Shadowpriest Spell&Talent Ideas

Just wanted to add a collection of ideas to see if the Devs liked any of them. Its a major wishlist/brainstorm so not everything will be balanced.

Vampiric Touch - Changed to Ice DoT and a Snare(glyph) for purposes of being an opener in pvp and to free up mindflay itemization.

Vampiric Embrace - Changed to a 30min raid buff that effects only 1 target. Healing will be siphoned to the target based on the dmg done by the Shadowpriest. Limit one VE per person in case of multiple Spriests in a raid/bg/arena.

Imp. Vampiric Embrace - New spell name/icon. This is a 10sec raidwide buff that will heal up to 3/5/7 people based on dmg done by the Shadowpriest. So basically a nice utility spell on a 3-5min cd. (Vampiric Blood/Call)

Mindflay -
    1) Mindflay stacking bonus each tick produces a raidwide effect. My thoughts on this was from the old Surv.hunter expose weakness or a rogues hemorrage.
    2) Mindflay glyph for PvE, increases Mindflay's channeled time by 33% and adds a 4th tick. (would this theoretically scale with haste?) The goal here would be to allow a second haste cap and 2 Mindflays in between each Mindblast but they would tick 8times instead of 6 total.
    3) Improved Mindflay talent that would allow each tick of mindflay to trigger an effect. (Mindblast cd refresh, instant MBs, refreshed DP/VT etc...)

Shadow Wordeath- new talent Master of Death talent 2/2 Reduces the backlash and cooldown by 100% on targets with less than 15-30% health. (combined with the glyph this could become a decent execute spell)
    "The Idea here is to make this a raiding option for Spriests that allow them to go into a "nuke" rotation when bosses are at lower health levels. This can offset our poor burst in the early stages of a fight while potentially allow us to make up for it in the end. It also doesnt effect Holy/Disc priest's use of the spell since its deep shadow talented. SO keep on dodging those polys"

Mindlink - "You and your mindlinked target gain 10% mana/rage/rune/energy and a chance upon casting any spell to gain +5% haste for 10sec. If its too OP for the melee classes then just limit it to mana pools only. (thx to ande9249 of wowhead for his ideas on this)

Spiritform -
    1) Your shadow dmg has a 10/20% chance to enhance your shadowform. During this time(10sec) you can cast holy spells. This takes the approach of "should I heal my raid/party or add in some nice burst dps?" You can also add a bonus% chance of proccing this based on spirit.
    2) Spiritform on a 5min cd allows the priest to seperate body from spirit. While activated your body will cast the same spells as your spirit casts for 15/25secs. However during this time you take 25/50% more dmg.

Imp. Shadowfiend -
    -Talented at 35 pts in the shadow tree
    -Requires Spirit tap/Imp Spirit tap and Shadowform
    -Becomes a permanent Pet with a cast bar

Shadowfiend Cast bar
    -Blackout (20yd stun with 25sec cd and 3sec duration)
    -Mindleech/Mindflay (a lesser version of mindflay, 1.5sec cast time, no cd, no channel effect or movement reduction. Can stack shadowweaving and refresh SWP)
    -Fade(similar to your imp. fade but it also heals the Fiend slightly and reduces chance to take AoE dmg by 80% for the duration)
    -Dark Energy ( a caster/pet friendly buff that last 10-20secs, has a 10min cd, and increases your spell haste/dmg as long as your pet is alive)
    You can still have the pet's mana replenishing attack on the cast bar, but it will need a cd relative to its current form.

Summon Shadows - Pretty much a 5min cd summon spell. Shadows will be lesser versions of the shadowfiend but will add a nice burst dps option. It can be a talent that activates with the original Shadowfiend.

Thank you for reading. Id appreciate any suggestions on how to balance these ideas if some of them are good enough in Blizz's eyes to make it in-game.

Re: Shadowpriest Spell&Talent Ideas

I personally think that there should be a glyph that allows the Shadow Fiend to possibly be a 1 minute pet but returns mana a rate slower than now. At the moment, ive noticed that using my shadow fiend allows for a roughly 1000 dps increase for the duration. It would make it a viable pvp pet by at least having a duration worthy of causing some pressure. This would make imp fade a much more popular talent choice. 1 out of every 3 mins you have a 1k~ dps increase. Sounds good to me

I especially like your spirit form passive. I know leveling, popping out of shadow, healing, and going back after a battle MILKED mana. I know its 10 extra seconds, but everyone wants a class with less downtime.

Make Improved Fade reduce damage to you by 20% for the duration and reduce stun duration by 50% while in effect. For PVE increase Mind Flay damage coefficient by 20%, change Glyph of SW to grant you 20% of your spirit as spellpower for 20 seconds and increase damage of SW.

Shadow doesn't need more gimmicks, they just need their current implementation to be improved. Give them a decent survival tool through Fade, increase the damage of their weaker abilities and give them better Glyph options.

I would like nothing more than to see Shadowform to have a lengthier tooltip.

Cataclysm will fix it?

Something along the lines of Invisible Stalker from D&D.

Maybe you'd summon Death to watch over a victim for something.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

15+ Year Old Account

I read none of it simply because it started with 'in case the dev's like any of them'.

they dont read these forums. stop pretending like they do. they have their own section of the wow forums, go get flamed there. it doesnt matter how much you post about your cool ideas for spells, they arent going to be changed by any drastic measure
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right