Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3 Now live on PTRs

Quote Originally Posted by nubnub2009
    TBC end game badges were used to purchase inferior gear to what t6/sunwell gear was.
    And the Triumph gear is inferior to the best gear in ToC.
    It's still not a necessity anywhere except in your head where you think X extra badges a week at the price of 10-20 minutes is imposing a huge burden on you. It will literally be something that guilds simply pop off at the beginning of a raid night and then head on to Icecrown.

This is simple if you dont like what their doing then quit. Its a win win situation, you slam through to the first boss, down him, then you get emblems, gold for the quest, and maybe some abyss crystals.

FFs people complaining couse they have to grind badges, seriously becouse of people like you that have to redo some dungeons/raids again this game is turning in to game for 12 year old kids, parasits , idiots and mamas boys that are crying couse they have to grind badges by redoing a raid?

It is how it is, if u dont like quit game, piss off from this forum, ur just a casual that is runining game, not needed in game

He's not saying the burden is heavy, he's saying it shouldnt be' there. Why are you so damn happy about doing something that is not fun in a videogame? You really have NOTHING better to' do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mushin
    And the Triumph gear is inferior to the best gear in ToC.
    It's still not a necessity anywhere except in your head where you think X extra badges a week at the price of 10-20 minutes is imposing a huge burden on you. It will literally be something that guilds simply pop off at the beginning of a raid night and then head on to Icecrown.
    Exactly. Any progression guild will work this weekly into their raiding schedule until the guild as a whole no longer finds it necessary. It will be similar to doing a guild VoA 25 before a raid. Funny how people never whine about that....

nice warrior changes, FINALLY WE ARE COMPLETE!

Ok, this just in: if you're bored of Naxx you're casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathleaper
    This is simple if you dont like what their doing then quit. Its a win win situation, you slam through to the first boss, down him, then you get emblems, gold for the quest, and maybe some abyss crystals.
    Mhm.

Well maybe if you looked a bit further into the situation you will see this is bad for casuals and pugs aswell.

Veterans who go into these raid instances to get badges they feel they have to collect will get saved to that raid instance with their guild groups. Chances are they won't bother going back to complete the instance since they are saved with their main raiding set up in their guild and they don't even have a choice to PUG it or not anymore since they become saved anyway.

Had they wanted to do badge runs in pugs, they are now not able to as they are saved with their guild.

PUGS and casuals also lose out in this situation as they will now not get to play with veteran badge farmers.

So yea, you can go with your "it's a great thing to happen" thinking, but it clearly is a bad idea.

Veterans who feel forced into doing this will resent it, and PUGS lose out on decent players who might have wanted to do badge runs.

Lose-Lose. Nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by VileMethoD
    Exactly. Any progression guild will work this weekly into their raiding schedule until the guild as a whole no longer finds it necessary. It will be similar to doing a guild VoA 25 before a raid. Funny how people never whine about that....
    At least VOA gets a new boss at each tier patch. And you're really serious about nobody complaining?

The new boe item stats can't be right, for example the item lvl 251 Boots of Kingly Upheaval has the same stats as the item lvl 226 Battlelord's Plate Boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Valtiel
    He's not saying the burden is heavy, he's saying it shouldnt be' there. Why are you so damn happy about doing something that is not fun in a videogame? You really have NOTHING better to' do?
    Why shouldn't it be there for those who choose to do it. If they implemented a feature that was something like "Do this raid every week or else we delete all your gear, de-level your character by 5 levels, burn your house down, and punch your Mom in the face." then that would be something would be a burden and that players would have to do.

You seem to mistake optional for mandatory.

It's there to be done if you want to do it. Or you can choose to ignore it altogether.

Your problem with this is that because it's in the game you're under the illusion that you have to do it. Which is your choice.

There are many things in this game that can feel mandatory for certain aspects. Proper gems, specs, glyphs, enchants. This is not one of those things.

Why shouldn't it be there for those who choose to do it. If they implemented a feature that was something like "Do this raid every week or else we delete all your gear, de-level your character by 5 levels, burn your house down, and punch your Mom in the face." then that would be something would be a burden and that players would have to do.
    Because the choice to raid old content is already there.

If you want to do it you can, if you don't want to you don't have to.

Making old content necessary to progress your character's development is TAKING CHOICE AWAY.

Your argument of "choice" is flawed in every way possible SINCE WE ALREADY HAVE CHOICE IF WE WANT TO RAID OLD CONTENT OR NOT.

[quote]
    There are many things in this game that can feel mandatory for certain aspects. Proper gems, specs, glyphs, enchants. This is not one of those things.
    [/quote[

these are all things which develop your character in a PROGRESSIVE manner.

I don't know how clearer i can say this - Being FORCED to raid OLD content in order to competitively PROGRESS YOUR CHARACTER is retarded and simply not a welcoming thought.

