't have to cast Immolate more than once, such as Ultraxion, or for that matter, Morchok.

On fights where you have to recast Immolate on adds/boss (Zon'ozz unless you're sitting on boss, Yor'sahj, Hagara since she goes Immune, Warmaster Blackhorn, Madness of Deathwing) the time you lose on your cast time for Immolate isn't worth it.

So you would spec into Bane, out of improved corruption, and hence your shadow bolt would be a better filler due to Bane and hence you'd glyph Corruption over Incinerate.

Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumash View Post
    What exactly is the filler for demonology? He has said he has read that it is ALWAYS incin, but I know i have seen demo locks using sbolt... What is the criteria?
    There are two different specs that are within 1-200 dps of each other single target. One uses incinerate as a filler at the expense of a longer immolate cast time, and the other uses shadow bolt. The incinerate filler is NEVER good for any fight where you have to recast immolate after the initial application (target switching, etc).

edit: gg forums, taking 20 minutes to show new posts for me
    Last edited by gakpad; 2012-03-31 at 07:06 PM.

Deleted
    Hey, atm i got Dw normal staff, and arent hit capped yet, im 5/8hc (only been in the guild for few weeks so gearing slowly) and i was wondering if i should just wait for Lighting rod hc drop, or use my 390 Rathrak together with my 378 Offhand from HoT (Orb of the fist satyrs)

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...jargo/advanced

If theres anything else u notice is wrong please say ;o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siolith View Post
    Hey, atm i got Dw normal staff, and arent hit capped yet, im 5/8hc (only been in the guild for few weeks so gearing slowly) and i was wondering if i should just wait for Lighting rod hc drop, or use my 390 Rathrak together with my 378 Offhand from HoT (Orb of the fist satyrs)

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...jargo/advanced

If theres anything else u notice is wrong please say ;o
    You're using hit to boots and bracers, yet still under hit cap by 1%. Int to bracers is a must, find the hit from your gear by using wowreforge.com

If you're unable to reach hitcap, then right off the bat I'm gonna say the Rath and OH, because the OH can get you more hit. Comparing the two weapon setups alone, ignoring gear, not entirely sure to be honest. Gakpad might step in and give a better answer. If it was normal dagger, I'd say that. But since it's LFR dagger...not too sure. I'd still say that imo.

Deleted
    I have a question regarding Demonology 3/31/7 rotation.

the way ive been doing it now is that i pre pot and then metamorphosis, putting up dots and when my trinket is stacked to 10 i demon soul + blood fury (cause im orc) soulburn felhunter and Doomguard. During this i use the engineering glove enchant + power torent procs so when i got stacked 10+ with trinket i got all the + int for most benefit to doomguard and then i just follow the normal rotation of keeping dots up and reapplying BoD Before meta runs out.

TL : DR Rotation.

Meta- immolation aura (if in melee)-immolate-corruption-Hand of gul'dan-shadowflame (if in melee) - Incinierate until 10 trinket stacks - demon soul + blood fury - soulburn felhound - doomguard - follow normal rotation and refresh bane of doom before meta runs out to keep a constant meta BoD.

Am i doing it right?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    I have a question regarding Demonology 3/31/7 rotation.

the way ive been doing it now is that i pre pot and then metamorphosis, putting up dots and when my trinket is stacked to 10 i demon soul + blood fury (cause im orc) soulburn felhunter and Doomguard. During this i use the engineering glove enchant + power torent procs so when i got stacked 10+ with trinket i got all the + int for most benefit to doomguard and then i just follow the normal rotation of keeping dots up and reapplying BoD Before meta runs out.

TL : DR Rotation.

Meta- immolation aura (if in melee)-immolate-corruption-Hand of gul'dan-shadowflame (if in melee) - Incinierate until 10 trinket stacks - demon soul + blood fury - soulburn felhound - doomguard - follow normal rotation and refresh bane of doom before meta runs out to keep a constant meta BoD.

