Been competing with several Locks in my guild, and well, the DPS difference is huge. Lmao, not sure if it's because of the 4pcTier and Heroic Elegon trinket. Can someone please help to see if there's something I'm doing wrong?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i8qe9w1qr0pu5wyy/
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Mummer/simple

Another question. Nabbed a Elite Regali, but I currently have Waterspeaker ugraded 2/2 504 with Sha Gem, is it best to equip Regali + Inscriped Jade Fan > Waterspeaker 504 + Sha Gem?

Sha I died to lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfire1 View Post
    Hey guys, Welll lately ive been thinking my DPS is a little low, so i thought id post here and just see what im doing wrong. Im a Demonology warlock with 485 ilvl. I like to think i know my class/spec rather well, but Simcraft is telling me different. When i sim my char (doing everything listed in the Tutorial video on this forum), It tells me that i SHOULD be doing around 88k dps on a patchwerk fight.

However I ALWAYS without fail on every raid fight manage 60-70k. NEVER higher. I recently upgraded my weapon from a 463 blue staff...no increase in my dps whatsoever ==__== So im really annoyed and coming here because im just out of ideas now. I know its not ideal but i do have a screenshot on a Raid dummy with NO buffs (not even Dark Intent). BTW Please copy-paste the links, since Mmochamp doesnt like me >.>

oi49.tinypic.com/28sjm.jpg

My armory is eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Felfire/advanced

I'm hoping someone here can help me as im getting rather frustrated. I dont know what i can do that will help, im doing everything right, thats the confusing part. Im popping in and out of Meta correctly, Im refreshing my dots correctly, Im popping cooldowns correctly, im demoning correctly x.x Yes im topping the meters in my guild but...With my gear...with my class/spec..I should do MORE >.< Even Simcraft says so!

I'm assuming that the gear you've logged out in is the set you're wearing for demo. I'd highly recommend ditching the trinket from Sha and replacing it with the Flashfrozen Globule and upgrading it. The amount of controlled burst that it provides works really well in concert with DS and meta during burn phases. Are you trying to use one gear set for both aff and demo? (I ask because what would min/max demo really won't leave you in a desirable position for aff, in regards to stats.

Quote Originally Posted by BossChef View Post
    Been competing with several Locks in my guild, and well, the DPS difference is huge. Lmao, not sure if it's because of the 4pcTier and Heroic Elegon trinket. Can someone please help to see if there's something I'm doing wrong?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i8qe9w1qr0pu5wyy/
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Mummer/simple

Another question. Nabbed a Elite Regali, but I currently have Waterspeaker ugraded 2/2 504 with Sha Gem, is it best to equip Regali + Inscriped Jade Fan > Waterspeaker 504 + Sha Gem?

Sha I died to lag.
    Don't have time to go into too much detail at the moment but...

-Haunt / Looking @ Vizier you have like 13 less haunts then Vex, that is a lot of damage, what are you using your shards on, SB:SS? That is 1,500,000+ in just direct haunt damage, not including the damage you gain via the debuff effect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by k4sh1m View Post
    Hello Guys,

Recently I've been accepted in a guild and ran some raids with them. It seems that there are 2 more affliction locks along, but according to the DPS database they uberly crush me. I don't understand what is wrong that my dps is so bad compared to theirs(nerd rage). I follow the rotation such as:
    DS->SB:SS->Haunt->SB+Agony after all procs->Doomguard and then just keep up dots and use haunt and DS whenever available.
    Could you please be kind and advise if I should do reforge and which stat should I be focused to? I'm really desperate at this point and don't know which stats should I be following anymore or addons and so on. I admit that I am a new warlock and don't know quite good so can be called easily a failer/noob etc, but i really want to improve and not feel like I am carried by my guild.
    Any piece of advise is very helpful.
    Many many many thanks guys.

Please see below the 3 characters armory link and the logs. My character is Dintisor
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...yze/dd/source/
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...intisor/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%B6rka/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hereens/simple
    Hey Dintisor,
    If you're online tonight I'd be happy to help you out and go over the things so we can find out what's causing the issue.
    I've seen a couple of things during attempts that can be easily corrected for an increase in DPS. Just /w me when online.

