Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3 Now live on PTRs

I love the design of all these weapons but the axe just looks so dull, just me though I hate axes:P O and who was it that asked about the lower ranked spells costing less mana? well its to make leveling faster i'd imagine... anyway sorry if that question was already answered, new patch looking pretty awesome so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Metian
    It looks like the map is also going to change.

that looks great

Quote Originally Posted by Misortie

*Pats blizz on the back*

(And seriously, Stop nerd raging nubnub2009, It's a game)
    Not that I agree with the tone of that poster, but ironically he's the only person here who's threating WOW as a game and not a job or a religion.
    He demands it to' be' designed to' be' fun.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by i2lurchi
    that looks great
    All tho it's still not done. Because looks like we also getting those quests on the map (where is the mob, like we had in PTR 3.2).
    ALTF4.

Quote Originally Posted by Metian
    It looks like the map is also going to change.

I can only hope so, that looks amazingly helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Valtiel
    So you're telling me that for five weeks of gating those people didnt farm 5 men HCs?

Its a simple question. They didn't have setbonuses cause they we're limited by gating abd only having 9 tokens when HMs were unlocked.
    9 tokens? Raiding just the 10 and 25 normals as they were released, you would have far more than 9 tokens...
    week 1: beasts, 3 (10) 3 (25)
    week 2: beasts, jar, 6 (10) 6 (25)
    week 3: beasts, jar, champs, 9 (10) 9 (25)
    week 4: beasts, jar, camps, twins, 12 (10), 12 (25)
    week 5: beasts, jar, champs, twins, 15 (10), 15 (25), begin heroic after clearing.

Are you retarded, or just horrible at math?
    They didn't have setbonuses because the ilevel 232 gear is almost universally bad. The ilevel 245 gear is mostly sidegrade from t8.5 for a lot of classes due to inferior or broken set bonuses, and odd itemization and socketing. You realize a lot of classes are surpassing ilevels 232 and 245 t9 entirely, right? As a rogue, I'm likely to go into Icecrown in t8.5, or in a non-tier build unless Anub HM becomes sufficiently on farm, which isn't likely for my guild at the moment.
    Banned.

Please people, quit feeding the troll. That's all that nubnub2009 is. He keeps saying the same thing over and over again, in what appears to be some vain attempt to stroke his own ego, and yet you all keep responding. I'm sure our friends playing Aion will love having such an elite player :. Leave him be. I mean, seriously, we have all this stuff to talk about and this is what the majority of the thread has been dedicated to?

About Quel'Delar, it's not a Legendary, I can tell you that much. It's quite obviously just a quest item, probably part of the attunement in accessing all 3 wings of the 5-man instance, and will probably serve to weaken the Lich King (how else could you take him on with only 5 players?). What I do find interesting, however, is the part of the questline that sends you to the Sunwell. Seriously, I haven't traveled to the Isle of Quel'danas for anything other than nostalgia raids in almost a year. That it will be utilized in some fashion is nice to see. It looks like they're really packing in the content, in what appears to be a fast-track to Cataclysm.

And great to see Terenas back! "Having Frostmourne plunged through my heart by my only son was merely a setback!" I'm sure this is part of some flashback, of which I hope there are many. If they're going to finally bring to a close the story of Warcraft 3, they'd better do it in style. I expect Jaina, Sylvanas, Muradin, the ghost of Uther, and Kael'thas' re-animated corpse to beat Arthas into submission. It's just the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Theguyabovemeisretarded
    You're bad at logic. If they felt it necessary (i.e. required to down it) then they'd not have downed it before they finished farming said sets. Yes, it's a thing of skill...there's a skill curve that's independant from gear curve, more skilled players rely less on gear curve.

Also, nice fascination with Ensidia, considering they're not exactly world first at the moment. You'd think someone in the top 100 would know that. Ensidia didn't get the world kill, you're a moron.
    Didn't say they did get World first. L2read dumb dumb.

World second more than qualifies them to give valid opinions aswell, what are you retarded to think they don't know what they are doing?

LoL.

As i said, let's get an experts opinion on whether or not it is necessary to farm all that you can in order to stay competitive.

Until the experts say that it isnt necessary, i think you can kindly gtfo with your opinions as to how to gear up a guild in the best way possible

You realize a lot of classes are surpassing ilevels 232 and 245 t9 entirely, right?
    Clueless.

You may want to discover the difference between tokens and emblems before callng someone retarded.

And not all 4 pieces t8.5 setbonuses were as op as the rogue ones. 2t9 is an upgrade for several classes.

Quote Originally Posted by nubnub2009
    Didn't say they did get World first. L2read dumb dumb.

