Page 84 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    The Main issues are #1 Running the wrong Demo spec. #2 Dot up-times. Also depending on which trinkets they use for demo, it could be a rotation issue.
    Any suggestions on where to go to look up the proper spec, since I thought they got it off of EJ..?
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    Any suggestions on where to go to look up the proper spec, since I thought they got it off of EJ..?
    Here's where I enter with my /paste rant.

The incin spec was designed out of BiS gear for a single target, patchwork style fight for ~400 dps increase, with a chance for more. This being said, it is VERY gear and fight specific. It is only really valid on Ultrax (although this fight is already bugged for demo with not getting the HoG aura on Ultrax), Zon Normal, Zon HM IF your assignment is to sit on the boss/claw and no other adds, Hagara IF you stack in the middle for ice phase and sit on her in melee and get lucky procs, Yor (normal/HM) IF you're assigned to sit on Yor and not oozes,etc. Also, because it's gear specific, you should be simming it first to see if it's an increase at all at your gear setup, usually trinkets make or break it.

EJ labels the two demo specs (incinerate and shadowbolt spec) and single target and multi target specs, respectively. That being said, Elitist Jerks writes their stuff towards an informed audience, that is usually more knowledgable than the average player. EJ person will see the differences and understand them, a normal player will just see single and multi target and run with it.

EDIT for actually information to help: If he's demo, he should be the shadowbolt spec. Basically the same old shadowbolt spec we've always been playing in Cata. And if he feels like oh yea, that incinerate spec sounds nifty again, he should sim it before touching it.
    Last edited by gracfuldeath; 2012-03-22 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gracfuldeath View Post
    Here's where I enter with my /paste rant.

The incin spec was designed out of BiS gear for a single target, patchwork style fight for ~400 dps increase, with a chance for more. This being said, it is VERY gear and fight specific. It is only really valid on Ultrax (although this fight is already bugged for demo with not getting the HoG aura on Ultrax), Zon Normal, Zon HM IF your assignment is to sit on the boss/claw and no other adds, Hagara IF you stack in the middle for ice phase and sit on her in melee and get lucky procs, Yor (normal/HM) IF you're assigned to sit on Yor and not oozes,etc. Also, because it's gear specific, you should be simming it first to see if it's an increase at all at your gear setup, usually trinkets make or break it.

EJ labels the two demo specs (incinerate and shadowbolt spec) and single target and multi target specs, respectively. That being said, Elitist Jerks writes their stuff towards an informed audience, that is usually more knowledgable than the average player. EJ person will see the differences and understand them, a normal player will just see single and multi target and run with it.

EDIT for actually information to help: If he's demo, he should be the shadowbolt spec. Basically the same old shadowbolt spec we've always been playing in Cata. And if he feels like oh yea, that incinerate spec sounds nifty again, he should sim it before touching it.
    This rant actually goes a long way with helping me work with my guildie. Now here's hoping they'll see reason and not just use the cop-out "Imma use the spec I wanna use"... since without changing things, it's literally better to bring a LFR pug than our half-Heroic geared LEgendary lock.

Edit: Er, waitasec... For better single-target damage, they should actually be using the "multi-target" shadowbolt spec?
    Last edited by Bane Falcon; 2012-03-22 at 07:45 AM.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

The 3/31/7 spec is good for fights where you sit on the boss. Namely, fights where you do not hard-cast Immolate more than once.

For fights where you will hard-cast Immolate semi-frequently (if you switch to adds, double dot, etc.), 0/31/10 is better.

Deleted
    Hey all fellow warlocks
    Iam a longtime stalker here but i generally dont post very often so therefor i cant do links so you are gonna have to see what parts i removed in the URL its very simple, anyways.
    Armory :eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/neptulon/Drnasty/simple
    WoL: worldoflogs.com/guilds/175444/

I dont know really which fight to link so gave a link to the guilds website and u can pick whichever u want, since im the one logging i should be in everyone if im not logging from my priest alt. Anyways iam looking for tips how to improve my dps in any, type of fight but since most things are applied to single target its probably mostly gonna be that. But i would like ANY tip, i mean fight specific things is something i value highly.
    My specc is demonology and since im the only provider of the 10% SP buff i think im gonna stay that, Also we are progressing on H warmaster atm, got a few tries that lasted for like 30 sec in P2 but some tips of how i can improve in that fight since i feel kind of unexperienced there would be valued highly too.

