Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Speculation about Terenas Menethil model

Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX
    ...I fucking hate people.

Kalec has a new shiny model! New race models---oh, nothing in beta for WLK about that.

Oh hey, Varian has a shiny new model! New race mode---hmm...maybe next expansion.

Oh hey, Terenas has a shiny new model! New race models----wait, nothing about that in Cataclysm.

It's like you don't fucking learn basic concepts.

Your reaction is a little strong, there. I agree that Humans probably won't be getting updated models, but there's no need to swear. Also, you shouldn't take one incident - Kalecgos' model - as an end-all precedent. That's like saying that because Kara had a chess encounter, all future instances will have a chess encounter. It's just not logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorque
    Welcome to the next Caverns of Time instance, Lordaeron: The Assassination of Terenas Menethil.
    I actually like this idea, but I'm not sure if it's a joke or not...
    Although wouldn't really fit in with Cataclysm, and we haven't heard any news of a new CoT instance for the upcoming patch, which we probably would have by now.
    Plus we already have Old Stratholme and Old Hillsbrad, would be kind of lame (imo) to have another northern EK CoT dungeon.

I'm hoping the new CoT instance (if there is one, which there should be, since Tanaris is close by to one of the new raids coming out) will have something to do with elves, whether it be the Sundering, or Orcs, or whatever. I just want elves to have some spotlight for CoT instead of just Humans and Orcs.

EDIT: anyone else think that his crown looks almost identical to http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30233?

Beautiful sig made by Nicolette

Quote Originally Posted by Blightyboy
    Your reaction is a little strong, there. I agree that Humans probably won't be getting updated models, but there's no need to swear. Also, you shouldn't take one incident - Kalecgos' model - as an end-all precedent. That's like saying that because Kara had a chess encounter, all future instances will have a chess encounter. It's just not logical.
    no what he is refering to is the fact Kalecs model sparked exactly the same speculation pre-wotlk.

and 'logic' is an often misrepresented concept.
    thanks for demonstrating one of its fallacies tho.

npc models do not reflect, in any way, an impeding model update for players.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit
    no what he is refering to is the fact Kalecs model sparked exactly the same speculation pre-wotlk.

and 'logic' is an often misrepresented concept.
    thanks for demonstrating one of its fallacies tho.
    Oh hey, Varian has a shiny new model! New race mode---hmm...maybe next expansion.

Oh hey, Terenas has a shiny new model! New race models----wait, nothing about that in Cataclysm.
    Sounds to me like he's making a prediction there. Don't disagree unless you actually have grounds upon which to do so.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Renard117
    Terenus' face isn't as pixelly
    /facepalm
    Texture =/= model

same happen on Kalecgos

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl
    I actually like this idea, but I'm not sure if it's a joke or not...
    Although wouldn't really fit in with Cataclysm, and we haven't heard any news of a new CoT instance for the upcoming patch, which we probably would have by now.
    Plus we already have Old Stratholme and Old Hillsbrad, would be kind of lame (imo) to have another northern EK CoT dungeon.
    I'm hoping the new CoT instance (if there is one, which there should be, since Tanaris is close by to one of the new raids coming out) will have something to do with elves, whether it be the Sundering, or Orcs, or whatever. I just want elves to have some spotlight for CoT instead of just Humans and Orcs.
    The thing there is that a lot of the events that could destroy the current timeline took place in what is now the Northern Eastern Kingdoms. I don't know for sure what effect it would have if Menethil survived - perhaps the Alliance wouldn't have great enough numbers to hold off Archimonde at Hyjal? But it seems like the exact kind of event that the Infinite Dragonflight like to interfere with. I mean, out of four instances, two have focused on preserving the timeline that allowed the Horde to become what they are... one has focused on keeping the world intact, and one has been focused on keeping Arthas on his path. Considering that the Infinite Flight have tried to prevent Arthas' rise to become the Lich King before, it seems to me that they would try it again at another point in time.

That's all just me theorizing though. I could be (and probably am) way off base.

And I didn't mean it would be put in next patch, rather, it would be the CoT instance for Cataclysm. There's probably going to be one, in my humble opinion.

p.s. What about the gnomes? Somebody, please, think of the gnomes!

Sounds to me like he's making a prediction there. Don't disagree unless you actually have grounds upon which to do so.
    no it's you that is making a prediction. a prediction that he is wrong.

what he is doing is making the correct judgement in the face of all currently available evidence.

which is more 'logical' ? to look at the evidence as it stands and accept what is there or to indulge a non sequitur simply because some people want a certain thing to happen.

Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Quote Originally Posted by vampfiend687
    i wonder, are they gonna give Terenas Menethil an actual voice or will his entire dialog be in text form. would really piss me off if they went through this trouble to make a model and he doesnt speak.
    he already has a voice.
    Watch the Wrath cinematic again and use your ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Side
    all races WILL get new improved models/skins
    Where did that come from? I haven't seen anything about that.

I've read about improved racials for all, but not models/skins.

PM Signature Requests: Closed / Queue: 0 / My Work! / Tutorial!

My money is on him being a boss in Halls of Reflection, he'll be on the Shadow Throne.

Quite the opposite, I'm saying there's no precedent and no one seems to comprehend that, effectively making me wish for them to die horribly.

Kinda like this kid.

I see 2 options,

1) He's used in a cinematic a la wrathgate, a flashback to arthas murdering him maybe? possibly in the Halls of relfection 5man instance (seems to make sense with the name, to have arthas reflecting back on the moment the truely became evil?)

2) Oh no he didn't! just enslave his father's spirit? Make it a raidboss in Icecrown Citadel? Or maybe his ghost comes to the aid of the raid at the final battle with the Lich King, either to try and redeem his son or avenge his own death?

Quote Originally Posted by Snownova
    I see 2 options,

1) He's used in a cinematic a la wrathgate, a flashback to arthas murdering him maybe? possibly in the Halls of relfection 5man instance (seems to make sense with the name, to have arthas reflecting back on the moment the truely became evil?)

2) Oh no he didn't! just enslave his father's spirit? Make it a raidboss in Icecrown Citadel? Or maybe his ghost comes to the aid of the raid at the final battle with the Lich King, either to try and redeem his son or avenge his own death?
    or maybe 1 boss in will be like yogg-saron and we get to fight his his braking points of insanity, like when he started of by murdering his father
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Even though Terenas Died in warcraft three what if his remains weren't taken out of the urn and he was resurrected along with Kel'Thuzard many possibilities including a possible relevance to the halls of reflection seems to make sense, Though it could be just like the Vision Darian Mograin had Near the end of the DK quest chains.