Page 9 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: The "Fix My DPS" Thread (Read first post before posting)

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    You did really good on the dummy. The only thing you can improve is your gear. If you think 3700 is low, you're right, but thats how warlocks are at the moment. 3700 dps x 1.6 (raid buffs) = ~6000 dps, which is what I would expect in your gear (I'm slightly higher and average 6500)

1) Cardinal Rubies - yes, 4 spell power is worth it.
    2) Blue Sockets with a +5 Spell Power - put Purified Dreadstones in here. Spirit + Spell Power + 5 SP Socket Bonus > 23 Spell Power
    3) Drop mining for jewelcrafting or enchanting
    atm have mining because this is my alt and have been working on getting all epic gems. i may eventually change it to another profession. what about boot enchant is +spirit>ice walker?

15+ Year Old Account

Tuskar is the enchant I'd recommend. Spirit is not sufficient to warrant purchase, and Icewalker is really only useful for the crit, as you tend to hit cap without it.

Thus movement speed translates directly into a better experience, as moving faster in raids AND dalaran is always a plus.

R.I.P. YARG

Hello and welcome to another post in "Fix my DPS thread"

I've recently rerolled my warlock and I've had about 3 weeks of raiding with him. I've never raided with him before and I feel that I'm not doing enough DPS for my gear. I feel that my gear is OK apart from being a tad under hit cap (I always run with SP/moonkin and draeni). I know I've only got rare gems in my belt but I see them as placeholders until I can up my hit without geming for it.

Here's a parse from our normal totc 25 kill yesterday. Gear is the same that is on the armory right now.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...?s=1686&e=1871

Am I doing enough casts for the fight? (Incinnerates, chaos bolts and conflags)
    Is my DPS what I should be able to do?

I'm Gameleon the warlock in there btw

Edit: I managed to get a hold of a trophy yesterday. What piece should I buy, the chest or the head?

I once drank a lava lamp.... It wasn't lava

Raid dummy doesn't equal a raid boss. Fully buffed up and flasked you should hit 6k no problems.
    I participated in the legendary Chex thread

:>

Well on my lock i don t use the glyph of life tap...
    i pref the glyph of imp and i reach 5k in raid without flask (the imp is the 10% of my dmg)
    anyways....
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldeshlong
    Raid dummy doesn't equal a raid boss. Fully buffed up and flasked you should hit 6k no problems.
    this.
    Click Here Please ^^
    --> http://s1.gladiatus.it/game/c.php?uid=116429 <--

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Murre
    Hello and welcome to another post in "Fix my DPS thread"

I've recently rerolled my warlock and I've had about 3 weeks of raiding with him. I've never raided with him before and I feel that I'm not doing enough DPS for my gear. I feel that my gear is OK apart from being a tad under hit cap (I always run with SP/moonkin and draeni). I know I've only got rare gems in my belt but I see them as placeholders until I can up my hit without geming for it.

Here's a parse from our normal totc 25 kill yesterday. Gear is the same that is on the armory right now.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...?s=1686&e=1871

Am I doing enough casts for the fight? (Incinnerates, chaos bolts and conflags)
    Is my DPS what I should be able to do?

I'm Gameleon the warlock in there btw

Edit: I managed to get a hold of a trophy yesterday. What piece should I buy, the chest or the head?
    Head. Your damage is where I would expect it to be. You should be able to work in 2-3 more Conflagrates/Chaos Bolts, and work on your Immolate clipping - you clipped about 12 times, which is two full immolates (the equivelent of standing there for 3 seconds instead of casting). It's not a lot of dps for you to gain, but it is enough to be noticeable. I'd say you should be about 300 more than you are.

