Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

22k mana unbuffed. Gem for haste?

As the title says, I've reached 22k mana unbuffed on my Shaman and that's even with 4-5 PvP pieces left. ( I had totally NO PvE gear like 1.5 week ago...it's to easy these days) With those last PvP items replaced for PvE Epics soon I will easily be sitting at 22.5-23k unbuffed. Is there any reason to keep on stacking Int gems after this? I've heared I should be going for Haste after 22k also, or maybe Mp/5 or Crit is a better way to go?

Thanks in advance

15+ Year Old Account

Re: 22k mana unbuffed. Gem for haste?

What is your haste currently at?
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account

It's in my sig :P 341, which is about 13.5% and I still got 2 yellow sockets begging for a gem

Haste haste haste haste haste haste haste

15+ Year Old Account

Aye! Haste it be matey!
    While we're on it, is there also a certain % of haste where I should stop and go for MP/5 or Crit..?

Click on this link to look at the best-geared resto sham that I'm aware of, on our server. The dude has 953 haste rating:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...od&n=Freeballa

Basically, you gem for as much haste as you can. Any mp5 should only be on a green 10 haste/5mp5 gem. Between the recent boost to mp5 on gear, and the amount of replenishment that *should* be in the raid, if your raid leader is stacking the raid properly, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    It's in my sig :P 341, which is about 13.5% and I still got 2 yellow sockets begging for a gem
    Your signature shows a hunter, or else I would not have asked. :P

Well, for priests soft haste cap is 350ish. If it's moreso for shammies, then go for haste. If it's about on that level, go for crit, or even just plop straight spellpower in your yellows. That's my opinion from a healer's perspective.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    Which is actually too big and violates forum rules. Please change it now. Hint - put them side by side so it doesn't take up so much room vertically. Either that or delete one but change it or a mod will have to change it for you.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    Which is actually too big and violates forum rules. Please change it now. Hint - put them side by side so it doesn't take up so much room vertically. Either that or delete one but change it or a mod will have to change it for you.
    My bad there. I wanted to put them side by side as you said but seems I failed at trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    Your signature shows a hunter, or else I would not have asked. :P
    They showed both my Hunter and Shaman at that time, before I changed it back

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon
    Click on this link to look at the best-geared resto sham that I'm aware of, on our server. The dude has 953 haste rating:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...od&n=Freeballa

Basically, you gem for as much haste as you can. Any mp5 should only be on a green 10 haste/5mp5 gem. Between the recent boost to mp5 on gear, and the amount of replenishment that *should* be in the raid, if your raid leader is stacking the raid properly, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

Thanks. Wasn't worried about my Mp/5 either, but just asking if it would have been worth the sockets instead of Int or Haste after a certain ammount of it.

Resto shaman worship the forces of the elements, and since 3.2 the force of haste

What you want to itemize for is also dependent on the content you're running and the ability/gear of those around you. If you're running hard-modes or heroic raids and everyone in your raid is pro, gem for haste...if you're surrounded by nubs and you're constantly picking up the slack, or you're short healers regularly, more int/mp5 isn't a bad thing.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arkive
    What you want to itemize for is also dependent on the content you're running and the ability/gear of those around you. If you're running hard-modes or heroic raids and everyone in your raid is pro, gem for haste...if you're surrounded by nubs and you're constantly picking up the slack, or you're short healers regularly, more int/mp5 isn't a bad thing.
    pretty much this. if my shaman was my main, it'd totally be full haste by now but as it's just general usage, i go for int and SP. as far as some kind of cap goes, i assume you'd want Healing Wave to be a 1 second cast with Tidal Waves. what kind of level that needs i don't know but after that it'll lose it's value if you're not Chain Healing much.

15+ Year Old Account

Im currently running with 1015 haste, love it and wouldnt change it for any other stat as long as rest is balanced, im not lacking anything and i always get the job done.
    Go haste!

Quote Originally Posted by Eel
    Im currently running with 1015 haste...
    Did I mention that your mother dresses you funny, and that you smell like bad imported cheese? :P

Hey eel, is the 4set bonus really worth it? I know it means more mana and bigger heals or would you suggest getting the ele t9 helm? Since its sp/crit/haste?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon
    Did I mention that your mother dresses you funny, and that you smell like bad imported cheese? :P
    She so doesnt

I think its worth it in the envoirement im currently raiding, such as twins.
    At the end of the day i dont feel the 4part Tier 8 bonus has made a big difference after all, specially not one that should neglect other stats or set bonuses.
    The stats on T9 is very much better as well, dont grow old in T8 =/

About the helm, no.

You want 4 part bonus from either - helm, gloves, shoulders, chest or legs, gloves, shoulders, chest.

Offparts will be Helm of the Crypt Lord from 10man hardmode Anub'arak or Leggings of Concealed Hatred N/H / 25man hardmode Anub'arak leather legs.

I got a question not sure if it was posted, I didn't see it but is there a haste cap for resto shammies and or Elemental? I asked cuz I am trying to get more haste on my resto set right now I am sitting at 652 haste, 26.2k mana unbuffed, and I think 28% crit, now my mp5 is low around 388 but with water shield, BOW or Mana Spring, and my trinket being up 100% of the time that gives me 128 mp5 that I'm healing in raids I am at about 700 mp5 while casting...so should I stack more mp5 or more haste. My healing is in the 2600's unbuffed.

Thanks for any advice, I am posting my wow armory link so you can see the gear and gems I currently have...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Friends+of+Old

most "good" shaman in "good" guilds will have 2 or more sets of gear, one for int/crit and one for haste

which set to wear depends on the boss and what you are assigned to heal
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

I was sitting on 26K Mana unbuffed and it was just useless because I wasn't casting fast enough to ever run oom. Currently I'm sitting somewhere on 23K with 520 Haste and 666 (lol) MP5 and it's working out a lot better.

Haste is, at the moment, our strongest stat especially because we can't keep up with Druids and Priests in a Raid environment but it's not worth sacrificing other stats for it. You could have 800 Haste, 900 MP5 but not have a mana pool to sustain it all. Haste is important, you should concentrate on it, but make sure you do not ignore your other stats because Shamans are goo with a fairly balanced stat pool.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

just because you can't "keep up" with the druids and priests doesn't mean that shaman as a class can't, maybe you need to rethink your playstyle

Quote Originally Posted by Ushra
    I was sitting on 26K Mana unbuffed and it was just useless because I wasn't casting fast enough to ever run oom. Currently I'm sitting somewhere on 23K with 520 Haste and 666 (lol) MP5 and it's working out a lot better.

Haste is, at the moment, our strongest stat especially because we can't keep up with Druids and Priests in a Raid environment but it's not worth sacrificing other stats for it. You could have 800 Haste, 900 MP5 but not have a mana pool to sustain it all. Haste is important, you should concentrate on it, but make sure you do not ignore your other stats because Shamans are goo with a fairly balanced stat pool.
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon