Page 96 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hi all,

I am finding my DPS relatively low as Affliction for the first two bosses of HoF .
    First one we got a kill, and second one is just wipe parses.

I'd love to get a different PoV on this, thanks.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-96q8hsj227pgzrse/

Eiffel

Edit: I died on the kill, bout mid fight, so that's to discount. After the kill, i got the epic ring, and reforged to the lower haste cap (4198) and then full mastery. I also reduced my hit, but my misses aren't many. Seems DPS dipped despite SimC notin an increase, so i'm wondering if theres anything i missed during the fight.

My dot uptime seems a bit low, but i am taking this is because we were wiping etc as i don't usually let dots fall off. Unless problems with unforseen strike for exampe
    Last edited by mmoc8ee790e781; 2012-11-02 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    Hi all,

I am finding my DPS relatively low as Affliction for the first two bosses of HoF .
    First one we got a kill, and second one is just wipe parses.

I'd love to get a different PoV on this, thanks.
    Eiffel
    I could not look up your armory, but biggest thing I notice is that during Lust/hero/tw on your Imperial Viser kill your dps dropped way low for some reason. I am not sure what happened during that period. Did you sacrifice your pet again after you died/ask for re-buff?

Regem your yellow slots to +320 mastery, reforge your +hit to haste, not as you have it now as haste to mastery.

Just a few recommendations.

Hi all,

My guild is stuck ending it's second week of progression on Elegon without a kill. The last attempt we had on him was the furthest we saw on the fight and then died to berserk. Is there anything I can do better to squeeze out more dps to get a kill?

This is the last attempt, probably the one I felt I pushed the hardest.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...=10381&e=10957

My armory is in my sig. I am pretty new to lock (played a shammy as main last xpac and RAF granted lvls to my lock to 80 right before MoP hit) so if there's a terrible bad habit I'm doing, please be as harsh about it as possible.

Ok so here goes this is not my first time asking for help i keep tweaking my spec trying to get my rotation down/increasing up time, and going with the not getting hit cap and currently being at hit cap. Sadly my dps dosn't seam to be moving to much its up from when i started but I'm still feeling like it should be a lot higher.

Armory- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Xanala/simple

logs- http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=8451&e=8990

(this last time we were getting our asses beat on elegon... stupid dragon. )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaebos View Post
    Ok so here goes this is not my first time asking for help i keep tweaking my spec trying to get my rotation down/increasing up time, and going with the not getting hit cap and currently being at hit cap. Sadly my dps dosn't seam to be moving to much its up from when i started but I'm still feeling like it should be a lot higher.

Best advice I can give you is to start getting better uptime on your dots, cause that's pretty bad at the moment. If you don't have a good dot timer addon get one, and try to refresh your dots on time. Especially with Pandemic in our arsenal you should never have trouble keeping your dots up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I went into my first 10m last night and was doing in excess of 80k dps on most tries, so I'm happy enough. Must be just a heroic thing where my DPS isnt breaking a certain level, at numerous times I was cracking 100k so happy days

Deleted
    Hey!

I have a major problem with a player in my guild.
    He was destro, didn´t perform really well, so i told him to go affliction, turns out that didn't help either.

Logs:

PM me for Logs, wasen't allowed to post links yet on these forums.
    Or if you could put the extra effort to find the reports it's EU-Tarren mill-pls-last reports-Burolas.

as i can see for the imperial vizier kill his dot uptime was "okey" but still extremely low dps.
    Not many reports but should be enough to see his problem, I don't know alot about warlocks so i can't figure it out. but with his gear that dps is really low.

Armory:

Same as Logs, pm me to get the link.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaebos View Post

I'm actually awaiting some help myself (posted right above you) and stuck on that exact same fight. I seem to be doing a little more damage than you so I guess I can share a little of what I'm doing to see if maybe that might be of some help. Also I use weakauras to tell me when my dots are safe to be refreshed without losing dps (<12s for agony, <9s for corruption, <8s for ua) and also make it obvious if the target is missing dots. Finally, your trinkets are pretty bleh. If you don't have the gold to spare to buy a dmc, it's okay because the 2 caster trinkets from the heroics are much stronger than the 2 you are currently using.

