Page 50 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey folks,

I just recently switched to Affliction from Destruction about ohhh 3 days ago i wanna say. I did notice my dps go up by about 1.5k on average per fights( which is nice an all), however i still seem to be doing 18k dps on average. I keep reading about the ridiculous numbers that affliction can pull off and I'm wondering if I'm just missing something or if its my low gear.

Armory link above:(In Signature- not sure if its working) US-Aggramar-Ombre if that helps

I have to state though that i came back about 3 weeks from a gear ilvl 346. So my gear isnt completely up to date as you can notice the offhand and head piece.

I do have questions too though:
    How much does pre-potting and having a Flask add to dps??
    Theralion's Mirror vs. Soul Casket, is the static spell power gain from Mirror better for affliction or the boost you get with soul casket?
    Should I add more haste to my items to get close enough to the next haste cap? (currently at 2291)

I've been following the guides and my rotation is standard and seems to line up nicely with managing cd's.

if anyone can shed any light on why I'm only cranking out 18k on when a boss drops i would appreciate it.

Thank YA!
    Last edited by Otrov; 2011-08-08 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    Eventho prepotting is quite essential, the DPS difference throughout a whole fight will be small, apart from Majordomo (since there the nuke in the start you get is.... insane.)

I happily await more logs of your Baleroc kill/tries, and see what more I can do if your DPS is still low.

Never give up!

EDIT: @Calsifer,

If your DPS keeps being low, it might be time to check out other speccs, such as Destruction or Demonology. Both are lower DPS speccs but, when you can't keep up with Affliction's playstyle (which I honestly can understand), you really might just try Demo first, then destruction. If you have a small ammount of time, test it out in heroics (lets say you're off duty on sunday, go get that done). Demonology is/can be fairly easy; the real trick about the specc is knowing when to pop CDs, without that you should still be able to do proper DPS.

You might also want to check up Xaphire.com, I've made a post about Warlocks in Firelands, an Affliction part will come next reset.
    Hey ok so here is the logs from 2nites raid. Finally got Baleroc down. Should be a fair few wipes on Domo in here as well.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...?s=8058&e=8403

Managed to get the non-set shoulders from Baleroc, so lost my last tier 2set bonus, and had to regorge slightly, which i have probably done wrong. Is this the kind of dps i should be putting out with this gear? I feel i should be doing more, if not topping the meters. I have the highest GS in the guild atm >.<

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by panthro7 View Post
    Hey ok so here is the logs from 2nites raid. Finally got Baleroc down. Should be a fair few wipes on Domo in here as well.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...?s=8058&e=8403

Managed to get the non-set shoulders from Baleroc, so lost my last tier 2set bonus, and had to regorge slightly, which i have probably done wrong. Is this the kind of dps i should be putting out with this gear? I feel i should be doing more, if not topping the meters. I have the highest GS in the guild atm >.<

Thanks in advance
    Your dps is quite oke, can be somewhat higher. I still see reforges towards crit, which is b.a.d. (Watch your char in Advanced mode: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sifer/advanced)

Looking at the logs, all your uptimes were as they should be; high enough. (95%+). So, I think you're quite on par.

---------- Post added 2011-08-09 at 07:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ombre View Post
    Hey folks,

I just recently switched to Affliction from Destruction about ohhh 3 days ago i wanna say. I did notice my dps go up by about 1.5k on average per fights( which is nice an all), however i still seem to be doing 18k dps on average. I keep reading about the ridiculous numbers that affliction can pull off and I'm wondering if I'm just missing something or if its my low gear.

Armory link above:(In Signature- not sure if its working) US-Aggramar-Ombre if that helps

I have to state though that i came back about 3 weeks from a gear ilvl 346. So my gear isnt completely up to date as you can notice the offhand and head piece.

I do have questions too though:
    How much does pre-potting and having a Flask add to dps??
    Theralion's Mirror vs. Soul Casket, is the static spell power gain from Mirror better for affliction or the boost you get with soul casket?
    Should I add more haste to my items to get close enough to the next haste cap? (currently at 2291)

I've been following the guides and my rotation is standard and seems to line up nicely with managing cd's.

if anyone can shed any light on why I'm only cranking out 18k on when a boss drops i would appreciate it.

Thank YA!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ombre/advanced

Prepotting + a Flask can lead up to quite a big DPS difference, especially if potted twice and the second time on a good moment. I'm to shy to give a number for this.