Your hunters and shamans need to step up their game substantially. There is no reason for them to be this low. Have them head over to wowmeteronline.com and compare against other players of the same spec. What they need to look for is frequency of hits, what they cast, etc. Not how hard these comparisons hit - they will of course hit harder, they have the best gear available. However, it will show them things that they may not have thought of before. For example, your Enhancement Shaman does not weave Flame Shock with Earth Shock - a dps increase, nor did he use Spirit Wolves or Fire Elemental at any point. Lastly he did not use Lightning Shield, which is also a dps increase through the talent "Static Shock"

Quote Originally Posted by azuraji
    Hello, I really would like to fix my DPS, for some reason it has always been low.

Today I got 5x new pieces of ilvl 245 items (4 tier 9.6 with bonus); I tested on the Heroic Dummy and got at an average 4500 dps.

I'm using Grand Spellstone enchant and Fel Armor.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...7gall&n=Kedrak

What might be wrong? I know I've got a bit too much hit (16.69%) but nothing i can fix atm.

Rotation: CoE/CoD -> Immo -> CB -> Conflag -> Incin -> Incin; rinse & repeat.

What must I do to reach 6k/7k? I've never been at those heights.
    You're fine. Take your RAID BOSS TARGET DUMMY numbers and multiply by 1.6, providing there are no debuffs on it. If you cast COD, your raid dps should be: 4500 x 1.6 = 7200
    But I suspect you cast COE, so your raid dps should be: 4500 / 1.13 x 1.6 = 6371

This is easily achievable if you pay attention to your buttons and waste as little time as possible.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by azuraji
    Hello, I really would like to fix my DPS, for some reason it has always been low.
    The only thing that I can think of is to reconsider 2 of your glyphs:

The chest: put in 1x [23SP] and 1x [12SP+12Spirit], because it results in (only Fel Armor up):
    23SP + 12SP + 4SP(from Spirit) + 7 SP (socket bonus) = 46SP unbuffed (and profiting more from it buffed than pure SP)
    It also provides one of the 2 blue stones needed for the meta.

The head: put in 1x [23SP] instead of the violet one.
    Having changed the one in the chest, you still have the 2 blue stones (the other one is in your bracers) for the meta and not "waste" the red socket with a violet stone.
    This results in 23SP - 12SP + 4SP(from Spirit) = +7 SP (with Fel Armor and nothing else up). Completely buffed the increase will be less, but it will still be an increase.

I know it is only a tiny thing, because the overall result is only 7 Spellpower gained, but if this is (kind of) your endgame gear (at least until the next patch), you might consider doing it, nevertheless.

And get another wand...I thought the stuff out of Naxxramas would have gone to dust by now There's a ... let's call it decent one from the triumph emblems (only 25).

Again, it's not a big change in DPS, but other than that, you are absolutely good to go.

I've always played as destro but since the simulationcrafts for 3.3 came out, I started to get more interested in affliction. I checked a couple of topics here and there and started practicing with affli as my offspec. I've already gone thru a couple of farm raids with this so it is not my very first attempt to make damage with this spec.

anyway, here is a log from heroic training dummy which I made over 1M damage performance. I started it before combat and stopped after the last dot ticked off after reaching 1M dmg. I'd like to know if I'm on the right track with this spec. I'm 100% sure I didn't clip a single dot and I don't remember being idle for more than 1s total during the "fight", apart from the ending where I just stopped and let the dots tick off. is the uptime ok? are there any obvious issues I should be worried about? anything?

apparently, WMO does not include succubus, thus the dps is lower (my Skada showed 4400dps after the combat ended).

here is the log: http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...5512#damageout

here is my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hul&n=Weipnezz

thanks in advance, any replies will be highly appreciated 8-)

Hello, long time lurker, decided to finally register in hopes I could get a little help with the way I'm doing things. I'm a destro lock pulling incredibly low numbers in raids, and I'm completley lost as to why this is happening. I'll usually start off with a CoE, and Corrupt. If there's two targets CoE/Corrupt main target, and CoD/corrupt the second target. From there I'll try and keep Immolate and corrupt up as much as possible, and I make sure I'm never clipping any DoTs. After Immolate is up, I'll burn conflag, and use chaos bolt. After that I just spam until Conflag, or Chaos bolt is ready, then rinse and repeat. I'll use Firestone, and Fel Armor, with my imp. To better clarify how encounters usually go with me, I recorded a video of me going to a million damage on a test dummy. What's really strange though is, my DPS is almost exactly the same on this dummy, self buffed, as it is in raids.