- Smithereens

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Don't have time to go into too much detail at the moment but...

-Haunt / Looking @ Vizier you have like 13 less haunts then Vex, that is a lot of damage, what are you using your shards on, SB:SS? That is 1,500,000+ in just direct haunt damage, not including the damage you gain via the debuff effect.
    Forgot to mention on Vizier I died too attenuation, plus I got mc'd while I was popping CDs, but I'll definitely cast Haunt more often. I popped two during the first initial phase, so maybe I need to cast it more often? Whenever you get a chance can you do a full look over please? Thanks!

Deleted
    So after our first night on Heroic Garalon, i feel like my damage is nowhere near where it should be
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j0fga14pscsles3p/

I messed up a few times eating a cleave while trying to reposition myself, and i fucked up on some other tries, but realy a few pointers on what other locks do on this fight would be greatly appriciated.

Since we bloodlust early on in the fight, i try to DoT up all legs/Gara's main body when full on procs, refresh accordingly after, try keep dots up on all avaible targets, and i barely use haunt at all.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Also cause soulburn: CoE only seems to apply the aoe to excisting targets, is it worth it to curse all upcoming legs after the first AoE CoE?

Need some tips to improve dps

I'm looking for some tips to improve my affliction damage. As I don't really play any other spec as I want to become quite good at affliction in both aoe and single target. This isn't really anything but to better myself so I can take myself to places where I can't now.

Note: If some of your read the raids & dungeons sub-forums I did say I didn't want to post my logs there, because probably more than half the players there don't play locks. So I wanted to come here & post them & hopefully get some assistance from those who do play it.

Here are the logs from last night. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/

Some notes to these logs. I did die twice to stone guard, we did wipe once due to people derping hard. We did wipe once to spirit kings, can't remember why. My elegon dps is WAY low as I know. I'd never successfully done elegon and being my first raid as an affliction warlock since molten core days, I'd been a little bit "nervous" you could say? They did have me sit out for will as I had to pick between elegon or will, I wanted to see elegon & there was more gear variety from elegon.

Heres my armory. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rider/advanced

The wand I got from elegon, so that couldn't had been contributing to my dps. I do have a belt buckle in my bags, but I'm currently in queue for HoF LFR to see if I perhaps get a belt. I did just manage to pick up tier 14 LFR chest piece, got it all gemmed & enchanted.

Heres my opener

Prepot at 3 seconds when he counts down from 5 just to be safe. precast haunt, dark soul/trinket, sb:ss, doomguard, this usually peaks me around 90k although I've seen 100k+ from it a couple times. I use haunt a couple more times when its about to fall off as my other trinket procs and my cd's are still on.

My usual single target is just keeping buffs up & weaving them in & out with the pandemic passive as much as possible. I use haunt when my trinket procs, sometimes I'll just derp & use haunt randomly for no reason. I never fall below 1 soul. When 20% comes I refresh all my dots as close as to pandemic as possible, then haunt, and soul drain. Whenever haunt is about to come off I usually have 1-2 shards so I cast haunt, then sb:ss and continue to soul drain.

I usually try to time my dark soul & trinket with this as well as well as my last pot if we didn't use heroism at the beginning.

Now obviously this isn't a perfect rotation and I don't always get it down perfectly, but thats why I'm here.

Any help would be appreciated, any questions you have I can try to answer

Deleted
    Hey angarin, I'm literally just about to go to bed and I'm on my phone, but one of the first things you can do is max out your professions in order to benefit from the fantastic tailoring enchant (gives an extra int proc which helps boost you opening burst as well as gives more windows for good haunt usage) and the double ring enchants from enchanting.

These should both kick your overall and opening burst dps up quite significantly. Hope that helps, and perhaps someone can offer better insight whilst I sleep.

P.s. The crit trinket you're using is pretty crappy for affliction, normally i'd recommend grabbing a Relic of Yulon, but with patch 5.2 only a couple of weeks away, it's up to you to determine how much benefit you'll obtain from it.

