Page 41 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    4.0.6 Character Pane now shows haste from all values, including aura and DI.

R.I.P. YARG

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    Gems need work, yes. Really the only piece you should be gemming for the bonus is your chest piece, the rest should be straight reds.
    Thank you for taking the time to look at it. ive now regemmed and hopefully ill be able to see an improvement in next weeks BH run. Seeing a ret pali that close to me had me worried that i was doing something drastically wrong post patch.

once again. thanks.

Deleted
    Hey. I wasn't sure where to post this - it was a toss up between this thread and the simcraft one - but I figured that it would probably be answered in either.

I was wondering, theoretically, how much personal dps I would lose if the ele shaman in our 10 man group was not there. Now I know this (the 10% SP totem) will scale differently depending on gear and dps, so I'll provide a link to my gear on wowprogress (armoury is down) and my dps via World of Logs.

Ok, it seems I can't post any links so far as this is only my first post here. I have 6100 SP along with power torrent, bell of enraging resonance, and darkmoon volcano. I can pull roughly 21k dps on argaloth (20.5 before I gained the bell and volcano).

Sorry in advance if this was better suited to the simcraft thread, and mods, feel fee to move it if necessary. And I'm only looking for a rough estimate. 1kdps? 2kdps?

Thanks.

finally ready to start raiding (as destro with situational demo)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/peepo/simple...

just had a question on hit vs haste...

i tried to make sense of the hasted dots and clipping post, but i'm still a bit confused.

haste is currently 1056
    hit is 1608

what is the next haste level that i'm looking for?... 1280?... in that case, i should scale back the reforged haste into hit till cap?... or should i reforge to hit cap anyway?...

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming you're putting dark intent on yourself, you're at the first haste tier. The next one for you is 3357 if you're not getting the spell haste buff from your raid, or 2588 if you are.

Its always beneficial to reforge to hit, especially if its from mastery or crit. Haste, so long as you're getting raid buffed, should be fine as well. If you're not, you'll want to keep your haste above 871.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Assuming you're putting dark intent on yourself, you're at the first haste tier. The next one for you is 3357 if you're not getting the spell haste buff from your raid, or 2588 if you are.

Its always beneficial to reforge to hit, especially if its from mastery or crit. Haste, so long as you're getting raid buffed, should be fine as well. If you're not, you'll want to keep your haste above 871.
    so keep my haste around 900, unless i can get to 2588?...

Quote Originally Posted by Peepo View Post
    so keep my haste around 900, unless i can get to 2588?...
    Even if you can't reach the next tick on immolate, haste is still good to stack, I'm nowhere near the next tick (1850 rating) and for me haste is still better than crit and mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Even if you can't reach the next tick on immolate, haste is still good to stack, I'm nowhere near the next tick (1850 rating) and for me haste is still better than crit and mastery.
    Its not good to stack haste if you can reforge it to hit and still be under cap, which was this person's situation. If you can get to cap without reforging haste, then yes you should stack it as much as feasible.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Its not good to stack haste if you can reforge it to hit and still be under cap, which was this person's situation. If you can get to cap without reforging haste, then yes you should stack it as much as feasible.
    yeah, that is what i was asking, it was a haste vs hit issue... i was trying to figure out how much haste i needed to just get over one of the caps for the extra tick, and then dump the rest into getting hit capped...

Need a little help on fixing dps. I seem to be having tremendous problems figuring out what I am doing wrong. I've followed the mmo-c and ej guides on spec, rotation and gearing but can't seem to come anywhere close to simulcraft numbers. On most fights I am usually near the bottom of the charts compared to other dps. I included a parse from Chimaeron where I did fairly ok but thought it would be a better indicator of what I'm doing wrong since its a fairly stationary fight compared to others.

My lock's name is Gnomydegnome and any help would be greatly appreciated.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yh3uuiutq3whpfha/sum/damageDone/?s=3798&e=4084

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest problem I see aside from rotation things that others can point out is you are missing the spell haste buff. That is quite significant to be missing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badahs View Post
    Need a little help on fixing dps. I seem to be having tremendous problems figuring out what I am doing wrong. I've followed the mmo-c and ej guides on spec, rotation and gearing but can't seem to come anywhere close to simulcraft numbers. On most fights I am usually near the bottom of the charts compared to other dps. I included a parse from Chimaeron where I did fairly ok but thought it would be a better indicator of what I'm doing wrong since its a fairly stationary fight compared to others.

My lock's name is Gnomydegnome and any help would be greatly appreciated.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yh3uuiutq3whpfha/sum/damageDone/?s=3798&e=4084
    -at Chimareon ur ok, nice uptimes nice output dmg
    -at atramedes u have uptimes 70% immolate-corruption and 64% at BoD.thats extremely low on fight that ur immolate can be 100% on air phase use felflame spam refresh corruption & BoD and conflg on every CD
    -at Counsil u have 60-68 uptime at ur dots (work on this)

if u are this one battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/gnomydegnome/
    first of all go farm the rep for Ramkhen boots
    second go farm rep for the shoulders enchant
    ur gloves and ur back are Healer items replace them asap (spirit = bad)
    u have reforge so much Mastery and still ur mastery is more than ur haste percentage and almost like ur crit rating i dont like ur gear choises
    mastery should be the last on prios when choosing gear

ur Haste rating = 1429 imo goal for 1993 one more tick at corruption
    and keep in mind to get Hit rating gear ur 15% atm

and as Jesusmode where is ur haste buff? no totemic wrath? and who u DI?
    Last edited by mmoc437a5c4ab8; 2011-02-23 at 09:48 PM.

