T9 4 piece, worth it? (Holy)

So I know the 4 pieces bonus can be good for Disc, but is it really for holy priests?

I use renew alot, and I got Empowered Renew, but does 10% off a 2.4k heal (when it crits) doesnt look like alot for a 4 pieces bonus... And if i go for it I'll go with 245 pieces of course.

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

Re: T9 4 piece, worth it? (Holy)

I'm iffy on it. Renew is Holy's best filler ability and you should pretty much never over heal with Emp. Renew, so it's a decent bonus. Like you said though, it's 10% to a very small heal. It's not utterly breathtaking like it is for Disc, but at least it's better than what Holy Pallies get for their 2 piece. :P

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    It's not utterly breathtaking like it is for Disc
    Not really utterly breathtaking for Disc either... On a 10k crit we generate an additional 300 in absorbs.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

If you ask me, give those tier tokens to a DPSer. At least they will put it to good use.

+10% to empowered renew is... kinda meh. It's not like that extra +240 healing will make any difference, anywhere. The two-set bonus in T9 is nice though.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Eh, I may have overstated its worth to Disc, but it is at least twice as good. Looking through a few parses it adds up to an extra 150k+ absorbs in a night of ToC. You'd actually need to do more healing than Disc's total healing with just Emp. Renew to come close. :P

So first just to make sure it is clear the 10% from the 4-piece makes it 33% for DA and 16.5% for Emp renew. It is NOT an extra 10% on top of the 30% or 15%. With that being said I am a disc priest and I will not be getting my 4 piece ever. I just dont think it is worth it at all and probably less so for holy since many holy priests dont even put 3 points into Emp renew. I much prefer having the choice to pick and choose my gear and I LOVE the 2 piece, 20% on pom is amazing, I and very happy they made it the 2 piece and not the 4 piece. With that being said as disc I dont have mana problems even on HM fights so I like to get gear that has alot of output, so I have the t9 legs and shoulders and then went with the gloves off of anub 25 man (no spirit, sp, haste and crit) and merlins robes (again no spirit, sp, haste and crit), I may get the t9 helm really just depends on if i get the preist helm from ony or not.

All in all if the tier pieces dropped and did not have to be purchased I might get the 4-piece but since you first have to get a trophy for each piece and then spend badges for them on top of getting the trophy I just dont think its worth it id rather spend my triumph badges on other stuff.

As Holy, or Discipline the 2pc is sexy. Just jawdroppingly amazing. Twin Valks, or phase 3 of Anub and just keeping it on cooldown can easily take one of my "top healing spells" so far as output.

4pc for Discipline is decent. 3% additional absorption. On any, and all of your spells capable of crit'ing.
    I Improved, glyphed, and Empowered Renew, and a 1.5% stronger instant heal on Renew is pretty damning. Really.

Personally, 4pc should've been "Your renew can now crit" and DA and SoL can now proc off of it, but HC stays back so Holy's still "limited". Would've been worthwhile, for both Holy, and Discipline when it's not GCD capped.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

if you think a 10% bonus on a spell that makes up about 1-3% of your healing AND are willing to spend the epgp, DKP then do not take it. it just sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Personally, 4pc should've been "Your renew can now crit" and DA and SoL can now proc off of it, but HC stays back so Holy's still "limited". Would've been worthwhile, for both Holy, and Discipline when it's not GCD capped.
    That would have been awesome to have Renew able to crit... But as far as things goes, I think we may see it with T10 set bonus.

Everything that is dot/hot can almost all crit now with bonuses/talents, so why not Renew? :/

Or just "When you use Flash Heal or Greater Heal on a target affected by your own Renew, Flash Heal or Greater Heal heals for 10% more."

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

Quote Originally Posted by artrax
    if you think a 10% bonus on a spell that makes up about 1-3% of your healing AND are willing to spend the epgp, DKP then do not take it. it just sucks...
    1-3? Try 12-25% depending on the fight.

If you're getting 25% of your healing from Emp. Renew then uhm... well that sucks. The 4p T9 bonus increases the net healing per cast of Renew by 1.5%. Not exactly a huge gain. Disc on the other hand is gaining the equivalent of +3% healing on crit.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    If you're getting 25% of your healing from Emp. Renew then uhm... well that sucks. The 4p T9 bonus increases the net healing per cast of Renew by 1.5%. Not exactly a huge gain. Disc on the other hand is gaining the equivalent of +3% healing on crit.
    I'd interpreted that as Renew in general. People seem to think we're trying to be druids because of how powerful it is, and should spam more flash heals playing like a TBC Paladin.

Again people expect set bonuses to be jaw droppingly powerful... they're a free ability for basically no cost and as such should just be a small bonus. Making renew crit and proc SoL or DA is just retarded in terms of power balance.

Problem is that Blizzard have used set bonses in the past as pre-reqs to content, quick fixes or made mistakes in terms of power level. So you get the community always scrutinising their set bonus to something from the past or to some other class' bonus.

