Page 88 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inactivity View Post
    There's a double benefit, which is that you have a stacked Will of Unbinding and your procs are more likely to be up (Lightweave and Power Torrent). I'm not actually sure if it is a huge benefit, but basically you will get a superpowered Will of Unbinding (keep in mind the first cast of BoD also adds a stack with a 1 second global), and I think it does end up being more beneficial (in terms of DPET) with all your procs (Demon Soul, Temporal Ruin) than a shadow bolt cast. Keep in mind shadow bolt does not scale as highly with Spell Power as BoD. Also, you will get 5 ticks instead of 4, as follows:

Cast Bane of Doom. The first tick will happen in 15 seconds with 60 seconds remaining.
    Within 15 seconds (easily possible to get high WoU stacks + completed opener as affliction, with the haste + opener lust) cast Bane of Doom again. There are now up to 75 seconds remaining with the first tick at the 60 second mark.

You now get 5 ticks that are more superpowered, instead of 4 less superpowered ticks due to procs + Will of Unbinding. They will tick at 60, 45, 30, 15, 0 seconds remaining.
    You're can actually hurt yourself, in terms of DPET, by recasting it. Assuming GCD of 1.2s, 2/2 Pandemic, The Execute time of BoD is .7s. Lets just ignore procs atm, base average tick is 10k.

For a normal BoD, DPET would be ~57k (10k * 4 ticks / 0.7 GDC cast).
    For your BoD, DPET would be ~42k (10k * 6 ticks / (0.7 + 0.7) GCD cast twice).

Because I can't find the BoD dmg equation, we're just going to assume more, but larger numbers. A BoD with PT or Lightweave does 15k. A BoD with Both does 20k. 1 stack of WoU adds 1k. So we have a max of 30k. For your opener, I will give you 1 WoU stack for the first BoD cast (because of range, only the Shadowbolt will have hit by the time you cast BoD. Although at max range, it's 0 stacks 8/10 tries on a dummy), and 10 stacks by the time you refresh it. So 1 tick at 1 stack, 5 ticks at 10 stacks. For my opener, I will give 2 stacks of WoU on the BoD application (2 for max range, 3 for short range though). I know PT=/=Lightweave in proc, but I'm trying to simplify some of the math. And because of the buff length of PT/Lightweave, they can be only active on one of the two BoD's you put up.

So, for my opener, always 2 stacks of WoU when BoD is casted: If Nothing procs by the time BoD is casted, DPET of 68.5k. If Lightweave or PT proc before BoD goes up, 97.1k. If both Lightweave and PT proc before BoD goes up, 125.7k.

For your opener, always 1 stack of WoU on first BoD tick, 10 stacks of WoU on second cast of BoD that has 5 ticks: If nothing procs for either BoD cast, DPET of 79.2k. If PT or Lightweave proc for only for first application of BoD, DPET is 82.8k. If PT and Lightweave proc for first app of BoD, DPET is 86.4k. If PT proc first cast, LW second cast (or vice versa since I made them equal value), DPET is 100.7k. If PT or LW proc second tick only, DPET is 97.1k. If Both PT/LW proc for second tick only, DPET is 115k.

So let's summarize then. Best case for my opener, everything procs before BoD is casted, 125.7k DPET. Best case for your opener, Both PT/LW proc for second cast of BoD, DPET is 115k. Second best options for both are ~100k. For both our best options, certain circumstances have to happen. For mine, both PT/LW have to proc on the first 3 hits (SB, Haunt, UA). Possible? Yes, reliable? Not so much. For Just one to proc? Much more reliable, so we're at 97k DPET. For yours, both PT/LW have to proc between the two BoD casts. Reliable? Yea, but they have to line up right. PT is only 12s, it's very possible for it to proc on BoD, but then to fall off before LW procs. You'd hope for LW to proc first since it's longer and will last the entire duration between BoD ticks if it procs on the first cast.