Theralion's Mirror > Soul Casket. Also, don't go for haste and all that if you arent anywhere close. It's nice if you're so close that you only have to reforge a lil' bit, or put in that one last gem for it. 2589 haste would be nice to have, if you're near you can try and get that.

Only minor thing at your char I see, is that you should change the gems in chest, but the difference is not all too huge.

Also, I wonder where you put out that 18k DPS, and if you do, can you post logs? Which help way more.

---------- Post added 2011-08-09 at 07:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RabidPolarBehr View Post
    Been stuck playing priest in raids lately. Is a log of a 5 man ok ?
    Can't barely do anything with a 5man log, as the main problem with most of the DPS is that they let their dots fall off. In5mans this just won't happen since a mob dies faster then the dot usually ticks.

Greeting fellow warlocks, i am in need of some assistance please.

Am mainly an Aff lock, pulling 22-23k dps with my spec, but on the Ragnoros fight (10man) i go demo, problem is, am struggling with my dps, i start at 20, but when phase 2 hits i drop below 17, so i was wondering is it me, my rotation, my spec, or thats what happens in that fight.

start with SB,coe, pop demonsoul moonwell and demon form, immo hoG, corr BoD, am using the felhunter at p1 and p3, but on p2 i use fel guard to help on adds and aoe. use second demonform on first wave adds (not the hammer adds, sorry for got the names), and after smash i pop trinket demon form.

Armory (sicne am mainly aff my gear isnt the opti for demo, most my gear is reforged) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...naire/advanced

and some pic from recount ( didnt get to p3 tonight so data is incomplete i guess)
    http://imageshack.us/f/546/wowscrnshot081011003647.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...011003651.jpg/

sorry for typing alot, and thank in advance for your help.
    Last edited by A Dark Knight; 2011-08-09 at 10:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Sup, recently I have noticed that I suck. For my gear I believe that I should be pushing much more than I currently am (about 20k).

I've read every guide about 15 times and still nothing changes. It seems to me like I'm doing everything right but I have to be missing something!
    I roll demo and aff depending on the fight. The only thing I'll change is my trink (moonwell for demo Heart for aff).

Armory Link~~~~ us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malfurion/Cheesylock/simple
    WOL links
    ME ~~~~ worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9uj8fnv2d3re2zpm/details/3/

RAID ~~~worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9uj8fnv2d3re2zpm/sum/damageDone/

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy View Post
    Sup, recently I have noticed that I suck. For my gear I believe that I should be pushing much more than I currently am (about 20k).

I've read every guide about 15 times and still nothing changes. It seems to me like I'm doing everything right but I have to be missing something!
    I roll demo and aff depending on the fight. The only thing I'll change is my trink (moonwell for demo Heart for aff).

Armory Link~~~~ us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malfurion/Cheesylock/simple
    WOL links
    ME ~~~~ worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9uj8fnv2d3re2zpm/details/3/

RAID ~~~worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9uj8fnv2d3re2zpm/sum/damageDone/

Thanks in advance!
    Try to get one mainspecc for both, or 2 gearsets. You lack reforges, its overall quite oké itemized, but then still for demo you lack mastery and for affli you'd have too much of it. (e.g. trinkets) If you're demo on, lets say 2 fights, you might consider just to reforge shit to haste and hit; shouldn't differ too much in that case.

Also, don't forget your chest enchant.

Then WoL. I took Shannox as an example as it is the most straight forward out of those four. First of all, your uptime on dots should be nearly 100%, considering you should dot up all 3 dogs. But that might change on the tactic you use, which I doubt is else then ours (nukedoglol, nukebosslol). Haunt has an uptime of avg. 70%. This either means you dont keep it on CD, or you fuck things up a lot. Make a focus targets, say Rageface. Dot up everything (starting with Rageface and haunt), everytime shadowbolt proccs / haunt is off cd / you have everything dotted => put stuff on rageface. Your SE cannot fall off the dog. Also, when Rageface dies, try to put haunt on the boss and dump your sb proccs on riplimb, allowing you to stack SE on 2 targets, which is rather nice.

GL!

Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    Greeting fellow warlocks, i am in need of some assistance please.

Am mainly an Aff lock, pulling 22-23k dps with my spec, but on the Ragnoros fight (10man) i go demo, problem is, am struggling with my dps, i start at 20, but when phase 2 hits i drop below 17, so i was wondering is it me, my rotation, my spec, or thats what happens in that fight.

start with SB,coe, pop demonsoul moonwell and demon form, immo hoG, corr BoD, am using the felhunter at p1 and p3, but on p2 i use fel guard to help on adds and aoe. use second demonform on first wave adds (not the hammer adds, sorry for got the names), and after smash i pop trinket demon form.

