Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: The "Fix My DPS" Thread (Read first post before posting)

hi, I already posted in this topic about my questionable affliction performance and this time it's about my main spec - destro.

this is our guild's WOL from last wednesday TOGC25 down of Jaraxxus - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/6uccg...?s=3595&e=3935

and this is my armory - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...=The+Starlight

that was one of my best performances in togc25 so far, but I still think I dont do enough. cant really read those logs well to look for possible glitches. what am I looking for? all I can say that I had a pretty solid life tap uptime (98%). also, is my current build that big of a loss in dps as compared to classic 13/58?

anyway, thanks in advance for any insights 8)

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Impzor - the odds were stacked against you. Both mages were probably arcane, and the Shaman, while Elemental, probably dropped windfury as that would have resulted in more raid dps. Therefore, the only buffs worth mentioning are bloodlust and elements.

Therefore, your actual dps in a proper setting would have been closer to 6000. I would expect you to be able to hit this with relative ease, as your Conflags/Chaos Bolts seem pretty fine. Your immolate clipping could use some attention (keep Immolate on Jaraxxus and the Mistress, don't do it for the Infernals).

No flask? 1 Flask = 30g = 200 dps. You might have one on, but I don't see it.

Generally speaking, any time you get beat by a shaman is a bad thing, no matter how much your dps was. Set that as your goal and go for it.
    Well in 25 mans I usually get about the same, maybe a little bit more. I did use a flask but in the picture it just ran out. I always try to dps as hard as possible. My rotation is:

CoE, Immolate, Conflagrate, Chaos Bolt, Incinerate untill Conflagrate and Chaos Bolt are up again and refresh Immolate.

The only thing I could think of is replacing the curse with CoD but then the raid won't have CoE. I'll try to keep Immolate up more on adds and I hope it will improve, thanks a lot for the tips

Quote Originally Posted by Impzor
    The only thing I could think of is replacing the curse with CoD but then the raid won't have CoE. I'll try to keep Immolate up more on adds and I hope it will improve, thanks a lot for the tips
    You might want to check - before every raid - if there is a Moonkin or an Unholy-DK in your raid, since they apply the same effect as CoE passively. If not, CoE is just fine. If there are either the one or the other, you can savely use CoD (or CoA if the boos won't live more than a minute).
    Depends on your raid setup, really.

Quote Originally Posted by BartolGdH
    You might want to check - before every raid - if there is a Moonkin or an Unholy-DK in your raid, since they apply the same effect as CoE passively. If not, CoE is just fine. If there are either the one or the other, you can savely use CoD (or CoA if the boos won't live more than a minute).
    Depends on your raid setup, really.
    Ok thanks, don't the buffs stack?

Nope, they don't.

As well as pretty much every debuff "group" (BloodPact[Imp] and Command Shout for example).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Impzor
    Well in 25 mans I usually get about the same, maybe a little bit more. I did use a flask but in the picture it just ran out. I always try to dps as hard as possible. My rotation is:

CoE, Immolate, Conflagrate, Chaos Bolt, Incinerate untill Conflagrate and Chaos Bolt are up again and refresh Immolate.

Maybe the dps difference from your 10 man to 25 man isn't as significant because you're adjusting to the requirements of a 25 man setting: spacing out better, not getting too far from healers, not chaining boss damage, etc. Thus you're moving more than you do in a 10 man, lowering your dps.

Always focus on your positioning so that you maximize your dps time without "useless" movement. I would classify all movement as useless unless you are targetted by a specific attack (Firebomb on Gormokk for example). In this example, your movement should be the absolute minimum distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Norome
    hi, I already posted in this topic about my questionable affliction performance and this time it's about my main spec - destro.

this is our guild's WOL from last wednesday TOGC25 down of Jaraxxus - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/6uccg...?s=3595&e=3935

and this is my armory - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...=The+Starlight

that was one of my best performances in togc25 so far, but I still think I dont do enough. cant really read those logs well to look for possible glitches. what am I looking for? all I can say that I had a pretty solid life tap uptime (98%). also, is my current build that big of a loss in dps as compared to classic 13/58?

anyway, thanks in advance for any insights 8)
    You're looking for:
    Length of Fight / 10 = Maximum number of conflags
    Length of Fight / 12 = Maximum number of Chaos bolts
    Length of Fight / 15 = Maximum number of Immolate "Hits" without clipping
    Length of Fight / 3 = Maximum number of Immolate Ticks
    ~53% Incinerate damage

Too low on the first 3: Cast more of these
    Too high on Immolate Hits and low on Immolate ticks: You're clipping. Stop it.
    Too low on Immolate Ticks and too low on Immolate hits: Your uptime is crap.
    Less than 53% Incinerate (depends on your haste, but this is a good median number): You spend too much time moving.
    More than 53% Incinerate: Your Conflags and Chaos bolts are probably low too - it means when conflag is off cooldown, you cast one more Incinerate instead because you're not paying 100% attention.

That's the nuts and bolts of Destro. The rest is experience.