Because it is already confirmed that holding off on BoD casting at all is a dps loss, we still have cast it near the start and not just delay it. If you're going to micro manage your dots, you can micro manage them in a way that recasting BoD in your method is beneficial. But it is not always going to happen, it is an on the spot situational call, therefore it can not have it's place changed in the general opener which is not based on what procs when.

And just to through in a quick change to see what happens, many raiders like to go 1/2 Pandemic and add the Fel Synergy talent for pet heals. Doing that adds 0.25 to the GCD. Changing that GCD makes all options of yours lower in DPET than mine, except for the obvious ones (You having any procs when I get 0 procs are ofc better) and you getting a PT for one cast and a LW for the other beats me only getting one proc for my one cast.

tl;dr Yes, you are right in that it can be benifical to cast and refresh BoD in that manner, but it is very situation and can not be considered a change to a general opener. I suppose you can start with BoD after Haunt anyways, and just not refresh it if things don't work out right, but at the same time that's one less WoU stack. Ofc, that's assuming you're using WoU in the first place. And all that math was done with PT equalling LW, so the whole "if this procs on first one and the other on second one" stuff will differ slightly, but in the end it's still situational and can be a loss.
    Last edited by gracfuldeath; 2012-04-16 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gracfuldeath View Post
    I
    [/COLOR]
    Congrats on your Heroic Kill for that toon.

65 mastery to gloves will be of more benefit to you.

Your ISF time needs some improvement, only 89% for a complete standstill fight. Make sure you're using some sort of buff tracker to monitor this buff, that way you know better when to start hardcasting a new SF, it's usually between 2-4s left of the buff based on haste% and travel time. And your DI target, the mage, was very mean to you and didn't give you much DI uptime Try to see if he can improve, or toss it on the resto druid or another dps that can give better stack uptime. There's a few lists around in here and on EJ for DI targets and raid gain.

Dot uptime was pretty great, but as always there's room for improvement. Corruption was technically the lowest, but only at 95%. Just make sure you're not overclipping BoD. BoD is only clipped when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. When in doubt, don't clip. Could have also squeezed in a couple more shadowflames, make sure you're doing that on CD as best as you can.

Remember that DS:Imp only affects cast time spells, so while this does include the initial tick of immolate (and only the initial hit, not the dot itself), you're wasting a couple seconds of DS:Imp casting your other two dots and conflag if you pop DS:Imp before you start dotting. I usually recommend waiting till after you conflag, it'll give you at least one extra buffed incinerate. But still pop bloodfury before dotting.

Also, when under backdraft, use those stacks for Incinerate, not Chaos bolt. So it should be conflag > incinx3 > chaos bolt (assuming you don't need to hit any other spells/CDs)

Also make sure you're popping your doomguard at the The optimal time to pop the doom guard for most fights is during the opener, when you have as many procs proccing (power torrent, lightweave, WoU stacks) while your pre-pot is still active. What you ended up doing was popping Doomguard about 2s after Power Torrent faded, so you missed out on when you had PT/Lightweave up AND 10 WoU stacks. What I end up doing, is I have a weak aura setup to show my PT/Lightweave procs, and when both are procced it shows my doomguard is ready (if not on CD), timers under lightweave/PT for time left on them, and a stack counter on the doomguard icon for WoU stacks. Basically once I see the doomguard icon pop up, I wait till either lightweave or PT are about to run out before popping, to get as many WoU stacks as I can. Or if I already have 10 and the icon shows with both buffs up, I go ahead and pop it. It's basically a visual "Hey this spell will be extra awesome if you pop it about now" thing.
    Thanks for your help and advice. I do keep on forgetting to recast my ISF until there is 1 or 2 secs left on the buff. I should like you said track it with an addon and recast around 4. As far as my DS:IMP I have it macro with my bloodfury that is why it is the same time. So from what I can tell you are saying to pop bloodfury first than dot up the target than DS:IMP? As for backdraft tbh I completely forgot about the buff all together.

1) You have a window to refresh BoD to make sure you have maximum procs; this will be before your temporal ruin runs out. Hence you will almost always have PT and LW up at the same time since you have your Temp Ruin duration to get them up and get maximum WoU stacks.

