Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

BM hunters, now even more useless.

So, now when Arcane Mages also will be given the 3% damage buff, BM hunters became even more useless.

The only way to improve BM hunters in raids, except buffing BM hunters damage, is to give them something unique. Something that has something to do with pets

How about some kind of aura which increases the damage done by the raids pets by x%. Well, maybe it isn't a huge solution, but it gives them something unique.

I just want to hear your opinions. I miss the old cookie cutter 41/20/00 specc. I want BM back!
    Vol'jin fanboy

Re: BM hunters, now even more useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam
    So, now when Arcane Mages also will be given the 3% damage buff, BM hunters became even more useless.

The only way to improve BM hunters in raids, except buffing BM hunters damage, is to give them something unique. Something that has something to do with pets

How about some kind of aura which increases the damage done by the raids pets by x%. Well, maybe it isn't a huge solution, but it gives them something unique.

I just want to hear your opinions. I miss the old cookie cutter 41/20/00 specc. I want BM back!
    Yeah, no one cares.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

10+ Year Old Account

By the old 41/20/0 spec so u mean when hunters were so off balance that it wasn't even fair, volley was 50% of our dmg and our pet was the other 50%. it was extremely OP, blizz fixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

The AoE change affects PvP not PvE btw and its not even that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDeyv
    Old things are better than new things. I poop faster than my grandpa and he always tells me how lame it is that i poop so fast.

BM does need a boost up.
    the recent nerf to BW made a overall PVE dps loss.
    like they needed that..
    To play those millions of minds,to watch them slowly respond to an unseen stimulus to guide theyr aspiration without theyr knowledge-all this whether in high capacities or in humble,is a big and endless game of chess of ever extraordinary excitement
    -sydney west-

I don't get why a lot of hunters want one spec. Bm is already the leveling spec and pretty much the pvp spec now u want it to be the raid spec as well.It is why blizz doesn't want frost to get buffed pve wise because then the other 2 specs would fade away.

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    Yeah, no one cares.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

10+ Year Old Account

I don't get why a lot of hunters want one spec. Bm is already the leveling spec and pretty much the pvp spec now u want it to be the raid spec as well.It is why blizz doesn't want frost to get buffed pve wise because then the other 2 specs would fade away.
    isnt survival better for pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

You know why people like BM? Because with a certain cooldown their character turns red and their pet gets really big! I mean thats so fun, the fact that the spec only requires like 3 buttons is just unlimited fun. /sarcasm

BM is a terrible, terrible, terrible spec. Pet does half the damage, hunter rotation is dumb. Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by insurgi
    BM does need a boost up.
    the recent nerf to BW made a overall PVE dps loss.
    like they needed that..
    Then something is wrong cause for me it was a significant boost on my alt hunter, did 5.2k dps on koralon pug(Yeah I pug on my alts) as bm and I am not even good geared, and I would never do that before the BUFF to BW pvewise. Saying it was a pve loss for you, it is for me really strange. The survival of the pet however is something different, but that they are gonna fix now(check patch notes). Bm will soon be competetive again(if its not already) not as good as the 2 other speccs, but for sure close to it. Tried MM today again but then I did a couple of hundred less dps(no enhance shammy then, must be imba as bm THO) or it can be how my gear is setup.

Sum it up, BM is almost there, but MM is more fun to play

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Beast Mastery IS NOT dead !

I admit that I'm a little better geared than the other hunters in my guild, but I usually out dps them by a good margin, depending on the particular fight.

Both MM and SV are a little more forgiving as far as gear selection, enchants, and gems are concerned. So I spend quite a bit of my time, researching, testing, and evaluating various combinations.

I, personally enjoy this aspect of the game, and don't mind the time it takes to accomplish.

Most people don't have the time, or desire, to be that involved in their own character development, and that is just fine.

But, just because their own experiences, have been less than satisfactory with a particular spec, DON'T MAKE 'BLANKET' ACCUSATIONS, as to the viability of one spec versus another.

Some people just gotta bitch about something. However, I've found that most bitching is generated due to an individual's own incompetence, carelessness, or indifference.

Remember: Ignorance can be corrected, with a little instruction.......But, stupid, is forever !

Beast Mastery Lives !

Remember: Ignorance can be corrected with a little instruction.
    But, Stupid is forever.

The game lacks tanking/healing classes.

Being a pure dps class is pointless, being a hybrid has no downside.

Change hunters to a hybrid, make BM a tanking/healing spec.