here's the video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddbz0ldZ7p8

Heres the recount chart afterwards.

and last but not least, my armory.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...olck&gn=Sports

Thanks in advance to anybody that tries to help me out, I appreciate it greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by chorx
    and last but not least, my armory.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...olck&gn=Sports

Thanks in advance to anybody that tries to help me out, I appreciate it greatly.
    For starters, drop the Imp and Immo glyphs for the LT and Incinerate ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by blargh312
    For starters, drop the Imp and Immo glyphs for the LT and Incinerate ones.
    So, with glyph of life tap, would I start encounters with life tap, and just keep that proc up any time it goes down?

Quote Originally Posted by Deedub
    Rhada tip is indeed good, i used it for abit but leave it disabled at the moment as it send my framerate through the floor when ever i highlight an item.
    Can you try version 3.0 and tell me if you still have any fps issue with it?
    Author of the gear/gem optimizer addon RhadaTip (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/rhadatip-dps-tooltip.aspx)

Quote Originally Posted by Norome
    Apparently, WMO does not include succubus, thus the dps is lower (my Skada showed 4400dps after the combat ended).
    Attention Help-Seeker (Norome): I have no real answer to your problem, so if you don't like someone babbling endlessly without a real point, just skip this one!

The Succubus is (unbuffed) worth about 300-400 DPS (otherwise, I will have to enslave a new one, seeing that mine apparently doesn't whip hard enough). So, there is still a big difference from the 3750 DPS and the 4400. Or am I getting something wrong (which is not improbabale)?

Unfortunately, your Armorylink updates itself quite quickly, therefore (at least when I checked) you were 1. demonology and 2. destruction, so there was no chance of seeing your talent build (+ glyphs) or equipment.

I suggest you import your character onto some profile thingy (wow-heoes, wowhead, or whatever) or just write your build and glyphs here(and say whether your equipment changes in any respect from what is now in the armory).

Maybe some of the theorycrafting masters here can tell you how exactly you are doing, but I personally run the same dps as Affliction with slightly worse gear...Doesn't mean that you're doing bad or that I am God, just as a side note.

I could perhaps tell you something if you could show me how you actually perform (video). I did that a lot with my fellow locks in my raid (but I must be a crappy teacher since they didn't get it at all ).

So, with glyph of life tap, would I start encounters with life tap, and just keep that proc up any time it goes down?
    Essentially, yes.

Some other things I realized while watching you burn the hell out of that dummy:
    1. Corruption: Skip the corruption during the fight. You should only use it if you have to move during the fight, because it's a DPS-loss-preventer (casting an instant spell is better than doing nothing while moving ).

2. Curse of Elements (CoE): Are you the only warlock in your raid and is there no Boomkin / Unholy DK?
    a) No other warlocks or boomkins or dks (unholy): Stick to Curse of Elements.
    b) Another warlock, but no boomkin / dk(unholy)
    b1) Other warlock is demo: negotiate with him who has to place CoE (however, he will benefit more from Curse of Agony/Doom than you will due to procs etc)
    b2) Other warlock is destro: negotiate
    b3) other warlock is affli: you place CoE
    c) (who cares about other locks) Boomkin and/or DK (unholy): they have passive abilities that do the same as CoE, so cast CoD instead (or, if the boss won't live another minute: CoA)

3. Mana management: Try to lifetap more often during the fight (one: because of the glyph; two: because of mana management).
    If you burn all your mana right from the beginning, but have to pause for (exaggerating) 30 Seconds to lifetap your mana up again, that's not such a good idea. It seems like you are not aware of your mana shortage at times and keep on hammering on the keys although there is no mana left to cast. Try to keep an eye on your mana (combat texts yell at you when you are low on mana).