My guild has all the ranged/healers stacked near a pillar button at the start of the fight. The sweet spot where you receive the buff (and stacking debuff) and can jump to reset your stacks. I consistently jump at around 3-6 stacks, when dbm tells you you're overcharged. I start the pull with pre pot, sb:ss, elements, and mg. At least 1 windsong should proc at this point so I'll pop my ds, lifeblood, and on use trinket (macro'd together), haunt, and sb:ss again to refresh dots. I should be able to get at least 3 mg fully channeled before haunt wears, and once haunt is worn, the first add should spawn. I target the add just to sb:ss my 3 dots on it (which should still have some sort of buff on them) and then go back to boss. I never focus the first add, just dot and go back to elegon. I'll jump while the add is casting his "blow up" spell to reset stacks. I leave 1 shard available at all times during this phase, burning whatever spare I get on haunt and continue with the normal rotation. The 1 shard is saved for the second add, and as soon as that spawns, I sb:ss it and focus it down. At this point, my dots are enough input to give the little push to 85%, where the spark phase starts.

I then run to my spark pillar and stack once again at the sweet spot so I can jump to reset stacks. At this phase I may or may not have any shards, but it's okay. I'll dot up boss before the sparks spawn and then manually cast the 3 dots, and mg it to death. I'll jump to reset my stacks, and at this point I should have 1 shard. If I do not, I will redot elegon and drain soul him until the 2nd park spawns. This is to build shards for later sparks. As the 2nd spark spawns I will break my drain soul channel and repeat as I did for first spark, manually cast 3 dots and mg it to death. Back to elegon, redot and ds him if you DO NOT have 3-4 shards. Mg if you DO have 3-4 shards. Break channel when 3rd spark spawns and sb:ss it, and mg it to death. Redot and ds elegon following rules above. 4th spark you want to sb:ss, haunt, then mg till dead. Repeat elegon rules, though you want just 2 shards minimally to ds, otherwise mg him. 5th spark sb:ss, haunt, and mg til dead. Go back to elegon and burn (as my raid ignores the 6th spark) as hard as you can. When the pillars rise, ensure to stand on platform to get dmg buff and dot up your pillar, the one next to you, and elegon, then run off before you fall! Burn pillar and meet at your stack spot.

When at new stack spot, floor should come back and you should be able to stand on it to get dmg buff, cast 1 sb:seed, agony (on same target), and then harvest life everything to death. Also before new stack spot, you can help out your tanks by tossing a sb:exhaustion to slow all the little ghosts down if you don't have a hunter on your side. Repeat phase 1 and 2 again.

Phase 3, you run in and hang out on ranged stack spot. Pop all cd's, refresh dots, and burn like you've never burned before. Run out at 3-4 stacks. Anything higher than that you wanna pop Unending Resolve before going outside. Then he'll berserk at 9% and hit you with a 500k hit and overkill you with 300k. Turns out you're not supposed to survive the berserk. XD That's as far as I've gotten in the fight.

One of the things I have been trying to work on is tossing a sb:seed on elegon during the spark phase in between sparks because if it blows up when they spawn, you will get corruption on all 6 sparks (bumping your dps but more importantly, making your chance to regen shards increase 6 fold). Also, cycling using my void sacced defensive cd, healthstone, and unending resolve for almost every add explosion to save your healers mana for final phase. Your 2 goals are to top the dmg done meter and to stay as far away from 3rd place on healing received as you can. Push for 10/10 or 25/25 on healing received! XD

Deleted
    Hey guys,

As many other people on this forum, something is just not working for me as an affliction warlock. I've tried sim in every way i know how and i'm getting the following problem. At first, SimCraft is telling me that mastery>haste, i use the reforge and edit the stats so they match my gear (with isn't great). After i do that and sim again, it tell me that haste is better and gives me a completely different complete reforge option (and when i say complete i mean everything!).

Although i'm not even close to being a hardcore raider (pro player), I'm doing the correct rotation, prio the right spells and have read all the guides and watched all the movies. I'm guessing it does have something to do with the stat prio.

HELP ME!

