View Poll Results: What Talent Spec do you got?

Voters
77. This poll is closed
  • Enhancement

32 41.56%
  • Elemental

29 37.66%
  • Restoration

11 14.29%
  • I dont have a shaman.

3 3.90%
  • I dont want to answer. (??)

2 2.60%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enhancement or Elemental?

Oke So heres the problem.

Im level 61, and im already thinking of: What specc would i be as soon as i hit 80, Enhancement or Elemental dps? (i get Resto with Dualspecc), Any help? i love! really love! enhancement because its just cool, but i love the fact that elemental got ranged dps, and i always been melee.

And also, what is better for leveling? Elemental, can it be easy with leveling too? because at the moment im enhancement, and trying out elemental, But i hit like 1,7k and the mobs have 5,5k Health...

- Can anyone help? it would be lovely!

Thanks already!

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games

Wow gold - Purchase-able

Messages like these:
    A few days ago, while he was over, he asked if he could make a Alt, which I let him do on my account. While he was making a Alt, he jokingly said something I never noticed before. For races like Gnomes, Dwarves, and Blood Elves, there is no option to make a Black one.
    Un-payable

Mastercard!

Shanith

Re: Enhancement or Elemental?

Elemental Shaman is better.

Yours
    - Scarab Lord Kungen

Get some Spell Power gear in the next zone you hit up, go Elemental and see if you like it.

If not, go back to Enhance.

Id say enhance, more fun and complex rotation than ele :P

Enhance all the way. I regret going Elemental and now i got like 3/4 different sets of elem gear and can't go enhancement

Thanks for the fast replies, How much does a shaman normally hit in Outlands anybody knows? because i just tried it, and i dont really got the pro gear, but i dont hit that much...

Wow gold - Purchase-able

Messages like these:
    A few days ago, while he was over, he asked if he could make a Alt, which I let him do on my account. While he was making a Alt, he jokingly said something I never noticed before. For races like Gnomes, Dwarves, and Blood Elves, there is no option to make a Black one.
    Un-payable

Mastercard!

I heard elemental got a dps cap around 6k dps? because it aint that gear dependend? and enhancement can get over 10k? ( in professional situations ofc. )

Wow gold - Purchase-able

Messages like these:
    Un-payable

Mastercard!

if you have a lvl 80 i would suggest getting some of the BoA gear as it boosts your SP by alot as elemental

Bélthazor Destruction Warlock
    Greviouz Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Bierbuik
    Oke So heres the problem.

Im level 61, and im already thinking of: What specc would i be as soon as i hit 80, Enhancement or Elemental dps? (i get Resto with Dualspecc), Any help? i love! really love! enhancement because its just cool, but i love the fact that elemental got ranged dps, and i always been melee.

And also, what is better for leveling? Elemental, can it be easy with leveling too? because at the moment im enhancement, and trying out elemental, But i hit like 1,7k and the mobs have 5,5k Health...

- Can anyone help? it would be lovely!

Thanks already!
    Well, Elemental's very good for levelling since spellpower is now combined with Healing and Damage Done, therefore when you go low you can heal yourself up pretty well which is always handy when levelling. You can also hit mobs from Range which can save you a bit of HP aswell. The more time you're spending on the floor rejuvinating mana / HP is less time levelling, remember that.

Don't go Resto, every Shaman out there has it (including me; main spec). Offspec, fair enough. I have never played Enhancement before, so I can't really help on that but just having a quick look at DPS charts and Recount in most of the fights our Enhancements are beating our Elementals on DPS (except for Hodir, Vezax of course). Elemental's pretty easy to play aswell... If you have the gear the fairly simple rotation can get you knocking out decent numbers (especially considering Shamans are a Hybrid Class and not pure DD's like Mages / Locks) so for a start I'd suggest playing that. However, personally I'd much rather Raid with an Enhancement Shaman because let's be honest the Melee buffs are just insane and they generally seem to be doing more damage than Elemental's. I'm no theorycrafter, I'd rather analyse results of what's happening NOW and in the last fight rather than the perfect situation. perfect gear, etc and that's what I've been seeing. Initially, collect some Ele / Resto gear (some can overlap) and begin workong on Enhancement. It shouldn't take too many runs for you to get geared enough for Ulduar.