Am i doing it right?
    Your rotation should be> Prepot>Blood Fury>Soulburn (If you have 4 piece)> Meta > Demon Soul:Felguard> Felstorm> Immolate>Hand of Gul'dan>Corruption>Bane of Doom>Incinerate. Use the still active soulburn buff to bring out your Felhunter. Pop your Immo Aura and Doomguard when you have the absolute most amount of procs up. You want to Demon Soul before you start casting all your DoTs so they gain the benefit from your Felguard's Demon Soul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyllastus View Post
    Your rotation should be> Prepot>Blood Fury>Soulburn (If you have 4 piece)> Meta > Demon Soul:Felguard> Felstorm> Immolate>Hand of Gul'dan>Corruption>Bane of Doom>Incinerate. Use the still active soulburn buff to bring out your Felhunter. Pop your Immo Aura and Doomguard when you have the absolute most amount of procs up. You want to Demon Soul before you start casting all your DoTs so they gain the benefit from your Felguard's Demon Soul.
    Ah yes, Thanks a lot. Hopefully i'll be able to squeeze out a more dps doing it like this.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidPanda View Post
    Still dunno where everybody got this from, it's always been shadow bolt until this tier when somebody simmed the incinerate spec in BIS gear and found it to be a couple hundred DPS increase on stand-still, single target, no mechanic fights. I.e. it's useless on every fight in DS except ultraxion.
    ye, 4% proc. changes everything.

I would like to have some input, I know is late in the game but still would like to improve and stay competitive within my guild at least.

I know the basics of how to read world of logs, so can't get much in depth. I can tell you that I have power auras and use everything once is off cooldown, I do not interrupt a spell cast for anything that may have come off cooldown. I follow the DoT's basic uptime rules, clipping, etc.

Attached is the most recent Ultraxion fight, I simmed myself at 44K... Needless to say I did not hit that mark, all constructive comments/ critiques are welcome.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4345&e=4671

Quote Originally Posted by Calabera View Post
    I would like to have some input, I know is late in the game but still would like to improve and stay competitive within my guild at least.

I know the basics of how to read world of logs, so can't get much in depth. I can tell you that I have power auras and use everything once is off cooldown, I do not interrupt a spell cast for anything that may have come off cooldown. I follow the DoT's basic uptime rules, clipping, etc.

Attached is the most recent Ultraxion fight, I simmed myself at 44K... Needless to say I did not hit that mark, all constructive comments/ critiques are welcome.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4345&e=4671
    Without digging too deep, you are casting too many immolates. My last kill was 8 seconds shorter, but you cast 10 more immolates for identical uptime %. You are not Conflag-ing enough - only 28, when the time allows for something on the order of 34. You can probably fit in 2-3 more Shadowflames as well.

What are you using for your Heroic Will macro? I don't see any Fel Flame casts.

Finally, the rest of it, I suspect, is just timing and making the most of your procs. Things like - don't clip your first Bane because it has all your buffs, or making sure that you Soulburn before Immolate if you can, or getting 2 Conflags out of every boosted Immolate before reapplying.

Hey Guys,

Here is my toon:

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Yayorelay/advanced

Here is last night's log:

worldoflogs.com/reports/5uflv7y4o9mvulzo/

**I can't post links**

I just did a quick breakdown of my totals against the average dps totals on world of logs for warlock and I can see there is a pretty large margin I need to improve.

I am very late in the game to have switched to this warlock so I am behind in his progression and his gear. I have been tweaking him as much as I can to squeeze out of him what I can but if there are any telling areas of weakness you can see in the log please let me know.

After swapping my shoulders last night for my Demo set I dipped below the 1993 Haste point so since my Demo and Aff sets's share several pieces I am thinking in regard to gemming I can swap my +25intel/+25mast gems for +25intel/+25haste and bring the demo set to just above 2k haste and add another +100 haste to my affliction set.

I am also currently grinding the molten front dailies so I should be able to get a MWC by possibly the next reset; this I will replace my DMC:V with.

I wouldn't pick this log as one of my best outtings at all as a few times I got distracted and messed up my priorities but that much is on me to fix for the next time.