2) You are only counting DPET. But my rotation is longer than yours. For the difference, in your rotation, you have nothing to do but shadow bolt which will greatly lower the average DPET of your rotation. Admittedly, I don't think GCD can ever dip below 1 second, meaning that your global will always be 1 second for BoD.

3) Your pet rarely dies in DS due to ticking damage (the only thing that kills it iirc is parasite explosion which is insta death) so Fel Synergy in DS is mostly junk. But this is irrelevant since GCD is really capped at 1 sec. Despite this, I'm arguing that it is still better to get that big BoD than waste a global shadow bolting.

4) Keep in mind my source for this originated from Firelands where it was "experimentally verified" to be a DPS gain. While this does not say much, the math does demonstrate it when done by me (I can give you a more detailed rundown), and it fits that if it may have been a gain in FL, it definitely is in DS, as with gear, BoD scales much, much more than shadow bolt with spell power and mastery.

5) The basic rundown is this. You have to compare the DPET from your Bane of Doom + DPET of shadow bolt from my second BoD DPET.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) You do have a window, I said that. But you're not guaranteed this window. If you're casting Soulburn after the first shadowbolt (before Haunt), that leaves 10 seconds minus Haunt Cast minus BoD GCD for Both PT and Lightweave to proc if we're adding in Temporal Ruin being up. Does this happen? Yes. Does it always happen? No. Unless you're best friends with the RNG gods, you're not guaranteed this window.

2/3) You only counted DPET as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inactivity
    I think it does end up being more beneficial (in terms of DPET)
    You're right in that I completely forgot about the 1s GCD thing (/facepalm myself). Changing the GCD to 1s (I have a spreadsheet for all of this) makes the DPET values I posted even more in favor towards not refreshing it. And side note, Fel Synergy may be junk, but 1/2 Pandemic isn't entirely junk if you're at the point that the extra .25 reduced GCD for Banes/Curses doesn't do anything since you're at 1s GCD with 1/2 already. But I do see where I should be counting in Shadowbolt in determining those DPETness, which would change things. (I guess that's 5?) EDIT: I did just realize a big error in my understanding of your method. I was assuming it already ticked once, then refreshed, giving 6 ticks total (1 tick +5 of your buffed ticks) when it's cast, recast before tick, total 5 ticks. But all that's going to do when corrected is lower your BoD dmg, but still with 2 casts.

4)The only time in FL where I ever heard any kind of BoD refreshing was with Demo and Meta/DS:Felguard/MWC and refreshing after the second tick. I would love to see the math to just see it, but that would belong more in a PM, since we're on a different topic than this thread.

As I said at the end of that post, "Yes, you are right in that it can be beneficial to cast and refresh BoD in that manner.." Also remember that you're making assumptions yourself. Not every lock is a tailor, so not every lock has lightweave. Not every lock has or uses WoU, top 3 afflic locks atm use HCoC/HICM as well as many others. You're BoD refresh method is very situational and not always a gain. For those that can do this method of your properly, it could be better to do BoD first and then make the judgement to refresh based on which procs are rolling, but always refreshing it regardless of what procs can and will be a dps loss at times, especially if you override a BoD that already has PT/LW for one that doesn't.

Therefore, because it is something that is very situational, gear/enchant based, and could really only be used appropriately by a lock who doesn't have problems with the normal rotation/dot uptimes, that means the opener I'm posting shouldn't be changed for this thread. This thread is 75% people new and still learning a lot, 15% people who know how to play but need more practice on Dots and stuff, 5% people who just need to realize exactly how things like Demon Soul: Specific Pet work with their dmging spells (meaning Imp is only cast time, or Felhunter is only dots and not auto applied when popped), and the other 5% is the rare person who is already great and looking for the tiny things (such as proc management or you're BoD thing, although I'm pretty sure casting BoD first but not refreshing it would be a dps loss, but the only basis behind that is every other opener argued about and EJ's posted opener, who gets extra math fancy, only puts BoD as second dot casted at most).

