Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

*Useful Shaman Macros*

Note: I'll periodically edit these, as I find ways to improve them. Please note that the mount script at the bottom originated when WotLK was new. At that time, Dalaran made it so that simple [flyable] and [noflyable] conditionals would not work; hence the script was needed. It seems that Blizz may have fixed that issue, which makes simpler macros preferable, imo. I think it's still important to leave the script here, for two reasons: One, Blizz may hose up flying in the next expansion again, which might make a similar script a better choice, and two, many people who are interested in macros aren't aware that scripts can be implemented. TL;DR "scripts are nifty."

Note also: These macros are presented from a clicker's perspective. This thread is about promoting the use of macros to assist in gameplay, and shouldn't be used for debating clicking vs. keybinding. Macros can easily be adjusted to accommodate either style of play. If you like a macro I have listed here, but want to see how it would be set up for a particular keybinding setup, please ask, and I'll be happy to convert it.

Windfury or Earthliving on mainhand, Flametongue on offhand
    This macro allows a dual-specced enhance shaman to use one button to cast multiple weapon imbues. It's especially helpful, given that you single left click to cast/refresh windfury on your main hand, and single right click to cast/refresh flametongue weapon on your offhand. It also allows you to shift+left click to cast another spell on your main hand. In this example, I've chosen earthliving weapon. An elem offspec would simply change the text to flametongue weapon, on the 2nd line.

Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /use [mod:shift] Earthliving Weapon 
    /use [mod:shift] 16 
    /click StaticPopup1Button1 
    /stopmacro [mod:shift] 
    /use [nobutton:2] Windfury Weapon; Flametongue Weapon 
    /use [nobutton:2] 16; 17 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cast either Lighting, Earth, or Water Sheild on self
    This macro, like the one above, helps to free up space on your action bars, by combining all three elemental shields into one button. A shift+left click casts earth shield. A single left click casts lightning shield, and a single right click casts water shield.

Code:
    #showtooltip Lightning Shield
    /use [mod:shift] Earth Shield
    /stopmacro [mod:shift]
    /use [nobutton:2] Lightning Shield; Water Shield

Cast Wind Shear on enemy, either by focus or target
    The following macro allows a shaman to use a single click, and wind shear an enemy in any one of four targeting conditions. It's especially useful for resto shamans who keep the tank targeted for earth shield refreshes, but still need to keep a boss focused, for interrupts. The macro will interrupt the targeted enemy, based on the following order:
    - your focus
    - your target
    - your focus' target
    - your target's target
    One function of special importance is the /stopcast. If it weren't there, you'd have to move, in order to stop casting, just to be able to interrupt.

Edit: Removed the extraneous "exists" conditionals, since the "harm" conditional assumes "exists."

Code:
    #showtooltip Wind Shear
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead][@target,harm,nodead][@focustarget,harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead] Wind Shear

Cast Purge on enemy, either by focus or target
    The following macro allows a shaman to use a single click, and purge an enemy in any one of four targeting conditions. It's especially useful for resto shamans who keep the tank targeted for earth shield refreshes, but still need to keep a boss focused, for purging. The macro will purge the targeted enemy, based on the following order:
    - your focus
    - your target
    - your focus' target
    - your target's target
    One function of special importance is the /stopcast. If it weren't there, you'd have to move, in order to stop casting, just to be able to purge.

Edit: Removed the extraneous "exists" conditionals, since the "harm" conditional assumes "exists."

Code:
    #showtooltip Purge
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead][@target,harm,nodead][@focustarget,harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead] Purge

Chain Heal self, target, or focus
    Sometimes, an enhance shaman finds it convenient to pop an instant heal, either on himself, or on a certain target, during a boss fight. A left click of this macro will cast chain heal normally (self, if no target, otherwise, on the target), and a right click will cast chain heal on the shaman's focus.

Code:
    #showtooltip Chain Heal
    /stopcasting
    /cast [nobutton:2] Chain Heal; [@focus] Chain Heal

Healing Wave on self, target, or focus
    Sometimes, an enhance shaman finds it convenient to pop an instant heal, either on himself, or on a certain target, during a boss fight. A left click of this macro will cast healing wave normally (self, if no target, otherwise, on the target), and a right click will cast healing wave on the shaman's focus.

Code:
    #showtooltip Healing Wave
    /stopcasting
    /cast [nobutton:2] Healing Wave; [@focus] Healing Wave

Earth Shield on target or focus
    If you find yourself as the only resto shaman in a fight that requires the tanks to swap aggro, this macro may help. A left click casts earth shield on your target, and a right click casts earth shield on your focus.

Code:
    #showtooltip Earth Shield
    /stopcasting
    /cast [nobutton:2] Earth Shield; [@focus] Earth Shield

WotLK mount macro for flying and ground mount
    The following macro will allow you to use one button, with a single left click. Depending on what zone you're in, it will make you mount up on either a flying or ground mount. The numbers (6 and 12, in this example) correspond to the way your mounts are numbered. For example, if you're trying to set the macro to use a mount that is in the 3rd spot, on the 4th page, it would be number 39. The first number is your ground mount, and the second number in the macro is the flying mount.

Code:
    /script if (((GetZoneText()=="Dalaran") and (GetSubZoneText() ~="Krasus' Landing")) or (GetZoneText()=="Wintergrasp") or not IsFlyableArea()) then CallCompanion("MOUNT",6) else CallCompanion("MOUNT",12) end 
    /dismount [mounted]

Simpler Ghost Wolf (in combat) and Ground/Flying mount
    Working off of the assumption that you don't ever need/want to use Ghost Wolf out of combat (why would you, when you can use your faster ground mount?), this macro will allow a shaman to cast ghost wolf in combat, else will summon the ground mount (if in a non-flyable area), else will summon a flying mount. The stopcasting command is in there a) because I like it, and b) for pvp shamans who need to pop GW and haul butt.

Code:
    #showtooltip [combat] Ghost Wolf; Black War Bear
    /stopcasting
    /use [combat] Ghost Wolf; [noflyable] Black War Bear; [flyable] Cenarion War Hippogryph
    /dismount [mounted,noflyable]

Multiple totem drops on one macro button, plus totemic recall
    Instead of having to put multiple "Call of the..." totem grouping buttons down, or swapping them out when you pvp, or do faction champs, the following macro will do the following: Call of the Elements on left-click, Call of the Spirits on shift+left-click, Call of the Ancestors on a ctrl+left-click, and totemic recall on a right click.

Code:
    #showtooltip [mod:shift] Call of the Spirits; [mod:ctrl] Call of the Ancestors; Call of the Elements
    /use [mod:shift] Call of the Spirits; [mod:ctrl] Call of the Ancestors
    /stopmacro [mod:shift][mod:ctrl]
    /use [nobutton:2] Call of the Elements; Totemic Recall

Re: Useful Shaman Macros

One useful one is when the Pet bar disappears:

/script PetActionBarFrame:Show()

sweet and needed (for macro dummies like me who tend to copy/paste from other people) make sure to update and add more of them!

couple of other macros I use:

Ressing macro

/cast ancestral spirit(rank 7)
    /ra I'm ressing-%T

announces the name of your target in raid chat while you are ressurecting someone- useful after whipes so ressers wouldn't be ressing same people, saves mana and time.

and ofc!
    #showtooltip Bloodlust
    /cast bloodlust
    /ra BLOODLUST!

This is a very basic macro.. maybe not as basic as kalioshas but this is the route of many other possible macros.

my all in one purge/cleanse spirit macro.. since purge is a purely offensive spell and cleanse spirit is purely defensive one macroing them into one button can be very helpful for any pvp or pve resto shaman.. basically this turns purge/cleanse spirit into cleanse from a priest.. an offensive and defensive ability

(Use the ? icon when making)
    #showtooltip
    /cast [harm] Purge; [help] Cleanse Spirit

with this macro you can add in alt/crtl modifiers or mouse over with it but this is the basic version which is all I personally need.. the options are really only limited by your personal knowledge of macros and what you want out of it

Edit: one downside to this macro for those who use auto self cast.. your cleanse spirit will no longer auto cast on you if you are targeting an enemy.. took me a while to get used to but it is only a minor thing

also edited for levva's suggestion

Deleted

Changed my post as now redundant.

