Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I might aswell go to bed on Fridays :>

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    Greeting fellow warlocks, i am in need of some assistance please.

start with SB,coe, pop demonsoul moonwell and demon form, immo hoG, corr BoD, am using the felhunter at p1 and p3, but on p2 i use fel guard to help on adds and aoe. use second demonform on first wave adds (not the hammer adds, sorry for got the names), and after smash i pop trinket demon form.
    The first significant dps loss i see is NOT starting with Felguard. Felguard Demon Soul is necessary for Demo to do competitive Damage.

So your starting rotation should be pre-pot, sb, coe, pop moonwell and meta (using a castsequence macro or meta wont pick up mastery boost), demon soul, summon doomguard, felguard spin attack (lol forget the name), HOG and dots, then soul burn + summon felhunter. This will give you huge damage. Doomguard should do close to 1mm damage by himself.

When meta is about to come off of CD, hard cast summon felguard and keep him up until P3. After second set of Sons mopped up, you can switch to felhunter for rest of fight.

(btw, some people soul burn+soul harvest before pull but not necessary as this fight had adds to recover shards)

Thank you very much for the advice! I know one fight (and an easy AOE one at that) isn't the best to show, so I really appreciate the feedback. I will work on everything suggested. Thanks again

Hello, here is some discription: 3 weeks ago I got back to game after a month break. I managed to find a new guild and get some firelands epics. Point is I feel like doing worse dps than I used to even in tier 11 raids. I think I'm capable to pull more than 17/18k. Unfortunately I can't post any links yet. But you may check my armory- Gangsta Darksorrow or check WoL- my guild is called ensuna. I may private message all the links too.

I would be very greatful for help, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangstaa View Post
    Hello, here is some discription: 3 weeks ago I got back to game after a month break. I managed to find a new guild and get some firelands epics. Point is I feel like doing worse dps than I used to even in tier 11 raids. I think I'm capable to pull more than 17/18k. Unfortunately I can't post any links yet. But you may check my armory- Gangsta Darksorrow or check WoL- my guild is called ensuna. I may private message all the links too.

I would be very greatful for help, cheers.
    I'm gonna base my analysis on your latest Baleroc kill since that fight is the one closest to a simple tank and spank.

First of all, destruction is the lowest of the three specs this patch. If you are forced to play the spec, or if you can't play other specs and don't want to learn them, or if you just stubbornly prefer that spec over others, the least you can do is to get your spec right.

On to your gear, if you're gonna stay destruction you will have to get 30% raid buffed in order to not fall too far behind the other specs, right now you're not even close. Here is some changes I would do to your gear, the first set is your current gear, the second set is different reforging and gemming of your current gear, the third set is replacing your main hand weapon (you would have to hope for some luck on Rhyolith) and changing some reforges and gems in order to reach 30% buffed haste.

Now finally looking at the fight, I like the uptime of your dots, especially Corruption and Bane of Doom, you let Immolate fall off for a few seconds when running to the shard (remember to keep it up with Fel Flame while moving!) but nothing too bad. The uptime of Improved Soul Fire is absolutely horrendous (60%, there were three huge gaps of 15-60 seconds where you didn't have the buff), learn to weave in hard casted soul fires in your rotation.

You used Nether Ward two times when you didn't absorb any damage, those are wasted cooldowns. There were also a couple of shard soaks where you didn't use Nether Ward at all, you should have used it then to help the healers.

I see no Shadowflame. Use it.

The fight lasted 340 seconds and in that time you cast 31 Conflagrates, by using it on cooldown you could possibly have fit in 10 more. Same with Chaos Bolt, but not as bad, you could possibly have fit in 5 more.

Shadowflame isn't always possible on Baleroc

From my 10-man experience it actually seems like the shard will nearly always prefer players at or near melee range. I don't have any confirmed sources on that, but it doesn't sound unlikely that it has been designed that way in order to not screw over melee heavy 10-mans. Besides, the chances of there not being a single opportunity to cast Shadowflame are rather slim.

I also forgot to mention this in my first post, but the glyph choices aren't optimal either, you want to switch Glyph of Incinerate for Glyph of Imp and Glyph of Shadow Bolt for Glyph of Life Tap. The last one is only a minimal gain, but you will most likely cast LT more often that you cast SB.