World second more than qualifies them to give valid opinions aswell, what are you retarded to think they don't know what they are doing?
    They didn't get world second either, they're just ranked world second. The world second Anub HM kill went to Stars.
    LoLoLoL to you too.
    As i said, let's get an experts opinion on whether or not it is necessary to farm all that you can in order to stay competitive.
    If they cleared it without t9, then it's not necessary. That's the definition of the word.
    Until the experts say that it isnt necessary, i think you can kindly gtfo with your opinions as to how to gear up a guild in the best way possible
    Badge gear is not the best way to gear up a guild.
    Banned.

Is it just me, or does it seem that large ledge is most likely going to be just scenery? I mean, it's early and we don't know what plans they have, but that place would hold me at it being just a open area, if it wasn't for the guillotine shaped room at the end.

Though unless that's where you start and you just show up at the lich king's room first (?).

EDIT: I think I may know what happens. Maybe you don't attack the LK at all, he does some major turning point for your group and then when you reach his quarters, Falric and Marwyn will be waiting, most likely changed and empowered by the lich king.

They didn't get world second either....
    Again, didn't say they did.

You didn't pay close enough attention when i told you to l2read last time so i'll repeat it.

L2read

I'll also repeat this to you for good measure -

You realize a lot of classes are surpassing ilevels 232 and 245 t9 entirely, right?
    Clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Valtiel
    You may want to discover the difference between tokens and emblems before callng someone retarded.
    There are no "tokens". There are emblems, trophies, and regalias. If you're referring to trophies, then there would still be more than 9.
    1 on week one
    2 on week two
    3 on week three
    4 on week four
    5 on week five
    That's 15.
    And not all 4 pieces t8.5 setbonuses were as op as the rogue ones. 2t9 is an upgrade for several classes.
    No they weren't, but as a whole tier 9 setbonuses are underwhelming (and by design intent on blizzards part to slow down the pace of gear scaling) The majority of DPS classes are better off saving for 245 at the very least, and even that is still a marginal change for most, only being an upgrade really due to increased stats. So many of the set bonuses aren't working in their current implementations that they don't even play a factor.

Banned.

BULLSHIT! The highest gear drops from from a "no wipe Anub 25 man HM kill" - ilv 272 claoks
    Double BULLSHIT: Tier 9.5 REGALIA tokens need NO emblems and only drop from HM Anub 25 man
    Tripple BULLSHIT: Top Guilds..REAL TOP GUILDS...Stars, Ensidia, Paragon, let us just take the Top 10....have completed all Hardmodes before emblems made a difference. Because you actually need like 300 triumph to complete a T 9.25 (the ones with trophies) and you don't get that ina the week that those guilds took from release to full clear.
    Yeah except how long did it take for guilds to clear Anub, like 6-7 weeks after ToC normal was released? so they had alot of days to farm those emblem of triumphs from the daily hc for those weeks. And 25 raid members who get maybe 1 or 2 extra set items or badge loot from those emblems probably wont make a difference when those guilds are wiping on 1-2% from a world first kill.

really, think for a change. ofc every top guild farmed the daily heroic for triumph emblems as they will farm the new weekly raid quest for those extra 10emblems. I doubt Arthas will die within 4-5 weeks so thats 40-50 extra emblems. 1-2 pieces extra perhaps for each raidmember that will make the difference between a world first and 1% wipe.

I agree with nubnub, im not looking forward to the weekly raid quest because i'm gonna feel forced to do it, because i wanna gear up my character as fast as possible, even though im not in a specially hardcore guild.

the idea of maybe missing the guild raid for the weekly and having to find a pug doesnt really appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    I think you start outside, run the entire ramp to the room with Falric and Marwyn and then cross the corridor to the Lich King.
    Probably so, so that throws my edited out of the water, but now I'm guessing that end room has something to do with Quel Delar, seeing how it says it wants you to go to HoR.

Quote Originally Posted by nubnub2009
    Again, didn't say they did.

You didn't pay close enough attention when i told you to l2read last time so i'll repeat it.

L2read
    Pretty sure you did...
    "World second more than qualifies them to give valid opinions aswell, what are you retarded to think they don't know what they are doing?"
    I'll also repeat this to you for good measure -

Clueless.
    Uh...go to EJ and check for yourself on that? 232 is considered almost a garbage tier by many players at the moment, and the only people actively pursuing it are people who couldn't clear ulduar + HMs. The ilevel 245 is more mixed, but due to broken set bonuses has severely reduced EP in comparison to many of the 8.5 sets. 258 is when nearly every classs t9 completely surpasses t8 content due to stat excess alone.

