Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am having some trouble. I feel I am a pretty competent player and able to handle things well, but recently in 10 man raids, I just haven't been topping the DPS like SimCraft says I should be doing. I'm a 489 iLvl and looking pretty bad. Can someone maybe pin point where I might be lacking? Reforge, stat weights, logs?

Here's 2 different days of logs from me. "Viti" is who you're looking for. I am being told I should be hitting 80-90k DPS minimum with my gear, maybe even higher.

h t t p : / / w w w . worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mus8g4brlxt5zs3b/sum/damageDone/

h t t p : / / w w w . worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-698nxeim1so066hb/sum/damageDone/

Armory:

h t t p : / / u s . b a t t l e . n e t /wow/en/character/korgath/Viti/advanced

Thanks for any tips. Definitely up for some knowledge I might be missing!

Need some help with warlock damage

Hey guys! I play in a 10 man guild and we are trying to push up our numbers. Currently I'm trying to see what our warlock could be doing better. Here are our logs.

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/167000/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...raeya/advanced

<moved to the appropriate thread - Elmi>
    Last edited by Erquonter; 2012-11-22 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erquonter View Post
    Hey guys! I play in a 10 man guild and we are trying to push up our numbers. Currently I'm trying to see what our warlock could be doing better. Here our are logs.

I am endlessly confused why you would be doing this for the lock rather than asking them to come here. The amount of info they could gain just by reading the stickied threads is going to be more useful than whatever you attempt to relay from us. If the player isn't motivated enough to seek help then I'm not sure that having us look at logs is going to solve the issue.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erquonter View Post
    Hey guys! I play in a 10 man guild and we are trying to push up our numbers. Currently I'm trying to see what our warlock could be doing better. Here are our logs.

First off, I don't know if he would appreciate you linking his armory without him knowing. That's not cool. Now on to his character, he's going too far into mastery. He's 3% away from hit cap, now, if it were 1%, I would say okay, but simcraft corrects misses alot faster than a player will. And because he is so focused on mastery, he is reforging out of hit to get the 11% haste plateau. And his gemming is all over the place. He has 1 gem with int on it, and he is gemming out of a 120 int socket bonus. And the dark soul glyph is a dps loss.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 09:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Merq View Post
    I am having some trouble. I feel I am a pretty competent player and able to handle things well, but recently in 10 man raids, I just haven't been topping the DPS like SimCraft says I should be doing. I'm a 489 iLvl and looking pretty bad. Can someone maybe pin point where I might be lacking? Reforge, stat weights, logs?

Here's 2 different days of logs from me. "Viti" is who you're looking for. I am being told I should be hitting 80-90k DPS minimum with my gear, maybe even higher.

h t t p : / / w w w . worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mus8g4brlxt5zs3b/sum/damageDone/

h t t p : / / w w w . worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-698nxeim1so066hb/sum/damageDone/

Armory:

h t t p : / / u s . b a t t l e . n e t /wow/en/character/korgath/Viti/advanced

Thanks for any tips. Definitely up for some knowledge I might be missing!
    Sim your character. Your haste is way, way, way too low. If you sim your toon, and you see that mastery is valued more than haste, that does not mean you reforge everything to mastery. Hitting a plateau is a minor dps increase, but with haste as low as you have, it's also keeping your channels ticking slower, your gcd's, and your dots. You would be better off going all haste and little mastery. But ideally, you want to have a balance of the two. Sim your character, and use reforge plots. It will show you exactly how much to reforge to for significant increases. Do a reforge plot for haste and mastery. Plus, on top of that, you're using KJ's cunning which will also slow your cast speeds on the move. Get your haste way up. I guarantee you that's the issue. Oh, and the crit trinket is pretty weak. This is probably due to luck, but try to get any of the raid finder ones right now.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2012-11-22 at 09:22 AM.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

15+ Year Old Account
    Hi everybody,

i'm long time player but somehow i can't get the best out of my warlock anymore. These are the link to my armory:

h t t p : / /e u . b a t t l e . n e t /wow/en/character/nemesis/gorthan/simple

and yesterday log:

h t t p : / / w w w . .worldoflogs.com/reports/1slnogwvrr6m6lmt/

Before say anything, my oh isn't reforged or enchanted 'cause i got it yesterday, my pants haven't the best enchant 'cause i'll change them today. Any suggestion will be very appreciated (reforging, spell priorities)

