15+ Year Old Account

Addicted to speculation - Sunwell

Man I love big lore PTR patches. The big names and speculation it's what WoW is all about for me!!

So we're throwing stuff into the Sunwell with the quest line for "Quel'Delar". This is awesome!!

I wanted to stir up some speculation of my own, As to weather the Sunwell we'll be visiting will be phased or if they are going to re-populate Quel'danas with friendly NPC's depicting a Sunwell post shattered sun attacks. Effectively getting rid of the raid.

Anyone want to brutally shoot me down or add anything that we can force to be truth?

Re: Addiced to speculation - Sunwell

I have so far been unable to get any specifik info on Quel'Delar so could someone be so kind and post a link?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Addiced to speculation - Sunwell

Quote Originally Posted by Zorial
    I have so far been unable to get any specifik info on Quel'Delar so could someone be so kind and post a link?
    Yeah my curiousity is killing me >

Re: Addicted to speculation - Sunwell

Speculation based on what info is out there:

From what I can tell be reading the available information, you talk to Halduron Brightwing, the current Ranger-General of Silvermoon who will be standing outside of the Sunwell instances (a bit of speculation on my part, however he will be on the Isle of Quel'danas). Once finish chatting with him, then you will get some kind of a "buff" (likely invisible) that allows you to enter the Sunwell Plateau either solo or in a small group (normally SP is a Raid only instance). The instance will then be phased with only Shattered Sun or Sunreaver/Silver Covenant (or both SSO and SR/SC) NPCs patrolling the instance. You do your quest, leave and then turn the quest in. Likely once you turn it in, the next time you enter the Sunwell Plateau, it will be the normal raid instance with the normal mobs/bosses.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Addicted to speculation - Sunwell

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonin
    Once finish chatting with him, then you will get some kind of a "buff" (likely invisible) that allows you to enter the Sunwell Plateau either solo or in a small group (normally SP is a Raid only instance). The instance will then be phased with only Shattered Sun or Sunreaver/Silver Covenant (or both SSO and SR/SC) NPCs patrolling the instance. You do your quest, leave and then turn the quest in.

yeah that's pretty much how I think it's gunna play out. To be honest though I'm still hoping you gain the 'blessing' of Quel'Delar, and then SWP turns into a sort of Battle for UC Mark two where you can walk through and oneshot loads of Scourge mobs and then possibly a mini-boss type thing at the end while QD charges, then once it's empowered it casts that Wrath spell that has been datamined, which clears out all the remaining mobs
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30