Personally I find the 3% DA absorbtion extremely powerful, over a 5min encounter that will accumulate to a significant amount of damage prevention. The empowered renew isn't as powerful but it's still a nice little bonus for no cost.

Since there is some confusion going around:

- The T94PC buff takes the Divine Aegis shield from 30% to 33% of your critheal.

In other words: If you crit for a 10k Fheal (one can dream!), 3k of that used to go as a Divine Aegis. Now it's a 3300 Divine Aegis. It's not a massive buff, but the difference does add up over a 10 minute fight. It's just not really worth the effort required to get it, imo - you're likely to get a larger benefit from simply getting some real gear without that massive amount of spirit on it. It's no secret that spirit isn't the best stat for a discpriest.

- The T94PC buff increases healing done by the Empowered Renew from 15% to 16.5%.

Whenever it states "Empowered Renew", we are talking about the instant heal you get when you cast Renew, assuming you have at least 1 pt into the corresponding talent. If you have the talent maxed, Empowered Renew is worth 15% of the maximum healing done by renew; which usually attributes to an instant 2.5k healing done. The buffed renew has some advantages over FHeal and some disadvantages, best discussed elsewhere.

By maxing this talent, your "15%" is multiplied by 1.1. This means you get a 16.5% bonus. Or simpler to understand: The 2.5k instant heal is now increased by 10%; healing for 250 extra.

Frankly, this buff sucks. The T9 items are pretty well itemized for a holypriest though; focusing on int, spirit and haste, and unlike earlier tier items in WOTLK, picking one doesn't mean you gimp yourself as holy. That said; i still maintain that the tier token is in much better use with a mage. Having better DPS around makes our life infinitely easier than being able to outheal the massive damage going around with four snowbolds up. True story :-\

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

The general sentiment in this thread is that it's nice and "worth it" from an individual gearing perspective, but may or may not be "worth it" when you consider that you're potentially taking a better set bonus away from a DPSer. If this is an accurate assessment, then I agree with it.

As others said, the 2pc bonus is very nice, so I think we can assume that everyone will be aiming for that. Looking at two more pieces of the set doesn't look like it will gimp Holy's stats in any meaningful way, and while the 4pc doesn't account for much, it is essentially free. I went for the 4pc (already having two and getting one from VoA... might as well), and while I don't notice a huge difference, it does make Renew a bit more of a goto spell than it already was for me. Moreso, I find that Renew is just a lot more useful in a lot of fights in ToC and HToC than it was in Ulduar where Flash Heal was more often a better choice. For instance, I spam it as a filler between CoH and PoM on Twins and Anub P3, and between it and PoM, I can do a lot to help out on the tanks on Heroic Beasts while primarily watching the raid. I think perhaps it's just Blizzard seeing that, even with them adding the Empowered Renew talent that a lot of Priests still aren't using it that much and maybe it's a little more encouragement.

That said, as others indicated, it is a pretty small bonus and not even very noticeable for people who love to spam Renew, so if there's a DPS class with a nice 4pc bonus, you're probably better off passing to them in favor of meeting some of the DPS checks. I know that at least some of the DPS classes have said that their 4pc isn't worth getting, but hopefully you're keeping up with your guildmates to figure out where the trophies make sense for the benefit of everyone.

4pc is AMAZING for Discipline and meh for Holy, but it's free healing nonetheless.

2pc is AMAZING for both. VERY amazing.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

As Holy, or Discipline the 2pc is sexy. Just jawdroppingly amazing. Twin Valks, or phase 3 of Anub
    You're not meant to heal on Anub phase 3. You only really use Renew, Shields and FHs.

The 2 piece is amazing. 4 piece is at least decent for both specs. A 4k instant heal? That's pretty nice in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Tihr
    You're not meant to heal on Anub phase 3. You only really use Renew, Shields and FHs.

The 2 piece is amazing. 4 piece is at least decent for both specs. A 4k instant heal? That's pretty nice in my book.
    Except it's not 4k. It goes from being 2k to 2200 noncrit. And assuming your raid's not retarded, you're grouped up phase 3.
    Mending auto-targets the people lowest. So obviously having 4 priests spam it on cooldown is a bad idea, as you'd have to deal with it longer. But having one/two mendings out to help stabilize things is a pretty smart idea.

Renew is better, shield is best. But Flash Heal is worse than mending, in all aspects there.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Except it's not 4k. It goes from being 2k to 2200 noncrit. And assuming your raid's not retarded, you're grouped up phase 3.
    Mending auto-targets the people lowest. So obviously having 4 priests spam it on cooldown is a bad idea, as you'd have to deal with it longer. But having one/two mendings out to help stabilize things is a pretty smart idea.

Renew is better, shield is best. But Flash Heal is worse than mending, in all aspects there.
    Healing should be done to the raid by passive things such as Healing Stream/VE, etc. The only thing you need to heal in phase 3 are the people with Penetrating Cold and the tanks. For PC, you can just Shield and Renew. That's basically all that is needed, if they somehow drop dangerously low, you Flash them. Using a PoM would be stupid, as it would bounce, causing more healing, which you don't want.