I also deleted a pathetic castsequence macro. This is a sticky thread. Expect any low quality posts/macros to be deleted. ie: don't even bother posting any castrandom/castsequence macros and especially don't bother if you are totally clueless about their effects.

There is a bug with feral spirits where they will automatically use their stun ability (Bash) after being summoned--even if the stun is toggled off when they are summoned. I use this macro to get around the bug for now, it is kinda crappy so if anyone can improve on it that'd be great:

#showtooltip Feral Spirit
    /cast Feral Spirit
    /click PetActionButtonX RightButton

Where ur stun ability is on X button of your pet bar (from left to right). so /click PetActionButton3 RightButton

For this you keep your wolves stun saved in the ON position. You press this macro to summon your pets, and then again to toggle the autocast to off. When you want to use your stun you simply press it again to re-enable autocast. (Make sure, again, to leave auto-cast on for your next use) You can press your button twice very quickly to summon/disable autocast and lose almost no time as compared with regularly summoning/engaging your pets.

Alternatively you could leave the autocast saved off, and simply press the macro twice after summoning to achieve the same effect.

Sorry for the poor macro worksmanship, it took alot of tinkering to figure this out on my part--but as a pvp enhancement shammy this macro is indispensable. Having my wolf stun on demand, and not necessarily the first time I send them after someone, is very powerful.
    Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

Get_Focus > Clear_If_dead > Hex
    #showtooltip Hex
    /clearfocus [modifier:alt]
    /focus [target=focus,noexists]; [target=focus,dead]
    /clearfocus [target=focus,help]
    /cast [target=focus,mod:Ctrl]Hex;[target=focus,nomod]Hex

Basic Wind shear when you need to do interrupts!
    #showtooltip Wind Shear
    /stopcasting (If you want to stop casting and interrupt something) * useful for Twins / Champs)
    /cast wind Shear

Wind_Shear_Focus
    #showtooltip Wind Shear
    /stopcasting (If you want to stop casting and interrupt something) * useful for Twins / Champs
    /cast [target=focus] Wind Shear

Get_Focus > Clear_If_dead > (Hold ctrl to): Wind_Shear Focus > (No Mod): Windshear target
    #showtooltip Wind Shear
    /cast [target=focus,mod:Ctrl]Wind shear;[target=target,nomod]Wind shear

etc, etc.

Oh - Edit, P.s.

/cast [flyable] Rusted Proto-Drake
    /cast [noflyable] Amani War Bear

Much easier to use than your current macro in the OP at the bottom ^^
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Deamon
    What's the problem with /castsequence macros?
    In general, nothing. However, on this forum, the problem is that many new shaman players (or, sadly, no-so-new players), especially enhance players, think that they can use a /castsequence macro to cycle through every ability they have, and just spam that one macro. These would be the folks who haven't bothered to read the FAQ on this forum, and are generally clueless about the priority queue.

Levva wants to keep these forums as free of bad advice/information as possible, and castsequence macros (for the most part) don't apply to shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura
    Get_Focus > Clear_If_dead > Hex
    #showtooltip Hex
    /cast [target=focus,mod:Ctrl]Hex;[target=focus,nomod]Hex
    Can you help me understand what this macro does? I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a macro expert, but I'm not following this one.

Basic Wind shear when you need to do interrupts!
    #showtooltip Wind Shear
    /stopcasting (If you want to stop casting and interrupt something) * useful for Twins / Champs)
    /cast wind Shear

Wind_Shear_Focus
    #showtooltip Wind Shear
    /stopcasting (If you want to stop casting and interrupt something) * useful for Twins / Champs
    /cast [target=focus] Wind Shear
    Why would you want two separate macros for wind shear, when you can have wind shear look first for a focus to interrupt, then a target, all in one macro?

Get_Focus > Clear_If_dead > (Hold ctrl to): Wind_Shear Focus > (No Mod): Windshear target
    #showtooltip Wind Shear
    Same thing on this one. Please help me follow the flow of what it's doing.

