Page 1 of 2
LastLast

7 Day Lockout for Icecrown 5 Man?

With a 5 man that size with seperate wings etc.. do you think they will treat it as a small raid and limit runs to every 7 days like Naxx etc.. or allow you to clean up on badges and epics on a daily basis?

I hope they 7 day it personally.

Re: 7 Day Lockout for Icecrown 5 Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    With a 5 man that size with seperate wings etc.. do you think they will treat it as a small raid and limit runs to every 7 days like Naxx etc.. or allow you to clean up on badges and epics on a daily basis?

I hope they 7 day it personally.
    No. Same old 1 day reset.

Reason being, they said we can go into individual wings to farm to our heart's content once we've cleared the original 3 via the questline.

It's a mechanism to help casual players catch up gear-wise so they can PUG 10-normal Icecrown or something. Seems the new M.O. of Blizzard is to scale heroic loot quality up with each additional tier of raiding, different from how TBC handled it.

The same actually. Higher end badge gear with the same badges. Just needed more of them. Same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

N0

No

No

No

No

n0

NO

I like variety

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku
    The same actually. Higher end badge gear with the same badges. Just needed more of them. Same thing.
    I don't follow. A 232 drop that costs nothing is very different from 232/245 gear you buy with badges.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX
    I don't follow. A 232 drop that costs nothing is very different from 232/245 gear you buy with badges.
    I don't follow this either, why would 232 that drop be different from 232 you buy :S

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r
    I don't follow this either, why would 232 that drop be different from 232 you buy :S
    Think about it.

232 gear dropping off 8 different bosses over the course of a day per week is very different from paying 40-60 badges for one item.

It's a much faster gear up process. So I don't understand how ItachiZaku's logic follows that there hasn't been an increase.

yes but its gearing up for content that's already being played rather than in advance of it existing. therefore isn't it sensible it should be a faster process ? (if that is the aim)
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

yes but according to logic, this is equivelent to ToC 10 man (when new instances are on heroic) now i know what your gonna say ToC 10 is easy. But now we got 5 people doing a 10 man raid(previous not naxx quality) so by logics standards it's a 5 man version of a 10 man raid...
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

ToC 5-man drops Ulduar 10 quality loot, and it's on a 1 day reset. So, according to that logic, the new 5-mans should drop 10-man ToC quality loot, which it will, and should be on a 1-day reset.

Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

1 day lockout on heroic, unlimited on normal. Have you guys even played this game?
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

15+ Year Old Account

Here's to hoping it's alot harder than your average heroic. Like minimum 3k dps needed and stuff like that.

Would be cool if they opened up "Tiers" of heroics in cataclysm. They would just have to be pretty difficult.

I think if we learned anything from WotLk it's that easy Heroics/raids make everyone bored.

i dont think it is a bad idea to let more players gear up faster. look at it, right now 6 out of 10 players haven't even gotten through naxx 25, and the new expansion is on its way. and what good is it that blizz just keeps putting out new content? sooner or later these players are gona quit the game if they feel they can't get to see what the new content is like. blizz is brilliant, and yes it's a company that wants to make money so they wana have as many ppl playing and having fun. some epeen depressed won't agree to that, but hey that's life. blizz at the end will look at its incoming cash not the complaints of some elitists.

Magisters Terrace anyone?

Deleted

i really hope it will be like the TBC heroics, where you actually had to put effort into it, rather than pulling the entire instance and AOE'ing it down.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

I do agree its nice to let people catch up, doing naxx is near impossible on my server. Its def one of those things that bliz made easier, but its one I cant fault them for in the slightest (i dont really care about any of it, but i understand to an extent with some)

can't see this happening for so many reasons, if u wanna have a 5 man instance on a 7 days lockout its gotta be worth it, ie a long instance, HoL being one of the longest instance in WotLK it is still shorter than most if not all of the TBC heroics and still very few ppl go there, at least on the 2 servers i play on, and if u do make a 5 man that long ppl will avoid pugging it so they dont get saved for nothing, another reason is that if its on a 7 days lockout period it cannot be listed in the daily heroics quest, cuz due to the RNG it might be more than just once per week, then u will have to skip a day of daily heroic, alot of ppl WILL QQ about it
    personally i never liked the idea of handing loot like since TBC's isle of queldanas release, and whenever i comment about it ppl say that i am a nerd or a hater or w/e...there is a huge list, but ater WotLK the epic handout went even more more to the extent that i personally quit raiding, however i say lets make this 5 man drop T10 tokens....after all that's wat casuals want, isnt that wat blizzard want? to please the QQers who dont know how to stay out the fire??

PS: if ur gonna respond to me saying that i'm a no lifer or w/e, just save the effort cuz i already knw them all ^^
    Legionnaire Nazgrim yells: Thrall's balls! They're everywhere...

Thanks to Shyama for the lovely signature

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    i really hope it will be like the TBC heroics, where you actually had to put effort into it, rather than pulling the entire instance and AOE'ing it down.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but with the gearing process thats what you did later on in TBC aswell (except in MGT, altough not with a palatank :<). As gear upgrades, the easier the instance becomes. Only difference is while in TBC you could do that in t5-t6 (aoe zerg with absolutely no CC and just rushing - heck, as a destro lock I remember zerging the mob before it could actually reached me while tank was pulling the next grp(s).) now you can pretty much do it in naxx10 gear and above.

I am pretty sure most of you run around in full t8 by now, and some t9. You do realise these instances are made for people with ilvl200 blues, right? These are not progress raids, these are "gear up so you can enter raids/enjoy some lore" dungeons. And ToC was really awesome from that point of view (short, lots of available GOOD starter gear, making gearing up faster).

If they do that, I want you to go to a Instance like BRD, and tell me why there isnt a 7 day lockout on that. Level 60's got to do MASSIVE instances, anything after Classic is full of Wings.

Well think about it while i do agree people need to work hard to get their good loot, the gamei s progressing right now and we're comign closer to fighting the lich king, we need people geared up and ready for that.. there will be -way- better gear in the new raids so it's a nice balance i think.
    This user has been banned.