I know exaclty the reasons they have done this, its to boost the amount of people who run the raid instances, im not dumb, i knew this before i made my posts here.

For the people that want to do Naxx this is great news, they get to play with veterans who are FORCED to do the raid if they want to stay competitive in the game.
    Veterans who go into these raid instances to get badges they feel they have to collect will get saved to that raid instance.
    Chances are they won't bother going back to complete the instance since they are saved with their main raiding set up in their guild.

Had they wanted to do badge runs in pugs, they are now not able to as they are saved with their guild.

Mhm.

Well maybe if you looked a bit further into the situation you will see this is bad for casuals and pugs aswell.

Veterans who go into these raid instances to get badges they feel they have to collect will get saved to that raid instance.
    Chances are they won't bother going back to complete the instance since they are saved with their main raiding set up in their guild.

PUGS and casuals also lose out in this situation as they will now not get to play with veteran badge farmers.

So yea, you can go with your "it's a great thing to happen" thinking, but it clearly is a bad idea.

Veterans who feel forced into doing this will resent it, and PUGS lose out on decent players who might have wanted to do badge runs.

Lose-Lose. Nothing else.
    If your guild is good, you wont have to pug for this. At least I know my guild will go in together and do this. So from that point your right, but the so called "raider" will go in with their "raiding" guild lol.

Because the choice to raid old content is already there.

If you want to do it you can, if you don't want to you don't have to.

Making old content necessary to progress your character's development is TAKING CHOICE AWAY.

Your argument of "choice" is flawed in every way possible SINCE WE ALREADY HAVE CHOICE IF WE WANT TO RAID OLD CONTENT OR NOT.
    And you'll still have that choice. Nothing is being taken away.

And you'll still have that choice. Nothing is being taken away.
    But the difference is, if i choose NOT to raid old content, it will now have a detrimental affect on my character progression, whereas before it did not matter.

I refuse to believe you are so dumb as to not understand this, and if you can't understand it, then ye, you deserve to be one of these guys raiding old content over and over again to get your new gear

I also want to repeat this, as it's also an important factor about this change -

PUGS lose out on decent players who might have wanted to do full badge runs (for gems or w/e), since that "decent" player will be saved to guild runs who only went in that particular old raid instance to kill the one boss for that quest.

It's a change that doesn't help casuals, pug's OR veterans who don't want to raid old content.

It's just a lose-lose-lose situation which has not been clearly thought out by those brainiacs at Blizzard.

Of course noone likes to go back, but its not so bad as people are making it out to be lol. So what my guild gets to go blow up patch. Well lets see how fast we can do it. Sometimes it can be fun to down a boss in under a min lol. For the people tired of doing old content, I guess yall dont do daily heroics lol!!

these are all things which develop your character in a PROGRESSIVE manner.

I don't know how clearer i can say this - Being FORCED to raid OLD content in order to competitively PROGRESS YOUR CHARACTER is retarded and simply not a welcoming thought.
    Perhaps it's you who doesn't understand. It would be considered FORCED (because caps makes a point, why italicize to make emphasis) if you're character could not progress any other way. However, you can raid Ice Crown and progress there as well.

If you're trying to say "Well then I slow down my character progression". It's no different then doing a raid for weeks in a row and not seeing a drop you need and someone else getting a full set in that time. Those drops not dropping sure slow down character progression don't they? Why not go cry about that. "Wahhhh my loot didn't drop this isn't fair it's slowing my progression waaahhhhh."

Your views on progression are delusional because in no way does this weekly quest seem mandatory enough that it will halt character progression. Unless you're a badge hero who only ever gets gear from Badge Vendors. In which case you should welcome this change.

Perhaps it's you who don't understand. It would be considered FORCED (because caps makes a point, why italicize to make emphasis) if you're character could not progress any other way. However, you can raid Ice Crown and progress there as well.

If you're trying to say "Well then I slow down my character progression". It's no different then doing a raid for weeks in a row and not seeing a drop you need and someone else getting a full set in that time. Those drops not dropping sure slow down character progression don't they? Why not go cry about that. "Wahhhh my loot didn't drop this isn't fair it's slowing my progression waaahhhhh."

Your views on progression are delusional because in no way does this weekly quest seem mandatory enough that it will halt character progression. Unless you're a badge hero only ever gets gear from Badge Vendors. In which case you should welcome this change.
    You should learn the difference between character progression and competitive character progression.

Then you can talk to me again. Until that time, i won't reply to your posts anymore.

Gotta love the wow community.
    The patch of all patches is about to hit the ptr (Or did just hit) and the only thing they can complain about is a weekly raid quest that requires you to kill a random raid boss out of a selection of around 10.
    Just because it gives a few badges.
    You people make me sick :'(