1. #2081
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Was a quick look, sorry.

    That said, you died twice without using a single defensive CD or Healthstone. Dead dps is no dps.

    Went back another week to look at Feng. 64, 64 and 67% for DoT uptime, and you never died. What are you using to track your DoTs?
    Affdots. I guess I'm not tracking them as well as I thought. I'll run a LFR feng tonight and see what my DPS is while prioritizing DoT uptime above all else. Do you usually refresh right below 50% or right before falling off?

  2. #2082
    Quote Originally Posted by Azelgoth View Post
    Affdots. I guess I'm not tracking them as well as I thought. I'll run a LFR feng tonight and see what my DPS is while prioritizing DoT uptime above all else. Do you usually refresh right below 50% or right before falling off?

    If you have more procs active than when the DoT was applied, you can refresh as soon as you're below 50% of the original (not max) duration of the DoT. If not, reapply right before it falls off.

  3. #2083
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    If you have more procs active than when the DoT was applied, you can refresh as soon as you're below 50% of the original (not max) duration of the DoT. If not, reapply right before it falls off.
    Got it. And maintain haunt as much as possible? I've heard mixed things about this. Some say to only use it when you have an int proc. I would think maintaining it as much as possible and spamming MG with all dots up would be best...

  4. #2084
    Use it with procs, or if you're above 2 shards. When DS is up, you want to use as many as you can.

  5. #2085
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Use it with procs, or if you're above 2 shards. When DS is up, you want to use as many as you can.
    So below 2 shards just spam MG and refresh dots as close to fall off as possible?

  6. #2086
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Use him during Bloodlust, he'll do more.
    Nope, not true. Evrelia went through the logs and looked at it, wether through design or through bug, the Doomguard does precisely 17 casts before "dying" regardless of haste effects. Thus using him at execute/last minute of the fight is best. Unless you need him for a specific phase.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  7. #2087
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Nope, not true. Evrelia went through the logs and looked at it, wether through design or through bug, the Doomguard does precisely 17 casts before "dying" regardless of haste effects. Thus using him at execute/last minute of the fight is best. Unless you need him for a specific phase.
    Thanks for this, I'll keep it in mind.

  8. #2088
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    72
    Ilvl: 487
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Fuerta/simple
    WoL - MsV: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ikc3kssgkvh2h12z/
    Full clear of a random MsV
    (Dont look at elegon, epic fail on my part)
    ___
    A few weeks ago i made a simular post, and since then i have been working on the advice i got
    ___
    So should i by happy at where i am?
    or are there still alot of improvements to be done?
    - I am not hitting any haste cap precisely, that is because according to simcraft reforge plots, where i am gives me the best benefit
    - If there are improvements to be done, how much dps are we talking about?
    __
    Happy new year to all

  9. #2089
    Quote Originally Posted by Brolyowns View Post
    Ilvl: 487
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Fuerta/simple
    WoL - MsV: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ikc3kssgkvh2h12z/
    Full clear of a random MsV
    (Dont look at elegon, epic fail on my part)
    ___
    A few weeks ago i made a simular post, and since then i have been working on the advice i got
    ___
    So should i by happy at where i am?
    or are there still alot of improvements to be done?
    - I am not hitting any haste cap precisely, that is because according to simcraft reforge plots, where i am gives me the best benefit
    - If there are improvements to be done, how much dps are we talking about?
    __
    Happy new year to all

    If you're ranking top 100, you're doing fine. I'm sure there's small things you could improve on, but its not worth stressing yourself over until you're pushing heroics.

  10. #2090
    Hey

    I have a few questions normally i never post here but i like to get something off my chest so i know if i am doing something wrong am a trial in new guild

    ilvl 496 warlock with VS ilvl 502 warlock with
    23343 SP 24890 SP
    14.5 % hit 15 % hit
    12.3 % haste (5184) 18.02 % haste (7659)
    64.05 % mastery (7596) 64.29 % mastery (7643)

    Could anyone tell me how much dps diffrence this is on any given fight doesnt matter i am being asked to compete with their warlocks but i think they are way out of my league gear wise i am sitting roughly 10-15 k dps under them every fight since i cannot find any decent logs with warlock of my level of gear anymore what would be a rough number what i am supposed to be doing ?

