Poll: Will you respec shadow when rocking rated battlegrounds? (cause we can do some rocking there).

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Deleted

Rated battlegrounds in next expansion

Yes, we all know that shadow is doing well in battlegrounds, and not as well as we would like in arena.
    Next expansion will give us more spec choices pvp since rated battlegrounds will come. Disco will not be a must in battlegrounds, or will it? What spec will you choose? Go ahead and answer my poll and leave some nice comments as well if you like =)

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Rated battlegrounds in next expansion

I'll probably use a Holy PvP Healing spec. The AoE capacity of holy is extremely valuable in Battlegrounds.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Where's the option for 'DPS is a dime a dozen and healers have a much larger impact in BGs.' I'll go with that.

Deleted

I nearly always top battlegrounds as Shadow and if i want something different, you know, that's why i like hybridness, i'll go offspec disci. That will never change any expansion or whatever comes. I built this char shadow and shadow will remain. Also let's 1st see the revamps on our talent trees and how will affect all of us.

Hopefully, over time, rated BGs will become more popular then Arenas.

As it stands now, you need to put a lot more effort into winning a BG, then you do into Arena. People don't see this because of the pugs that BGs has built itself on in the last few years.

Imagine entire Battleground Teams going up against different teams.

That means,

no more one sided pre-made VS pug BG's

and no more pug VS pug BGs.

It's a concept that a lot of fancy pants arena players don't see to want to try and wrap their head around. I guess once they realize they can't pillar hump and zerg healers their mind is kind of blown.

"Wait, what? I actually have to use strategy and work together as a massive team? Wtf is this?!?!?"

It'll be a glorious day. REAL pvp is coming, folks.

Arena, is NOT real pvp.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

What the guy above me said.Also I find quite enjoying shadow in bg although I still think disc will be a better specc in that case too.

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow

Arena, is NOT real pvp.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

I'm not sure what sort of morons play on your opposite sides, but the few times that I'm Shadow in Battlegrounds, I usually get raped by any melee in a matter of seconds. It's like the purpley patch of Troll just attracts them.

Either way, I'll go with being a healer. It's usually way better for Battlegrounds, especially when you end up in that team with 13 dps and some guy in a tank spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow
    It's a concept that a lot of fancy pants arena players don't see to want to try and wrap their head around. I guess once they realize they can't pillar hump and zerg healers their mind is kind of blown.

"Wait, what? I actually have to use strategy and work together as a massive team? Wtf is this?!?!?"

It'll be a glorious day. REAL pvp is coming, folks.

Arena, is NOT real pvp.
    So you are saying you can't apply arena "tactics" in bg battles? Are you serious?
    The team you work with is bigger, you have other rules and other objectives, but at some point it will come down to fighting and at that point it's realy similar to arena.
    You will have to use other kinds of tactics, regarding the objective of the bg, but killing people, is still killing people. I can run around obstacles in BG's all day if I want.

Don't get me wrong, I like bg's more then arena, but you only try to be an ass, because you don't like arena, so you resort insulting arena players in general, instead of making a real point.

Anyways, I realy look forward to rated battlegrounds.
    Since the team is bigger, the more choices you have regarding your spec and still be viable, but chances are specific specs will get you invited more / raise your chance of winning, but it will come down to player skill alot more then it does in arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

I'm super-pumped about rated BGs. It feels like more of an accomplishment when I get a guild premade together than doing arenas with 1,2,4 other people. I like the strategy of actual goals rather than pew pew the guy with the red name.

I also agree that BGs feel more like PvP should, at least for me coming from a PvP realm and the good ole days of X-roads and SS. With the way Blizzard has set up the reward system, it feels like "real" PvPers ought to do arenas, and scrubs do BGs to grind old news gear.

I believe these two types of PvP should be mutually exclusive. The rated BG experience will go a long way towards achieving this goal.

Kel is totally going to pump a PvP variant smite spec. People will see me, they'll be like "NON SHADOW PRIEST = HEALER KILL IT" and I'll have a real healer spamming me while I wtf pwn them in the face. It'll be much lulz. But on a serious note? I am definitely looking forward to this. Enough of the minigame that is arena. Gladitorial combat is not open warfare.

This is Spar--... WarCraft!
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337
    actually it is. Requires coordonation and thinking about what your opponents will do next, position yourself well etc.

rated bg will be about turtling, and that won't be fun ^^

Does Op think he will get anywhere using PvE spec in rated pvp? lul

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

why not stay disc? i meen healers in bgs are really important sometimes

voted for: Give up penance for lousy shadow, are you mad?!?!

I rolled priest because i wanted to heal.

I want rated bg's becuase:

I am tired of playing with crappy geared, shitty skilled, afking players and if I get my rank up I am hoping that I will at least get a better game where I do not feel helpless becuase 5 people on my team have no idea or dont care what they are doing. It is one thing to lose. It is another thing to lose and no matter what you do you can not change that fact.

I also liked PvP guilds.

When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".