Thank you in Before-hand

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    This rant actually goes a long way with helping me work with my guildie. Now here's hoping they'll see reason and not just use the cop-out "Imma use the spec I wanna use"... since without changing things, it's literally better to bring a LFR pug than our half-Heroic geared LEgendary lock.

Edit: Er, waitasec... For better single-target damage, they should actually be using the "multi-target" shadowbolt spec?
    As Inactivity stated, it's good for fights where you do not hardcast immolate more than once.

BUTTTTT. It is still a sim before use spec. I have seen others' sims where it was a dps loss for their current gear. I have seen my own sims where it was a dps loss for my current gear (especially if I was using MWC). I have done sim where it was a dps loss for others in their current gear. I have also seen and done sime where it was a dps gain in my/their current gear. I have also seen sims where the dps gain/loss was <10 dps.

Quote Originally Posted by gracfuldeath View Post
    As Inactivity stated, it's good for fights where you do not hardcast immolate more than once.

BUTTTTT. It is still a sim before use spec. I have seen others' sims where it was a dps loss for their current gear. I have seen my own sims where it was a dps loss for my current gear (especially if I was using MWC). I have done sim where it was a dps loss for others in their current gear. I have also seen and done sime where it was a dps gain in my/their current gear. I have also seen sims where the dps gain/loss was <10 dps.
    So, rotationally, what's the difference between the two specs? Because all I see is a difference between 3/3 in one tier-one talent in one tree compared to the other.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the 3/31/7 spec you only use Incinerate for filler, while in the 0/31/10 spec you use Shadow Bolt and only use Incinerate when Molten Core procs.

mediocre dps=raid leader sad Plz help!

gracfuldeath, I have been in demo spec for the past month working through heroic DS10m with my guild. First of all I would like to say a big thanks to you and everyone else that offered tips and advice for me in the past. My DPS has greatly improved.

I still feel like I could be doing a LOT more DPS than I am currently doing and my raid leader is pushing for that as well. Below I will post the guild WoL so you can pick any recent raid to look at. My name is Duraglar. I have 397 gear level and am one week away from my legendary.

My biggest issues in the past have been DoT uptime. Recently I've been doing a lot better when I am actually ON THE BOSS but Warlord and Yor'sajh there is a lot of switching targets so my % uptime goes down. PLEASE HELP!

Armoury: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Duraglar/advanced

Guild WoL: worldoflogs.com/guilds/193607/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duraglar View Post
    gracfuldeath, I have been in demo spec for the past month working through heroic DS10m with my guild. First of all I would like to say a big thanks to you and everyone else that offered tips and advice for me in the past. My DPS has greatly improved.

I still feel like I could be doing a LOT more DPS than I am currently doing and my raid leader is pushing for that as well. Below I will post the guild WoL so you can pick any recent raid to look at. My name is Duraglar. I have 397 gear level and am one week away from my legendary.

My biggest issues in the past have been DoT uptime. Recently I've been doing a lot better when I am actually ON THE BOSS but Warlord and Yor'sajh there is a lot of switching targets so my % uptime goes down. PLEASE HELP!

Armoury: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Duraglar/advanced

Guild WoL: worldoflogs.com/guilds/193607/
    We're always glad to help here And I'm so glad others are helping out more, but more importantly, more consistently. Anyone who helps out here is awesome in my book.

Gear wise, good as far as I can see. I don't see anything standing out wrong.

For Warlord and Yor, whenever you have to turn off the boss, your % uptime will go down. Especially if you're unable to double dot. So just because numbers go down overall, doesn't mean your bad. Just need to make sure your uptimes are up where it matters.