However, all I said above is complete nonsense if you don't enjoy it. Play what you like. Like I said, I've never played Enhancement but I'm almost finished collecting my set for it. I have Elemental offspec and I'm pumping out around 5K DPS on a Target Dummy with basic gear (Ushra - Ahn'Qiraj) but it's really, really repetetive and not very interesting. You said you're enjoying Enhancement, stick with it. Hey, you could even remove your Resto offspec for a few weeks once you've collected enough Ele gear and try it out. You don't HAVE to be a Healer

Good luck.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

You can go elemental.. for damn high dps xD

and enhas.. is really good and fast dps .

but i rather go healer .

easy to find groups and FUN !

Quote Originally Posted by Greviouz
    if you have a lvl 80 i would suggest getting some of the BoA gear as it boosts your SP by alot as elemental
    I forgot to mention that i got those Heirloom Shoulders for Elemental. Those from heroism emblems, Would u guys suggest to buy some blue's and get boosted in Ramparts and The bloodfurnace?

Wow gold - Purchase-able

Messages like these:
    Un-payable

Mastercard!

@Ushra, Wow! thanks! So enhancement aint shit with raiding? well i didnt really looked at forums a lot.. I love helping tbh Supportive ftw

( I posted this message a lil later because of a dead pigeon... long story )

Wow gold - Purchase-able

Messages like these:
    Un-payable

Mastercard!

Quote Originally Posted by Bierbuik
    I forgot to mention that i got those Heirloom Shoulders for Elemental. Those from heroism emblems, Would u guys suggest to buy some blue's and get boosted in Ramparts and The bloodfurnace?
    You could do some Heroics for Badges of Justice if you can fidn a group willing to do it

EDIT: No problem.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

im resto becouse is more fun for me and my off is enh

problem whit to be enh on raid is to know how to survive becouse if u die when fight is start better fake a dc
    i lvl from 70 to 80 as enh and is very easy shamanistic rage and feral spirit give u alot of surv
    problem whit enh is at raid bosses where u need to more alot, there u dps will be low

as ele u are ranged and ranged dps is more chance to find a place in raid adn ofc u will take the gear more easy

i not say ele is more fun then enh or enh is more fun then ele is depend what u whant to be: ranged or melee

p.s. my english i crap so sorry for some mistake

I'm dual specced for Elemental/Enhancement. I switch back and forth between whichever is "needed" or better suits the particular fight, such as going elemental for totem of wrath and an AoE root on earthbind or going enhancement to give melee imp SoE and unleashed rage.

If we have an equal amount of melee and casters and the fight is going to be the same either way, I always choose elemental. <3 Having similar gear-quality for both, I find I do more dps as elemental. Then again that could also be because most of my guilds 10 man setup is casters so I'm a lot more used to the abilities and such.

Elemental is good dps, it's just enhancement will scale a lot better with gear. As Elemental you might go from 3k-6k, but in that same gear-ilevel you could go 2k-8k as Enhancement. Enhancement is a bit too dependant on RNG Windfury procs for me to start praising it as Elemental's "better".

Personal preference I suppose, if you're liking Enhancement then for the love of whoever your class trainer is, stick with it.

with whatever spec you choose remember, Shamans are hybrids and thus carry more utility. Both Enhance and Elemental specs provide buffs that can help "max" you raids DPS.

Never expect to top the damage charts either when up against "pure" classes IE: Mage Locks Rogues, etc.

As for leveling, Enhancement all the way. Hardly any down-time and further along in your questing Soloing group quest is a breeze. Gotta love those spirit wolves

"crap" gear: ele will out preform enhance
    ok-good gear: enhance starts to catch up

at least whats what i've noticed with my sham, then again it could be his naxx weps
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

My 73 shaman is enhancement/resto.
    Maaaaaybe going elemental at 75 when I can get lava burst.

You should, you will love it. 6k-ish Lava Burst's at 75 with crap gear. Ohhh yess.

a friend boosted me on my shammy in ramps and bf! i got like full spellpower gear now, and hit a lot. like 2,2k!

Wow gold - Purchase-able

Messages like these:
    Un-payable

Mastercard!