Page 95 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blademaster
    Basically just look at his gear. It is significantly better. Almost +1,5k int, and more haste (if i remember correctly the breakpoints he gets new ticks for the dots) and he has higher master = more powerful dots which already tick more often than you do.

Also looking at your logs - there were times when not all dots were present on both active dogs. There are large pauses in MG. More significant is that you wasted a huge ton of haunt uptime not MGing the doggy. And i see the haunt on 2 dogs at once! U can't MG two targets u know?
    Pay more attention to your dots. Choose position wisely and don't waste haunt uptime. U may loose some minor fraction of haunt during when u desperately need to run somewhere (use teleport, burning rush), but always try to MG when haunt is up. Its vital. Or you will constantly end up with huge losses in DPS

Anyone get a chance to look through my logs really quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by RuyzakiaPCG View Post
    Anyone get a chance to look through my logs really quickly?
    I'm not very good at analyzing logs, but you seem to hardly ever use Soul Swap, and I don't see any Exhales at all, I think meaning you only used SS with SB and not as a regular spell. When multi dotting, like on Stone Guard especially, SS can be a very useful spell.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Our Aff Locks DPS is LOW. Around HALF of what he'd need to be to parse, compared to other people being 80-130%. Here are some links to our WOL.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3379&e=3727

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/189383/

Name is Immorality.

Any advice I could pass on would be AMAZING!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Our Aff Locks DPS is LOW. Around HALF of what he'd need to be to parse, compared to other people being 80-130%. Here are some links to our WOL.
    Any advice I could pass on would be AMAZING!
    Considering you sent him down to the Spirit Realm 5 times, his log is very inaccurate. He's phased so his Spirit Realm DPS will not show up.

With that being said, we can look at other fights to see what he's doing.
    1) He either is using some sort of cast sequence macro or he's relying way too much on muscle memory: In a 7:50 fight in Stone Guard he cast Curse of the Elements 10 times. On the Jade Guardian he cast it 5 times.
    2) He doesn't use Soulburn once or Soul Swap.
    3) Wasted Haunts:
    [19:30:57.967] Cobalt Guardian's Haunt is refreshed by Immorality
    [19:31:00.963] Cobalt Guardian's Haunt is refreshed by Immorality

As I get more and more into it, you should probably just tell him to read a good guide (Evrelia's guide maybe, right on these forums). He doesn't give his DoTs the benefit of his cooldowns, because he doesn't SB:SS he's not executing correctly, doesn't pot, interrupts MG constantly, etc.

I feel like I should be doing about 10-15k more dps on almost every fight.

Any ideas why my damage is low?

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Harkins/simple

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-iq3ufn2peyms88d7/details/35/?s=5001&e=5603

Hi guys here are my logs from last night: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3d...um/damageDone/ I am a new re-roll to locks so I'm still learning how to master them. I know my damage is probably good enough but my goal on any dps class is always to rank top 10ish (whether I am able to do that or not is another isuee :P). Any good warlocks out there who can give me some tips on how to maximize my damage a bit more?

If people are interested: I could make instructional videos, specificly targeted at the warlock community, instead of common first kill videos.
    Those would contain specific instructions of talents, priority and so on for every heroic encounter and maybe some interface/misc tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmi View Post
    If people are interested: I could make instructional videos, specificly targeted at the warlock community, instead of common first kill videos.
    Those would contain specific instructions of talents, priority and so on for every heroic encounter and maybe some interface/misc tips.
    That would be very nice of you!
    My work | Requests: Closed

Okay, so we have been wiping allday at Will of the emperor 25 man. I seems to do something very wrong since i pull like 20k less dps then the other locks. And there is barly no gear diffrence. I have no idea what im doing wrong and would love some help.

imageshack.us/f/16/39905004.jpg/

Todays recount hope someone can help me abit atleast

Quote Originally Posted by Furi0uz View Post
    Okay, so we have been wiping allday at Will of the emperor 25 man. I seems to do something very wrong since i pull like 20k less dps then the other locks. And there is barly no gear diffrence. I have no idea what im doing wrong and would love some help.

imageshack.us/f/16/39905004.jpg/

Todays recount hope someone can help me abit atleast
    Recount is not ideal, and I'm no expert but I notice 2 things at least 1) you only have 28 Haunts registered, against the other 2 guys 40+. and 2) you seem to be lower on Unstable Affliction damage, more than 100 ticks less on the whole. This probably means your UA uptime was low.

