10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post

I normally tend not to use Fel Flame after the opener, but I am not sure about that.
    With KJC I don't think we need to anymore. If you are using MF you probably get some use out of it while moving. Too much movement and you're probably better off taking KJC over MF anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Will only answer the questions I am sure off
    In general, during the opener I would always DS -> SB-SS->MG->PROCS-> Fel Flame -> Haunt -> MG x3. And remember to SB-SS again when your first int proc is about to fall off.

I normally tend not to use Fel Flame after the opener, but I am not sure about that.
    Would it be worth the global to refresh Agony when you Fel Flame at that point in the opener as well? Or should I just let it tick and then SB:SS to refresh all my DoTs before my int procs run out?

My basic opener has been: pre-cast Haunt --> CoE --> DS --> SS:SB --> MG --> Procs --> SB:SS --> MG + Haunt as necessary while DS is up. I'm not sure if that's viable, I guess I'm still trying to work out the value of a soul shard vs the extra global for fel flame. Feel free to correct me if I'm talking nonsense.

What's better on Stone guard 25 man:
    1. Use grimoire of sacrifice, keep dots up on active guardians and soul swap when guardians are swapped.
    2. Use grimoire of supremacy, keep dots up on active guardians, keep agony (for max stacks)+corruption (for shards) on inactive guardians and cast unstable affliction when a guardian is swapped.

Definitivelly 1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shox View Post
    What's better on Stone guard 25 man:
    1. Use grimoire of sacrifice, keep dots up on active guardians and soul swap when guardians are swapped.
    2. Use grimoire of supremacy, keep dots up on active guardians, keep agony (for max stacks)+corruption (for shards) on inactive guardians and cast unstable affliction when a guardian is swapped.
    I use #1. It works fine, managed ~96k the other week, can probably increase it quite a lot as I make way too many mistakes while playing. Practice makes perfect.

I´m sorry - I have problems installing WOL, so I haven't made a log yet. Just throwing out a simple question - I currently do 50-60k dps on a single target in a fight with little movement (like second and third boss in MSV). I have IL 484 - is this dps very low or is it ok? I have seen locks do 150K on similar fights (like sha), and feel I´m doing something terribly wrong. I have the proper enchants and gems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fusel View Post
    I´m sorry - I have problems installing WOL, so I haven't made a log yet. Just throwing out a simple question - I currently do 50-60k dps on a single target in a fight with little movement (like second and third boss in MSV). I have IL 484 - is this dps very low or is it ok? I have seen locks do 150K on similar fights (like sha), and feel I´m doing something terribly wrong. I have the proper enchants and gems.
    Installing? You mean starting the java-program? You didn't even link or name your character.

50-60k is horribly low, yes. I have 485 and did 93k on Feng and 97k on Gara'jal.

Link your character and logs from raids, no one can help you otherwise.

Yup. At least your character's adress would have helped....

Deleted
    I jumped in to help my guild kill the last two in MGV last night, and logged them for some feedback. I'm playing Affliction because it's the best, but the numbers are making me consider just going back to Demo, I seem to be incapable of playing it correctly or identifying why, which is frustrating because I've been ranking quite consistently in bad gear over the last 3 tiers.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ouserat/simple

Elegon Kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=1383&e=1891

WotE wipe: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=2312&e=2727

we did kill Will second try, but I added this wipe because I tried to multidot as recommended on here and in Affliction guides, and I need to know what I'm doing wrong because my DPS was just horrible. I will admit to being a little rusty when it comes to raiding as I've not done it since June or so, but I didn't think I was as bad as to be 20-30k DPS behind where I thought I would be! can anyone spare a little assistance?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    I jumped in to help my guild kill the last two in MGV last night, and logged them for some feedback. I'm playing Affliction because it's the best, but the numbers are making me consider just going back to Demo, I seem to be incapable of playing it correctly or identifying why, which is frustrating because I've been ranking quite consistently in bad gear over the last 3 tiers.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ouserat/simple

Elegon Kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=1383&e=1891

WotE wipe: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=2312&e=2727

we did kill Will second try, but I added this wipe because I tried to multidot as recommended on here and in Affliction guides, and I need to know what I'm doing wrong because my DPS was just horrible. I will admit to being a little rusty when it comes to raiding as I've not done it since June or so, but I didn't think I was as bad as to be 20-30k DPS behind where I thought I would be! can anyone spare a little assistance?
    Your dps for elegon is more than fine, considering you dont use MF and aoe the energy charges (recommended, do it).

For WoE, use empowered imp/observer(have only tried imp myself) and put it on one of the bosses, run around SB:SS everything, included both bosses and recharge your shards with drain soul as often as possible.

