Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: New Cataclysm Screenshots and Artworks

Quote Originally Posted by Lokiy
    /facepalm

Just Gilneas town I'm afraid.

???
    Same old s**** just reworked. Feels like a recycling plant with 1 goal . Keep the money rolling with same old shit with a new name . Like american car industry.
    Time to do a Major upgrade on the graphics instead.
    Was outdatet allready in 04 .
    Time to switch for a new and better one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronica
    ???
    Same old s**** just reworked. Feels like a recycling plant with 1 goal . Keep the money rolling with same old shit with a new name . Like american car industry.
    Every game does this. its funny how everyone cries that all the old content goes to waste and a game tries to rehash some of that content and everyone starts bitching o they are just using the old stuff....

Cata is going to be sweet and i for one am looking forward to it =P don't like it don't buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Drezter
    I hope the Darkshore pictures with trolls do not indicate that is their new home. I switched to Horde because I couldn't stand leveling in Darkshore and Duskwood, preferring bright desert zones. Specifically I switched to trolls because I dig the tropical vibes, and Darkshore is definitely not tropical.
    I hope the same thing, since the Night Elves are kind of running out of zones here. They've been kicked out of apparently most of Ashenvale, and Auberdene is flooded. What's the plan, get to level 9 and then go to Westfall?

Quote Originally Posted by Cronica
    ???
    Not everyone is playing with top-quality computers. And if you are now referring to "But Aion lookz zo kewl", please keep in mind that with the amounts of players in WoW, it is really hard to keep up with that kind of graphics.
    Think about Dalaran, for example. It, according to you, was outdated already in 04. Yet with most players, Dalaran means that FPS is going to dip to 5-20 per second.
    Now imagine that, but everything looks 5x "better". The shapes won't see that much difference (if you are using Max. camera distance, which most seem to use) but your computer is going to cry out for mercy. :P

Accept it. If WoW would go to "good" quality, 99% of the players couldn't play. 1 FPS does not equal to playable. :P

Besides, what's wrong with the cartoony graphics? Although this is personal opinion, l like them ^^

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by tabletti
    Not everyone is playing with top-quality computers. And if you are now referring to "But Aion lookz zo kewl", please keep in mind that with the amounts of players in WoW, it is really hard to keep up with that kind of graphics.
    Think about Dalaran, for example. It, according to you, was outdated already in 04. Yet with most players, Dalaran means that FPS is going to dip to 5-20 per second.
    Now imagine that, but everything looks 5x "better". The shapes won't see that much difference (if you are using Max. camera distance, which most seem to use) but your computer is going to cry out for mercy. :P

Accept it. If WoW would go to "good" quality, 99% of the players couldn't play. 1 FPS does not equal to playable. :P

Besides, what's wrong with the cartoony graphics? Although this is personal opinion, l like them ^^
    low fps means shitty coding

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodelfer
    word

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodelfer
    I agree with you on that if the coding ain't efficient, it will lower FPS.

But remember that WoW has to run on Mac's etc. too, it may make it slightly harder to do properly
    ( l don't know anything about coding, but l'd suppose Mac works in a different way?)

But hey, l'd like to know why don't you like these at-the-moment graphics and want some other style instead? =)
    After all, it IS a fantasy game. We kill giants shaped from molten lava, elementals composed of electricity while flinging our bolts of shadow at them.
    Not so realistic graphics fit better than "proper" ones, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegos
    Why do you people care so much about graphics? I like how this game looks, even though Grizzly Hills looks a lot better than say.. Stranglethorn Vale, I don't mind walking around in STV. I'm not like "ewwww omg the texturez are so uglyzzz i want 2 get out of herez!1".
    That's exactly what I think....
    I can't lvl my character fast enough to 58 so I can finally leave azeroth behind.
    I used to like it in 2006, but now after seeing Northrend and especially the good looking npcs and new races I would love a bit of graphic improvement. Not new engine, just like northrend

Quote Originally Posted by Lokiy
    You are wrong about everything here.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Evyan
    That's exactly what I think....
    I can't lvl my character fast enough to 58 so I can finally leave azeroth behind.
    I used to like it in 2006, but now after seeing Northrend and especially the good looking npcs and new races I would love a bit of graphic improvement. Not new engine, just like northrend
    Yea im pretty happy with the game the way it looks. It only needs slight tweaks, upgrades here and there. Not complete overhauls. I like being able to run it at a decent fps still. lol
    I'll Never Forget You...
    Vanessa "Nellie" Marcussen 1987 - 2007

nice pics

10+ Year Old Account

Can't wait for the whole expansion.. finally somethings happening in the story
    The only thing i'm not happy about is the new alliance race. I'm Ally and i'm gonna roll a Worgen, but 90% of them will have names like "Shadowdeath" or something other terrible word combination of "evil" words :-\

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    And while we're at it we should give DKs a ghoul with a Gauss Rifle and marine helmet riding a gargoyle on top of a deathcharger standing idle on a wight scratching an abomination on the head that dances on top of a frostwyrm

Quote Originally Posted by evil_pacman
    Can't wait for the whole expansion.. finally somethings happening in the story
    The only thing i'm not happy about is the new alliance race. I'm Ally and i'm gonna roll a Worgen, but 90% of them will have names like "Shadowdeath" or something other terrible word combination of "evil" words :-\
    yeah.. like when blizz launched Wotlk and all rerolled Dk's and named them by there old mains like.
    Cyrous became DarkCyrous.
    Worgen gona pown!(maybe alli can win a BG for once now, lolz)
    Goblin gona pown since I need a shaman in my character selection screen.