Hi guys,

My DPS isnt bad, but im trying to decide if im doing something wrong with my gear choices going forward.

Most of the reforge sites seem to think i should be all in on mastery, and i was for a while, hitting 80% raid buffed, but i decided to back off and hit the haste threshold. Now at this point im running at haste threshold, hit capped and 60% mastery. Going forward should any extra stats be put in Spell damage /int or should i be going back to mastery?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hodan/advanced

Regarding stat priorities

From what ive seen as your item level rises, mastery and haste go back and forth on which is slightly better. As you approach a new haste threshold, the value of haste is increasing and greater than the value of mastery. Once you surpass that haste threshold mastery starts to gain more value than haste.

The best way to see where you are at is to use simcraft

Also by using simcraft you will see that the the value of int is greater than mastery and haste, however its value never "doubles" the value of either haste or mastery. This results is us never using straight int gems. In fact once you reach an item level with ridiculous amounts of hit rating you can start to gem +160expertise,+160mastery but this doesnt come till the high 490s. (I just did this and got a 100 dps increase. )

Its AlwYs better to understand this stuff rather then have us figure out ur toons reforges/gems. Hope i made some sense and hope it helps.

Use simcraft and reforgelite. Thats what ive seen evrelia use at least and its got me a few rankings as affliction even tho im just a casual. (9hrs raid per week)

After some practice etc i do believe i managed to get my old instincts back and improve my raid performance, however i am still looking for proper feedback, and would appreciate it.

here are a couple of somewhat recent LFR runs for me:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...v/?s=251&e=654
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...?s=2221&e=2675

My char's name is Treexee.

I know im performing quite high, however i do not know whether that's because of me doing things right, or because of the rest of the raid being terrible (which is also quite a viable option). So any feedback would be appreciated!

Cheers

Edit: armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Treexee/simple

edit2: armory is wrong for some reason, i have a belt buckle with the second jeweler gem in it in the actual game
    Last edited by Anakonda; 2013-02-17 at 07:34 PM.
    We dream, we dream.

Deleted
    Just throwing this out here.

Armory Link: Can't post links yet, Character: Lockley Tarren Mill-EU

My GFs char right there.
    The problem is she's pulling rather low numbers in our 10-mans, while in dungeons and lfrs her numbers are much different.

I don't have any log parse available right now, but i'll gladly got one if it helps.
    My question is simply, what kind of DPS should she expect with her current gear/stats on a bossfight like Imperial Vizier, where ther's some movement involved.
    Last night on Imperial Vizier she was pulling 45-55k.

Deleted
    Without logs it's gonna be hard to tell. If I assume she's playing destro then she will suffer due to there only being one target. That said, in 486 gear she should probably be managing around 65k easy. I've only ever played the fight as affliction but in similar gear was pulling around 80k+, so i'm allowing a bit of leeway due to the disparity between specs (that said, i'm just speculating here).

In terms of her armoury, her professions are kinda lackluster for warlocks. Jewelcrafting suffers due to 2 mastery being worth more than 1 intellect, but the main issue is that she's still got mining. Swapping that out for tailoring/engineering would provide more dps, as well as providing another cooldown/proc to stack for some sweet Chaos Bolts.

Like I said, without logs we can't really look at what she's doing, so my first paragraph is more speculation.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 11:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    After some practice etc i do believe i managed to get my old instincts back and improve my raid performance, however i am still looking for proper feedback, and would appreciate it.

here are a couple of somewhat recent LFR runs for me:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...v/?s=251&e=654
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...?s=2221&e=2675

My char's name is Treexee.

I know im performing quite high, however i do not know whether that's because of me doing things right, or because of the rest of the raid being terrible (which is also quite a viable option). So any feedback would be appreciated!