/cast [flyable] Rusted Proto-Drake
    /cast [noflyable] Amani War Bear

Much easier to use than your current macro in the OP at the bottom ^^
    One of the other guys was indicating that Blizz has finally fixed the problem that Dalaran has always presented with your macro. If it is, indeed, fixed, then I'd agree that the simpler macro is preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaamwow
    There is a bug with feral spirits where they will automatically use their stun ability (Bash) after being summoned--even if the stun is toggled off when they are summoned. I use this macro to get around the bug for now, it is kinda crappy so if anyone can improve on it that'd be great:

/cast Feral Spirit
    /click PetActionButtonX RightButton

Where ur stun ability is on X button of your pet bar (from left to right). so /click PetActionButton3 RightButton

For this you keep your wolves stun saved in the ON position. You press this macro to summon your pets, and then again to toggle the autocast to off. When you want to use your stun you simply press it again to re-enable autocast. (Make sure, again, to leave auto-cast on for your next use) You can press your button twice very quickly to summon/disable autocast and lose almost no time as compared with regularly summoning/engaging your pets.

Alternatively you could leave the autocast saved off, and simply press the macro twice after summoning to achieve the same effect.

Sorry for the poor macro worksmanship, it took alot of tinkering to figure this out on my part--but as a pvp enhancement shammy this macro is indispensable. Having my wolf stun on demand, and not necessarily the first time I send them after someone, is very powerful.
    Are you saying that there is a delay from the time the wolves are summoned, to the time that they'll autocast their stun? Also, has Blizz said if they intend to implement a fix for that bug? Lastly, what does the RightButton command do?

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon
    Lastly, what does the RightButton command do?
    Right clicking a pet ability that can be autocast toggles the autocast state (on or off). While I haven't tested the command myself in macros, I am assuming that is what he wants to achieve. It sounds like the feral spirits are using the stun immediately when they come out, so this is attempting to avoid that.

However, as autocast toggle states persist between summons, wouldn't this just cause the ability to toggle on and off each time you summon, possibly being the cause of the bug itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon
    Can you help me understand what this macro does? I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a macro expert, but I'm not following this one.
    The first macro:
    1.) clears your focus target if you hold alt and press the button.
    2.) Obtains a focus (the target that you're currently targetting), shouldn't focus any dead units
    3.) Clears the focus target if the target is dead
    4.) Hex's the target (although it could just be /cast target=focus]Hex)

Why would you want two separate macros for wind shear, when you can have wind shear look first for a focus to interrupt, then a target, all in one macro?
    Some people might like them seperate, or might not use focus for interrupting something at all.

Same thing on this one. Please help me follow the flow of what it's doing.
    The third macro:
    1.) Clears the focus when you hold alt and press the macro button.
    2.) Obtains a focus (the target that you're currently targetting), shouldn't focus any dead units
    3.) Clears the focus target if the target is dead
    4.) Wind shear's the focus target when holding Ctrl and pressed, and interrupts your current target if just pressed

(although, you could swap them around, by having - so you dont have to press anything to hit the focus, but you have to hit control to have windshear interrupt your current target instead):
    go into: /cast [target=target,mod:Ctrl]Wind shear;[target=focus,nomod]Wind shear
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Here's what I use to imbue my weapons. First press, casts Windfury on mainhand, second press casts Flametongue on OH.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=5 Windfury Weapon, Flametongue Weapon;
    /castsequence reset=5 16, 17;

I use the following for most spells:

#show Earth shock
    /startattack
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX", "0")
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX", "1")
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /cast Earth Shock

This disables sounds and messages before trying to use trinkets so you don't get that annoying sound, or message.

Here's how I call my Goggies:
    /cast [nomodifier] Feral Spirit
    /petattack [nomodifier]
    /petpassive [modifier:alt]

I consolidated my shields into one button. If I press it I get lightning shield, with press it with shift and I get water shield.