But honestly, I think any more of this belongs in a PM if we're going to continue this. Like I said, I would at least like to see your math.
    Last edited by gracfuldeath; 2012-04-16 at 04:04 PM.

I'll send you what I think, and yeah, the DPET is basically an analogy of the "driving there, 50mph, driving back, 100mph = 75mph average" fallacy which does not take into account that the trip one way is longer. So average DPET is simply the damage done over the first few seconds of rotation.

At any rate, while I know this is situational, and highly min-max oriented (meaning it does not lead to any totally, totally useful increase in total damage done, although keep in mind Ultraxion 25H was killed with <1 second to go on berserk)... but in general, most openers are by their nature that way. Switching the order in which Haunt and UA are cast in the beginning does very little total damage difference, but that's the point of the rotation, is to maximize it anyway. Lightweave and Power Torrent will almost always proc before Temporal Ruin is up; they do for me as demonology even though my haste is not especially high. Considering after the first BoD cast (which in itself has a chance to proc), your next casts are Haunt (1 sec), UA (1 sec), Corruption (1 sec) and then you will have time for up to 2 (3 if you are lucky/fast) shadow bolts, which is more than enough to proc a PT/LW. Also, since in many initial pulls Bloodlust is popped, you will get even more shadow bolt casts in almost guaranteeing the procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inhibition View Post
    As far as my DS:IMP I have it macro with my bloodfury that is why it is the same time. So from what I can tell you are saying to pop bloodfury first than dot up the target than DS:IMP? As for backdraft tbh I completely forgot about the buff all together.
    Pretty much yea. DS:Imp has no effect on your dots, other than the immo initial hit (which is meh compared to an incinerate). So by popping DS:Imp before dotting, you're losing 1 immo cast + 3 GCDs (3 GCDS come from Dotting BoD then conflag then dotting Corruption), which adds up to almost 5s based on your haste. That's at least 2 buffed incinerate casts you're missing out on (assuming no lust). But you still want to pop blood fury before dotting, because you want to buff your dots. It's not like, a significant lost to macro and pop before, but we generally don't like to pop a CD and benefit from it immediately :x

I just encountered something that really confused me. This isn't really a fix my dps question, but I felt starting a thread for just this isn't needed. I just ran a sim after acquiring some new gear and my scale factors have baffled me. More specifically my scale factor for haste after having reached the haste cap of 2681 isn't matching my expectations.

My question is, why is haste simming to be my highest scale factor when all information I've seen indicates that once you reach 2681 haste it will no longer be the best secondary stat?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aizayin/simple
    Sim: http://imgur.com/kRXrd
    In promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous panderosity.

Well, this probably isn't the answer your looking for, but -- everything I've seen says the only real stat weighting you can trust is what you sim out for yourself. Unless, of course, you're using the exact gear setup they're simming with to provide those stat weight lists you see.

Also, your guild's name is hilarious :P
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by kai zayin View Post
    I just encountered something that really confused me. This isn't really a fix my dps question, but I felt starting a thread for just this isn't needed. I just ran a sim after acquiring some new gear and my scale factors have baffled me. More specifically my scale factor for haste after having reached the haste cap of 2681 isn't matching my expectations.

My question is, why is haste simming to be my highest scale factor when all information I've seen indicates that once you reach 2681 haste it will no longer be the best secondary stat?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aizayin/simple
    Sim: http://imgur.com/kRXrd
    Off my head I can think of two reasons that haste is more valued than in a BiS set

1) no insignia
    2) no legendary

Hello there great warlocks, im currently on trial and here is my dps, its sucks. I've followed precisely with EJ, MMO-C warlock's guides and rotation, still my dps is very low. Help??

My Armory : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ezavi/advanced
    My Ultraxion 25m HM parse : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1245&e=1539

Quote Originally Posted by vadera View Post
    Hello there great warlocks, im currently on trial and here is my dps, its sucks. I've followed precisely with EJ, MMO-C warlock's guides and rotation, still my dps is very low. Help??