R.I.P. YARG

really helpful, thanks a lot

Ok so i am repeatedly told my DPS should be higher based upon my gear so maybe you guys can help me i had to use the Last Ditch Effort option so hope it works

and my armory is http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rank&n=Ckagrim

if you need more info lemme know

Tier 6 Gives you wings!!

I do hope that you drained the puppet's soul after that picture

You're looking for:
    Length of Fight / 10 = Maximum number of conflags
    Length of Fight / 12 = Maximum number of Chaos bolts
    Length of Fight / 15 = Maximum number of Immolate "Hits" without clipping
    Length of Fight / 3 = Maximum number of Immolate Ticks
    ~53% Incinerate damage

Too low on the first 3: Cast more of these
    Too high on Immolate Hits and low on Immolate ticks: You're clipping. Stop it.
    Too low on Immolate Ticks and too low on Immolate hits: Your uptime is crap.
    Less than 53% Incinerate (depends on your haste, but this is a good median number): You spend too much time moving.
    More than 53% Incinerate: Your Conflags and Chaos bolts are probably low too - it means when conflag is off cooldown, you cast one more Incinerate instead because you're not paying 100% attention.

That's the nuts and bolts of Destro. The rest is experience.
    Applying this to your case, the following things can be seen quite clearly:

Conflagrate: Just fine, since 120 / 10 = 12 and you got 11 off. If you take into account that you cannot cast Conflag as the first spell, this should be quite alright, I think.

Chaos Bolt: You are a bit short of those. In the time you could have casted at least one more of them (2, if you keep exactly to gherkins mathematically precise formula, but we're all just human, right? )

Immolate: The Immolate "Hits" (so the actual times where you cast Immolate on the target) were alright, but the "Ticks" are quite few. Might it be that you didn't re-apply Immolate in time once or twice?

Curse of Doom: I'm not sure but the damage of the curse seems a bit low to me (seeing that it's two hits with an average of 13,700). But you were probably just not lucky with Pyroclasm at the time you had to re-apply the curse. (S)hit happens, right?

Incinerate: You're way under the "wanted" 53% of Incinerate damage, but I think that's due to bad luck with crits in this case.

Sooooo: I personally think you are doing alright (except for the immolate uptime on this fight and the one chaos bolt more).
    But I'll leave it to the Destro experts to decide that and go slaughter innocent people with my felguard. Come on, Bono! *waves at his Demon*

Edit: I completely forgot: If you want to keep the (largely) standard UI (which I assume you do because otherwise you would've modified it by now), I recommend you lower the UI scale factor (Esc > Grafics > Resolution > UI Scale; I'm sorry if these aren't the correct names, I've just translated them literally just like Blizzard does when they changed our dear Ironforge to 'Eisenschmiede'....horrible...)
    Anywho, the lowered UI factor will reduce the size of your character portrait, action bars, etc. which will give you more "free space" on your screen and thus making your game experience more enjoyable.
    I should write advertisement spots for TV....

15+ Year Old Account

You're just fine Ck. 4500 dps solo on a dummy without any other buffs is impressive in your gear. This means that you should be capably of ~6500-7000 dps on Jaraxxus25.

However, I suspect thats where the problem lies. You are probably having issues with movement or maintaining buffs in tight situations. Think about it this way - Every time you press the movement key, knock off 10 dps. If you tap it twice, knock off 20 dps. If you hold it and run for 4 seconds, knock off 40dps. Start paying attention to how fast you switch targets, how much you are pressing your movement keys or jumping. I believe you will be surprised.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted

Hey,

It's awesome that there are people willing to manage a thread like this by the way. A great many internets to you.

I'm destro, pretty close to cookie cutter, but I'll let you take a look for yourself. My gear, again you can take a look, is largely 232/245 and i have the highest gear rating in our guild at the moment by a little way. I really struggle, however, on almost all fights, to finish even in the top three (that's out of ten, so ~6 dps), when I do it's not my much, frequently above me are: ret pally, arc mage, hunter (i know fa about hunter specs) and enh shammie in some combination depending on the fight.

Rawr suggests that I should be doing somewhere around 5.2k. I appreciate that that is subject to the flaws of simcraft, but it's a considerable leap from the ~4k I pull off on a dummy.

I don't think our gearing is so high that we should be running into 'scaling issues'. (I'm not going anywhere near the GC l2p thread anymore). Almost all the other guys I raid with are much more experienced than I am however, which may be a factor (l2p is why i'm here!) and I have a feeling I may have gotten a little focussed on my haste at the expence of spi and sp. Any advice you can give would be awesome.

I'm afraid that I don't use recount in raid as it's a bit bulky, and cpu usage is an issue, so i installed it to record a dummy fight til oom. Hope that's helpful enough:

and:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...3%A1r%C3%ABwen

20+ fps, btw, is exceptional for me. I'm normally 10-15 but for some reason it seems to effect gameplay almost not at all (so far as I can tell) it only becomes noticeably problematic when it hits about 5 or less. I have taken all measures of which I've heard to increase it though (using Gamebooster to suppress extraneous cpu activity, macroing to reduce visual effects below minimum allowed by interface, reducing resolution and none of it makes a blind bit of difference - still, that's another thread).