I can't link my armory atm, but the name is ECLIPTIX, EU - TWILIGHT'S HAMMER.

If anybody has time to Sim it themselves and tell me what i'm doing wrong, i'd appreciate it (as well as other reforge opinions for my gear)... or any other suggestions.
    On LFR my dps was 45-55k. On normal MSV 10 m, all the tries my dps was 40-45k.

Thanks!

Deleted
    Hello, we try Elegon, but... my Damage are so low. Maybe you can help me, to raise my Damage. What are my Problems?

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-un8n9ztggu3j5mm0/

eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/antonidas/Asunai/simple

Sry i am new at this Forum

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunai View Post
    Hello, we try Elegon, but... my Damage are so low. Maybe you can help me, to raise my Damage. What are my Problems?

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-un8n9ztggu3j5mm0/

eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/antonidas/Asunai/simple

Sry i am new at this Forum
    Your damage on charges is really low. The other Lady's damage on sparks is smokin'. He did almost 8 million more damage on charges than you did. And you aren't doing much damage on anything else either. Lady is doing well rounded damage to everything, and 65% of their damage is on elegon. Most of your damage is on elegon with 81%. Shard management is massive on this fight.

Are you dotting the protector, and using protector to replenish shards to full? You should be if you aren't. I'm assuming you're trying to use mannaroth's fury and SB SoC for charges. Just dot them. Make sure you go to second phase with 4 shards, manually dot, MG the first two, SB:SS the third, SB:SS fourth with haunt, so on. Lady is top damage because he/she is using afflictions strengths optimally. If you have poor shard management in this fight, your dps will plummet. And I think that may be your biggest issue.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 03:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ecliptix View Post
    Hey guys,

As many other people on this forum, something is just not working for me as an affliction warlock. I've tried sim in every way i know how and i'm getting the following problem. At first, SimCraft is telling me that mastery>haste, i use the reforge and edit the stats so they match my gear (with isn't great). After i do that and sim again, it tell me that haste is better and gives me a completely different complete reforge option (and when i say complete i mean everything!).

Although i'm not even close to being a hardcore raider (pro player), I'm doing the correct rotation, prio the right spells and have read all the guides and watched all the movies. I'm guessing it does have something to do with the stat prio.

HELP ME!

I can't link my armory atm, but the name is ECLIPTIX, EU - TWILIGHT'S HAMMER.

If anybody has time to Sim it themselves and tell me what i'm doing wrong, i'd appreciate it (as well as other reforge opinions for my gear)... or any other suggestions.
    On LFR my dps was 45-55k. On normal MSV 10 m, all the tries my dps was 40-45k.

Thanks!
    Use reforge plots in sims. Of course if you see a stat valued higher than another, and reforge all to that stat, the other is going to be higher. Reforge plots will show you how much you need to reforge one stat to to achieve better results. Go under options, and go under reforge plots, and check haste and mastery.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    [/COLOR]
    Use reforge plots in sims. Of course if you see a stat valued higher than another, and reforge all to that stat, the other is going to be higher. Reforge plots will show you how much you need to reforge one stat to to achieve better results. Go under options, and go under reforge plots, and check haste and mastery.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, didn't know about that option

Deleted
    Thank you Seezer

Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    So i dug through the log a little bit, your dot time are good, Your drain time was bad ( as you pointed out)
    The big difference you are going to see on the top log rank and you is most certainly gear, you're mastery is still pretty low considering, you can look into dumping some of that haste into mastery, You really only need 4198 haste at this point.[COLOR="red"]
    Ty for the reply Cyner.
    I was using this haste based on someone from paragon or other guild.

My Ilevel is 488 right now.I think i can go for 4198 right?

And what about 188k on elegon.People abusing Vegeance? If yes, how?

To everyone with a question about Elegon I have two suggestions that greatly increase your dps: 1) Spec into mannoroth's fury, SB:SoC onto Elegon right as Draw Power is about to finish casting so the seed explodes and applies corruption to all the charges (continue to spam SoC on Elegon b/c they instantly explode due to super-powered dots on the boss, and they explode and hit all the charges - locks effectively dps all charges during that phase) and 2) make sure to be using up all of your soul shards b/c draining the protectors at the last second ensures a continuous flow of shards.

Now onto what I need help with, I am accustom to ranking regularly on fights; however, I am greatly struggling to do competitive dps on Amber Shaper; furthermore, my dps seems to greatly fluctuate on that fight, and I don't seem to be doing anything different between fights. I've had anywhere between 85-110k (not counting fights where I obv died) on this fight, and I'd like to push it higher with more consistency between attempts. As it stands, for the most part I roll dots on the boss and on whomever is in the construct; I try to refresh dots anytime trinkets proc and typically only throw haunts out during procs. As for Living Ambers, I try to get a SB:SoC off on my focus target at the time and get corruptions rolling on the ambers this way to limit my GCD usage - I wish the ambers returned shards... When P2 starts, I SS the dots off Amber Shaper onto the monstrosity and keep dots rolling on him and the construct - effectively doing the same as P1 except now with the monstrosity. Haven't been in P3 except for a few times, but it seems like an all-out burn so I'm not too worried about that part. If I could get some feedback about my logs it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...?s=2384&e=2626
    Last edited by Shadowygoodness; 2012-11-06 at 06:01 PM.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Deleted
    Hello,

I feel like I am not doing something right.

Here are some logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3mou5btz9gu0dd2x/

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nmlsm/advanced

I have a couple of nuances i need working out on a couple of fights.

http://www.worldoflo...gqo6gql23jcxpi/

Amber shaper on this log

http://www.worldoflo...yem01pra41o4to/

Vizier on that one.

http://us.battle.net...caster/advanced

My armory.

I don't know if it is a knowledge of the fight thing, I have put in maybe a total of 10 attempts between these two bosses, and my new raid group killed these the week before. I want to be able to be on par with them and not hold them back.

Tips?

Hi there

i'm kinda having a huge problem with affliction at the moment, it might be that i stay on my demo reforge (3036 haste -> rest on mastery) but somehow i can't get to the same dps than i do with demo (even if simcraft tells you it schould be better)
    was at will lfr where i normaly play destro with around 70k and i struck at 63k dps (thous a shadow from my guid got in front of me and that pissed me off big time^^)

armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...tcøm/advanced
    sadly i don't have a log from lfr :/

edit: feng (affli) 63k (no flask,food,prepot) (lfr)
    gara (demo) 69k (no flask,food,prepot) (lfr)

i reforged to 4720 haste as mentioned and after checking some "in my eyes good affli locks" and i can't get over the fact that it just looks like affli is 6k behind, dot refresh at 50%, haunt whenever it was rdy, drain soul at 20% so it realy bothers me, i mean the rota isnt that hard so i don't realy see where i made a mistake there dots got 100% uptime, didn't refresh to early but it still does less ..
    Last edited by darkminaz; 2012-11-08 at 10:38 AM.

Deleted
    Hello. I need an advice how to improve my dps as affli. I know that others warlocks do a way more dps in compared equipment. But i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong At first glance, affli rotation is quite simple, so i'm completely lost - what i'm doing wrong? why so big difference in dps?
    my armory - eu battle net /wow/en/character/jaedenar/Namelessd/advanced
    some logs - worldoflogs /reports/mppvxr41jkzjx0i7/sum/damageDone/?s=5500&e=5935
    worldoflogs /reports/8jsy2z89o63jll5u/sum/damageDone/?s=8130&e=8546

ps: sorry, can't post any links

Hello all, I have been a long time lurker and have perused this forum and thread to help my DPS increase. Earlier this evening my guild finally downed Elegon and Will on Normal, and I decided that I want to improve even further. Would anyone be able to critique my gear and playstyle (as discerned through the logs) to point out what may seem as obvious, to you, flaws that I am overlooking?

World of Logs
    worldoflogs.com/reports/hulk65uzfwxyirts/
    Armory
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Cyllic/simple

I am aware my gemming is not optimal, however as I was gearing up Int gems simmed higher than mastery gems, and only recently switched over to mastery with the current level of gear. I simmed my character again with optimal gems, and only changed my DPS by around 200. What I am hoping and asking for are some general to advanced tips to help me push the most I can out of my character.