Thread: Keybinds

Keybinds

I just wanted to post a question about any suggestions for hunter keybinding as their are so many. I am currently a clicker/keybinder and im trying very hard to get away from it and thought that someoen might have some constructive suggestions that would make he transition a little easier. I dont currently have a gaming mouse but was contemplating purchasing one if it will make it a little easier. thanks

Re: Keybinds

This helped me alot when I switched over from clicking. basiclly I number every key like this

1234-
    Ctrl567=
    Alt890

I use Ctrl and Alt as a modifer so i can use two more actionbars. I also use the Thumbpad for movment but instead of left and right being turn left or turn right I have them set to Strafe left or Strafe Right. And I had to remove the diagonal keybindings via the razer software but its smooth like butter! I also have my pets binds on the mouse wheel setup with diffent variations of attack stopattack or attack focus & Stun focus. All setup useing thte modifier keys and my mousewheel. to date I have about 43 keybinds and I use all of them nearly every arena match.../sadpanda.

http://www.n52te.com/
    Casual WoW Player and proud of it!!

all u need
    Q, E, F, V, C
    ctrl 12345
    shift12345

Quote Originally Posted by Bazul
    all u need
    Q, E, F, V, C
    ctrl 12345
    shift12345
    That's probably enough for most classes, though I'd also like to add R, T, Z and 6-7; possibly even the "\" key on some keyboards to that list as Alt can be a bit tough to reach quickly.

Not sure exactly how many keybinds I'm using on the hunter, but I'm betting it's a somewhat huge number. :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocstar
    My personal belief is that whoever plays a hunter in the arena testing they have done since season 1 is just a monster, skilled beyond all belief and manages to whomp on the testers playing other classes. They in turn nerf hunters each and every patch to close the gap on this superhuman hunter demigod.... Slow down on the skills man, we don't stand a chance now and we can't take much more of the nerf bat.

I have 4 buttons on my mouse where my thumb sits, those buttons are bound to 7, 8, 9, and 0. I then have Q, E, R, F, 1, 2, 3, and 4 all bound. For extra things, such as aspects and pots I use the F keys and mouse wheel too.

As far as macros go, I remember way back when I discovered the mouseover statement and it changed my life for my Priest healing and also carried into some common tasks for other toons, for instance on my hunter:

/cast [target=mouseover] Misdirection

Is my favourite macro for ease of MD, hover over grid on the name and press F, beauty.

Just remember it will take you a while to get used to whatever setup you choose so give it some time to bed into your reactionary instincts before changing it around, once your brain has made a link between mouse button 7 and explosive shot - you win =)

My current keybindings are as standing,
    Ive moved my moving keys to esdf for more space,
    R serphent
    T viper
    `Hunters mark
    1Chimer/silence/killcommand macro(totally extreme amirite?)
    2aimed
    3Multi
    4arcane
    Q steady
    A kill shot
    X freezing trap
    Zfrost
    C freezing arrow
    Ctrl+A explosive trap
    Ctrl+ S Flaming trap (forget real name since i never use)
    Ctrl+D Snake trap
    Thats my basic keybindings :X Aspects usally range from 7-0
    Dont want to go any further due to how much there are but yeah. Go nuts.
    "Mr. Powers,you'll notice all the sharks have lasor beams attached to their heads, i figure every fish deserves a warm meal!"-Dr.Evil
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh7bYNAHXxw

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

this, I have one and this thing is amazing.
    - Rogues do it from behind

Heres my input, I know my 5v5 team adopted it... Switch to e,s,d,f and your movement keys, shft, ctrl, and alt are still easy to click, and you get 4 more keys.

`,1,2,3,4,5,6
    tab,q, ,e,r,t,y
    a, g,h,j
    z,x,c,v,b

Just my opinion, this takes a lot of practice, and is well worth it if you can get it down.

I use Q W E S for movement (strafe left/front/strafe right/back), been using this since the days of DOOM.

rt
    dfgh
    zxcvb

Those are used for common taks,
    where my main nukes are bound to D(steady)/F(explosive)/G(aimed)/C(serpsting)/V(killshot).