Edit: oh yeah, as the only lock in raid and no boomkin or unholydk I always CoE so the dps above is done with no curse up.

Edit 2: the obvious stuff I forgot: using firestone and fel armor

15+ Year Old Account

If FPS is an issue, then you need to:

Get rid of SexyMap
    Turn down Character Textures
    Turn down Multisampling
    Turn down Projected Textures, Spell Effects, and Particle Density

I don't know what Rawr is talking about, but don't use it.

You did 3900 - 4100 dps, depending on which window isn't lying. Lets take the middle - 4k. You also cast elements, since there's no Doom hits, so we need to back that out. 4000 / 1.13 = 3540dps. You should be capable of 4200 without elements and without doom.

The difference is your pet. He's not attacking the target. Yes, your imp accounts for 800-1000 of your net dps. If he was, then recount didn't add his damage in with yours. Your imp ~must~ survive and ~must~ attack for you to even dream of the top of the meters.

R.I.P. YARG

Ok, thank you for the help guys im going to try out the new ideas if i still have problems ill come back =D

Tier 6 Gives you wings!!

Hey,

having just hit 80 my biggest problems are gearscore for stupid pugs and my actual dps

i can fix my dps here soo.....

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ind&n=Morobert

fresh 80 only one epic atm ( lol)

is my 00/41/30 the better spec i shoudl be using? or is there a better one atm

suggestions? gearing will come but i've only been able to play this guy for 1 day before i had to leave town gonna play him again (yes i got that one epic on day one lol)

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    Hey,

having just hit 80 my biggest problems are gearscore for stupid pugs and my actual dps

i can fix my dps here soo.....

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ind&n=Morobert

fresh 80 only one epic atm ( lol)

is my 00/41/30 the better spec i shoudl be using? or is there a better one atm

suggestions? gearing will come but i've only been able to play this guy for 1 day before i had to leave town gonna play him again (yes i got that one epic on day one lol)

you got pretty lucky for your first epic...its a very very nice one

This work of art was made by Paz.

my only problem is bosses won't drop my loot. :

when they do drop my loot and i lose the roll, i scheme and connive people out of it, with the money i farm inbetween raids. still mine 8)

but if the boss refuses to drop my loot, all i can do is kill them harder. >
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by cyloria

you got pretty lucky for your first epic...its a very very nice one
    you'd think..... i paid 700g to the 5400 gs holy pally that won it.... lol wtf did he want for other than to sell it?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    you'd think..... i paid 700g to the 5400 gs holy pally that won it.... lol wtf did he want for other than to sell it?
    Holy Shock build + getting ready for 3.3, where output is king for Paladins.

If gearscore is an issue, you should know that my gear unenchanted, almost all from TOC25, is worth about 2300-2400. The other 400-500 points is all enchants and epic gems.

Therefore, run TOC5 Normal until you get all 6 caster drops, and run HTOC5 until you get the other 4+. Then your gearscore will be 1900 unenchanted, ungemmed, and boom you throw down 1500g at that sucker and you're above the 2200 mark most people ask for.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted

If FPS is an issue, then you need to:

Get rid of SexyMap
    Turn down Character Textures
    Turn down Multisampling
    Turn down Projected Textures, Spell Effects, and Particle Density

I don't know what Rawr is talking about, but don't use it.

You did 3900 - 4100 dps, depending on which window isn't lying. Lets take the middle - 4k. You also cast elements, since there's no Doom hits, so we need to back that out. 4000 / 1.13 = 3540dps. You should be capable of 4200 without elements and without doom.

The difference is your pet. He's not attacking the target. Yes, your imp accounts for 800-1000 of your net dps. If he was, then recount didn't add his damage in with yours. Your imp ~must~ survive and ~must~ attack for you to even dream of the top of the meters.
    Thanks for replying so quickly. I will indeed ignore Rawr.

Elements wasn't up during the fight, sorry if that was unclear. Also the imp was attacking, I went and checked and double-checked with various recount settings and it's just the case that, although recount merges player and pet data to produce the dps figure, it doesn't give details of pets in the details window (not on my setup anyway).

Still sounds like I'm not too far off target after all, so I shall rest a little easier. Thanks again.

Holy Shock build + getting ready for 3.3, where output is king for Paladins.

If gearscore is an issue, you should know that my gear unenchanted, almost all from TOC25, is worth about 2300-2400. The other 400-500 points is all enchants and epic gems.

Therefore, run TOC5 Normal until you get all 6 caster drops, and run HTOC5 until you get the other 4+. Then your gearscore will be 1900 unenchanted, ungemmed, and boom you throw down 1500g at that sucker and you're above the 2200 mark most people ask for.
    well the ingame addon gearscore doesnt factor in enchants (i believe)

and yea im running as much as i can for gear

atm my gearscore is 2700
    in perspective 4400 is toc 10/25 level and my dk is at 4800

tog is over 5k usually 5-5.5k range