Fixed

15+ Year Old Account

In my experience, BM isn't any more or less difficult of a spec than Marks or Surv. If you want to do good BM damage you can't just spam steady shot and expect to top meters, you have a priority based rotation just like the other specs with pet management added in. I (just the hunters' damage) tend to end up with between 33 to 40% auto shot, and 13 to 20% of steady shot, multi shot, and volley (each, not combined total) with 2- 3% of the total damage being serpent sting.
    I don't see the difference between the auto shot percentage and a Surv hunters' explosive shot percentage total. My pet tends to make up 34 to 40% of my total damage, never 50%. If you're a BM hunter and your pet makes up literally half you damage then the hunter isn't pulling its weight. I know it's popular to pick on BM since MM and Surv are the "it" specs, but BM is more complex than I see people give credit for, but it's also not rocket science, then again neither are the other specs.
    Mímir, 100 Night Elf Hunter, Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Mimir
    In my experience, BM isn't any more or less difficult of a spec than Marks or Surv. If you want to do good BM damage you can't just spam steady shot and expect to top meters, you have a priority based rotation just like the other specs with pet management added in.
    BM Could in BC. =)
    --------------

BM got their day spamming Steady shot and letting the pet do the work in BC. Get over it. Marks and Surv is WotK. Wait till you get buffed and become OP in the next xpac again.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt
    You know why people like BM? Because with a certain cooldown their character turns red and their pet gets really big! I mean thats so fun, the fact that the spec only requires like 3 buttons is just unlimited fun. /sarcasm

BM is a terrible, terrible, terrible spec. Pet does half the damage, hunter rotation is dumb. Yay.
    MM Spec:
    CS > AiS > SS > SS > SS > SS repeat
    That's...three buttons! HOLY SHIT, MM has infinite fun too!

Shut your ass, don't trash a spec just because you're bad at it. I choose to raid BM because its the hardest spec to be a good hunter with, as evidenced by the fact that so many people here think it's useless (like yourself) and not capable of top 10, let alone the top 3 DPS that I pull.

The recent nerf to BW was a buff to PvE damage since our pets were only about 38% of our damage (to decently geared hunters). That has since dropped to about 1/3, but the overall damage the hunter gains is better than BM turning into a crap cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by strahdowns
    There shouldn't BE a "PVP spec", and all three specs of a pure DPS class should be nearly-equal in output and equally competitive in PVE raiding.

with pet management added in.
    Are you seriously, seriously trying to claim that MM and SV Hunters don't have to do just as much if not more pet management than BM?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Blizzard really should give BM a Buff to even the distance between MM and Surv. Those who joined the Hunter Class to mess around with pets are being screwed over, and are being told to default to MM or Surv or sit in Naxx PuGs. So what if BM is easier than the other specs, someones play style shouldn't be nurfed because of it.

In my experience, BM isn't any more or less difficult of a spec than Marks or Surv. If you want to do good BM damage you can't just spam steady shot and expect to top meters, you have a priority based rotation just like the other specs with pet management added in. I (just the hunters' damage) tend to end up with between 33 to 40% auto shot, and 13 to 20% of steady shot, multi shot, and volley (each, not combined total) with 2- 3% of the total damage being serpent sting.
    I don't see the difference between the auto shot percentage and a Surv hunters' explosive shot percentage total. My pet tends to make up 34 to 40% of my total damage, never 50%. If you're a BM hunter and your pet makes up literally half you damage then the hunter isn't pulling its weight. I know it's popular to pick on BM since MM and Surv are the "it" specs, but BM is more complex than I see people give credit for, but it's also not rocket science, then again neither are the other specs.
    Exactly. All specs and classes are easy, most people are just mouth breathers. BM was actually more complicated than other specs with readiness because of how often CDs had to be used. You ended up pushing as many buttons as SV. The difference was there was no proc based ability, which is what Blizz gives to specs that they want people to play. They don't want people to play BM.

BM does considerably less damage than other builds. Right now I think MM is still on top, but is highly dependent on having the right raid makeup. (If you don't have JoW then go home, feral druid is necessary as well).
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    Are you seriously, seriously trying to claim that MM and SV Hunters don't have to do just as much if not more pet management than BM?
    Surv/MM pet dies, hunter loses 3-600dps depending on pet.

BM pet dies, hunter loses 35-40% dmg.

BM requires more pet management, as well as timing of CDs to maximize dps, whereas a MM or Surv hunter can just hit Kill Command, CoTW etc. whenever and it won't really matter much in the long run,
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)