In 25 if you're soaking crystals you won't get a chance to Shadowflame, I didn't look at his logs to see if it was 25 or 10 though.

If anyone has time, could you check out my logs and point me in the right direction. I feel my dps is way too low for the gear I have. Raiding as demo right now for firelands, I don't have as much experience on demo as I use to raid as affliction and destruction for wotlk and vanilla, but I have read all the guides several times.
    major domo -- worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mz7xkfzkr8a0rkxy/sum/damageDone/?s=5149&e=5538
    baleroc -- worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n3nzarq3fg78w0hf/sum/damageDone/?s=12541&e=12774
    my current armor -- us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Accuface/simple
    dark intent are on a boomkin for these fights.

Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by totalxtc View Post
    If anyone has time, could you check out my logs and point me in the right direction. I feel my dps is way too low for the gear I have. Raiding as demo right now for firelands, I don't have as much experience on demo as I use to raid as affliction and destruction for wotlk and vanilla, but I have read all the guides several times.
    major domo -- worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mz7xkfzkr8a0rkxy/sum/damageDone/?s=5149&e=5538
    baleroc -- worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n3nzarq3fg78w0hf/sum/damageDone/?s=12541&e=12774
    my current armor -- us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Accuface/simple
    dark intent are on a boomkin for these fights.

Thanks for reading.
    An important note you didn't mention yourself, you used Rune of Zeth instead of Moonwell Chalice. Make sure you use MWC and use Metamorphosis together with that trinket.

Baleroc:
    - Unlike you said yourself, you didn't have DI on the boomkin. In fact, you didn't have DI on anyone.
    - Incredibly sloppy dot uptimes.
    - Try starting the fight with a felguard and use the Demon Soul: Felguard and Felstorm before Soulburning out a felhunter.
    - Your Doomguard only did 650k damage, that's very bad for a mastery stacking demo lock. On a fight like baleroc there's no burn phase that you should save it for, therefore you should use it in the beginning when all your procs are up.

Majordomo:
    - Incredibly sloppy dot uptimes. You had a whole minute where BoD wasn't up!?
    - Again, start the fight with a felguard and switch to felhunter as soon as you've used Demon Soul and Felstorm, swap back to felhunter.
    - You didn't use Doomguard, as a mastery stacking demo lock that could have been an extra 1-1.3M damage if used together with MWC (which you didn't even have equipped) and other procs.
    - The time between the activation of your two last metamorphosis was 3.5 minutes. Even with the worst possible luck in the world that shouldn't have exceeded 3 minutes. Use it on cooldown and remember that Impending Doom reduces that cooldown, or in the case where you actually remember to use MWC, ut is every two minutes when MWC is up.

Are you using an addon to track your dots? If not, get one and get used to using it. If yes, start looking at it or get a better one which will better show you when your dots are down or when they need refreshing.

hi! I`ve got a question
    I play Demo spec on Ragnaros and I use moonwell chalice & darkmoon card volcano
    usually I use this macro:
    /use moonwell chalice
    /cast Demon soul

then I Use Demon form.
    so, how I should use my cooldowns during this fight?
    shoul I wait my macro`s CD if my demon form is already ready due to Impending Doom talent?
    thx and I`m sorry for my eanglish

If you macro them together you won't get the benefit from moonwell chalice as meta, you have to cast chalice separately and first.

Read that again, he's got Demon Soul and MWC in a separate macro which he uses before Meta.

To answer the question, you should wait with using Meta until your MWC and Demon Soul is ready again, unless you've been lucky on your Impending Doom procs and would have to wait something like 40+ seconds.

thanks Sakpoth, gonna try to improve on this. Appreciate u taking the time to look over the logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Read that again, he's got Demon Soul and MWC in a separate macro which he uses before Meta.
    Lol whoops

My point still stands at least >.>

Deleted
    Hi would like a little help, lately i've switched mains and trying to get into my warlock. I've been raiding in firelands and seems i'm rather lucky with the loot however my dps isn't really improving. So would like some input if possible ... heres my log for the majordomo fight

MajorDomo :worldoflogs.com/reports/d847ej3sipcuryyr/details/11/?s=8207&e=8618
    linked this fight because on baleroc there was some confusion who took which shard of torment so i ended up running round like a headless chicken.