Hey guys
    Any help would be apreciated

en/character/frostwolf/voltusv

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by VoltusV View Post
    Hey guys
    Any help would be apreciated

en/character/frostwolf/voltusv

Thanks in advance
    We'll need your help to help you, you can start by reading the title again: "[Help Me!] The "Fix My DPS" Thread (Read first post before posting)"

Im sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    We'll need your help to help you, you can start by reading the title again: "[Help Me!] The "Fix My DPS" Thread (Read first post before posting)"
    Im sorry first time posting and is not letting me post my links

here is a world of log worldoflogs.com/reports/ipqykah5bar3pyfo/sum/damageDone/?enc=kills&boss=41442, I think i could do better.

Here is my link us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostwolf/voltusv/advanced

Thanks again

to VoltusV

You're doing pretty much everything right in terms of rotation and dot uptimes. Two things to note to improve your deeps:

1. Keep Imp. SF up more. I know atra is movement intensive and it's especially hard during airphase w/o a soul shard, but save a soul shard and keep this buff closer to 80% than 60%.

2. If you're not on gongs, then shadowflame. You'll see a notable dps increase if you cast this on cooldown, taking priority over chaos bolt. Atra has a huge hitbox, btw, so you should be able to get her with it almost at caster range.

Fel flame less and incinerate more if you can, but yeah, it's atra so what can you do. I couldn't see if you had food / flask on wowlogs, but those would help if you didn't.

In all, with your gear, things look good though.

Quote Originally Posted by bannehallow View Post
    -at Chimareon ur ok, nice uptimes nice output dmg
    -at atramedes u have uptimes 70% immolate-corruption and 64% at BoD.thats extremely low on fight that ur immolate can be 100% on air phase use felflame spam refresh corruption & BoD and conflg on every CD
    -at Counsil u have 60-68 uptime at ur dots (work on this)

if u are this one battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/gnomydegnome/
    first of all go farm the rep for Ramkhen boots
    second go farm rep for the shoulders enchant
    ur gloves and ur back are Healer items replace them asap (spirit = bad)
    u have reforge so much Mastery and still ur mastery is more than ur haste percentage and almost like ur crit rating i dont like ur gear choises
    mastery should be the last on prios when choosing gear

ur Haste rating = 1429 imo goal for 1993 one more tick at corruption
    and keep in mind to get Hit rating gear ur 15% atm

and as Jesusmode where is ur haste buff? no totemic wrath? and who u DI?
    Didn't notice that we were missing totem of air. Since we have 2 shammies, I automatically assumed one was putting it down. I'll bring it up tonight during raid. We have arcane brilliance which should make totemic wrath redundant.

DI'ing Roselai the fire mage.

---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 04:04 PM ----------

Just wanted to thank you guys for all your help. Seems my biggest problem was that I didn't have my rotation down right. Made a spreadsheet that let me realize that I was letting immolate, corruption and SF fall off way too much because I was refreshing them with too little time left on the buff/debuff.

You guys pointed out some awesome stuff, especially the missing wrath of air totem. In addition, I do have to change out of the spirit gear, but beggars can't be choosers and even after raiding for months, for some reason, I seem to be having the worst luck on drops.

This is from last night. Hopefully you guys see a difference. Some fights I lost control of the rotation since its new and not build into my muscle memory yet.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jewxpvzj7gdx6qk7/?s=6648&e=6895
    Last edited by Badahs; 2011-02-24 at 07:27 PM.

Deleted
    i check only ur Counsil fight the others have some RNG included
    i have to say GOOD JOB! u manage to have 20% more uptime on ur dots
    well played.

About the Gear
    its not about raiding or win the roles
    u can get Epic imba items via Rep Gloves from Vashj'ir (earthen ring) and Boots (uldum Ramkahen)
    for ur back i sugest u to get the one with VP since the Raid choises are too low or go with one of The HC and am sure that there is a 349Back with rep but i cant rember maybe is Earthen ring go check.
    Have fun

Hi Everyone, i feel like I should be pulling higher DPS, but im not.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dpsfail/simple

Here is my world of logs for a bothttp://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...i1/details/30/

and another http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...4lc/details/8/

Im basically stuck doing about 15-16k dps, sometimes 18 but I feel like I should be doing much more with my gear.

My destro hits okay numbers but my affliction really sucks.

Deleted
    dpsfail,

It seems you could improve your gemming a bit.
    Not probably going to have a huge impact but every little bit counts!

There is a better metagem, Burning Shadowspirit Diamond, which gives 54 intellect instead of 54 critical strike rating.
    The prismatic socket in your belt would be better utilized by having a pure intellect gem in it, but seeing as you are exactly 20 hit rating short of the hit cap of 17%, maybe that would be a good idea.