I'm always trying to seek improvements, and manage to adapt and find a resolution. This time I'm stuck of what I am doing wrong. I used simcraft to calc the raid dummy to verify if my rotation is at error. Base on my current gear and dps I use Recount/Skada addons. The end result matches the Sim. So now I'm here at MMO-Champ hoping to see if anybody can find what is going on. I don't upload Logs, but lucky for me My Raid Leader does. Below is my armory, AMR, and WoL. Please go through this and see what I am doing wrong ... I know it's something I'm overlooking. In addition I'm planning on getting the kalxxi sword (blue) to gain the extra hit from race passive (Human 1% hit) and haste gain over mastery. Everything eles remains the same. I do hope I get an answer soon. Thank you for your time.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-k8udpt9ydn4k296p/sum/damageDone/?s=4969&e=5435

askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/turalyon/masakado

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Masakado/simple

*Sorry I was unable to link them via URL Tag script... this is my first post on MMO-Champ. I always resolve things on my own... but now im stuck

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 04:08 PM ----------

Thanks for updating my links, Can you also put this link up

worldoflogs.com/reports/fbwxmcbs5n64yvpp/sum/damageDone/

That link is a HoF Log, and the dps is sooo bad... im just at a lost. I have a good idea but this idea feels like a small excuses or cry baby term of a excuses. Im givin some roles that hurts my stack on CoA, though im managing to keep them up as much as I can... but kiteing Gala far on the edges restrict me to dps anything... still the overall dps should be higher... So I do hope someone can find what I'm doing wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 09:03 PM ----------

Okay, so I review and waive out the uptime % on Haunt. sigh, Base on other logs, my Haunt see to be good, but please correct me on everything. Still trying to get to the bottom of this grrrrr.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-12-20 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Fixed your links

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masakado View Post
    I'm always trying to seek improvements, and manage to adapt and find a resolution. This time I'm stuck of what I am doing wrong. I used simcraft to calc the raid dummy to verify if my rotation is at error. Base on my current gear and dps I use Recount/Skada addons. The end result matches the Sim. So now I'm here at MMO-Champ hoping to see if anybody can find what is going on. I don't upload Logs, but lucky for me My Raid Leader does. Below is my armory, AMR, and WoL. Please go through this and see what I am doing wrong ... I know it's something I'm overlooking. In addition I'm planning on getting the kalxxi sword (blue) to gain the extra hit from race passive (Human 1% hit) and haste gain over mastery. Everything eles remains the same. I do hope I get an answer soon. Thank you for your time.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-k8udpt9ydn4k296p/sum/damageDone/?s=4969&e=5435

askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/turalyon/masakado

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Masakado/simple

*Sorry I was unable to link them via URL Tag script... this is my first post on MMO-Champ. I always resolve things on my own... but now im stuck

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 04:08 PM ----------

Thanks for updating my links, Can you also put this link up

worldoflogs.com/reports/fbwxmcbs5n64yvpp/sum/damageDone/

That link is a HoF Log, and the dps is sooo bad... im just at a lost. I have a good idea but this idea feels like a small excuses or cry baby term of a excuses. Im givin some roles that hurts my stack on CoA, though im managing to keep them up as much as I can... but kiteing Gala far on the edges restrict me to dps anything... still the overall dps should be higher... So I do hope someone can find what I'm doing wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 09:03 PM ----------

Okay, so I review and waive out the uptime % on Haunt. sigh, Base on other logs, my Haunt see to be good, but please correct me on everything. Still trying to get to the bottom of this grrrrr.
    I did a quick review of your Elegon + HoF kills, for Elegon, stop using harvest life and do the correct AoE tactic (MF + SB:seed -> seed spam), not only will it help your raid a lot but also your dps, and your epeen.

I compared with myself for HoF kills(your gear is slightly better but you're running a lot less hit and I used 4717 haste rest MST but that should not be this big dps difference).

Elegon 65k less (I use the AoE tactic, big dps difference)
    Vizier 30k less (Our kill was really, really fast, not sure if a bug but it said 2:52 on WoL)
    Bladelord 20k less (I didn't use gateway/portal to maximize dmg in P2, can probably push it a lot higher doing that)
    Garalon 20k less (I was kiting as well)

Something I could generally see was that your haunt and MG uptime were lower than mine, on some fights 10% less MG uptime, 5% haunt uptime, that equates to quite a big chunk of damage. I use KC for all fights except Elegon so I never have to stop casting, I feel it's a bigger dps increase than running AV since most/all fights involve moving.

Deleted
    Hi There fellow Warlocks.
    I hope that you can spare the time, to look over my logs, and see what i can improve.
    Ive been struggleing lately keeping up with my fellow raiders, and with my expectations to my self.

This is my armory link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Dotamok/advanced

And link to my latest logs, have i mind that in one of the fights i died, but over all i would really love to know what and how i can improve my self. only encounter im happy about is the Protectors in ToES. rest im far behind in dps.
    I did mananage to get my dps up at the first boss in HoF, but forgot to change to drainsoul when boss went under 20% (changed to it at 10%)

This is our logs from last night´s run: worldoflogs.com/reports/dqarhgitocw0tr0e/details/9/?s=809&e=1265

If theres any more information that i missed out on, plz let me know.. and ill update the post straight away.

I run with the 4717 haste, since i cant reach the 6637 with my current gear, with out swapping some mastery gems to haste gems.