Armory (sicne am mainly aff my gear isnt the opti for demo, most my gear is reforged) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...naire/advanced

and some pic from recount ( didnt get to p3 tonight so data is incomplete i guess)
    http://imageshack.us/f/546/wowscrnshot081011003647.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...011003651.jpg/

sorry for typing alot, and thank in advance for your help.
    First of all, having rather low dps on ragnaros as demo is quite usual, atleast when I look to our warlocks (myself and another, switch). Point is to know when to pop demo and to know when to save it, resulting into a DPS loss due to transition phases.

Either way, without all too much logs (recount.. ) we can't really help you. Try to get a WoL link, heck even record one yourself next time you're there. Only thing I can see is Shadowflame used thrice. Find yourself a spot at the edge of his hitbox (it's about on the spot where you died), and you can have both shadowflame + immolation hitting the boss, without getting that annoying interrupting thingy.

Further more, reforge your ring(Signet of the 5th Circle): Haste > Hit. Weapon Crit>Mastery, Offhand Haste>Mastery, and so on.

thank you for taking time and replying.

i will do my best to get WOL, and i will stand closer to Rag to start SF, and get on that reforging tips u gave me.

thanks again

Guys, I'd love some help if anyone would check my dps. Running simulations in SimCraft I got a 30400 dps but in a fight like Baleroc Heroic that I should do almost that damage I did only 27600. Can anyone check my log and point something I am doing wrong?

Link of the Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13781&e=14147

Link of my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Nailoz/simple

well, when I tried to study why i lost that almost 3k dps. I realized two things, first of then I wasnt using DrainSouler and was trusting the ticks of Drain Soul from Quartz.. so basically I lost 4-5 ticks of it in the fight, other thing I got 2x Countdown so I had to move and probably lost some dps of it. But I don't think that explain the 3k dps loss entirely. I really think I am still missing something. Can anyone help me finding what?
    Last edited by Nailo; 2011-08-10 at 06:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailo View Post
    Guys, I'd love some help if anyone would check my dps. Running simulations in SimCraft I got a 30400 dps but in a fight like Baleroc Heroic that I should do almost that damage I did only 27600. Can anyone check my log and point something I am doing wrong?

Link of the Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13781&e=14147

Link of my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Nailoz/simple

well, when I tried to study why i lost that almost 3k dps. I realized two things, first of then I wasnt using DrainSouler and was trusting the ticks of Drain Soul from Quartz.. so basically I lost 4-5 ticks of it in the fight, other thing I got 2x Countdown so I had to move and probably lost some dps of it. But I don't think that explain the 3k dps loss entirely. I really think I am still missing something. Can anyone help me finding what?
    Haunt hasn't bin on the boss for 18 seconds of that fight, which, including with those things, might make the 3k dps difference. Also, watch your char in advanced. Your reforging seems kind of wierd, any explanation? (Considering you're affliction and I doubt you reforge for demo every fight)

You doubted wrong my friend..... I reforge every time I change spec.... changed this because of Rag heroic and my guildie wanting to try the aoe tactic of killing molten elementals so I had to reforge everything to mastery. And I was unable to check that 18s without haunt.... I can see there was 2 gaps of time in the middle of the buff that he wasn't with haunt. Probably the same time I had to run because countdown. Getting torment twice because of that so I had to run all the way to a clear spot but yeah could had cast a haunt to avoid that. But dunno maybe I am still missing something... maybe because my latency isnt the best one because I don't live in US so I play with 140-200ms every day, maybe I am missing some time. But yeah thanks a lot... anything you noticed that I was doing wrong as well?

Ps: Other thing I realized I got 4 more ticks of corruption than ticks of UA. This probably is something wrong I am doing about redotting UA correctly, correct if I am wrong. I always try to cast UA between 3s and 2s of his duration on the mob to reapply it as soon he got off or apply it while it will have the last tick.. The only exception to that is when I had to cast Haunt before it.

Who's your DI target? The uptime of your DI is only 86.6%, and it fell off 7 times making it have to ramp up again.

Pretty sure I dark intented the boomkim. What a crap refresh rate from him... Will check this with him today.

Deleted
    Hello fellow warlocks, I feel like I'm underperforming with my gear as affliction. I think the problem lies with me doing nothing with procs like volcano and power torrent and letting shadow embrace fall off when i'm draining soul or have to switch targets for a while.