First off, just things I'm seeing overall between Mor and Yor. You need to make sure you're popping your doomgaurd at the optimal point if you're popping it at the start (which is on most fights). The optimal time to pop the doom guard for most fights is during the opener, when you have as many procs proccing (power torrent, lightweave, WoU stacks) while your pre-pot is still active. You only got 630k on Mor, but almost 800k on Yor. Which is yay, but then on Yor it should ahve been double that with an 8min+ fight. Pop at the start, then again when it's off CD and hopefully with a proc. Your immolation aura should be treated in the same manner if you're in melee range, for the first meta it's popped with DG. And the rest...if you use an ICD tracker, it needs to be used within 20s of meta. If you don't, then meh and just pop when you pop meta. Just make sure that first one is with DG, where it's a lot better.

Speaking of popping things. We pop before dot. Unless boss mechanics dictate otherwise, which usually it doesn't, we pop meta and everything at the start. Then you dot. Your first BoD is VERY weak compared to what it could be if you put it up and then pop CDs.

Speaking of BoD, you're over clipping it. BoD is only clipped when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. Simply put, if you put BoD up with Meta, don't clip it when you don't have meta. Never clip your first BoD since it is amazin (lots of procs and DS:Felguard), in fact you should be refreshing it after the 30s mark but before meta falls off for two extra stronger ticks (still don't clip it). When in doubt, don't clip.

Always shadowflame on CD when in melee range. Always. It's not only a dps gain for us, but it's also an extra dot for our felhunter to go chomp on.

Otherwise, your dot uptime looks relatively fine. On a fight like Yor, just try to minimize the time between when your dot falls off Yor and the time you get to get back to Yor. Using our lock portal to put yourself at the stack point cuts out a lot of movement.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duraglar View Post
    Duraglar, I'd be interested to know what addons you use to track your DoTs (if you like addons or not). When I started raiding, my biggest issue was DoT uptime as well, and I started using ForteXorcist, and after I configured it the way I wanted, my DPS improved signficantly. It may be something you want to check out. It has the ability to track DoTs on each of your targets, the duration left, when they tick (also adjusts itself to take haste into account for events like Bloodlust or a trinket proc), cooldowns of your abilities, and personal buffs/debuffs so you know the optimal time to reapply your DoTs if needed and when to pop your Doomguard.

Hi guys! What is now a demo or destro lock's dps for 10 hc yorsahj? I cant manage it above 24k.... Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraen View Post
    Hi guys! What is now a demo or destro lock's dps for 10 hc yorsahj? I cant manage it above 24k.... Thx!
    If you just want to compare your numbers to that of other locks, you can see that on RaidBots. Looking at the median of the Top 100 parses, demonology does about 47.8k and destro does 44.8k. Comparing with all parses, demonology has a median of 34.6k and destro 32.5k.

If you want help with your dps I would suggest parsing a log on World of Logs and let us look at it. However if you can't beat 24k dps I can only say that you are either severely undergeared or need to completely relearn your class. While that may sound harsh, it's also true. 24k is below the 10th percentile of all warlock parses of this boss and indicates a serious lack of knowledge of your class and how to adapt to fights.