Cheers

Edit: armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Treexee/simple

edit2: armory is wrong for some reason, i have a belt buckle with the second jeweler gem in it in the actual game
    I'm actually amazed at how few misses you had for those fights with only 7.11% hit. Either you were wearing your lucky socks that day or I was extremely unlucky whenever I decided to drop below the cap. That said, the general consensus nowadays is that capping 15% hit is generally worth it, and considering you fell short of the haste breakpoint anyway (it's 6637 whilst you're at 6597), you might want to consider dropping haste to 4717 and boosting your hit somewhat.

If you look at the protectors fight, you missed 1 haunt and 3 Soul Swaps, which would personally drive me up the wall (as the shards for soul swap would feel 'wasted' - could have meant more haunt uptime). Your dps is looking good though so you're obviously comfortable and a very capable player. I'm just throwing out a different perspective you may want to consider. The longer a fight lasts, the more misses you'll get, and with 5.2 around the corner it should make capping hit a doddle anyway.

Affliction Warlock, where can I improve?

Hello dear warlocks.

I came back to the game before 5.1 hit and have been raiding since then on affliction. Slowly but steadily I have gained the gear and been improving on my dps. But now, I think I have hit the wall where I can't improve my dps. I have been trying to find some information from the interwebz but here's some questions I like to get answer.

1) Currently, my profesions are herb and alch, should I reroll them to engineering and tailoring or on other professions?
    2) Should I keep the 4 set bonus or should I use only 2 set bonus, untill I get the tier shoulders? I recently got my tier head but I had to reforge stats and the result was that my mastery dropped 3%.
    3) Should I change my race to worgen or is the dps gain even that great over the stoneform?

And here are the biggest questions and the most confusing ones:
    4) Should I use haunt only when there are some int procs or just try to keep the haunt up all the time?
    5) Should I refresh my dots by fel flame when there's int proc or just sb:ss / cast UA,Corruption, agony?

My character you find on my signature and here are the logs you can inspect http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/243352/ (We are semi-casual guild).

My opening rotation is:
    Pre-pot, trinket, lifeblood, dark soul, coe, sb:ss, haunt, mg, haunt and just before my shock-charger medallion trinkets buff wears off, I refresh dots by sb:ss. I use doomguard on heroism and use my trinket, ds and lifeblood everytime they are available (Garalon stun etc).

When boss is at 20% and below, my rotation changes to:
    keeping dots up by sb:ss and keeping haunt up and using drain soul. Using the second potion is a bit optional, depending on the boss fight

Addons: Affdots, xpearl, dbm

Yupyup, so first things first...

For your gear question, I can only tell you to use Simulation Craft. Make one test with your current gear, then change your gear in the "Simulate" pannel to see if there is an improvement.

Haunt should be used only when you have Strong procs (jade spirit, for exemple, is a weak proc. trinkets like Elegon's one, on the other hands, are good). Aim 100% haunt uptime ONLY during Dark Soul. Oh and don't get capped. having two shards is good because it allows you to quickly go into a burst phase, three shard is also nice but dangerous, four shard is bad.

Fel Flamme is somehow good but have many downsides. It only add two ticks to your dot and can make you miss a proper refresh with buffs. So use it with LOTS of cautions.

Now your rotation : don't use CoE after DarkSoul, you are essentially wasting a GCP of pure DOT Awesomeness.
    The doomguard does NOT benefit properly from heroism, last time I checked he only cast a DEFINED number of bolt before standing in place, looking pretty. Use it on the pull if you want, <20% HP if you can. I recommend using the addon "TimeToDie" to see when the boss is about to die.
    If you have on-use-trinkets, try to use them in the same time when you have plenty of shards and dark soul. Delaying them MAY be a good thing but not for long period of time.

For execute, try to keep supercharged DOTs for the longuest time. Even if that mean hardcasting only UA. It worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Without logs it's gonna be hard to tell. If I assume she's playing destro then she will suffer due to there only being one target. That said, in 486 gear she should probably be managing around 65k easy. I've only ever played the fight as affliction but in similar gear was pulling around 80k+, so i'm allowing a bit of leeway due to the disparity between specs (that said, i'm just speculating here).