Armory :eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/nader/simple

There's my armory, also while i'm on here it would be amazing if anyone could recommend any addons to help out.
    Excuse me if my talents / glyphs are wrong just copied them off a friend, never really intended to raid on this but needs must i guess.

Thanks in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated

Deleted
    Hi !

I'm playing a destruction warlock for few weeks. I just read the destro guide from here and got some answers but I'll appreciate if any of us give me some advices to improve cycle and dps

I recorded a short video to show my actual priority : youtu.be/SEw6Q5ABq6g?hd=1
    World of logs on raid (Mojordomo 25 normal) : worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-61jdvqkefqiw8k4n/details/3/
    Armurery : eu.battle.net/wow/fr/character/conseil-des-ombres/Shipow/advanced

Thank you for your help !

---------- Post added 2011-08-22 at 01:54 PM ----------

hi Nader, we are both in the same situation !!
    I took a look on your logs and saw that your improved soul fire buff uptime is too low (44%) you should try to maintain it up throughout the fight, this should greatly improve the dps. I recommend you to use "power aura" add-on to help you.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, I'm new to Affliction (formerly Destro)...

Based on my gear level, my dps seems very low. I see many locks pulling well into the 30k range on Baleroc, while I only did 25k & 26k.

Armory us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Stonemaul/Haize/advanced

Regarding my gear, I tried out demo briefly last week, so the Lavawalker is usually Haste, I just didn't see the need to re-enchant since we were done raiding for the week. Also, I had 2pc T11hc during these parses (swapped in T12 robe), so my reforging was slightly different. Should I make a chardev profile of my old gear?

I'm including 2 weeks of Baleroc and Staghelm if it helps to evaluate my performance.
    Baleroc 8/17 worldoflogs.com/reports/6tapan40q4qk9hkx/details/5/?s=9603&e=9875
    Staghelm 8/17 worldoflogs.com/reports/6tapan40q4qk9hkx/details/5/?s=10873&e=11291
    Baleroc 8/9 worldoflogs.com/reports/ov6t2jg7l75balmf/details/6/?s=11195&e=11468
    Staghelm 8/9 worldoflogs.com/reports/ov6t2jg7l75balmf/sum/damageDone/?s=12767&e=13183

I am guessing due to the nature of how hectic Rag is, it may be hard to evaluate, however, please let me know if I'm doing something glaringly wrong... again, I had always done this encounter as Destro previously.

Ragnaros 8/23 worldoflogs.com/reports/1l7u73aasp2mjomj/details/8/?s=11145&e=11765
    Ragnaros 8/10 worldoflogs.com/reports/0wwclr78zi2ylk1h/details/0/?s=733&e=1323

Finally, you guys are doing a huge service to the Warlock and raiding community, so thank you very much. Has written or considered writing a guide to how you guys are using WoL to evaluate and improve our DPS? Like a Lock specific checklist? I feel as though I just use WoL as a beefed-up Recount, but I know there is much more potential to analyze the data.

Thank you sincerely,
    Haize.
    Last edited by Haize of Stonemaul; 2011-08-23 at 08:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to have good uptime on your dots but I'm fairly sure you can improve most of em
    uptime on haunt, corruption and bane of doom should be around 99%
    Maybe try to use some more shadowflames.
    After looking at raidcomp it seems you lack 5% haste.

from what i see on gear, it's fine however, I'd change the gems in the shoulders en chest to +40 int gems.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I made tradeoffs that I thought were bigger gains...

Shoulders: -10 Int for +20 Haste
    Chest: -20 Int for +20 Haste & +20 Int

However, if I understand the stat weights properly, Int is worth ~2.5x Haste and ~1.6 Hit. Makes me wish they kept the Red/Blue combo from T11. Thanks.

Is it better to recast a dot early for greater uptime vs. letting it drop off for for a fraction of a second? I was under the impression that dot clipping was bad.