4. Cooldowns: It is important for you to watch your cooldowns (conflagrate and chaos bolt). Try to adjust your playing so you use them more often instead of another incinerate. That's what you have your cooldown timer for (I'd remove the getting faster at the end for better timing. If you are, however, used to it, keep it). You could have gotten both more chaos bolts and conflagrates out (judging from the video, not the statistics).

5. Immolate: Try to keep immolate up at all times without skipping it. That is, of course, a hard job to do and it takes practise, but if you do this right, you will deal way more damage.
    I see you have a timer for your DoTs, so this is not as hard as without a timer. Try to cast your immolate so that the last tick occurs at the moment you apply the new immolate (or at least shortly after that). Again, not easy.
    But I have seen you cast another incinerate instead of immolate when the current immolate is dropping off (or was off at that time which happened once, I think).

6. Glyphs: Incinerate, Conflagrate, Life Tap (has already been mentioned).

7. Enchantments: Get:
    a) shoulder enchant (Hodir reputation or at least the one from Lake Wintergrasp)
    b) back enchant (since you are a tailor, get your lightweave thingy)
    c) gloves: 28 Spell Power

8. Jewels: Your socketing is - pardon me - complete sh**.
    If you have problems with hit, hit gems are alright. What is a complete "no-go", however, is gemming intelligence as a warlock.
    What you gem is:
    a) 23 Spellpower (in all red slots - where possible - and every other spot where the socket bonus doesn't pay off)
    b) 12 Spellpower + 10 Tempo (in all yellow slots where profitable)
    c) 12 Spellpower + 10 Spirit (in blue slots where profitable and elsewhere if necessary).
    --> Profitable socket boni are in your case:
    1) head: +8 crit (because the socket is red anyway)
    2) shoulders: +5 SP (you have the bonus, but I'd recommend to change the gem (to above mentioned) b)
    3) chest: +7 SP (re-gem that one completely)
    4) legs: +7 SP (you have that one, but the socket might need revision)
    The rest of your boni are not really important, but if it fits in (you need more hit in your boots, gem an orange/yellow stone in there, bonus achieved) it is perfectly alright.
    Side note: you need two blue (in your case violet c) ) to get your meta working (keep that in mind when re-gemming).

9. Hit: I assume you haven't any hit problems (see http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_hit if you are confused about Hit), but let me mention two cenarios:
    a) you have no Boomkin (with 'Improved Fearie Fire') or a Shadow Priest (with 'Misery') in your raid at all times: your Hit is quite alright
    b) you have either a Boomkin or Shadow Priest (or both) in your raid at all times: you have to much hit.
    Generally, you shouldn't have to socket Hit at all at an average itemlvl of 220+. Maybe revise your gear to get some other pieces of equipment (gloves: T9 for example).

So, as you see, it is basically your awareness you have to train (and some revisiting of your gear, but that's the smaller part). Be aware of cooldowns, of mana, of DoTs, and, most importantly, of your environment.

I think it is just a matter of practise to get you to a better place.

Interesting thread, I guess I give it a go too. I raid with guild 99% of the time, hence I don't have anyone to compare my perfomance with except just one other solid raiding lock. What do you guys think? My details are as follows:

Profile (yes I raid 25s in affliction spec, destro for 10s).
    WMO reports.
    Latency: around 225 ms.
    FPS in 25s raid: 20.

Thanks for that man, it really helps. So, if I go on to replace the Immolate glyph with LT, and my conflags start burning my immolate up, when would I be recasting immolate, immediately?

15+ Year Old Account

@Chorx - You're doing it right, but for some reason your Incinerate % of damage done is very low and conflag very high. Are you trying not to clip Conflag's cooldown, maximizing its uptime? If so, don't. The loss of 1-1.5 seconds from just standing there is much much greater than getting conflag every 10 seconds exactly. Also, stop casting Corruption unless you're moving.