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Water Shield
    /cast Lightning Shield

This macro will summon your puppies with the first click and while they're active it will use Bash, or Howl when holding shift.
    Code:
    /cast [pet,mod:shift] Twin Howl; [pet] Bash
    /cast [nopet] Feral Spirit

Enhancement Weapon embue macro.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [button:1,@player] Windfury Weapon; [button:2,mod,@player] Frostbrand Weapon; [button:2,@player] Flametongue Weapon
    /use [button:1,nomod,@player] 16; 17
    Left Click = Windfury
    Right Click = Flametongue
    Right Click + Modifier = Frostbrand

I also have some nice macros for my fellow Enh shaman engineers:

This will use your engineer glove enchant when you cast earthshock, while in your primary spec (my pvp spec). This is designed mainly for use with the glove rockets. Also starts auto-attack.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Earth Shock
    /use [spec:1] 10
    /startattack

Casts your glove enchant when you use Stormstrike, if you're in your secondary spec (my pve). This was designed for use with Hyperspeed Accelerators. The accelerators, and primary trinket will only cast if you're in combat.
    Code:
    #showtooltip Stormstrike
    /startattack
    /cast Stormstrike
    /use [combat,spec:2] 10
    /use [combat] 13

All-in-One travel macro. Casts Ghostwolf with no modifier, and unmounted. Casts your boot rockets when you hold shift and do not have your wolves out. Casts Spirit Walk when you hold shift and DO have your wolves out.
    Code:
    #showtooltip [nopet] 8; [pet] Spirit Walk
    /cast [mod:shift,nopet] 8; [mod:shift,pet] Spirit Walk; [nomounted] Ghost Wolf
    Note: The numbers used in the above engineer macros are the slot numbers for the respective tinkered item. Like using 13 or 14 to activate your trinkets, using the slot's number allows you to swap/update gear without modifiying your macro.

/Borat voice: "Very nice, very nice."

I didn't realize that you could use [mod] as a conditional, regardless of what modifier key was used. I also didn't realize that [spec:#] was a conditional, either. I likey.

thats the macro i use for maelstrom:

/cast [mod:alt, target=player] Healing Wave;
    /cast [mod:shift] Chain Lightning;
    /cast Lightning Bolt

if i need healing i press it with alt, if i want to shoot lightning bolt i just press it and if there are more mobs and i wanna do some aoe then i press it with shift. the only problem would be the fact that i cant see chain lightning cd if i dont press shift. could fix it by adding #showtooltip line
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

I know Levva said no cast sequence macros, but I think this one does its job the best way possible. I stand corrected, see below, however I caution against \use slot# of trinkets in a macro, as it will cause issues if you have a pvp trinket equipped, and often having two on use trinkets implies you have one which is more powerful than the other, which should usually take precedence regardless of which slot it is in.

/use Trinket
    /use Trinket
    /castsequence reset=50 Feral Spirit, Spirit Walk, Spirit Walk

The idea is to keep spirit walk on the same binding as Feral spirit, since you would never need to cast spirit walk when the puppies are not up, The use trinket lines are optional, but I like the automation of it, and generally I want to pop a trinket with wolves. Hit the button once, pops wolves, second and third time use spirit walk, I actually have a different button for using trinkets so that I can go 20 and 20 during the 45 seconds wolves are up.

It's designed for raiding so I didn't throw anything special in about bash, you may choose to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

/use 13
    /use 14
    /cast [nopet] Feral Spirit; [pet] Spirit Walk

A cleaner version of your macro, Fornaw.

One of my favorite macros I use is a stormstrike/start attack macro. Because SS is always my first attack on a target, it just saves me not attacking something when its on CD if I just hit the button first in every fight. Recently I added pet attack to it so that my wolves attack the same target as me. In my beastcleave team this works great, cause I always want them on the same target as me and sometimes they wig out.

#showtooltip
    /petattack [target=target]
    /startattack
    /cast Stormstrike

I use this one when I have 5 stacks of MW and need a big heal on myself

/cast [target=player] Healing Wave(Rank 12)

This one might alreayd be in here, but it puts WF on my main hand and FB on my offhand. This is clearly for pvp, but could be switched to FT off-hand for pve uses

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=5 Windfury Weapon, Frostbrand Weapon(Rank 9);
    /castsequence reset=5 16, 17;

enjoy!

On your SS macro, isn't the /startattack a redundant command, since SS automatically starts attacking anyway?

If anything, wouldn't you want to bind /startattack to something like earthshock?