Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3 Now live on PTRs

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    They have replaced Undercity guards with Kor'kron and Varimathras B named replacement is the Kor'kron captain. Is Sylvanas under house arrest?
    She is at Icecrown.

Quote Originally Posted by nubnub2009

I'm also pretty certain every member in those top 10 guilds all farmed heroics at every given opportunity even if it was just to get 1 more piece of t9.5 gear.
    This is the first evidence that you don't know what you're talking about, considering most classes would NOT equip "just one more" piece of t9. T9 was underwhelming as a whole, and most early Anub HM kills were done in mostly t8 gearing, as it's not optimal to swap to more than one piece of T9 until you can get at least the 2 piece, and for most classes the 4 piece.

Because just 1 more piece of gear per person makes a big difference to the raid.
    Assuming an upgrade from ilevel 226 or 232 depending on the slot to 245, not really. There would be a net increase, but nothing that would make or break a fight. At all. Especially from the badge gear, most of which is even more underwhelming than t9 as a whole.

The fact that they killed these bosses BEFORE they completed their sets is a show of their skill. Are you trying to tell me the Worlds top 10 guilds had all their players not farm heroics for badges because they deemed them not necessary?
    Most people farmed badges for one reason or another, regardless of guild. If you're about to jump straight into 25 HM content, upgrading to the 245 ilevel gear immediately is poor planning, as you can't plan around your offset in that regard, especially if you're a class that gains little benefit from t9 (see: rogues, half of the classes that have bugged set bonuses currently)

If you answer yes to that, then i think you have a warped vision of what makes them the best guilds.

Read more thoroughly what i type next time, i pick my words extremely carefully.
    I conclude that you're not in a top 100 guild. Top 1,500 maybe. Don't bother with the "But I am, why don't you believes me!!!?" tripe, tell us your toon and guild name if you're going to claim that, or don't claim it at all. You're not in a top guild. If you were, you'd realize how many kills were done in largely late tier 8 gearing mixed with minor early tier 9.
    Banned.

1) The totems look great, Trolls the best.
    2) The Quel'Delar story reminds me of uber-sword Excalibur!
    3) I am guessing the two Shadowmourne models are because the axe will periodically freeze up in a unique animation.
    4) The loading screens for IC and Frozen Halls make me want to look in those dungeons/raids, a good sign.
    5) One rank of Stealth, ah well the old days when you anticipated a new rank of skill each 2 levels are gone sadly. I hope levelling is still interesting in Cata.

-- 80 DK Druid Hunter Mage Paladin Priest Rogue Shaman Warlock Warrior --

Quote Originally Posted by Valtiel

You're telling us those guilds didnt farm hc 5 men and waited 3-4 weeks for their first setbonuses?

This thread is amazing. Its like 10 people crying " don't say bada of my drug, its awesum".
    The passion with which you guys defend this kind of design choice (because really the real burden is minimal) would be' less redicolous if we didn't come from revamped Naxx AND the Thriump fiasco AND the 5 men farming insanity AND the new awesome 4 versione of the same raid formula. And you guys keep swallowing; at this pace, one could think Blizzard could get away with releasing an expansion made of revamped content and with no class progression, slap in 2 new races and sell millions to' the gullible.
    The majority of 'those people' got the world firsts without tier 9 set bonuses at all. Have you even looked at kill shots?
    Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Theguyabovemeisretarded
    The majority of 'those people' got the world firsts without tier 9 set bonuses at all. Have you even looked at kill shots?
    Let's have someone from Ensidia post in this thread and tell everyone that they didn't do any heroic 5 mans to get badges as quick as possible in order to gear up as fast as possible in order to get their World kill as fast as possible.

Until that happens you can kindly gtfo.

The fact that they killed the bosses BEFORE their members got fully geared is a show of their SKILL.
    NOT A SIGN THAT THEY DIDN'T FEEL IT NECESSARY TO FARM OLD CONTENT LIKE YOU ARE IMPLYING.

Dumb level 1 poster is dumb.

It looks like the map is also going to change.

ALTF4.

Those Item models are F*CKING IMBA! ;D

Look at the shields I tells ya!!!

*Pats blizz on the back*

(And seriously, Stop nerd raging nubnub2009, It's a game)

So you're telling me that for five weeks of gating those people didnt farm 5 men HCs?

Its a simple question. They didn't have setbonuses cause they we're limited by gating abd only having 9 tokens when HMs were unlocked.

Let's have someone from Ensidia post in this thread and tell everyone that they didn't do any heroic 5 mans to get badges as quick as possible in order to gear up as fast as possible in order to get their World kill as fast as possible.

Until that happens you can kindly gtfo.

The fact that they killed the bosses BEFORE their members got fully geared is a show of their SKILL.
    NOT A SIGN THAT THEY DIDN'T FEEL IT NECESSARY TO FARM OLD CONTENT LIKE YOU ARE IMPLYING.

Dumb level 1 poster is dumb.
    You're bad at logic. If they felt it necessary (i.e. required to down it) then they'd not have downed it before they finished farming said sets. Yes, it's a thing of skill...there's a skill curve that's independant from gear curve, more skilled players rely less on gear curve.

Also, nice fascination with Ensidia, considering they're not exactly world first at the moment. You'd think someone in the top 100 would know that. Ensidia didn't get the world kill, you're a moron.
    Banned.

