[ELE] 4t9 + Heal (t9) chest?

Well. hello shamans..1st sorry for any english wrong writing u will find..

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...arsong&n=melex

My question is, i got 4 t9 set, and i had t8.5 chest on... but... t9 chest has hit on it, which i doenst need.. so i took the heal chest.... that in my simple mats would be better for my dps.. but my RL, and some mates wasnt happy about it. and disapproved my choice...

any suggestions? am i doing it wrong? ???

ty in advance.

ps: i had a big fight about that staff to =(

Deleted

Re: [ELE] 4t9 + Heal (t9) chest?

If your DPS increases, i dont see why your raid leader whines about it, if noone else needed the drop/if you bought it from emblems i dont see any problem. Also, if noone needed the staff, and you had a crappy 1h + shield, tell them to come kiss my ass, upgrade is upgrade, might not be the best (healing chest for dps / staff instead of 1h+shield) but if it increases dps and noone else wanted it, then its fine

mostly you get more crit rating with elemental gear so thats one of the reasons i think.

and if ur dps increase i can't see what the problem is. I suppose the rl wants you to get high dps so wtf ;D

Deleted

Try the following:
    T9 Chest, Shoulder, Head, Hand + http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47318

This way you'll be getting haste instead of crit, which will increase your DPS.

The Resto t9 chest I get. Actually I think it was a very good choice, as I am doing the same thing with a 4pc t9 + t8.5 resto helm.

As for the staff...eh I usually think of staffs giving less spell power than 1h/shield but more of the other stats such as intel. However, if you were still using naxx 10 weapon/shield and there was no one in the raid that needed the staff, then yeah I'd probably go for it too.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    Try the following:

245 item. That always just makes me assume I can't get it. But I'm sure the OP can...darn raiders and your fancy raids.

Just go for it dude, 4xT9 Ele + Resto Chest is ace, realy good choice! Dont bother with ur RL, tell him to go reroll a ele shammy and understand the class befor saying something!
    Your Frostbolt hits random Warlock for 247 damage. (457 absorbed) (583 resisted) (789 eaten by wolves) (624 abused by Michael Jackson).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Eggrole
    Just go for it dude, 4xT9 Ele + Resto Chest is ace, realy good choice! Dont bother with ur RL, tell him to go reroll a ele shammy and understand the class befor saying something!
    Seeing as the T9 Legs suck (Hit + Crit is the worst "good" combo for us) I'd say be careful with what you write.

Seeing as the T9 Legs suck (Hit + Crit is the worst "good" combo for us) I'd say be careful with what you write.
    Yeah well its best for him when looking at his choice bro, theres bound to be more items out there thats better then T9 legs, but for him after making that choice its a good one! Id say read through the forum post befor saying "id say" O.o
    Your Frostbolt hits random Warlock for 247 damage. (457 absorbed) (583 resisted) (789 eaten by wolves) (624 abused by Michael Jackson).

Try the following:

OMG. i actually hav that pants in my bag =~~~~~ i totally forgot about that b4 i buy the chest ¬¬... i fell so bad right now :'(

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

I don't get it, you're wearing conquest tier gear (which obviously costs badges only) and your RL had an issue with you buying something from your own badges?

Retired in WoD

You're fine. No need to worry about it, in fact it showed you actually have a brain up there. Most others wouldn't even think of changing piece.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Epar
    245 item. That always just makes me assume I can't get it. But I'm sure the OP can...darn raiders and your fancy raids.
    Those legs are from the vendor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    stop being stupid.
    seriously, thats like buying crack from a dealer and then realizing you bought baking powder and running to your friends shouting WTF I GOT SCAMMED BY THE BAD MEN!

Quote Originally Posted by suprep
    I don't get it, you're wearing conquest tier gear (which obviously costs badges only) and your RL had an issue with you buying something from your own badges?
    Tell me about it! ¬¬ "thats heal gear dude, dont be stupid", i just didnt argue..

Quote Originally Posted by DonSnorrlione
    Those legs are from the vendor.
    i got mine from a toc25 "friend guild run", Anub'arak. i dont think u can get those from vendor

Playing as elemental shaman, I understand the woes you're facing with that Resto T9 chest. It's so perfectly itemized for your elemental set if you don't need the hit that the T9 Elemental chest provides. But unfortunately, Resto shamans would have first bids on this as they could use this obtain set bonuses in addition to beautiful stats.