My Armory : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ezavi/advanced
    My Ultraxion 25m HM parse : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1245&e=1539
    1) You have too much hit
    2) Not enough haste
    3) You aren't using enough filler

Greetings friends

A few weeks ago I decided to start playing again after being inactive for three months. I transferred back to Horde and was lucky to get a spot into my previous raiding guild. In these last few days I have geared myself up as much as I can by doing RHC's and Raidfinder. Now while I'm not supergeared, I do believe I should be doing more dps than 20 tot 30k on the first bosses.

I've been playing Destruction for years and I know pretty well how my class works, so I don't think the problem lies there. This leads me to believe my problem is a gear-problem. Now, I don't have much gold atm so that explain why not all my gems are epic, but I don't believe my gems are the root of the problem. I've made myself believe that getting a new staff (the one from Hagara or from DW) will improve my dps by a k or 5. Am I a fool to believe this or will a new weapon indeed solve my dps issues?

On Morchock HC I barely did 30k, on zon'oz I never reached 30k and Yor'sahj wasn't so impressive either =(. I don't have a log atm, but here's my armory

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dawah/advanced

Thank you.

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Greetings friends

A few weeks ago I decided to start playing again after being inactive for three months. I transferred back to Horde and was lucky to get a spot into my previous raiding guild. In these last few days I have geared myself up as much as I can by doing RHC's and Raidfinder. Now while I'm not supergeared, I do believe I should be doing more dps than 20 tot 30k on the first bosses.

I've been playing Destruction for years and I know pretty well how my class works, so I don't think the problem lies there. This leads me to believe my problem is a gear-problem. Now, I don't have much gold atm so that explain why not all my gems are epic, but I don't believe my gems are the root of the problem. I've made myself believe that getting a new staff (the one from Hagara or from DW) will improve my dps by a k or 5. Am I a fool to believe this or will a new weapon indeed solve my dps issues?

On Morchock HC I barely did 30k, on zon'oz I never reached 30k and Yor'sahj wasn't so impressive either =(. I don't have a log atm, but here's my armory

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dawah/advanced

Thank you.
    50 int to bracers is a must. Make sure you're using some sort of reforge helper, like wowreforge.com. You're reforging a bit away from haste, which is :/ since you're haste is already pretty low.

The kicker is your gear is pretty low, like half 378. Crafted 397 bracers are second best to heroic Hagara bracers, so you should be able to get your hands on those somewhat easily. There's also crafted pants, which are pretty nice (hit/haste combo). Lack of 4pc is hurting a lot.

Glyph of Soul Link is much better than Fear, especially on progression.

But really, without logs, the only answer to your problems is work on getting better gear. Lots of LFR upgrades waiting for you too.

Rathrak is better than your current weapon, IMO.
    Bane of Doom could probably hit harder.

You need a log longer than 1:51 to really get a good picture. When does your guild lust?

Deleted
    hey Grace, i posted this comment on an older thread regarding heroic spine, but after a few days never got a response, so thought i'd post on main thread! Really appreciate some help when you have time. here's my post:

Hi Grace,
    Looking for some help here please if you can - am so frustrated I feel like hanging my cloak on the wall and stick in the closet. While I understand from all the reading that warlocks are simply terrible at heroic spine because of the lack of proper dps bursts like other classes, I've been still giving 110% when i get a chance at this boss - and yet still always seem to be the worst by a long shot. (ok i have had several goes just behind the retro pally, but still). I'd be thankful if you could give a quick glance at these logs from our guilds last raiding night and give me any suggestions you feel appropriate. I feel like i'm nailing the rotation and playing my ass off, however my raid leader pretty much busted my chops after every single go. And if i hear, "but you've got the legendary..." one more time gonna f%$king cram it up someone's a$$. Really appreciate your time when you can.