I love the design of all these weapons but the axe just looks so dull, just me though I hate axes:P O and who was it that asked about the lower ranked spells costing less mana? well its to make leveling faster i'd imagine... anyway sorry if that question was already answered, new patch looking pretty awesome so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Metian

that looks great

Quote Originally Posted by Misortie

*Pats blizz on the back*

(And seriously, Stop nerd raging nubnub2009, It's a game)
    Not that I agree with the tone of that poster, but ironically he's the only person here who's threating WOW as a game and not a job or a religion.
    He demands it to' be' designed to' be' fun.

Quote Originally Posted by i2lurchi
    that looks great
    All tho it's still not done. Because looks like we also getting those quests on the map (where is the mob, like we had in PTR 3.2).
    ALTF4.

Quote Originally Posted by Metian

I can only hope so, that looks amazingly helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Valtiel
    So you're telling me that for five weeks of gating those people didnt farm 5 men HCs?

Its a simple question. They didn't have setbonuses cause they we're limited by gating abd only having 9 tokens when HMs were unlocked.
    9 tokens? Raiding just the 10 and 25 normals as they were released, you would have far more than 9 tokens...
    week 1: beasts, 3 (10) 3 (25)
    week 2: beasts, jar, 6 (10) 6 (25)
    week 3: beasts, jar, champs, 9 (10) 9 (25)
    week 4: beasts, jar, camps, twins, 12 (10), 12 (25)
    week 5: beasts, jar, champs, twins, 15 (10), 15 (25), begin heroic after clearing.

Are you retarded, or just horrible at math?
    They didn't have setbonuses because the ilevel 232 gear is almost universally bad. The ilevel 245 gear is mostly sidegrade from t8.5 for a lot of classes due to inferior or broken set bonuses, and odd itemization and socketing. You realize a lot of classes are surpassing ilevels 232 and 245 t9 entirely, right? As a rogue, I'm likely to go into Icecrown in t8.5, or in a non-tier build unless Anub HM becomes sufficiently on farm, which isn't likely for my guild at the moment.
    Banned.

Please people, quit feeding the troll. That's all that nubnub2009 is. He keeps saying the same thing over and over again, in what appears to be some vain attempt to stroke his own ego, and yet you all keep responding. I'm sure our friends playing Aion will love having such an elite player :. Leave him be. I mean, seriously, we have all this stuff to talk about and this is what the majority of the thread has been dedicated to?

About Quel'Delar, it's not a Legendary, I can tell you that much. It's quite obviously just a quest item, probably part of the attunement in accessing all 3 wings of the 5-man instance, and will probably serve to weaken the Lich King (how else could you take him on with only 5 players?). What I do find interesting, however, is the part of the questline that sends you to the Sunwell. Seriously, I haven't traveled to the Isle of Quel'danas for anything other than nostalgia raids in almost a year. That it will be utilized in some fashion is nice to see. It looks like they're really packing in the content, in what appears to be a fast-track to Cataclysm.

And great to see Terenas back! "Having Frostmourne plunged through my heart by my only son was merely a setback!" I'm sure this is part of some flashback, of which I hope there are many. If they're going to finally bring to a close the story of Warcraft 3, they'd better do it in style. I expect Jaina, Sylvanas, Muradin, the ghost of Uther, and Kael'thas' re-animated corpse to beat Arthas into submission. It's just the right thing to do.

You're bad at logic. If they felt it necessary (i.e. required to down it) then they'd not have downed it before they finished farming said sets. Yes, it's a thing of skill...there's a skill curve that's independant from gear curve, more skilled players rely less on gear curve.

Also, nice fascination with Ensidia, considering they're not exactly world first at the moment. You'd think someone in the top 100 would know that. Ensidia didn't get the world kill, you're a moron.
    Didn't say they did get World first. L2read dumb dumb.

World second more than qualifies them to give valid opinions aswell, what are you retarded to think they don't know what they are doing?

LoL.

As i said, let's get an experts opinion on whether or not it is necessary to farm all that you can in order to stay competitive.

Until the experts say that it isnt necessary, i think you can kindly gtfo with your opinions as to how to gear up a guild in the best way possible

You realize a lot of classes are surpassing ilevels 232 and 245 t9 entirely, right?
    Clueless.

You may want to discover the difference between tokens and emblems before callng someone retarded.

And not all 4 pieces t8.5 setbonuses were as op as the rogue ones. 2t9 is an upgrade for several classes.

Didn't say they did get World first. L2read dumb dumb.

World second more than qualifies them to give valid opinions aswell, what are you retarded to think they don't know what they are doing?
    They didn't get world second either, they're just ranked world second. The world second Anub HM kill went to Stars.
    LoLoLoL to you too.
    As i said, let's get an experts opinion on whether or not it is necessary to farm all that you can in order to stay competitive.
    If they cleared it without t9, then it's not necessary. That's the definition of the word.
    Until the experts say that it isnt necessary, i think you can kindly gtfo with your opinions as to how to gear up a guild in the best way possible
    Badge gear is not the best way to gear up a guild.
    Banned.

Is it just me, or does it seem that large ledge is most likely going to be just scenery? I mean, it's early and we don't know what plans they have, but that place would hold me at it being just a open area, if it wasn't for the guillotine shaped room at the end.

Though unless that's where you start and you just show up at the lich king's room first (?).

EDIT: I think I may know what happens. Maybe you don't attack the LK at all, he does some major turning point for your group and then when you reach his quarters, Falric and Marwyn will be waiting, most likely changed and empowered by the lich king.