Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Patch 3.3 Now live on PTRs

The new shields look amazing... Bring on Tier 10
    - The Chad -

Anyone else thinking Blizz might be releasing the new class combos this patch? Why else would they be showing us the Dwarf Totems?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvatt
    So uhh.. anyone else notice this?

http://db.mmo-champion.com/q/14441/garroshs-autograph/

Garrosh in org/cataclysm by valentines? ;D
    Ooooo interesting!

The kid even states Garrosh as one of the Hordes greatest heroes so he HAS to do something unbeliably epic between now and Cataclysm to be one of the greatest heroes in such a short time.

Lookin' forward to respecting Garrosh.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

Quick thoughts:
    * I don't like Shadowmourne's alt model as much as the other one.
    * I'm really liking the looks of the new weapon models. They look pretty awesome.
    * And... Terenas Menethil?! Arthas' father?! The last King of Lordaeron?! I wonder, in what capacity will he be making an appearance?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Direfen
    Ooooo interesting!

The kid even states Garrosh as one of the Hordes greatest heroes so he HAS to do something unbeliably epic between now and Cataclysm to be one of the greatest heroes in such a short time.

Yep, been saying this for a while - ICC will redeem his asshatery - something to do with Saurfang the Elder dying, redeeming the Younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Direfen
    Ooooo interesting!

He goes to the lich king, tells him that he should never do that again and puts him on the timeout chair.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

I like the model of the 1h Axe better than the 2h one. Too bad that one couldn't be enlarged and used as the 2h instead of that rather dull looking 2h they have here (not talking about shadowmorne dealy).

I am in LOVE with so many of these new models. Especially love the shield wall-looking one, and I don't even tank anymore. 2h sword could be better...is that a halberd i see? <3

Quote Originally Posted by nubnub2009
    There won't be a progress guild in the whole game that won't raid old content to get badges of frost if they are to be used for tier 10.

And this forces each guild member to raid the old content with their guild.

If a player was to say to his guildeess "I dont want to raid old content because i'm sick of it", then that player will be forced out his guild one way or another.

It is very naive of you to think otherwise.

Anyway, maybe alot will have fun raiding all old content to get new gear, but not me, this is one step too far for me to enjoy the game, i won't find it fun at all.

Will wait and see if this is the case, but if it is, i don't think i'll be playing the game much longer, i have been playing almost 5 years now, but enough is enough.

I want new content for new gear, being forced to raid old content to get an edge is Blizzard treating players for fools. How much money do they want to milk from us to play old content?

Because that's all it is, they have devised a system where you are paying to play old content over and over again and i'm afraid that just isn't a good time investment for me.

No thanks.
    I don't understand what the big deal is. All of these weekly raid quests involve killing a boss that's either 1st or 2nd in their respective raid. (Given, we don't know anything about Lord Marrowgar or where in Icecrown Citadel he is, but given that all the others are very early bosses, it would be reasonable to guess that he will be an early boss as well.) So, you throw together a group, kill 1-2 bosses to get to/kill the one you need, and then leave the instance. No one says you have to bring in people who need gear from the instances, nor that you have to finish them. What's a boss or two each week for some extra emblems?

Quote Originally Posted by Razia
    Draenei don't have any unique ones either, at least not yet.
    are you dumb?
    draenei are the ONLY SHAMANS THE ALLIANCE HAVE
    their totem are ALREADY unique

I love the models

Quote Originally Posted by Draelan
    I don't understand what the big deal is. All of these weekly raid quests involve killing a boss that's either 1st or 2nd in their respective raid. (Given, we don't know anything about Lord Marrowgar or where in Icecrown Citadel he is, but given that all the others are very early bosses, it would be reasonable to guess that he will be an early boss as well.) So, you throw together a group, kill 1-2 bosses to get to/kill the one you need, and then leave the instance. No one says you have to bring in people who need gear from the instances, nor that you have to finish them. What's a boss or two each week for some extra emblems?
    I'm sorry but you seem to be in the wrong place. This thread is for panicking and overreacting to all the changes being made, drooling over the new models only to whine about them later, and general bitching.

Anyway, maybe alot will have fun raiding all old content to get new gear, but not me, this is one step too far for me to enjoy the game, i won't find it fun at all.
    You are just whining. Seriously, every single one of those quests is the first or second boss in the instance - at today's gear levels it will take ten to twenty minutes out of your entire week. But woe Blizzard for forcing you to do that! And for a reward stiff you with badges to buy gear and gems and then slap you in the face with 30 gold!

Plus, as pointed out, the fact that your guild may 'force' you to do one or two old bosses once a week is your problem with your guild - not a problem with Blizzard's quests. You probably didn't whine about having to do heroics once a day.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi
    It's about time arcane gets a raid support talent. +3% damage to raid is amazing.
    yea great if u dont have any ret pally in raid since he buffs also raid with 3% dmg buff and it doesnt stack with mage one =D

I wonder if new heirlooms will be added to Patch 3.3 at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Priest74
    I wonder if new heirlooms will be added to Patch 3.3 at a later date.
    I doubt that there will be any new ones.

Raid dailys or weeklys look quite nice tbh..
    This user has been banned.

I think the new totem models are cute. I think the orc one is pretty cheesy, but it fits. Exactly what I was hoping to see.

Also, why cant humans get moderate facial hair like Terenas there? I am tired of the play-doh hair that looks like a bunch of wooly caterpillers died on my face.

I like the Daily Raids too. A great way to get gear for those alts that one can never seem to raid with

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Draelan
    * I don't like Shadowmourne's alt model as much as the other one.
    Now that you mention it...

The second Model for it suggests that Shadowmourne is either:

- A weapon similar to Benediction/Anathema: Two forms to choose from.
    or
    - An Epic Axe (using the alternate model) that starts a quest chain to upgrade/empower it with whatever (upgrades it to the glowy awesome model we saw first), but you can still use it while on your way to finish the quest just like you could use the crafted sulfuras hammer before getting an eye of sulfuras. At least this way the quest item wouldn't be useless while collecting whatever is needed for the quest.

It could also be that the quest item drops from a normal mode boss, but the quest can only be completed by doing hardmode Arthas. That way normal guilds will have unupgraded Shadowmourne's available while hardmode-raiders can upgrade em to legendarys.

On the other hand, it could just be one of those item models that will never be used and will rot inside the item database forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

There won't be a progress guild in the whole game that won't raid old content to get badges of frost if they are to be used for tier 10.

And this forces each guild member to raid the old content with their guild.

If a player was to say to his guildeess "I dont want to raid old content because i'm sick of it", then that player will be forced out his guild one way or another.

It is very naive of you to think otherwise.

Will wait and see if this is the case, but if it is, i don't think i'll be playing the game much longer, i have been playing almost 5 years now, but enough is enough.

I want new content for new gear, being forced to raid old content to get an edge is Blizzard treating players for fools. How much money do they want to milk from us to play old content?

Because that's all it is, they have devised a system where you are paying to play old content over and over again and i'm afraid that just isn't a good time investment for me.

No thanks.
    First of all, if you have played WoW for 5 years already chances are that you will still play it for quite some time to come.

Secondly, I can tell you why Naxx 25 bosses quests were added.

Nobody from serious guilds had any reason to do Naxx 25 any more, so they didn`t. That left people who still needed gear out of Naxx 25 form Pugs, and wipe endlessly at Thaddius. SOmetimes, you couldn`t find no two Priests willing to do Razuvious in the entire server, so that meant that even if you could beat Thaddius you could not complete the instance.

You need at least two Priests to complete the Instructor encounter when you are in an ordinary (non-pro) PUG.

The alternative Bliz had was to nerf both Razuvious (adding mind control orbs at the 25 man encounter) and Thaddius, so as to make Naxx 25 puggable straight from the trade channel. Looks like they didn`t want to do that.

Even so, I think that the `Kill Patchy` thing has to be changed to `Kill Thaddius`. Patchy can be killed by a bunch of bad Puggies straight from the Trade Channel while Thaddius requires a better group composition, and what is more it is a very fun and cool fight when you are in a decent guild with good players. I will be posting this suggestion (Change Patchy to Thaddius) asap.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.