Back again sorry for being late...
    Im actually a destro lock but tried the demo for yorsahj hc and nothing has changed. If you could firstly manage the destro that would be great!
    So. At other fights im easily above 24k, lastly i had 31k in BH. But on other Ds bosses its at least 28k.
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Tyraen/simple
    I had 2,6k haste but with it i did lesser dps so i reforged to mastery and now its fairly good.
    worldoflogs.com/reports/vt20gm8u03jhoueb/sum/damageDone/
    worldoflogs.com/reports/minspbj5tlvb0d4u/
    These are for that night on yorsahj hc.
    I think its not harsh what you said. If i have to than i ve to!
    Thank you for helping!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraen View Post
    Back again sorry for being late...
    Im actually a destro lock but tried the demo for yorsahj hc and nothing has changed. If you could firstly manage the destro that would be great!
    So. At other fights im easily above 24k, lastly i had 31k in BH. But on other Ds bosses its at least 28k.
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Tyraen/simple
    I had 2,6k haste but with it i did lesser dps so i reforged to mastery and now its fairly good.
    worldoflogs.com/reports/vt20gm8u03jhoueb/sum/damageDone/
    worldoflogs.com/reports/minspbj5tlvb0d4u/
    These are for that night on yorsahj hc.
    I think its not harsh what you said. If i have to than i ve to!
    Thank you for helping!
    Most of your attempts are very short and you don't have any kill, giving a good analysis of going through all of them would be rather time consuming. Instead I'll give a short description of what you should be doing, and you can do your own analysis by taking a mental note on what you're doing differently.

Destruction
    I take it as a given that you know your single target rotation so I won't go into detail on that.

Stick the imp on Yor'Sahj and keep him there, you shouldn't need for your imp to help out on any adds. Start out your rotation as you normally would and move in towards the center while casting your instant casts, once you're at the center drop down a portal, this will save you a lot of running for later. When the globules spawn run out towards the designated kill target while also keeping up the dps on Yor'Sahj by using instants and Fel Flame. Don't run much further than the edge of the water you should reach the globule from there. Whenever you use an instant on the globule run towards Yor'Sashj during the GCD. Try to also keep up dots on Yor'Sashj while killing the globule. Once the globule is dead, if you're still far away from Yor'Sahj teleport back, or if you're already close just continue dps on him while positioning yourself in accordance to how your raid require you to with that specific colour combination.

With blue, either keep a second set of dots on the mana void of your raid keeps it alive, or quickly kill it while keeping Yor'Sahj dotted if that's your raid's tactic. On black, throw up Immolate on the adds as soon as they spawn, once they're all stacked start AoEing with Shadowflame and Rain of Fire, but still keep Yor'Sahj dotted. The other colours don't require anything other than positioning.

Demonology
    The tactics are mostly the same as for destruction, but there's some added complexity with swapping pets for black phases and you will of course use Hellfire instead of Rain of Fire. Right before a black phase you want to either hard cast or use Soulburn to summon a felguard. You can keep the felguard out at all time, but if you get a phase without black, Soulburn a felhunter out as quickly as possible. You can use Drain Soul on the globules right before they die to keep up your Soul Shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Most of your attempts are very short and you don't have any kill, giving a good analysis of going through all of them would be rather time consuming. Instead I'll give a short description of what you should be doing, and you can do your own analysis by taking a mental note on what you're doing differently.

Destruction
    I take it as a given that you know your single target rotation so I won't go into detail on that.

Stick the imp on Yor'Sahj and keep him there, you shouldn't need for your imp to help out on any adds. Start out your rotation as you normally would and move in towards the center while casting your instant casts, once you're at the center drop down a portal, this will save you a lot of running for later. When the globules spawn run out towards the designated kill target while also keeping up the dps on Yor'Sahj by using instants and Fel Flame. Don't run much further than the edge of the water you should reach the globule from there. Whenever you use an instant on the globule run towards Yor'Sashj during the GCD. Try to also keep up dots on Yor'Sashj while killing the globule. Once the globule is dead, if you're still far away from Yor'Sahj teleport back, or if you're already close just continue dps on him while positioning yourself in accordance to how your raid require you to with that specific colour combination.

With blue, either keep a second set of dots on the mana void of your raid keeps it alive, or quickly kill it while keeping Yor'Sahj dotted if that's your raid's tactic. On black, throw up Immolate on the adds as soon as they spawn, once they're all stacked start AoEing with Shadowflame and Rain of Fire, but still keep Yor'Sahj dotted. The other colours don't require anything other than positioning.