I really don't think you've even looked into any of this. Again, give us your guilds name so we'll know what "top 100" guild certainly will never be getting world firsts.
    Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom
    Please people, quit feeding the troll. That's all that nubnub2009 is. He keeps saying the same thing over and over again, in what appears to be some vain attempt to stroke his own ego, and yet you all keep responding. I'm sure our friends playing Aion will love having such an elite player :. Leave him be. I mean, seriously, we have all this stuff to talk about and this is what the majority of the thread has been dedicated to?
    Seconded. Please stop feeding him. The only way you can kill a troll is to starve it to death (and then set it on fire)... Lets get back to discussing the real issues of 3.3 rather than this made-up drama.

I wonder how they're going to handle the Sunwell quest bit? I imagine handing in the quest will port you to a boss-free Sunwell after the defeat of KJ? I assume they're not expecting people to clear SWP just to finish this quest...

And really interesting about that Valentines quest someone posted earlier which requires you to meet Garrosh, the leader of Orgrimmar... That suggests Garrosh might be looking after Orgrimmar by Feb 14th next year... Which could in turn mean Icerown arriving early December (after 2 months testing), followed by a pre-Cataclysm patch (4.0?) in February to implement the stat changes and Cataclysm in March/April? They surely can't drag out Icecrown past May- 6 months with no new content would start to push people's patience...

Quote Originally Posted by Dantiakazzak
    Yeah except how long did it take for guilds to clear Anub, like 6-7 weeks after ToC normal was released? so they had alot of days to farm those emblem of triumphs from the daily hc for those weeks. And 25 raid members who get maybe 1 or 2 extra set items or badge loot from those emblems probably wont make a difference when those guilds are wiping on 1-2% from a world first kill.
    Sorta contradicted your own point there, but basically yes. Better gear IS important, but extra tier gear wasn't the final straw for killing anub. Most of the early Anub kills weren't in T9, they were in t8.5 + HM ulduar gear. BiS and close to BiS pre-3.2 items.

really, think for a change. ofc every top guild farmed the daily heroic for triumph emblems as they will farm the new weekly raid quest for those extra 10emblems. I doubt Arthas will die within 4-5 weeks so thats 40-50 extra emblems. 1-2 pieces extra perhaps for each raidmember that will make the difference between a world first and 1% wipe.
    No one is saying they didn't do it, but that they didn't need to do it to succeed as much as Guild X of Y server, ranked 5531th world needs it.

I agree with nubnub, im not looking forward to the weekly raid quest because i'm gonna feel forced to do it, because i wanna gear up my character as fast as possible, even though im not in a specially hardcore guild.
    If you don't want to do it, don't do it. Not everyone who has succeeded in ToC did the daily heroics every day. I sure as hell haven't, I do them maybe once a week. Granted, I'm not purchasing gear so it's a moot point, I just pool emblems and sell orbs.

the idea of maybe missing the guild raid for the weekly and having to find a pug doesnt really appeal to me.
    You understand that these can be done in 10 and 25, right? Most old content 10 mans are so ridiculously scaled down from current gear that you can quite literally 5 man them with ease.
    Banned.

Sorta contradicted your own point there, but basically yes. Better gear IS important, but extra tier gear wasn't the final straw for killing anub. Most of the early Anub kills weren't in T9, they were in t8.5 + HM ulduar gear. BiS and close to BiS pre-3.2 items.
    Ofc gear isn't the final straw as much as tactic but saying it doesn't help, and topguilds wouldn't farm it I seriously doubt
    No one is saying they didn't do it, but that they didn't need to do it to succeed as much as Guild X of Y server, ranked 5531th world needs it.
    Perhaps
    If you don't want to do it, don't do it. Not everyone who has succeeded in ToC did the daily heroics every day. I sure as hell haven't, I do them maybe once a week. Granted, I'm not purchasing gear so it's a moot point, I just pool emblems and sell orbs.
    That's your view but i got two specs that i regurarly play in raids (prot/arms) and i kinda want as good gear on both specs as possible to be a benefit to my guild.
    You understand that these can be done in 10 and 25, right? Most old content 10 mans are so ridiculously scaled down from current gear that you can quite literally 5 man them with ease.
    Its not so much that its hard to do, its just time consuming. Having to login when you didn't want to just to find a pug that is about to form just for that weekly quest, specially when you got 2 alts aswell :/

They surely can't drag out Icecrown past May- 6 months with no new content would start to push people's patience...
    You are right about that. At the pace they've been setting, 6 months seems unfathomable. There is always the chance that Blizzard goes back on their word and 3.3 isn't the last WotLK content patch..but I just don't see what they could possibly add. From just the first several updates it appears that Blizzard is pulling out all the stops on this patch, and anything short of the next expansion would be a let-down. Besides, seeing as they're already adding some content for Cataclysm (dwarf totems), there appears to be some place-setting for the expansion.

Speaking of dwarf shaman - I wonder if, like we've seen with Night Elf mages and Tauren Paladins, we'll see some additional questlines that tie into some of the new class combos? Hopefully something more substantive than the Night Elf mage "questline".