The logs: reports/rt-ax4hmx4i59sx1mmo/

my armory: wow/en/character/runetotem/Ruckerslock/simple

Just to say what i suppose is the obvious, to make your job easier. I'm destruction on this fight and of course using bottled wishes. Our guild has basically no problem getting to 3rd plate, and we kill each tendon in 2 goes... this was my first n ight past plate 3 - however guild has killed hc spine 1x last week (without me). While my dps in gerenal is lower on the algamations, i'm saving cds for the tendons. I start the rotation by popping DS, then soulburn/impsoulfire, then trinket immediately followed by my macro /tar burning tendon /cast immolate/corruption (i've tried a few times without) /conflag/incinerate, etc. if available shadowburn on CD. Our best go last night was around 22:00 as you can see from the logs, so if you want to comment there, please do. Sadly we wiped at like .001% as our shaman dropped at last second from over-run by bloods.

Please be so kind and tell me i don't suck as bad as my guild thinks I do and anything i can do, including the kitchen sink, to improve.

Thanks in advance,
    Ruckers

---------- Post added 2012-04-23 at 08:45 AM ----------

PS. My specific log if it wasn't obvious in the above post!

log: /reports/rt-ax4hmx4i59sx1mmo/details/7/

PPS. Specific question i forgot to ask in my original post: what exactly should i put up on spine for max dps? I'm not using BoA or BoD until thread plate, as i am saving my doomy for that one and the testdummies show i do more "burst" in 18 seconds by not casting BoA/BoD. really appreciate your comments.

Need help on spine tendon damage!

I seem to be topping out between 500 - 700k per lift on spine as Demo. I've done a lot of research and feel like I have a good handle one it. I'm using Sparkuggz macro /castsequence macro and pet twisting. I like to practice on fights like Acurion in HoT where I can reach about 63k dps.

I would appreciate it if someone would take a look at a couple of logs:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4353&e=4936
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2539&e=3104

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Tapit/advanced

Note: I was haste reforge instead of mastery reforge this week and it seems to help me have meta up every lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    Need help on spine tendon damage!

I seem to be topping out between 500 - 700k per lift on spine as Demo. I've done a lot of research and feel like I have a good handle one it. I'm using Sparkuggz macro /castsequence macro and pet twisting. I like to practice on fights like Acurion in HoT where I can reach about 63k dps.

I would appreciate it if someone would take a look at a couple of logs:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4353&e=4936
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2539&e=3104

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Tapit/advanced

Note: I was haste reforge instead of mastery reforge this week and it seems to help me have meta up every lift.
    You are using Metamorphosis too late. Meta is a 30s duration, Nuclear Blast is a 5s cast, there's a delay for the tendon lift and then then tendon is up for 18s. From logs you are Meta-ing after the Blast goes off. In between, you need to pop Immolation Aura (which I don't see damage from) and close the range. You're losing probably a global or two there.

Example:
    [21:13:04.754] Hideous Amalgamation Nuclear Blast Rainbowsgirl 30664 (R: 76661)
    [21:13:06.703] Tapit gains Metamorphosis from Tapit

There are a few other things that you're wasting globals on. You cast Doomguard post-tendon appearing - DG has a 40s duration so can be up before Nuclear Blast goes off. Your first spell on the Tendon is Bane of Doom - it should be Incinerate, to get Shadow and Flame up, since you have a Boomkin. Bane of Doom will still go off if it is cast as your 2nd or even your 3rd global. Finally, if you have your Felguard Felstorm during your first spell, it should be done after you cast HoG/Shadow Flame, and at that point you should pop your Felhunter.

I see you're using Moonwell, but you have that happening right before Meta. Because of the spacing of the plates, Moonwell should actually be cast 20 or so seconds before the Amalgamation starts on the blast - as MWC is about to expire, you snapshot the Mastery with your Meta. Then after the blast goes off, you leap/port then pop aura, and SB/VP trinket/first spell macro. This way, MWC will come up again right about the time the Amalgamation casts the Blast for the 2nd lift (1:35-1:40 ish 2nd Amalgamation kill time). It'll be up for the 3rd lift because of the time to kill corruptions/roll, and for 4th, etc.