Looking forward to your help.
    (Not allowed to post links, since i just made this account)

/Dotamok - EU-Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    I did a quick review of your Elegon + HoF kills, for Elegon, stop using harvest life and do the correct AoE tactic (MF + SB:seed -> seed spam), not only will it help your raid a lot but also your dps, and your epeen.

I compared with myself for HoF kills(your gear is slightly better but you're running a lot less hit and I used 4717 haste rest MST but that should not be this big dps difference).

Elegon 65k less (I use the AoE tactic, big dps difference)
    Vizier 30k less (Our kill was really, really fast, not sure if a bug but it said 2:52 on WoL)
    Bladelord 20k less (I didn't use gateway/portal to maximize dmg in P2, can probably push it a lot higher doing that)
    Garalon 20k less (I was kiting as well)

Something I could generally see was that your haunt and MG uptime were lower than mine, on some fights 10% less MG uptime, 5% haunt uptime, that equates to quite a big chunk of damage. I use KC for all fights except Elegon so I never have to stop casting, I feel it's a bigger dps increase than running AV since most/all fights involve moving.

So the conclusion is tatics, not my rotations or gear...

This is helpful, I just found out about the MF+ SB:Seed on ele... will have this on lock down.
    For Vizier, any suggestion or tatic you preform that I might be doing right.
    Bladelord, I also do the portal trick... just need to figure out what im doing wrong there too. I even refresh dots at 11-12% and ride the stream to the other side.
    Garalon, I kite but its on a rotation that my range is far off and all my CoA stack drops out. I'm currently asking my RL's to make a slight adjustment on this to see if this helps any.

I like to know if there any other way to regen souls faster... other than DS and Corrp?

Thank you Tenser for you inputs, I hope you can provide more info that will help me. I've been watching streams and PoVs.... but still gaps on some fights

I was recently told about the addon affdots so I got it and played around with it and I have a few questions. First, I was under the impression that you should refresh all your dots right as but due to my synapse springs being only 10 seconds long and proccing right at the beginning of fight it doesn't match up with my other procs and always ends about 5-10 seconds earlier than my other procs so affdots always show my dots "red". Should I ignore this and refresh my dots with my other 3 procs up and dark soul just about to end?

Second, alot of times my procs don't line up with my dark soul at all and I end up in a situation where my dark soul comes off cd just as all my procs are on their internal cd. When I pop darksoul affdots shows my dots at either red or yellow, but as far as i know, casting dark soul wouldn't have any effect unless I actually refresh my dots right? or am I wrong here? Anyways, again, should I ignore it and refresh my dots with dark soul?

Hello guys!
    I know that i do something wrong as i compare my dps with logs on Elegon. Tonight i had 130k but the minimum dps is 174k nowadays. Could you advise something plz?
    This is the log of that fight: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=8706&e=9148
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Tyraen/simple
    I can link some fights of ToE or HoF also if you think those are more helpful.
    Thanks!

Deleted
    @Tyraen: not a expert but dps increase when you spec in MF and aoe in p2 (SB:Soc then SoC) not sure its applicable in r10 (this technique in r25 is mandatory)

saw in ur wol that you don't have any soc dmg

Thats true, i dont use soc. Never thought about it. I could try it next time! thx

Hey everyone, I'm a 490 ilevel affliction lock, but I'm fairly new to raiding as affliction. Currently I do high 60s to low 70s on the meters, and considering my gear I think it's fairly low compared to some others in my guild. So I figure I'm doing something wrong (rotation, stats, etc). I've read some guides here and elsewhere, watched some streams, and checked out some other locks on armory, but I think I'm too new to figure it out on my own.

Name: Azelgoth
    Realm: HellScream- US
    Link to world of logs for my guild: worldoflogs.com/guilds/66985/
    Link to armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellscream/Azelgoth/simple
    Link to ask mr robot: askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/hellscream/azelgoth

Other info:
    I reforged as to Ask Mr Robot's hit cap build as was recommended by many other locks.
    I refresh DOTs only below 50% and as close to timers without falling off.
    I refresh DOTs with procs / time warp.
    Opening rotation is: Jade serpent, CoE, dark soul misery, SB:SS, haunt (maintain), MG spam
    After that I maintain dots and only refresh below 50%, cast and maintain haunt when possible and only when all dots have more than 8 seconds left and I spam MG during haunts. I fill with MG where ever possible. During execute I drain soul instead of MG.
    I pop Jade Serpent before combat and during time warp. I also refresh dots in time warp.
    I use my demon during execute phase to receive full benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelgoth View Post
    I use my demon during execute phase to receive full benefits.
    Use him during Bloodlust, he'll do more.

Looking at a recent Feng kill for you, your DoT uptimes are 92, 86 and 83%. Those are way too low, and have a lot to do with your dps problems. If you're struggling to keep good uptimes on Feng, (which is basically patchwerk) then you're probably struggling to multidot effectively. What are you using to track your DoTs?