    Salute Iggy

  11. #2091
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy6681 View Post
    Hey

    I have a few questions normally i never post here but i like to get something off my chest so i know if i am doing something wrong am a trial in new guild

    ilvl 496 warlock with VS ilvl 502 warlock with
    23343 SP 24890 SP
    14.5 % hit 15 % hit
    12.3 % haste (5184) 18.02 % haste (7659)
    64.05 % mastery (7596) 64.29 % mastery (7643)

    Could anyone tell me how much dps diffrence this is on any given fight doesnt matter i am being asked to compete with their warlocks but i think they are way out of my league gear wise i am sitting roughly 10-15 k dps under them every fight since i cannot find any decent logs with warlock of my level of gear anymore what would be a rough number what i am supposed to be doing ?

    Salute Iggy
    The easiest way would be to download simulationcraft (35mb) and sim your and other warlock characters and you will see the potential difference. Other thing might be clver usage of specific encounter mechanics.

  12. #2092
    Armory: eu. battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Sifon/advanced (I can't post links yet)
    WoL: www worldoflogs.com/guilds/235342/ This is our guild's link, I'm in fights for most of the times.

    My problem is I feel like there is a problem with my performance. I'm playing lock since WotLK and mostly I was doing okay but now, when I should top the meters,I generally end up being 3th-4th(10 man raids).I started MoP 2 months ago and still I'm a little behind on gear comparing to other guildies. I always try to maximize my dps but there is something completely wrong with me. I tried going for 6637 haste lately, today I'm back to 4717 haste but still it feels like its not gear or stats but its me. I would appreciate any help.
    Last edited by Sifonology; 2013-01-06 at 08:57 PM.

  13. #2093
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyraen View Post
    Hello guys!
    I know that i do something wrong as i compare my dps with logs on Elegon. Tonight i had 130k but the minimum dps is 174k nowadays. Could you advise something plz?
    Thanks!
    Do not refresh dots via FF in execute phase, especially Elegon's one. Don't pop DG in opening omgsomanyprocs phase keep it for last, it does +20% more dmg for targets <20% hp + the dmg taken debuff on boss which was at 10stacks. Much much more dmg.
    Last edited by Teklb; 2013-01-07 at 10:56 PM.

  14. #2094

    Assistance

    I am looking for general assistance on my Demo Lock (Aletheos).

    I recently moved to stacking crit as I wasn't satisfied with my DPS. I noticed a slight improvement over my previous setup but still not satisfied with my numbers.

    Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...letheos/simple

    WoL in HoF (two bosses):
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6ufvpfey6sleud78/

    My basic rotation has been:
    Corruption up 100%
    Doom up 100%
    Using HoG if the target does not have SF debuff
    Generally try to refresh dots if stats are better (using AffDots addon)

    Spam SB unless I have a MC proc then us MC.
    At 900 or so pop Imps, DS:K and Meta and spam ToC until DS:K ends or I run out of DF

    Then spam Soul Fire until all procs are used.

    Any advice or recommendations would be very helpful.

    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Doxa; 2013-01-09 at 06:53 PM.

  15. #2095
    Hello again, warlocks! It's been a while since I've hung around here (3.2). I've recently decided to start taking my affliction lock seriously, and I had a couple questions in regards to the way we refresh in between procs. In the typical scenario, I'll open up with CoE, soulburn, soul swap. From there I'll wait for lightweave to proc, and I'll pop DS:M. I'll haunt, channel MG and everything is peachy. Where the confusion comes is how we refresh from here. The way I've been doing it is, I'll wait until the very last second and I'll soul swap refresh. From here, I'm usually good for roughly 13 seconds, then UA is about to come off. From here, do I soulburn and refresh them all, or hardcast UA? The way I'm understanding these threads, it's suggested that you soulburn and refresh everything, but doesn't that end the proc buffed corruption? The way I've been doing it is hardcast UA, wait for corruption to almost come off, hard cast corruption, wait for agony to almost come off refresh agony, fel flame to refresh corruption and UA. At this point I can usually look out for lightweave and windsong to come up, and I'll repeat the process.

    Thanks for the help, I've been talking about it with a couple people, but nobody has given me a really great answer... I figured I'd ask here.
    Last edited by chorx; 2013-01-10 at 06:50 AM.