Every Demo warlock with Tendon damage issues should master this post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post15164572 - afterwards, if you need to rebalance because Amalgamations are taking too long, you can swap out one of two burst trinkets or forgo your filler spam to be weak on 2nd lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    You are using Metamorphosis too late. Meta is a 30s duration, Nuclear Blast is a 5s cast, there's a delay for the tendon lift and then then tendon is up for 18s. From logs you are Meta-ing after the Blast goes off. In between, you need to pop Immolation Aura (which I don't see damage from) and close the range. You're losing probably a global or two there.

Example:
    [21:13:04.754] Hideous Amalgamation Nuclear Blast Rainbowsgirl 30664 (R: 76661)
    [21:13:06.703] Tapit gains Metamorphosis from Tapit

There are a few other things that you're wasting globals on. You cast Doomguard post-tendon appearing - DG has a 40s duration so can be up before Nuclear Blast goes off. Your first spell on the Tendon is Bane of Doom - it should be Incinerate, to get Shadow and Flame up, since you have a Boomkin. Bane of Doom will still go off if it is cast as your 2nd or even your 3rd global. Finally, if you have your Felguard Felstorm during your first spell, it should be done after you cast HoG/Shadow Flame, and at that point you should pop your Felhunter.

I see you're using Moonwell, but you have that happening right before Meta. Because of the spacing of the plates, Moonwell should actually be cast 20 or so seconds before the Amalgamation starts on the blast - as MWC is about to expire, you snapshot the Mastery with your Meta. Then after the blast goes off, you leap/port then pop aura, and SB/VP trinket/first spell macro. This way, MWC will come up again right about the time the Amalgamation casts the Blast for the 2nd lift (1:35-1:40 ish 2nd Amalgamation kill time). It'll be up for the 3rd lift because of the time to kill corruptions/roll, and for 4th, etc.

Every Demo warlock with Tendon damage issues should master this post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post15164572 - afterwards, if you need to rebalance because Amalgamations are taking too long, you can swap out one of two burst trinkets or forgo your filler spam to be weak on 2nd lifts.
    Thanks for the reply.

This may have been a bad example.

Here are some rough macros that I use (rough macros I don't have access to them now)

Macro 1
    /cast Demon Soul
    /use 13 (MWC)
    /cast Blood Fury

Macro 2
    /cleartarget
    /tar boss
    /cancelmacro [noexist]
    /castsequence ...felstorm, pet twist

Pre-explosion:
    hit macro 1
    meta
    doomguard

Post-explosion:
    demon leap close to tendon
    Spam macro 2
    Incinerate spam

I was putting BoD on first so that my Doomguard would attack immediately. Is this not correct? Incinerate will do the same?

I will definitely be using MWC a bit earlier. I also have Normal WoU and H IotCM. Is this a better trinket combo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post

I will definitely be using MWC a bit earlier. I also have Normal WoU and H IotCM. Is this a better trinket combo?
    WoU. But make sure you're still attacking the amalg as he's exploding (after you resummon felguard if you are doing that method) to make sure you keep your 10 stacks going into the tendon. Stacks are refreshed on dot application (not ticks) so no need to worry about it falling off once you start hitting on it. Just need to make sure it stays up before the tendon pops.

Honestly, based on how you're progressing (I didn't look at your logs), unless you can master the timing of using MWC or if you're having problems on the second lift of each plate, BW/WoU is the better combo. Bottled Wishes is pretty much guaranteed to be up for each lift if you poppit as the amalg casts his explosion each time.

And doomguard only follows BoD/BoA, not anything else like incinerate.. It's in the tooltip. Whenever I log back on, I'll post my personal macros tendon dps just for you to compare to your own (doesn't mean mine is better, but it's always nice to see what others are doing and why, then deciding for yourself what to do)

@Ruckers Sorry for missing your other post, I will get back to this hopefully sometime tonight if not tomorrow.