One of my other struggles is getting affliction rolling on Maddness, I just can't seem to get the numbers that I should be doing on maddness. I must be doing something very wrong on it. I normally pull just shy of 50k in my demo spec on it but with the buffs affliction gets on this fight I would love to be able to take advantage of it. Any tips on priorities or advice for maddness would be appreciated.

As well I noticed just above the mention of the Heroic Will macro for fel flame; if I macro into my Heroic will button to cast fel flame as I hit it will this not effect the gcd and allow me to extend my dots as I get out of the shadow realm?

Thanks

Hey wassup fellow locks.
    Im Madmoos
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dmoos/advanced
    I would like to know if anybody had some tips for madness heroic.
    Guild has it on farm but im new and for my 1st kill i did low (really bad).
    I was obviously afflic and i had glyph of corrup, haunt and boa (removeed UA cuz ioften find myself below gcd)
    I tried to maximize my spellweave but its still low. What i do is UA them all then soulburn soc and shadowflame when parasite spawns.
    Problem is by the time i rof, they are almost dead -_- so really low spellweave
    Here is the log
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1995&e=2878
    Thanks

soulburn: soc first. then shadowflame, then RoF.

If you can UA the regenerative bloods and not kill them before the parasite spawns, do that. Otherwise just do the three in that order.

For congealing bloods you won't have time to UA them so again use the three in that order. Make sure to save your soulburn for all 3 waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Inactivity View Post
    soulburn: soc first. then shadowflame, then RoF.

If you can UA the regenerative bloods and not kill them before the parasite spawns, do that. Otherwise just do the three in that order.

For congealing bloods you won't have time to UA them so again use the three in that order. Make sure to save your soulburn for all 3 waves.
    I will try that. Thanks

Deleted
    Hey!
    Im playing demo, with inc spec(probably gonna change back to sb spec)
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Vexina/advanced
    I do like 37k dps on Ultraxion, and i wanna know if i could improve that. I cant link a world of log untill next week raid, since our guild is new and i just created a guild on WoL today. But my rotation is like(its 10m raid btw).
    CoE, MWC, Pot, felstorm, immo, Corr, BoD, meta,immo aura(if melee range), demon soul, soulburn felhunter, and here the power torrent used to proc so im popping doomguard while power torrent is up + volcanic potion, HoG, shadowflame(if in melee range), then spam inc.
    Im trying to refresh corr, at 1½ sec or less same with BoD, and i let HoG refresh immo.
    I have tried simulationcraft, but im kinda lost in that program, i can see that my dps would be 43k? dont know, lol

Hope you can help me, i would be glad if you could!
    Last edited by mmoc842c9e25f2; 2012-04-09 at 01:35 AM.

1) Use Cunning of the Cruel + Moonwell Chalice
    2) Since you are not using MWC and are using CotC, haste is a more valuable stat to invest in. I would go with at least 1993 haste and perhaps even more, to create more impending doom procs. I've had REALLY lucky runs where I literally get 2 metas in before Demon Soul comes off CD.

3) Pre-Pot + CoE if you have to, then use all cooldowns, immolation aura, soulburn: felhunter, and you should now have Metamorphosis, Temporal Ruin, Power Torrent, and a healthy amount of Combat Mind stacks all up. Pop Doomguard before Meta, Temporal Ruin, or Power Torrent expire, but try to hold off as long as possible. When the first of those three buffs (most likely Temporal Ruin) is at 2.5-ish seconds left, use Bane of Doom to get a last Combat Mind stack followed by Doomguard.

Then proceed with normal rotation. Let the first Bane of Doom fall off before re-applying it. And try not to clip your DoTs as much as possible, you want to get in as much filler as you can to get as many Metamorphosis ID procs as you can. HoG and Shadowflame off CD. Good luck!

Deleted
    atm im using WoU + MWC. I just logged out with the wrong trinkets, but thanks for your help!

WoU + CotC is better than MWC. So use those two instead.

In other words, don't use MWC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um. Any posters here seeking help that haven't received an answer yet? I see some new ones and some replies (but less than the number of new ones), just not sure which replies to to where exactly. Just say me! or something, no need to repost your original post, I can find it.