Hello Shadows,

According to EJ in 3.2.2 the stats scaling factors was:

1 SP = 1
    1 Crit = 0.76
    1 Haste = 0.65
    1 Spi = 0.34
    1 Int = 0.23
    1 Hit = 1.58

The new Black magic will buff us with 250 haste, (i believe it will be 1 ppm for 15 sec or 1proc for 10 sec every 45 sec like the trinkets we have around - yet actual ptr data is needed: HELP).

if it does work like that the trinkets aka 1 proc for 10 sec with 45 sec CD then it will give us:

250*10/45=55 optimal haste bonus assuming that it procs every single CD, if u add few sec untill it actualy procs the figure is even lower...

using the scaling above the perfect 55 haste number is equal to 35.75 scaling points...
    while the one hander spellpower is pure 63 and 2h is pure 81

so im asking why blizz made that strange change and still making this enchant so unappealing...
    boomkins and ele shammies who stack on haste "might" benefit from it but i still think that for every single caster out there the spellpower enchants will do much better.

Unholy Weapon: need some pts data about the damage that it does to the target and how often and will it scale with shadow talents bonuses etc etc...

(maybe its for bursting on pvp having your stuff proc at start to maximize dps out put for short period of time dunno....)

Paranoid Tank: "Always be prepared for something to eat the healer..."

Re: 3.3 Black Magic, Unholy Weapon!

well we are assuming here that all the normal rules apply.

Once we see some PTR data all will be answered. but i hope that they make it good, i don't think i have made 1 copper off of this enchant in my book.
    Anubbus -- 80 Undead Mage -- US Bloodscalp
    Lapwnige -- 80 BE Tankadin -- US Bloodscalp

thats my point exactly,
    those enchants proved to have no use in pve, altho ive heard some arguments for pvp but never saw any arena guide "recomending" using those.

They should just remove the internal cooldown.

not sure they can do that, this enchat will be then 250*0.65=162 points of value and its twice the ammount of 81 spellpower and almost triple the amount of 1h 63 spellpower.

unless they buff the 2h enchant to 160sp and buff the 1h to 80 and add offhand enchant of like 30 spellpower, i dont think they will remove the internal CD.

Not like they cannot adjust the amount of haste you gain if they remove the internal cooldown.

Wtf is the point of this thread, you thought you would talk about benefits of a changed enchant and then shot it down by yourself.

Even if it was 250 sp Proc it would still be crap.

BTW: anything uve heard about haste plateaus increasing your dps, its not true, haste scales 'okay' even that is a bit of a stretch, its just that scales WAY less after the plateau, possibly even negatively if anything.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

The point is that they're more useless sounding enchants. They did this somewhat in BC as well. 'Neat' sounding enchants that are much worse than existing ones.

Haste plateaus do increase DPS. The point is that those plateaus allow a different rotation which is not possible otherwise and is a DPS gain. For Shadow they don't 'scale' more until you reach the magic number, which allows dropping MB from your rotation entirely. It's also a completely impossible amount of haste, but that's beside the point!

15+ Year Old Account

they need to make it something like 5-6% proc chance from direct damage spells and give it no internal cd
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right