  16. #2096
    Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    Hello again, warlocks! It's been a while since I've hung around here (3.2). I've recently decided to start taking my affliction lock seriously, and I had a couple questions in regards to the way we refresh in between procs. In the typical scenario, I'll open up with CoE, soulburn, soul swap. From there I'll wait for lightweave to proc, and I'll pop DS:M. I'll haunt, channel MG and everything is peachy. Where the confusion comes is how we refresh from here. The way I've been doing it is, I'll wait until the very last second and I'll soul swap refresh. From here, I'm usually good for roughly 13 seconds, then UA is about to come off. From here, do I soulburn and refresh them all, or hardcast UA? The way I'm understanding these threads, it's suggested that you soulburn and refresh everything, but doesn't that end the proc buffed corruption? The way I've been doing it is hardcast UA, wait for corruption to almost come off, hard cast corruption, wait for agony to almost come off refresh agony, fel flame to refresh corruption and UA. At this point I can usually look out for lightweave and windsong to come up, and I'll repeat the process.

    Thanks for the help, I've been talking about it with a couple people, but nobody has given me a really great answer... I figured I'd ask here.
    May have been a question suited better for the Affliction sticky. If I understand correctly you are talking about refreshing UA at a time when DS + procs have faded, if so then yes, hardcast from that point onward, and don't use Fel flame unless either moving (for which you'd most likely have Kiljaeden's talent which would be better) or when situationaly a need arises where you need to take quick advantage of a proc with no time to hardcast (rare situation). Only use SB:SS at the start of the fight, or when you have an abundance of shards, in other situations it's better to use the shards on more Haunts then it is to use them on SB:SS. (situational occurences may happen, but are usualy down to making mistakes)

    If you were talking about refreshing with DS+ procs still up then by all means use SB:SS it will give you more time to MG+Haunt.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  17. #2097
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    May have been a question suited better for the Affliction sticky. If I understand correctly you are talking about refreshing UA at a time when DS + procs have faded, if so then yes, hardcast from that point onward, and don't use Fel flame unless either moving (for which you'd most likely have Kiljaeden's talent which would be better) or when situationaly a need arises where you need to take quick advantage of a proc with no time to hardcast (rare situation). Only use SB:SS at the start of the fight, or when you have an abundance of shards, in other situations it's better to use the shards on more Haunts then it is to use them on SB:SS. (situational occurences may happen, but are usualy down to making mistakes)

    If you were talking about refreshing with DS+ procs still up then by all means use SB:SS it will give you more time to MG+Haunt.
    So I don't want to SB:SS to refresh right before procs fall off? I didn't know I was supposed to be keeping haunt up no matter what, it isn't only supposed to be up while your dots are under the influence of some procs?

    Thanks again, I appreciate the help.

  18. #2098
    Hello, I am looking for some assistance on ways that I can increase my dps as a destro lock. I know it's not the ideal spec for raiding but I seem to get better result out of over the other specs. I definitely feel like I should be doing a lot more dps then I should be with my gear level. I have posted a log for a full clear of msv yesterday and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

    armory link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/senjin/Dinuthu/simple

    World of logs link: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kzjazldf8hdpykce/

    P.s. The elegon pull was not pulled properly so I couldn't line up some of the cool downs properly for the boss. Thank you once again for all the feedback in advance.

  19. #2099
    Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    So I don't want to SB:SS to refresh right before procs fall off? I didn't know I was supposed to be keeping haunt up no matter what, it isn't only supposed to be up while your dots are under the influence of some procs?

    Thanks again, I appreciate the help.
    No no no, when you DO have procs up you use Sb:SS to amke sure you have more time left over from your buffs to use MG + Haunt. Especially with DS and INT procs up you want to spend as much time channeling MG while you have Haunt up as you can. You should really watch the vid in the Affliction sticky, it will explain pretty much everything you need to know about Affliction basics. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pecific-Guides
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  20. #2100
    ok i need a little help. I cant figure out for the life of me why i am not pulling higher numbers. I feel i should be. Here is a parse from last nights raid multiple bosses should be plenty of stuff.

    ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/cn8h6od75lgu1cvy/


    Armory:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/Incarnite/simple

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •