Thread: Pit of Saron

Pit of Saron

Didn't see a post for it but um.

Ick - A plague abombination thing.
    Does a targetted poison AoE at a party member ala tiki boss dude in gun drak.
    Pursues people every so often just run from him.
    After awhile he shoots mines everywhere just move out of them. Theyre like the freya bombs.

Forgemaster Garfrost - Flesh Giant.
    Does a pulsing AoE like the drakes in BWL (Caps at 30 stacks 600%? i think) hits for like 3k pre resist.
    Shoots rocks at people, just move out of the way.
    You can LoS the ticks behind the rocks.
    Jumps to his forge after a bit and creates a sword. Gives him a 100% damage buff each time and there are 2 forges. I'm guessing % based but not sure yet.

Gauntlet before last boss
    Mobs in the cave and also hodirs ice mounds.

Rimefang and Tyrannus - DK and a Frost wyrm.
    The drake shoots ice patchs down that tick for 2k if you stand in them. Tyrantus targets someone with his mark and all healing done to that person is also done to him, there is something about damage as well.

Called it after 1000000 server crashes :c

Re: Pit of Saron

Thanks, please keep em' coming. =)

Server crashed and the instance reset. >.>
    We're gonna record the boss fights now though

Interested to see these fights, how was the instance layout? Pretty mad looking?

You have been summoned to "pit" of Saron..... would you accept the summon? *grins*

The instance itself looks like the outside aea of Icecrown.

Quote Originally Posted by pandä
    The instance itself looks like the outside aea of Icecrown.
    It looks exactly like where the saronite quarry is, right next to the Shadow Vault, but eh the map doesn't match up. Still...too similar

Well, it seems to be taking place SOUTH of Icecrown Citadel, if I read the map correctly. so it should be where those mountains are right now if you fly over the Wrathgate.

http://i38.tinypic.com/ohk51s.jpg

Right now, if you fly over the Wrathgate and head towards IC Citadel, you get a bunch of mountains until you reach it. The map of the Pit of Saron shows the Wrathgate to the Southeast, and Icecrown Citadel to the north. That seems to add up. Where the mountains are on the live realms will probably be where the Pit will be after wards.

Now it actually makes sense that the Lich King appeared at the Wrathgate, before that it seemed like he just came from nowhere, lol.

Edit: I haven't done the PTR yet, so I'm not sure about this, lol.

It was actually the best 5man I've ever done. Can't wait to see the other 2 areas.

At one point you enter a cave and the main boss tries to block you in. Its a gauntlet with Hodir ice falling at you. was pretty epic.
    Once you down the last boss, Sindragosa pops up and kills everyone but you because jaina teleports you inside the cave.

also, throughout the place, you can choose to free alliance/horde slaves. if you free them, they will help you on the last boss.
    The last boss calls a shit ton of Adds to ambush you from the cave.. but the slaves take care of them if you free them
    I'm wondering if you don't free them, you unlock some kind of hard mode to kill the last boss with no help from the slaves.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

My group cleared it earlier, well sort of. The final boss bugged out and upon his death, we were stuck in combat and his mount was hovering way out of our reach. The instance itself looks meh, even with max settings and full shadows. This will definitely be the least favorite of the three. We cleared it on heroic mode by the way. I can see a fresh batch of 80s struggling with this place. Blizzard really needs to implement tiered heroics in Cataclysm because it was definitely too easy in some spots. I know they won't re-tune it too much either. Tiered heroics go!

Quote Originally Posted by treston323
    It was actually the best 5man I've ever done. Can't wait to see the other 2 areas.

At one point you enter a cave and the main boss tries to block you in. Its a gauntlet with Hodir ice falling at you. was pretty epic.
    Once you down the last boss, Sindragosa pops up and kills everyone but you because jaina teleports you inside the cave.

also, throughout the place, you can choose to free alliance/horde slaves. if you free them, they will help you on the last boss.
    The last boss calls a shit ton of Adds to ambush you from the cave.. but the slaves take care of them if you free them
    I'm wondering if you don't free them, you unlock some kind of hard mode to kill the last boss with no help from the slaves.
    Well that certainly sounds like a much better ending than the one we were given. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkle
    Well that certainly sounds like a much better ending than the one we were given. :P
    You must have not seen Sindragosa pop up and blow up everyone with her ice breath lol.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Quote Originally Posted by acidragoon
    It looks exactly like where the saronite quarry is, right next to the Shadow Vault, but eh the map doesn't match up. Still...too similar
    pit of saron-ite?
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkle
    Are you implying he's making crap up?

Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX
    Are you implying he's making crap up?
    ...well everyone else I know and myself just got the 'stuck in combat, random npcs cheering' ending...
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    ...well everyone else I know and myself just got the 'stuck in combat, random npcs cheering' ending...
    Ah, ok. Because the scenario he presented sounded too good to be true.

That is the scenario we got stuck in combat and some people left but me and 2 others wanted to run out and as we were running out someone pulled something and he died right after he released there were Yells from Slyvanna's talking about shutting up the horde guy that was talking cause sindragosa shut him up so we ran back up there to find the horde "help" all dead along with there leader and Slyvannas was talking about heading into the Halls of Reflection. It deff bugged out but what he described is true but it seems as if its bugging the ending out the whole time and we were stuck in combat that whole time im assuming that has to do with sindragosa coming in and wiping everyone else

I would assume its bugging out due to the quest chain not being able to be turned in or things like that but after slyvannas went to the door to open it she disappeared since it was the only instance open

Quote Originally Posted by xlxctxlx
    That is the scenario we got stuck in combat and some people left but me and 2 others wanted to run out and as we were running out someone pulled something and he died right after he released there were Yells from Slyvanna's talking about shutting up the horde guy that was talking cause sindragosa shut him up so we ran back up there to find the horde "help" all dead along with there leader and Slyvannas was talking about heading into the Halls of Reflection. It deff bugged out but what he described is true but it seems as if its bugging the ending out the whole time and we were stuck in combat that whole time im assuming that has to do with sindragosa coming in and wiping everyone else
    Well you did the horde version so that might be why.

On the alliance version, you kill the boss. you see the drake fly away then you see Sindragosa fly in and start charging up a blast. Jaina ports everyone in the party back into the cave.. then you see Sindragosa light up the whole floor killing everyone. A couple of them survived(Not the blast but a few were in the cave or something. Didn't get a chance to look) and they run to the dead, kneel over them and start crying. Jaina says its unfortunate blah blah blah and tells us to go to this door. the place isn't finished yet so we couldn't go inside the door.. so that was it for us.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

guys your wrong its pit of saronite they just got a typo... clearly there are no bosses and you just farm saronite all day
    This user has been banned.