1(MD)/2(volley)/3(Conc shot)/4(mend pet)

H(Mount macro)/Z(Feigndeath)/X(sitdown)/R(recall pet)/T(whisper reply) and B(deterrence)

G5 mouse has a button asignment where i use the tilt/scroll wheel for Blackarrow (Tilt wheel left) and Aspect change macro (tiltwheel right)
    Huntermark is a button on the side of it, send pet in is another button on the mouse.

Works for me, i don't do arena and sometimes i do some BG's, never had any real problems there to.
    Everything not mentioned above i use the good old clicker function of the mouse

Instead of keybindings, get this - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ails/opie.aspx

Helped me alot!

;,1,2,3,4,5 (";" is left to 1)

Ctrl + ;,1,2,3,4,5

Shift + 1,2,3,4,5

Q,E,R,F,C,Z,G (Got autorun on T)

Ctrl + Q,E,F,C,Z,T,[space]

Shift + Q,E,R,F,C

Mouse button 4 and 5 and Ctrl + MB4, MB5

Make sure you bind stuff you use often like main damaging shots to keys you can reach easily (aka 2,3,4,E,F,C) and other stuff to worse keybinding combos. Altho all those above can be used even while using movement keys if you place your hand right.

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Druish

this, I have one and this thing is amazing.
    how much is this and where can i get 1 :P?

I use personally 3,4,5,6,7,9,0,-,= and macros for boss fight cds on my hunter. I've been known to use the arrow keys when I need precise movement.

A gaming mouse can incredibly help performance with the extra button binds.

Quote Originally Posted by demopolis
    how much is this and where can i get 1 :P?
    Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard - $75.88

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-0...p_ob_e_title_1

EyE <3 being helpful
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis
    No, as per the rules of World of Warcraft, virgins only.

Just wanted to toss in a few more cents on the keybinds.

I use most that were mention'd above, but my favorite discovery was auto run.
    While try'n to guess the best key placement for it, my friend said just do Shift W.
    -<lighbulbs>- now i am sure we were not the first to find it out.

However its Vury nice imo.

10+ Year Old Account

i use 1234567890= thats all i need
    My pew pew makes you qq

1,2,3,4 <--- Steady Shot, Explosive Shot, Aimed Shot, Kill Shot
    Alt 1,2,3,4 <--- Black Arrow, Serpent Sting, Multi shot, Misdirection
    Shift 1,2,3,4 <--- Hunter's Mark, AotDragonhawk, AotViper, Pot

I tend to use only a small portion of my keyboard. Being that i use to play first person shooters, i am compeltely use to having my left hand on wasd at all times, and i use my thumb a lot. As of right now this is my set up for keybindings

1 - Kill Shot
    2 - Explosive Shot
    3 - Black Arrow
    4 - Aimed Shot
    5 - Tranq Shot (If needed)
    6 - Concussive Shot (never used really), but in case
    R - Serpent Sting
    F - Steady Shot
    T - Mend Pet
    V - I build a macro for Dragonhawk and Viper ( First line of the macro is as follows: #showtooltip; second line is: /castsequence Aspect of The Dragonhawk, Aspect of The Viper) Because i switch back and forth, making 1 button makes it easier
    C - Call Pet
    Alt+1 - Macro for 2 traps (Immolation Trap and Snake Trap)
    Alt+2 - Explosive Trap
    Alt+3 - Freezing Arrow - No need to use the trap since you can shoot this 1 anywhere
    Alt+4 - Frost Trap
    Alt+R - Multi-Shot
    Alt+D - Misdirection
    Alt-T - Arcane Torrent - because i am a BE
    Alt+X - Macro build to proc Call of The Wild and Kill Command and Rapid Fire if it is up
    Alt+V - Deterance
    Mouse5 - Macro with Hunters Mark
    Mouse3 - Feign Death

My Explosive, Steady Shot, Aim Shot, and Black Arrow are all macros that have Kill Command macroed to them.
    Seems kinda strange, but all the buttoms i use are fairly close to my reach of my left hand, so this allows me to utilize my right hand with the mouse.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara