Swift Retribution Question

We run 2 rets in our raids and i was wondering if the talent Swift Ret. stacks and if not is it logical that only one of paladins spends points in the talent to gain the buff?

Re: Swift Retribution Question

no they dont

15+ Year Old Account

They do not stack. If you can count on the one with the talent to be there all the time, I see no reason the other has to have it, outside of his own personal reasons.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Daffyduck
    We run 2 rets in our raids and i was wondering if the talent Swift Ret. stacks and if not is it logical that only one of paladins spends points in the talent to gain the buff?

They don't stack with eachother, nor the Moonkin aura: However, they do stack with IIT and the ToW/WF totems.

Awsome thanks guys and thanks for all the work in general you guys do with this site

Quote Originally Posted by Daffyduck
    Awsome thanks guys and thanks for all the work in general you guys do with this site

For future reference, you can see which buffs stack/don't by using RAWR. All raid buffs are broken into groups. Any buff in that group is a shared effect with the other buffs.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

..like swift retribution was ever worse spending points in it.
    a swift embarracing failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowblast
    Not sure what you are trying to say here. Any PvE ret paladin without Swift Retribution should be: A)Kicked from party/raid and B)Kicked from guild and C) Heckled mercilessly.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowblast
    Yeah, i'm going to have to agree with the guy above who also criticised your nonsensical rambling. Ret has so many spare points after getting every DPS boost available that there is nothing at all that not worth the points. It's not like you have to give up better stuff to get Swift Retribution.

Also, its best not to try and be funny in a language you are not proficient in; it rarely comes off as you intended, or funny at all.

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Not sure what you are trying to say here. Any PvE ret paladin without Swift Retribution should be: A)Kicked from party/raid and B)Kicked from guild and C) Heckled mercilessly.
    Well in some situations it might be better to pick up vindication+hotw+bom instead.

i didnt intend to tell you a joke, in fact, i do speak as i want.
    we haz freedom of speech amirite?
    btw ret haz to have AMastery or DSacrifice, so think a bit bout sparing some points.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Well in some situations it might be better to pick up vindication+hotw+bom instead.
    You can only drop Swift Retribution if there is another ret to cover the buff, or you have a moonkin. Also, you can easily cover Blessing of Might along with Swift Ret, and what the hell is "hotw?"

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    You can only drop Swift Retribution if there is another ret to cover the buff, or you have a moonkin. Also, you can easily cover Blessing of Might along with Swift Ret, and what the hell is "hotw?"
    I think he meant JotW.

This may be stereotypical, but moonkins seem to be very flaky as raiders. Past guilds that I have been a member of have had at least one but their attendance always seems to be questionable. Mine is 100% over the past six months.

My spec since 3.2 has covered Seals of the Pure, Imp BoM, Swift Ret, Divine Sacrifice, and anything else I might have wanted.

Sorrow, just because you want to use some of your points for PvP purposes doesn't mean that you couldn't/shouldn't have them in a pure PvE build. 3% haste is an extra .1 seconds off your swing speed. Especially in 10mans, you cannot guarantee that you'll have a boomkin there to provide what is a pretty significant DPS boost for the entire raid.

15+ Year Old Account

I think he meant JotW.

This may be stereotypical, but moonkins seem to be very flaky as raiders. Past guilds that I have been a member of have had at least one but their attendance always seems to be questionable. Mine is 100% over the past six months.
    its weird you say that ive seen the same.. not just their attendance too, bad dps with that

I think he meant JotW.
    Nah HotC = Heart of the Crusader = 3% crit, which can easily be brought by an elemental shaman (Why would I skip Judgements of the Wise o0)

Whatever as I said it depends on the raid setup which one of those buffs you choose, but DivSac is usually a must have. (HotC,BoM,Swift Retribution,Vindication are nice to have and depend on the raid setup)

15+ Year Old Account

Are you sure you want to trust another player with passive buff that you could bring
    Dead paladin#2 = bye passive buff

it might be me and my bad guild experience since i came back.. :-\
    Why would I skip Judgements of the Wise?
    why would you pass it.. well being a complete idiot is one, ive seen a few.. the guy even asked why he was always oom too
    /switch faction, gank him

Nah HotC = Heart of the Crusader = 3% crit, which can easily be brought by an elemental shaman (Why would I skip Judgements of the Wise o0)

Whatever as I said it depends on the raid setup which one of those buffs you choose, but DivSac is usually a must have. (HotC,BoM,Swift Retribution,Vindication are nice to have and depend on the raid setup)

And yet none of the reasons youve given justify NOT having swift ret.

You can have DSac (or aura mastery) Heart of the Crusader, Vindication, BoM, or anything else for that matter.

That said up until the guild I am currently In, I have never had a good or consistent boomkin.... and now I have 2!!!! One of them actually beat my 7.9k jaraxxus parse which I was mildly irritated by (grats to ashvoyager). Ive thought about changing my spec to allow for more utility based on what buffs I CAN potentially get rid of due to having consistent raiders but the bottom line is there are no other talents worth taking that arent too deep for me to be able to get.

What that means is that for any other worth while talent I would want, I would have to lose Divine Storm and thats not a trade off im willing to make.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.