Retri paladin JotW bug or not?

Hey there. Recently ive been having huge problems in arena with mana, and ive spotted the problem lying within Judgement of the Wise. Basically when judging a target who has some kind of absorb effect on them, like priest bubbles, frost mages Ice Barrier, dks, even sacret shield the mana gain effect dosn't trigger. For instance when playing 3v3 agains RMP you can imagine my pain as ive got to cleanse alot with the frost mage spamming sheep/frost nova, and im getting 0 mana back with all the bubbles running + rogues evasion and the mages Ice Barrier. And quite frankly Divine plea is not enough at all to keep my mana up. If the priest is clever and mana burns im completely out of the game in like 1 minute or less.

The part that annoys me the most is that nearly all classes got some kind of absorb effect now and rets already got to use alot of mana as stamina/resilience is increasing ALOT on everyone. so games last quite long.

Im using Seal of Righteousness and ive heard it isnt working very well with gaining mana back? If you know something about this please post Anyone else having the same problems or am I doing something wrong?

Re: Retri paladin JotW bug or not?

It's working as intended.

Yea thats the stupid part, its working as intended.. altho if we may believe the tooltip its not (returns mana on cast i believe? so not on dmg...) anyhow i always crusaderstrike to start with and if the shields aint gone they are so weak my judgement will go through and get mana back..
    but without a doubt if they keep those shields up you cannot always try get the shield away before judge so eventually, you get oom.. its not the end of the world but something to keep in mind.

Same as with warriors and rage. They dont get rage from absorbed attacks just like we dont get mana. Sucks but it is indeed working as intended.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

the BUG with SoR is that it won't return mana if you judge it on low level mobs, it also does about 600 dmg, i havn't even been bothered to check if the ability is still ranked, but that would be why.

in terms of arena, if you don't get mana back when you judge people in shields, and are trying to play the mana game, i have a simple solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    Same as with warriors and rage. They dont get rage from absorbed attacks just like we dont get mana. Sucks but it is indeed working as intended.
    Wasn't there some change that allowed warriors to get rage from absorbed damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Wasn't there some change that allowed warriors to get rage from absorbed damage?
    I believe the change was the other way round to what you are thinking, Warriors now gain rage from attacks against them whilst shielded

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflid
    the BUG with SoR is that it won't return mana if you judge it on low level mobs, it also does about 600 dmg, i havn't even been bothered to check if the ability is still ranked, but that would be why.
    That's possibly the most annoying bug going. I kill critters forgetting that I won't get any mana back, and just end up wasting it instead :S

SoR melee proc damage just happens before the Judgement damage. Since the Judgement damage never happens, there is no mana return. This is similar to shielded players. If the Judgement itself deals no damage, there is no mana return.

"Your damaging Judgement spells..."
    Link to WoWHead Judgements of the Wise for reference:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=31878

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lami
    I believe the change was the other way round to what you are thinking, Warriors now gain rage from attacks against them whilst shielded
    That was for Druid Bears in PvE, I think.

I do believe Warriors get rage off of Shielded targets. They changed it to stop Disc Priests being "wtfomgOP" against Warriors, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Lami
    This is correct. Ultima, the change is for bears and warriors.

Deleted

the change was both to allow them to get rage when being hit and having sa shield on them and to allow them to get rage from hitting shielded targets, and on topic this was first belived to be a bugg that judging shielded targets wont give mena back but was later confirmed to be working as inteneded when they changed the tooltip the thing that is a bit wrong with it is that even if your judgemet damages it still wont give mana back if even as little as 1 damage is absorbed

Quote Originally Posted by Laserbeamjoe
    Hey there. Recently ive been having huge problems in arena with mana, and ive spotted the problem lying within Judgement of the Wise. Basically when judging a target who has some kind of absorb effect on them, like priest bubbles, frost mages Ice Barrier, dks, even sacret shield the mana gain effect dosn't trigger. For instance when playing 3v3 agains RMP you can imagine my pain as ive got to cleanse alot with the frost mage spamming sheep/frost nova, and im getting 0 mana back with all the bubbles running + rogues evasion and the mages Ice Barrier. And quite frankly Divine plea is not enough at all to keep my mana up. If the priest is clever and mana burns im completely out of the game in like 1 minute or less.

The part that annoys me the most is that nearly all classes got some kind of absorb effect now and rets already got to use alot of mana as stamina/resilience is increasing ALOT on everyone. so games last quite long.

Im using Seal of Righteousness and ive heard it isnt working very well with gaining mana back? If you know something about this please post Anyone else having the same problems or am I doing something wrong?
    It's working correctly. Make sure you read it "Your damaging judgment". It will never give you mana back on a target with an absorb, I mean think about it, it doesn't give you mana back when you judge a cycloned target does it? It's not a bug that's just how it works.

Do I give you Ret Dreams?
    "It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80."

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflid

in terms of arena, if you don't get mana back when you judge people in shields, and are trying to play the mana game, i have a simple solution.
    This should have been fixed, or at least it was the last time I was nuking critters with SoR up.

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    negative. Warriors get rage on everything but immune targets. They make the same rage on absorbs as though they had dealt damage.

Not to beat the dead horse, but it is working properly.

There are ways around this, but you have to pay a little more attention. When (fill in the blank) uses a shield of some kind, you must recognize this and use CS/DS first. Because Seal of Command judgment damage is miserable, this shouldn't really be an issue. Strike the shield first, and you're good to go.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Not to beat the dead horse, but it is working properly.

There are ways around this, but you have to pay a little more attention. When (fill in the blank) uses a shield of some kind, you must recognize this and use CS/DS first. Because Seal of Command judgment damage is miserable, this shouldn't really be an issue. Strike the shield first, and you're good to go.
    Depends on your target: Most likely, you won't get through a 4pc T8.5 Holy Paladin's SS very easily every 4 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    This should have been fixed, or at least it was the last time I was nuking critters with SoR up.
    definitely not fixed

Why would you want it changed anyway?
    A fix would mean either take away the proc hit on judgement (bad, loss of damage) or place the judgement proc on top of the melee which is irrelevant, something strong enough to take a SoR beating but weak not to make SoV viable won't oom you and packs of weaker trash by now should be dealt with Command.

The way it works right now it hits before judging, which is actually good for PvP absorbs which are a pain in the ass due to how JotW works being probably where the seal is used the most.

Depends on your target: Most likely, you won't get through a 4pc T8.5 Holy Paladin's SS very easily every 4 seconds.
    T8.5 is starting to get outdated. With a relentless t1 weapon it's already easy enough to break the shield, with a t2 weapon is just a pure slaughter (if you are hiting the low-resil paladin, i mean).