In terms of her armoury, her professions are kinda lackluster for warlocks. Jewelcrafting suffers due to 2 mastery being worth more than 1 intellect, but the main issue is that she's still got mining. Swapping that out for tailoring/engineering would provide more dps, as well as providing another cooldown/proc to stack for some sweet Chaos Bolts.

Like I said, without logs we can't really look at what she's doing, so my first paragraph is more speculation.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 11:12 AM ----------

I'm actually amazed at how few misses you had for those fights with only 7.11% hit. Either you were wearing your lucky socks that day or I was extremely unlucky whenever I decided to drop below the cap. That said, the general consensus nowadays is that capping 15% hit is generally worth it, and considering you fell short of the haste breakpoint anyway (it's 6637 whilst you're at 6597), you might want to consider dropping haste to 4717 and boosting your hit somewhat.

If you look at the protectors fight, you missed 1 haunt and 3 Soul Swaps, which would personally drive me up the wall (as the shards for soul swap would feel 'wasted' - could have meant more haunt uptime). Your dps is looking good though so you're obviously comfortable and a very capable player. I'm just throwing out a different perspective you may want to consider. The longer a fight lasts, the more misses you'll get, and with 5.2 around the corner it should make capping hit a doddle anyway.
    @haste: I assumed that raid buffs allowed me to reach the cap, however my math failed and i see that i was still under the 6637 reach even when raidbuffed. Ill need to have a look into that
    EDIT: Nevermind, my math failed AGAIN, and i see now that my initial calculations were correct. i have 6607 unbuffed haste, which gives me around 6900 with the 5% raidbuff, more than enough to satisfy the breakpoint requirement.

@Hit: I saw that ~7-8% spellhit seems to work fine for me in terms of "frustration/performance", and considering my spell hit is quite below other stats in Simcraft (int 4.17 sp 3.40 hit 2.08 crit 1.52 haste 2.53 mastery 2.30) i have so far preferred not to have to cap it.

Although i have honestly considered getting hit cap, and probably will for 5.2, as soon as my gear level reaches 500+ (when missing becomes more "lossy" due to damage lost).

@RNG: that seems to be my normal miss rate for most of my raids, not just those two. Ill try to get more logs done soon.

EDIT2: Here are my simcraft results, if it helps (I have updated necklace since then, but otherwise its up to date)
    http://www.filedropper.com/results
    Last edited by Anakonda; 2013-02-19 at 01:58 PM.
    We dream, we dream.

Hmmm I might have missread, but the breakpoint requirement is 6637 WITHOUT the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    Hmmm I might have missread, but the breakpoint requirement is 6637 WITHOUT the buff.
    Hmm that is interesting. Upon further research i have concluded that you are indeed correct. I guess ill need to swap one of the gems out from mastery to haste, that should give me a perfect match
    We dream, we dream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Hmm that is interesting. Upon further research i have concluded that you are indeed correct. I guess ill need to swap one of the gems out from mastery to haste, that should give me a perfect match
    I was under the impression that if you have to gem/sacrifice too much mastery to reach a haste breakpoint, it usually isn't worth it. Could use a second opinion on that thought.

You might want to consider dropping back down to 4717 haste and stacking mastery a bit higher until you can hit 6637 comfortably.

Edit: Are you trying to manually calculate your reforges? I personally find reforgelite makes things a breeze - set it to whatever hit/haste numbers you want, and let the addon do the math for you. It will also actually complete the reforges for you, bonus lazy points!
    Last edited by mmoc112615a1c9; 2013-02-19 at 03:24 PM.

This is currently debated. Although we agree that sacrificing (not sure this word trully exist) too much mastery in order to reach a breakpoint is BAD, as long as you don't drop below 5k5 mastery it is worth it.

Also if you can't reach that breakpoint even with a proper gemming, you should do the following :

- Reforge so you will have mastery = haste then launch SimulationCraft, import you character then in the option pannel, go to "Reforge plot", check haste and mastery then set "Reforge amount" to 1000 and Step amount to 100 (or 50 if you have time on your hands).

When your character will be simmed, you will have the best haste/mastery you could achieve