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sim your character. Your haste is way, way, way too low. If you sim your toon, and you see that mastery is valued more than haste, that does not mean you reforge everything to mastery. Hitting a plateau is a minor dps increase, but with haste as low as you have, it's also keeping your channels ticking slower, your gcd's, and your dots. You would be better off going all haste and little mastery. But ideally, you want to have a balance of the two. Sim your character, and use reforge plots. It will show you exactly how much to reforge to for significant increases. Do a reforge plot for haste and mastery. Plus, on top of that, you're using KJ's cunning which will also slow your cast speeds on the move. Get your haste way up. I guarantee you that's the issue. Oh, and the crit trinket is pretty weak. This is probably due to luck, but try to get any of the raid finder ones right now.
    Thank you! I was going to ask when I analyze my main stats on simcraft does it include reforges and how to use it for reforging too. Should I take off all my reforges in game before simming? I'm still new to exactly how to use simcraft and find the weights and whatnot.
    Last edited by Merq; 2012-11-22 at 05:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merq View Post
    Thank you! I was going to ask when I analyze my main stats on simcraft does it include reforges and how to use it for reforging too. Should I take off all my reforges in game before simming? I'm still new to exactly how to use simcraft and find the weights and whatnot.
    No. There is no reason to do that. The reforge plots will have a chart showing you this. Get your haste and mastery relatively close together, and then sim. Use reforge plots. Also, pay attention to your values relative to haste. So many people are skipping out on int gems in favor of yellow mastery and green mastery/hit. And at 480+ ilvl, this can be the case, but many people are blindly doing it.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    No. There is no reason to do that. The reforge plots will have a chart showing you this. Get your haste and mastery relatively close together, and then sim. Use reforge plots. Also, pay attention to your values relative to haste. So many people are skipping out on int gems in favor of yellow mastery and green mastery/hit. And at 480+ ilvl, this can be the case, but many people are blindly doing it.
    Well see, I'm seeing so many posts about mastery over everything and that's how I was going. I was down to like 6%-7% haste but had 65% mastery. Using the PvE Hit Cap build at AskMrRobot with a modified haste value that matches mastery, it makes me re-gem using a bunch of haste gems that I'm reading from these and other forums are terrible for affliction. I'm reading that affliction should never use a haste gem and only reforge in to it because int/mastery gems are more important.

I just want what's best for my ilvl and spec. Like I said, at 489 ilvl, I feel I should be hitting an easy 80k+ on targets constant DPS. I doubt it's my rotation. I'm pretty confident it's my stat weight distribution. I re-gemmed into haste for now and have hit the 2nd haste breakpoint (4717) and mastery is down to 50% or so. Should this show more improvement? Or am I doing something wrong with the haste gems?

h t t p : / / u s . b a t t l e . n e t/wow/en/character/korgath/Viti/advanced

Deleted
    Hi all i have some doubts about my stats / dps.
    first of all my armory link is this
    h t t p : / / eu . battle . net/wow/en/character/Tyrande/Zarach/advanced
    as you see in my armory i am not going for mastery but Haste.
    i have been playing with simcraft with these options

1.- haste: 6637, mastery: 3801, hit: 5093 --- > dps: 87.308 (style :light movement, skill: good)
    2.- haste: 4717, mastery: 5570, hit: 5095 --- > dps: 86.899 (style :light movement, skill: good)
    3.- haste: 4198, mastery: 6265, hit: 5068 --- > dps: 86.754 (style :light movement, skill: good)

with this data i reforge and gem to get the first option. 6637 haste and 3801 mastery.

firstly i was surprise looking that it's better going to 6637 haste plateau that going mastery becouse i always read that mastery >> haste.

my question is , this data are real?? and another question : is better mastery for one target and haste for multitarget?
    and now my dps concern.

this is my last log on Feng the accursed figth with haste= 6637 and mastery = 3801. (i have choose this becouse is a simple and light movement figh)

h t t p : / / www . worldoflogs .com/reports/fzozabhyq5der73y/sum/damageDone/?s=1354&e=1754

dot uptime was > 98%
    MG + DS uptime was > 65%
    haunt uptime was 46%

we have 8 party buffs including spell haste.

my dps was 76K...... far away from 87K that simcraft had calculated, and i set skill in elite simcraft gives me 88.737 dps..... and i set skill in "average" simcraft gives me 83.116 dps and , at last, if i set skill in "ouch fire is hot" simcraft gives me 71.229 ... then am i almost "ouch fire is hot" player? i am depressed xD

what i am doing wrong? what can i do better?

thanks

edit: correct errors and give more data
    Last edited by mmocad7d93be07; 2012-11-23 at 11:06 AM.

Deleted
    Hi,
    Long time since my last post, but now I've reason to write.
    Our RL started to log raids, unfortunetly our last raid was mix of failures, but we made it to Will of Emperor.
    I'm not worst player, but I know I can do better. Short story, my logs and profil:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ofiy0gjafjh6jd66/
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tosai/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryonnen View Post
    Hi,
    Long time since my last post, but now I've reason to write.
    Our RL started to log raids, unfortunetly our last raid was mix of failures, but we made it to Will of Emperor.
    I'm not worst player, but I know I can do better. Short story, my logs and profil:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ofiy0gjafjh6jd66/
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tosai/advanced
    It would help us if you logged out in your PvE gear for things like this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    It would help us if you logged out in your PvE gear for things like this
    I was logged in PvE gear, untill some hunter decided it's cool to camp low level hordies, so I camped his arse off. But now it should be fixed

Deleted
    HI guys, i hope you can help me to fix my dps because i run some sim craft and I do about 20k less than i should.
    Here is a log http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...rd/?s=57&e=527 with a kill and many wipes at Gar'Jal.
    This is me http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/characte...s/Diaak/simple
    Any help would be appreciate !
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-11-27 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Fixed your links for you

Deleted
    Hi all i have some doubts about my stats / dps.
    first of all my armory link is this
    h t t p : / / eu . battle . net/wow/en/character/Tyrande/Zarach/advanced
    as you see in my armory i am not going for mastery but Haste.
    i have been playing with simcraft with these options

1.- haste: 6637, mastery: 3801, hit: 5093 --- > dps: 87.308 (style :light movement, skill: good)
    2.- haste: 4717, mastery: 5570, hit: 5095 --- > dps: 86.899 (style :light movement, skill: good)
    3.- haste: 4198, mastery: 6265, hit: 5068 --- > dps: 86.754 (style :light movement, skill: good)

with this data i reforge and gem to get the first option. 6637 haste and 3801 mastery.

firstly i was surprise looking that it's better going to 6637 haste plateau that going mastery becouse i always read that mastery >> haste.

my question is , this data are real?? and another question : is better mastery for one target and haste for multitarget?
    and now my dps concern.

this is my last log on Feng the accursed figth with haste= 6637 and mastery = 3801. (i have choose this becouse is a simple and light movement figh)

h t t p : / / www . worldoflogs .com/reports/fzozabhyq5der73y/sum/damageDone/?s=1354&e=1754

dot uptime was > 98%
    MG + DS uptime was > 65%
    haunt uptime was 46%

we have 8 party buffs including spell haste.

my dps was 76K...... far away from 87K that simcraft had calculated, and i set skill in elite simcraft gives me 88.737 dps..... and i set skill in "average" simcraft gives me 83.116 dps and , at last, if i set skill in "ouch fire is hot" simcraft gives me 71.229 ... then am i almost "ouch fire is hot" player? i am depressed xD

what i am doing wrong? what can i do better?

thanks

edit: correct errors and give more data
    Sorry , but someone can give me some help or comment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarach View Post
    Nothing much to say, mate. You've simmed your gear and done with it what came out best and your DPS is good enough (so much so that you stand head and shoulders above the rest of the people in your raid it seems).

I never get up to the levels my Sim says I should get, it takes near robotic perfection to get to that, reacting with absolute precision and without any doubt to things like procs and movement. You hardly ever get that in a fight. You make mistakes, you don't take the absolute 100% advantage of every proc you get. You're human. It's good to strive for that level of adequacy, but frankly I don't think it's possible to give you advise in words and text that will help you get better. What you need is doing it, practice your spec, get to know the fights inside and out so you know when to react to what and when, plan movement ahead, be 100% productive while you are moving. etc. etc.

I suggest you watch video of people doing the figths, watch streams from people doing it in your and other formats. ALways try to learn and you WILL learn and get better and get closer to the SimC mark. It's not much but it's the best advice I can give you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarach View Post
    There are a few nits to pick: You should macro your DS somehow so that it doesn't get wasted on your opener - 3.5s of it elapses before you Soul Swap. As far as I can tell you macro-ed it to Soulburn, but you're pre-Soulburning. You lost about 45s of Curse of the Elements. The main thing I noticed is that your Haunt uptime during execute could use improvement. Here's an edited log -

[20:40:50.255] Zarach's Poseer fades from Feng el Detestable
    [20:40:51.155] Zarach gains Drenar alma from Zarach
    [20:40:59.896] Zarach begins to cast Poseer
    [20:41:10.008] Zarach's Poseer fades from Feng el Detestable
    [20:41:20.470] Zarach's Maldición de los Elementos fades from Feng el Detestable

Otherwise, it's as xskarma said - your damage isn't bad. Keep in mind that Feng is not Patchwerk - at the very least you missed 8 MGs because of Epicenter.

