Confused Over Lock Hit Rating

I have always been told since wotlk that the lock hit cap was 446, this covers you not having any additional +hit classes in the raid. Our current raid setup does NOT include a sp but does have a regular boomkin. Obviously if I am stacking to much hit then I want to address this.

Any info/help on this would be greatly appriciated. Check out my armory through my sig below.

Thanks.

Deleted

Re: Confused Over Lock Hit Rating

Seriously ?

I'm gonna try real hard not to to be rude but why ask us to do it for you ?

The answers are everywhere if you look, and if you can't be bothered then why expect someone else to be ?

Sorry if that's harsh.

WoWWiki does state those stats but to be honest I dont know any warlock who uses that much hit.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_hit

I would recomend around 340-350 hit with three points in Supperesion. I'd be supprised if you missed anything in whatever raid setup you have.

Deleted

Ok I felt bad about my original post.

Firstly the stats for each percentage:

17% i.e hit capped purely from gear : 445.94 (446)
    16% eg 1 point in suppression : 419.71 (420)
    15% eg 2 points in suppression : 393.48 (394)

14% i.e. 3 points in suppression OR having the Improved Faerie Fire buff from the raid: 367.25 (368)

You can go down further than this with IFF AND Suppression but you'll be moving away from the recommended spec and the newer gear is loaded with hit anyway. You also have food buffs available but I reckon 368 is low enough.

Thanks alot for the great help, it is greatly recieved.

i usually try to run with 340 hit(13%) as i am alliance and can count on drenai and either SP or moonkin providing the other 4%. if u had 3 pts in suppression you could be as low as 10% on ally or 11% for horde.

what confuses me is why do the highest item level badge trinkets have so much hit? its so easy to be hit capped. it makes me wonder if some best in slot gear is coming that has no hit.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rozwell
    i usually try to run with 340 hit(13%) as i am alliance and can count on drenai and either SP or moonkin providing the other 4%. if u had 3 pts in suppression you could be as low as 10% on ally or 11% for horde.

what confuses me is why do the highest item level badge trinkets have so much hit? its so easy to be hit capped. it makes me wonder if some best in slot gear is coming that has no hit.
    Yeah the 50 emblem trinket is way over the top with regard to hit. Really annoys me because I'm stuck with 2x level200 trinkets due to months of bad luck. Honestly I've done Sarth every single week and only seen the Illustration of the Dragon Soul once if you can believe that is possible.

Anyway I'm not QQing - stuff like that just makes it even more awesome when (if lol) it drops for me. ;D

The magical number is 368 (shave 1% off if you're a Draenei). Anything less and you're under hit capped. 368 is perfectly fine if you're raiding with a boomkin regularly. Half the time, you're not going to miss even without a boomkin or spriest at 368 hit. My general strategy is to switch out a trinket like Elemental Focus Stone or Dying Curse when I lack a hit debuff, but sometimes I ignore that altogether and miss only one or two (if any) random incinerates. Call it careless, but I see gemming/speccing for hit as an immense and useless waste, so I generally refuse to do it. You should get plenty of hit from gear at the current item levels of endgame loot. I've got a pair of pants from 25 toc that gives me over 3% hit by itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

Do we not learn math in school??
    Hit cap: 17%

If suppression gives you 3.. 17%-3%=!??!?!?!
    Boomkin/shadow pirest + suppression: 17%-3%-3%=!?!??!
    Boomkin/shadow pirest + suppression + squid face: 17%-3%-3%-1%=!?!?!?!??!?!
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    Do we not learn math in school??
    Hit cap: 17%

If suppression gives you 3.. 17%-3%=14%
    Boomkin/shadow pirest + suppression: 17%-3%-3%=11%
    Boomkin/shadow pirest + suppression + squid face: 17%-3%-3%-1%=10%
    Fixd: For those of you who didn't
    - Khody is the Lord and God of the Forums. When spoken to, you may only refer to him as the following:
    'Lord Khody'
    'My Liege'
    'The One True King'
    'God'