Demonology
    The tactics are mostly the same as for destruction, but there's some added complexity with swapping pets for black phases and you will of course use Hellfire instead of Rain of Fire. Right before a black phase you want to either hard cast or use Soulburn to summon a felguard. You can keep the felguard out at all time, but if you get a phase without black, Soulburn a felhunter out as quickly as possible. You can use Drain Soul on the globules right before they die to keep up your Soul Shards.
    As im mainly a destro lock: i thought so that im runnin too much. Im runnin out until i can reach it when it spawns....
    And i dont immolate the adds when they spawn but RoF immediately. Maybe thats my problem.

The demo is just a secondary talent, but its wise to remember this and keep it as an ace for later!
    Thx!!!

I know it's only a LFR, but I was wondering if I could get some pointers on how to increase my DPS a bit.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7fvniksyrrwszmgq/ WoL
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kielock/simple Armory

Deleted
    Hey all,

I recently rolled a warlock, and managed to get it up to 85. Went destruction, did a few dungeons/raids, and I'm wondering what I can do to improve.

Below my armory link and a WoL link for my first DS 10 normal.

Could you please give me some pointers on how to improve? Know I screwed up a few times with deaths on a few fights, but any help is always welcome!

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lakor/advanced
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/zv8d9o9yk1jts9vu/

I know I still gotta get rid of that OH Just haven't had any luck

Thanks in advance all! If any other information is required, I'll be happy to give you it

Just don't wanna get my raid team down, wanna boost my dps output to the max!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my current character: us.battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/jubeithos/Malvanis/advanced
    All logs bar ultraxion are done with 397 ICM. I feel like I could be pulling more dps (1-2k most fights) out of my current gear with accordance to EJ simcraft listings as T12H is at 38.4k and T13H is 51.2K dps giving my aproximately 44k dps on ultraxion according with extra gem sockets for gear as well as at least 6 ilvs on the T12 profile.

H Morchok: worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/mr6z7tbz9u4wtg0n/details/6/?s=2470&e=2713 (feel like I should be pushing 43k with havoc)
    H Yorsahj: worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/mr6z7tbz9u4wtg0n/details/6/?s=5174&e=5655 (mainly unsure off portal placement and havoc usage)
    H Zonoz: worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/22hyak3zf40d0yqh/details/9/?s=6370&e=6721 (havoc usage and pushing ~53k)
    H Ultraxion: worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/dwtsg077jauja1ug/details/4/?s=751&e=1038 (feel like I should be pushing 43k similar to morchok with lack of havoc rather than movement)

Thank you for any help you can give me. =D

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvanis View Post
    H Ultraxion: worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/dwtsg077jauja1ug/details/4/?s=751&e=1038 (feel like I should be pushing 43k similar to morchok with lack of havoc rather than movement)

Thank you for any help you can give me. =D
    I was unable to pull up the logs other than Ultraxion, (it said "you don't have permission"... weird) but a couple things I noticed:

1. You used Blood Fury after you popped your Doomguard. Try to use it before.
    2. Barring that it procs immediately, I try to use Demon Soul in conjunction with IotCM proccing. The cooldowns don't line up exactly but you can usually get the first 2 to line up pretty closely. There was a 5 or 6 second break between when Velocity procced and then you used Demon Soul. This delay also lead to you not being able to line the two up very closely the second time Velocity came up.
    3.The second time Velocity procs is also when I would use my second potion, and by the time your second Demon Soul came up (see #2), Velocity had already faded, and then you used your second potion.
    4. Your DI uptime was 88%. You'll have near 100% if you put it on the Paladin this fight, unless your Fire Mage whines about it.
    5. Don't think of this fight as a Patchwerk fight. Fading Light/Hour of Twilights affect your DPS more than you'd think. For 20 seconds you had to sit and basically do nothing because of it this fight.
    6. Don't clip your first Bane of Doom. It's baller.
    7. Remember those sims of T13H gear also assume you have Dragonwrath, which you don't.
    8. Everything you did was near perfect this fight, so I really wouldn't worry about your DPS.

Other than this there's really not much else I see.