I was in your position but then I realized a better option in my opinion would be to go for Merlin's robes. My Raid Leader gave me some Crusader Orbs from the raid bank to accomodate this issue with me wanting the T9 Chest by assisting me in crafting Merlin's Robes. A little bit of diplomacy goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggrole
    Yeah well its best for him when looking at his choice bro, theres bound to be more items out there thats better then T9 legs, but for him after making that choice its a good one! Id say read through the forum post befor saying "id say" O.o
    Sorry "bro", but it's not. Everyone looks at hit rating like it's a bad thing, forgetting that it's the most valuable stat (until you get capped). The afore mentioned helm/shoulders/chest/gloves + leather pants from Anub are the best combination, unless you are severely lacking on hit from other items. Although I will say that your RL saying "it's heal gear" is equally as stupid too (and you can quote me on that, if you want).

Additionally, Etherrift seems to be smoking something, as he seems to forget that the chest is bought from a vendor from generic tokens, and as such there is no "first bids" from Resto shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein
    Sorry "bro", but it's not. Everyone looks at hit rating like it's a bad thing, forgetting that it's the most valuable stat (until you get capped). The afore mentioned helm/shoulders/chest/gloves + leather pants from Anub are the best combination, unless you are severely lacking on hit from other items. Although I will say that your RL saying "it's heal gear" is equally as stupid too (and you can quote me on that, if you want).

Additionally, Etherrift seems to be smoking something, as he seems to forget that the chest is bought from a vendor from generic tokens, and as such there is no "first bids" from Resto shaman.
    Bored Bink is bored

On the subject of Hit, there is also a flip-side to that coin.
    Current Hit itemization comes in "globs" of rating per gear. That is, it is not so easy to get just the right amount of Hit without going over-cap and "wasting" itemization. Any Hit on a major slot (i.e. Chest/Legs/Helm/Trinket) item is likely to fill 1/3 of your Hit quota. Of course, that quickly creates a dilemma when you have multiple major slot items with hit. If 2 items fill 2/3 of your Hit quota, then that leaves 14 items to fill 1/3. The problem arises in the form of options.

The items that drop in raids come in many flavors. Obviously, Crit/Haste is preferred but that is not always available per given slot. Hit/Haste is the next best thing. The problem comes when the gap in the Hit quota is too small to let a Hit/x item to be used effectively (i.e. no wasted itemization). This usually happens after 1-2 additional Hit/x items. So after 3-4 items, Hit quickly becomes the worst stats.

In that regard, I've always preferred a smaller, "controlled" dose of Hit on gear over large chunks and as pointed out, the Legs does have that massive amount of Hit that makes it unwanted. But of course, everything is relative to available options and drops.

Tangent: it will be interesting to see how the BiS list will look like for IC when a piece of gear can have 100-120 Hit each. IMHO, Blizz should re-think their Hit itemization as it is a value that is supposed to be constant, unlike the other DPS stats.

p.s. Yes, I am bored also.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Neokarasu

Agree with Fakestreet, the big problem that we have as elemental shamans is our choice of gear and the problems we run into when bidding / rolling on items that have mainly spirit or mp5 (althought after the latest changes to shamanisim and encouraged use of more CLs in our rotation mp5 isnt so bad but thats another disscusion).

The point is, yes at some point you will have to be well overhit cap to optimize your gear setup and do the DPS that you "current gear options" allows you to. making sure that you are hit capped in all scenarios is better than having say more SP or Haste for that matter and being under hit cap at least thats my take on the matter.

This is my armory http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...r=Kazzak&n=Cyo

as you can see Im 17 hit over the cap for a perfect number, yes they are wasted but thats what most optimal for me given the gear choices I have.

my 2 cents

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

id say get all 5 pieces to swap around whit other gear im currently running around in t9 chest-legs-gloves-shoulders and the helm of anub heroic 10man http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...t&n=Jam%C3%A9s

well.. just to have a happy ending to the topic... i manage to get my heal chest swapped to the elemental one (GM was really nice :P), and now im with head/gloves(245 ty blizz and Voa)/shoulder/chest + http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47318

and i fell better now , except for the fact that thoses pants looks sooo ugly lol...

ty to all for the replies... and hav fun \o/