Quote Originally Posted by cowcaw
    Fixd: For those of you who didn't
    Thankyou
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

I'm running with over 13% hit without Suppression as I opted for Improved Soul Leech for some raid utility. Even in 10-mans I'm normally running with a Draenei. Little harder to ensure a Boomkin or Spriest so I generally assume that in a 10-man I will never have that additional hit. Once you get to 13% hit by yourself, talents or not, anymore hit after that is trivial. I almost never miss. I don't find it worth it to continue to gear up beyond 13% when I could very well find myself in a raid with some toons that give me the remaining 4% easy. I did have the Elemental Focus Stone for a long time to swap out with one of my other trinks but after doing so many raids without equipping it and noticing that I only missed once in a blue moon (twice last night during Onyxia but that was a great exception) I decided to DE it.

If you're running the deep Destro spec which is the top spec right now, you do have some talents to play with should you be low on hit that will help make it up without affecting your DPS much if at all. The top spec puts 3 points into Backlash. You can take out two of those points for Suppression to get 2% more hit in place of 2% crit. You could also decide to not go into Improved Soul Leech (or even Soul Leech at all for that matter) and distribute those 5 points elsewhere. Mostly into Suppression. Soul Leech is really just a utility talent. Potentially healing you (which helps healers obviously) and helping to keep your mana up though if you Life Tap properly this should never be a big issue. The Replenishment feature of it is great for a raid where no other class has it but if you're running with, say, a Survival Hunter it becomes redundant and you may want to consider speccing elsewhere.

Here is a simple wau to look at it - you are born with an 83% chance to hit before you ever stack any hit - so simply bring your character sheet up and highlight HIT RATING which will give you a percent increase chance to hit - add that # to 83 and whala you have your percent chance to hit - when you get to 100 your capped. Suppression can be talented for 3% shadow priest are good for 3% and boomkins are good for 3%. Just check your raid to make sure they are specced for it and your gtg.

Quote Originally Posted by Demaworc
    Here is a simple wau to look at it - you are born with an 83% chance to hit before you ever stack any hit - so simply bring your character sheet up and highlight HIT RATING which will give you a percent increase chance to hit - add that # to 83 and whala you have your percent chance to hit - when you get to 100 your capped. Suppression can be talented for 3% shadow priest are good for 3% and boomkins are good for 3%. Just check your raid to make sure they are specced for it and your gtg.
    Just to clarify, 3% from shadow and Moonkin does not stack.

A simple chart that tells you the different amount of hit caps (via SP/Boomkin and suppression) for all possible combinations of +hit ratings can be found here:

http://wowmb.net/forums/f104/30669-w...t_cap_mr_wolf/

the misses may seem trivial but when u miss with a conflagrate it messes up your rotation for 10 seconds. the bad spell to miss with is soulshatter.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

15+ Year Old Account

Missing a Conflag costs you more than simply a screwed rotation. It also costs you some dps via lost cast time, Pyroclasm uptime, and 90% haste missing.

R.I.P. YARG

You NEED 17% hit, you can get away with 10% and still never miss, assuming you have 3/3 in supression, a space goat in your raid, and a boomkin or S priest. If your horde, you loose the 1% from the space goat, and in my expirience you cannot really say that a boomkin or s priest will always be there, specialy if you pug alot, however, space goats generally are so its safe to assume that 1% if your alliance, which means with supression you need 14% hit, or 13 if you happen to play alliance, and 17%, or 16% for alliance, if you don't. You want to hover with in 4-5 hit rating of one of these caps, because you either want to have 3/3 in supression or 0/3 there because the only other usefull place to put those 3 points would be in replenishment, and you need all three points, so hovering somewhere in between those 2 is a waste of dps or raid utility.

Yes missing a conflag is bad...however swapping 3% hit for 19sp..results in higher dps..yes marginal...but normally you will receive more than 19sp for the trade off. Thus on average you will do more dps overtime than on one fight. It is a matter of personal preferance at this point miss and have lower dps on one fight or have higher numbers on the other 4-6 fights.