@Erasm - You're doing it right as well, as well as can be expected anyways. You and your raid would be better served casting two shadow bolts at the adds to get the 5% crit buff up. Don't rain of fire - just corruption each of them once then go back to the boss. Corruption and Seed both have a 4 mob limit - there must be 4 mobs present in order for seed/rof damage to equal single target damage.
    Other than that, near-perfect on UA/COA uptime, given the circumstances. Try not to die on Emalon ^^

R.I.P. YARG

Thanks for that man, it really helps. So, if I go on to replace the Immolate glyph with LT, and my conflags start burning my immolate up, when would I be recasting immolate, immediately?
    I'm not sure I'm getting you here, but I'll try to explain it in further detail (if that's not what you wanted to know, just beat me with a stick...maybe that'll clear my head )

The 'Glyph Immolate' increases the periodic damage of your 'Immolate' by 10%.

That, of course, results in higher damage per tick of 'Immolate', as well as higher 'Conflagrate' damage.
    This plus in damage, however, has proven to be less of a benefit compared to 'Glyph Life Tap' which provides more damage for all of your spells (given you refresh the buff glyph effect at least every 40 sec).

The glyph that prevents your 'Conflagrate' from "burning up" (here's the part I'm not sure I understand you: Do you mean it consumes 'Immolate' or do you mean it converts 'Immolate's periodic damage into a blast of direct damage?) is the 'Glyph of Conflagrate'.

So you don't have to re-apply 'Immolate' after every 'Conflagrate'.

This results in something like:

Immolate > Chaosbolt > Conflagrate > CoD > Incinerate > Incinerate > ... > Conflagrate > Immolate > ...

It's much speculated how to begin your fight as destro, so I won't go into detail here and will gladly accept alternative rotation beginnings. The important point is that when 'Conflagrate' is ready once again (after having cast it at the beginning) your 'Immolate' will be ticking off the mob within little time.

But this is one of the rare occasions where you have to re-apply 'Immolate' right or at least quite quickly after 'Conflagrate' and that is only because 'Immolate' has less than 1 second time until the last tick occurs (I'm not too sure about the exact timing, though, since I normally play demo or affliction) and therefore needs refreshment.

I hope that was somehow clear enough...I'm confused by myself at the moment...

I'm sorry I was under the impression that the glyph I was replacing was the one that means immolate wouldn't consume the debuff. I understand now, it was just a mixup.

15+ Year Old Account

He was getting Glyph of Immolate and Glyph of Conflagrate confused. It's solved now.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by BartolGdH
    Attention Help-Seeker (Norome): I have no real answer to your problem, so if you don't like someone babbling endlessly without a real point, just skip this one!

The Succubus is (unbuffed) worth about 300-400 DPS (otherwise, I will have to enslave a new one, seeing that mine apparently doesn't whip hard enough). So, there is still a big difference from the 3750 DPS and the 4400. Or am I getting something wrong (which is not improbabale)?

Unfortunately, your Armorylink updates itself quite quickly, therefore (at least when I checked) you were 1. demonology and 2. destruction, so there was no chance of seeing your talent build (+ glyphs) or equipment.

I suggest you import your character onto some profile thingy (wow-heoes, wowhead, or whatever) or just write your build and glyphs here(and say whether your equipment changes in any respect from what is now in the armory).

Maybe some of the theorycrafting masters here can tell you how exactly you are doing, but I personally run the same dps as Affliction with slightly worse gear...Doesn't mean that you're doing bad or that I am God, just as a side note.

I could perhaps tell you something if you could show me how you actually perform (video). I did that a lot with my fellow locks in my raid (but I must be a crappy teacher since they didn't get it at all ).
    babbling reply is still better than no reply, so thank you for yours

anyway, I dont know why the WMO shows lower dps than my damage meter (skada). I just mentioned both numbers just to not skip any possibly useful information for dealing with my "problem".

as for my affli build, I was using fairly standard build with 2 talents in Demonic Power, the exact same equipment I have on armory right now, glyphed for Haunt, CoA and Life Tap, using Spellstone. hope that helps