When compared to lock no.1 you have significantly less multidotting done than him. When compared to the other guy you have about the same number of Malefic Grasp ticks BUT he has WAY more damage done with his ticks. This relates to having less Haunts used, but most likely also that that guy had a better usage of MG while he had Haunt up.

That's about all I can give you from that, maybe someone else has more they can gleen from this info.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

He does not drain...
    On normal at least, more or less all you do on this fight is: SB:SS x 4, drain an add for full shards, repeat...not much to it.

I was kinda wondering if its smarter to gem 80 int + stat vs just pure stat in your gem spots.
    Also I was wondering if 4700 haste is a cap worth getting instead of just rocking around 3000 for the 5 tick on MG.
    Thanks!

so I have a 470 ilvl and am horrendously underperforming as affliction, I cant post a link, so if anyone wouldnt mind me pm'ing them, I am having issues with gems, reforging, etc.

Tonight was the first night I picked up Affliction and just felt like I should've been doing more damage. I have 7% hit which I'm told although it will make your damage someone inconsistent its not to big of a deal with current gear scaling we are actually able to manage and still pull good numbers. Its a Feng kill so there isn't too much movement and there is a fair bit of standing around.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3494&e=3966

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmi View Post
    I would also be interrested, especially on the "Heroic guides for warlocks" things as I was currently thinking of doing one myself.

Hey folks, destro here! While I know that Destro isn't simming as high as affliction, nor as easy to be beast at, I'd like some additional eyes here on my guild's attempts to get a better idea of what I may be overlooking.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-lh...yze/dd/source/

We have 16 attempts on Stone Guard H25 that are also available for scrutiny. I'm just not seeing how I go from 80k on Emperor 25 to 40-60k here.

Any and all ideas would be wonderfully received.

Hai guise! Just got back into raiding and did my first 10 man today. I know Gara'jal is not the ideal fight for logs and there are a lot of other factors, but I wanted to see what feedback I can get. I feel like I'm a little low. Simulationcraft says I should be about 65k and I'm doing ~45-42k and I don't know how close it should be. Here's our kill.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...?s=6498&e=6854
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by nickfetus View Post
    Hey folks, destro here! While I know that Destro isn't simming as high as affliction, nor as easy to be beast at, I'd like some additional eyes here on my guild's attempts to get a better idea of what I may be overlooking.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-lh...yze/dd/source/

We have 16 attempts on Stone Guard H25 that are also available for scrutiny. I'm just not seeing how I go from 80k on Emperor 25 to 40-60k here.

Any and all ideas would be wonderfully received.

Without looking too in detail at your personal DPS, I noticed your entire raid is extremely low for this boss. This is most likely caused by lack of stacks on the damage buff from the tiles. We personally shot for 125+ during the beginning to give tanks time to situate their bosses and to stack with early lust. After that we get a minimum of 100 after the 75 and 40% tile wipe.

Other than that, just make sure immo is up as close to 100% on the two mobs that are stacked as possible. Those two points alone should yield a decent increase in DPS. I have yet to play destro this xpac but I know as demo I believe I ended at 160k on that fight, with our destro lock somewhere around 125k.

Hope this helps a least a little!

Hello!
    I need some help with my dps. I'm a destro, but i ve just a lil dps on these bosses. Can you suggest me some advices, like reforging or doing something wrong on fights?
    I' ve checked already some locks, but i dont know whats different, some have more mastery, some have more crits, some have more haste. Especially on Elegon, even though those were wipes, i just barely got 100k dps but mainly 50-60k.
    Here are some logs:
    www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hy9a3z5q2n1ygshz/
    www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v1ketljwmayz9umr/
    Thx guys!