I've frapsed a BH25 where I ended up doing a mere 21k dps.
    My armory is carlsaganx on outland (can't post links in first post)
    In the vid I used i359 chest and belt.
    wwwDOTyoutubeDOTcom/watch?v=yoALwkTsXok

I'd like to request some help from an experienced MM hunter. While I do not have logs available, I can state what I know and my rotation and such.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...abomb/advanced

On most firelands fights I seem to peak up at 22-23kish but end the fight at 19-20.

My Rotation is Serpent Sting>Chimera>Steady Shotx2>Aimed shot for fillers. I tried using arcane shot but it actually lowered my DPS. I feel like I should be doing more DPS but cant seem to break it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joels View Post
    I'd like to request some help from an experienced MM hunter. While I do not have logs available, I can state what I know and my rotation and such.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...abomb/advanced

On most firelands fights I seem to peak up at 22-23kish but end the fight at 19-20.

My Rotation is Serpent Sting>Chimera>Steady Shotx2>Aimed shot for fillers. I tried using arcane shot but it actually lowered my DPS. I feel like I should be doing more DPS but cant seem to break it.
    Ah this must've popped up on the front page. This is a warlock thread.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by broseidonx View Post
    Hello fellow warlocks, I feel like I'm underperforming with my gear as affliction. I think the problem lies with me doing nothing with procs like volcano and power torrent and letting shadow embrace fall off when i'm draining soul or have to switch targets for a while.

I've frapsed a BH25 where I ended up doing a mere 21k dps.
    My armory is carlsaganx on outland (can't post links in first post)
    In the vid I used i359 chest and belt.
    wwwDOTyoutubeDOTcom/watch?v=yoALwkTsXok
    As far as I can see, your spec is ok, your rotation is ok. I couldn't check out your gear since you were in PvP gear on the armory. And 21k isn't too bad depending on RNG.

Hi Warlocks!

First off, I have been playing this game for over 6 years now, but did so as a Priest (a healer at that, never played shadow). I am REALLY wanting to switch mains to my Warlock, but I am very unsure of myself. I have done a lot of reading and pewpew the training dummies face off, but I wanted some feedback.

Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Emees/advanced
    Here is a log of Occ, only fight I have right now: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...um/damageDone/

Any pointers/tips/help/reccomendations/etc would be very greatly appreciated!
    Basically, I just need some reassurance. Am I doing it right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ainra View Post
    Hi Warlocks!

First off, I have been playing this game for over 6 years now, but did so as a Priest (a healer at that, never played shadow). I am REALLY wanting to switch mains to my Warlock, but I am very unsure of myself. I have done a lot of reading and pewpew the training dummies face off, but I wanted some feedback.

Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Emees/advanced
    Here is a log of Occ, only fight I have right now: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...um/damageDone/

Any pointers/tips/help/reccomendations/etc would be very greatly appreciated!
    Basically, I just need some reassurance. Am I doing it right?
    Small disclaimer before you read on; I'm tired 'cus it's friday.

First of all, check the gem in your belt. Change it to +40 int.

Then, on Occu'thar, your DI only had roughly 70% uptime. Check the DI thread.

Then your dots. Terrible, terrible uptime. That's where your biggest problem is. Use Haunt on CD, make sure to keep your dots up (Google: Clipping, or short version: Cast UA when it's on for about 2 seconds more, same with BoD).. Wait what, BoD 72% uptime? It ticks once every 15 seconds so when it has 14 sec left you can already refresh it, making it close-to-100% uptime.

Fix this, do DPS, profit

You're a bit wrong about those uptimes, if you take a look at the boss details instead of overall, you'll notice better uptimes.

What I see going wrong in that fight is that the AoE on eyes seems to be bad. On the AoE phases you were off the boss long enough to let Haunt, Corruption, Unstable Affliction and Shadow Embrace fall off. What you can do to fix that is to cast Haunt on the boss when it's off cooldown, AoE or not, the 1.3 seconds of lost AoE shouldn't matter and by recasting Haunt only UA will fall off while the others get refreshed.

You should stay close to the boss the entire time to allow you to Shadowflame him, you only used it for AoE but it's actually better than SB single target.

Also, start the pull with a shadow bolt, the crit debuff doesn't update on the go like other debuffs so dots put up before Shadow and Flame is present won't get benefit from the 5% crit.

Otherwise you're not doing so bad, not sure why the shadow priest failed you and let your DI fall off several times, but you're at least correct in that spriests are the usually good DI targets.