Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    If you are pulling 8k on General Vezax, you are stomping me into the ground. Because of the Aura of Despair, my DPS takes it in the shorts. On Monday night, our guild did hard mode 25man General. I believe I had a personal best DPS of 6250. I must be missing something or perhaps you are mistaken.

    8k on Jaraxxus is much more believable for several reasons. Demon (3% more damage), Exorcism guaranteed crit, adds for more splash damage, and the ability to use Holy Wrath.
    Last time I did normal general I was doing 6500dps with aesir's edge and none of my ToC gear. Since then ive gained 6% crit, over 1k ap, and 200 top end weapon damage. I havnt done general normal in almost 2 months so I cannot say for certainty where I would be but i presume it should be north of the 7k mark and close to 8k, considering I do 8k on Jaraxxus and like you said its a 3% damage boost and guaranteed exo crits but also have to be wary of bad legion flames which seem to always be a problem. On general you just sit there and beat on the guy, nothing hard, nothing to stop your dps and it only lasts as long as a good pw kill used to so you can get optimal useage of wings and bl. So when I lumped the two in together I was blanketly referencing stand there and look stupid fights not trying to be perfectly accurate with numbers. Even still on our HM general kills these days we have to stop dps a good 30 second before the animous even spawns or else we would end up killing him before and not get the HM kill, so my current numbers on him are unuseable in terms of dps accuracy.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want.* If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.* If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it.* I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't;* I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

  2. #22

    Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    Last time I did normal general I was doing 6500dps with aesir's edge and none of my ToC gear. Since then ive gained 6% crit, over 1k ap, and 200 top end weapon damage. I havnt done general normal in almost 2 months so I cannot say for certainty where I would be but i presume it should be north of the 7k mark and close to 8k, considering I do 8k on Jaraxxus and like you said its a 3% damage boost and guaranteed exo crits but also have to be wary of bad legion flames which seem to always be a problem. On general you just sit there and beat on the guy, nothing hard, nothing to stop your dps and it only lasts as long as a good pw kill used to so you can get optimal useage of wings and bl. So when I lumped the two in together I was blanketly referencing stand there and look stupid fights not trying to be perfectly accurate with numbers. Even still on our HM general kills these days we have to stop dps a good 30 second before the animous even spawns or else we would end up killing him before and not get the HM kill, so my current numbers on him are unuseable in terms of dps accuracy.
    8k on Vesax? I call bullshit

    I'd also like to see a wws of that 10k dps on ignis you mentioned.

    If you can pull 8k on ignis that would be impressive, but 10k is simply not doable, well unless you get Triple Hysteria and spam TotT'ed from 3 rogues.
    WoD Main:
    - Footwork ~ Hunter
    MoP Main:
    - Hexn ~ Shadowpriest
    - SoO WoL rankings // WOL ranks previous tiers

  3. #23

    Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

    Not really well stacked adds and switch to SoComm when you have 4+ adds up. BL wings and some good crits. High dps on Ignis is entirely based on stacking the adds much like emalon. Get a good stack and you get high dps, bad stacks or lots of movement and your dps is going to tank. In order to see numbers like this your raid HAS to stand still and stack up on his butt, holding the adds while nuking the boss.

    Its a gimmick fight and not worth looking at in terms of dps because its not single target.

    Not my parse but shows you what I mean.
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...5299#damageout
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want.* If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.* If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it.* I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't;* I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

  4. #24

    Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

    We did heroic toc tonight and I remember getting about 8.2 probably with everything up right at the begining including heroism. When I started switching around to snobolds it levelled out. That was about my peak though, normally 6.0k 6.5 is me doing well.

  5. #25
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Seattle / Stockholm
    Posts
    235

    Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

    Holding about 6.5 - 7.5k on the basic toc25 fights.
    i7 3930k // ASUS Rampage IV Extreme // Corsair Dominator 32GB
    EVGA GTX 680 FTW // 2x OCZ 128GB SSD // Cooler Master Cosmos II

  6. #26

    Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    Not really well stacked adds and switch to SoComm when you have 4+ adds up. BL wings and some good crits. High dps on Ignis is entirely based on stacking the adds much like emalon. Get a good stack and you get high dps, bad stacks or lots of movement and your dps is going to tank. In order to see numbers like this your raid HAS to stand still and stack up on his butt, holding the adds while nuking the boss.

    Its a gimmick fight and not worth looking at in terms of dps because its not single target.

    Not my parse but shows you what I mean.
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...5299#damageout
    Oh that makes more sense.

    We don't do Ignis like that at all, we tank him far away from the adds, which means Ignis actually becomes one of the best single target dps measures in Ulduar (barring unlucky pots). That was why 10k seemed totally unrealistic to me, but ofc it makes sense if you are stacking with adds and padding meters with SoC
    WoD Main:
    - Footwork ~ Hunter
    MoP Main:
    - Hexn ~ Shadowpriest
    - SoO WoL rankings // WOL ranks previous tiers

  7. #27

    Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

    Heroics are hard to judge, depending on the fight I can do anywhere from 1600-3500, usually around 2600-2800 on average. Raids I do around 4500-4800 on average.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...utus&n=Arcilux

    I want the Edge of Ruin but it won't drop for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Stop out of topic conversation, or I'll show you my giant hammer.