Deleted
    Thanks to Rustjuve and xskarma for your answers. i will going trying to improve xD
    Rustjive, you are rigth, i forgot elements in the middle of execute xDD

Hello folks!
    Im glad this thread exists, thank you guys for the help you give other folks! Hopefully you will be able to assist me as well.

I used to be a hardcore raider back in cata, before i got burnt out (like a lot of other people) and quit. Some time ago i decided to resub to see how MoP was, and do some casual lfr/normal raiding. I use a class other than the one i used before (im a warlock now), but i played this warlock before, and that, coupled with the fact that i overall consider myself to be a competent player, meant that i expected to get some decent performance out of myself, after the initial "getting used to" period.

As time went by, and LFR fights went on, i saw that i was constantly outmatched by other people - including other warlocks. At first i attributed that to my gear - to be fair, i was fresh out of heroics and in full blues, so i did not expect to be on the top anytime soon. However as i began to acquire gear and become more or less accustomed to the fights, i noticed that my performance was still subpar of what i was expecting from myself. Up to a point of seeing another warlock with exactly same spec and similar gear level outdps me on a single target fight by over 20k dps (true number).

Personally, i did all i could think of. I ensured my latency was taken into account (although its barely noticeable), i optimized my gems and reforges, i ran simcraft many many times, analazying everything from expertise to haste->hit reforging. Although it did improve my dps, i still believe i am subpar of what i should be performing like at this gear level.
    As such, any and all comments, criticism and feedback would be appreciated.

Here is the recent log from the first 3 MV LFR bosses. I have to confess i was stupid and did not think of combatlogging any other runs i did earlier - in hindsight, that should have been an obvious thing to do. Oh well.

Notes for the log:

1) Dogs - my multidotting rotation is still crappy, i will admit it gladly. Its something that i know needs a lot of work on still.

2) Feng - At the very start had to move a bit as tank went out of range with boss, as such haunt was slightly delayed.

3) Troll boss - could not DS right at pull due to it still having 1-2 sec cooldown, and instead had to DS a few GCDs after pull.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e.../?s=621&e=1098
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...g/Trudi/simple
    Thanks in advance
    Edit: i keep forgetting to reforge one of hte items for the next haste breakpoint. I know about it, i just keep forgetting it >.>
    Last edited by Anakonda; 2012-11-28 at 07:50 PM.
    We dream, we dream.

Deleted

What im i doing wrong?

Hi mmo as allways im aiming to do my best on raids, and still i have much to learn about the warlock class, when i saw sparkuggz and varia on in thye race for mogushen vaults they kicked ass with lower IL then i have and still makes more dps then i do.. BUT what im i doing wrong? its frustrating i know ill never be a sparkuggz or varia.... im a not paying enough attention on my procs is that the problem ? or ?

i have made this film of ouer tankedown on Imperial Vizier Zor'lok if there is a nice person who can tell me what im soing wrong ill be glad...

here is for my armory

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%ACster/simple

A. You arent paying attention to your dot durations. Just in the first 3 minutes of the fight I saw corruption fall of 2 times, UA fall of 3 or 4, and agony fell off at least twice. Affdots addon can help with this.
    B. You have KJC, but you aren't channeling MG when you are moving into the shield for Force and Verve.
    C. You aren't making full use of your dots and your buffs. From what I have read, letting your dots get down to 5-6 seconds before refreshing them serves no purpose. Refresh your dots at least when they are half their original duration (Agony ~12 seconds, Corruption ~9 seconds, UA ~7 seconds).
    D. You logged out in demo spec, so I really cant help you as far as gearing goes, but I did notice your haste was way low (even for demo haste is a huge stat).
    E. Your Gemming scheme is kinda messed up as well. For instance you gemmed 160 int in a yellow socket with a 60 int bonus when you could have thrown an Artful or a reckless in there, got 140 int, and 160 haste or mastery (even if int is worth twice as much as mastery/haste it is still worth picking up the 160 haste/mastery if you can get 140 or more int out of a yellow or a blue socket). You only lose 20 int, which is worth about 40 haste or mastery, but you gain 160 haste/mastery which is worth about 80 int (if that makes sense to you).