    PS: The hammer is my penis.

  8. #28

    Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

    VERY variable based on different fights, as any dps. When I go ret where I can just sit on a boss and go single target I'll get slightly over 6k. An example of this is Gormok from Northrend Beasts. Then it tanks a bit with the worms and icehowl.

  9. #29

    Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

    I usually do around 4-5k dps in 5 mans, 5-6k in 10 mans and between 6-7k in 25 mans, depends on where tho, once in a 10 man i managed to do 6.9k on ignis

    oh, and here's my gear : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&n=Lopp%C3%A1n
    Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck.

  10. #30

    Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

    About 6.3k on any patchwerk-style fight with SoV, any fight with adds using SoC can easily each 9-11k for short durations.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

  11. #31

    Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

    on a patchwork type fight 6-8k is where you want to be, i just got my BIS axe last night and did 7200 on the first chick in AV so i think ill be seeing 9kish on jarrax this week and twins will be ridiculous.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cil&n=Pallyzar

  12. #32

    Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

    My dps is substantial, but the numbers vary wildly based on the fight. 3.5-4k on a fight like Faction Champions due to the number of targets and how quickly they die. 10-13k on a fight like Hodir which we all know is gimmicky. On a long, single-target, non-gimmicky, low-movement fight (which are few and far between nowadays) I average anywhere between 5.5-7k depending on how hard I roll my face. :P
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    ******
    Remember 3.0.......

  13. #33

    Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

    According to WMO stats from yesterdays normal 25 man ToC:
    Total to bosses
    Anub: 7696 5516
    Twins: 11247
    Champions: 5294 5073
    Jaraxxus: 9564 9044
    Beasts: 6251 5972

    Seems i fucked up a bit on beasts atleast as its lower than usual.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandrassan
    Real tanks block with their hands.* And parry with their dicks.* Dodging is for pussies.

  14. #34
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Old Europe
    Posts
    104

    Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

    Hmmm i thought that i can handle a ret pala, but when i read your dps posts and look at your gear iam ashamed of what iam doing in
    25 man raids.

    beasts: 4,5-5,7k
    jaraxxus: (Only if i stay permanantly on the boss, because the adds are wide spread in the arena) 5,5k - 6k
    champions: Dont mind it. I run often around and pick up some champions so the healers dont have all the attention.
    Twins: roughly 6-7.2k
    anub: 5,5k

    My biggest dps score was on Hodir with 9,7k dps. But with the fact that this is a complete gimmick fight it has no value for me.

    Since 3.2 my rota was like the standard one like ronark stated it in his ret FAQ here. But in a post from ferraro he/she said that we should use

    1.) Cast Seal of Vengeance/Corruption on yourself.
    2.) Judge Wisdom.
    3.) Cast Consecration.
    4.) Then Divine Storm.
    5.) Hit Crusader Strike.
    6.) Use Exorcism since you'll likely have an AoW proc up.
    7.) Repeat and adjust as needed.
    8.) And Hammer of Wrath takes total priority from 20% and on.

    And then from here on out CS takes precedence.
    thats my gear -> http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ossar&n=Qwayne atm pvp but in my PvE gear i have ca 4,3k ap unbuffed // 34% crit / too much hit ^^// 23 (with glyph 33) expertise

    So what i am doing wrong

    edit: T8,5 2p bonus / T9 2p bonus and Glyph SoV / Judgement / Consecration

    Delivering Justice Since 2008 - retired since April 2011

  15. #35

    Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

    Here's the dps i do

    Algalon 25 : 7471
    Northrend Beast 25 (heroic) : 6162
    Lord Jaraxus 25 (heroic) : 6901
    Twins Valkyr 25 (heroic) : 9797 (but died with the OP buff D: )

    Lord Jaraxus 25 on normal i did 8234 DPS (lol nuke fest)

  16. #36
    Warchief Adamson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    West-GA
    Posts
    2,062

    Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

    12,000dps.

    Every boss. Ever.






















    Even at level 60

  17. #37
    Epic! Swampmoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Timonium, Maryland
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    12,000dps.

    Every boss. Ever.





















    Even at level 60
    I have 5 more achievement points now. I win the game.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...t&n=Swampmoose

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Stop getting horny goo, judge on cd.

  18. #38

    Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

    I do 3k avg on dumies. Raid wise about 4k ish. Sarth 10m i did 5k thx to concencrate ;p hit capped but need more expertise. 4.5kap 30%crit.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

  19. #39

    Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

    Idk I average about 6-7k+ on non gimmick fights.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ea+52&n=Armora

  20. #40

    Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Minich
    Idk I average about 6-7k+ on non gimmick fights.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ea+52&n=Armora

    Gratz on geting 0 keepers today.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •