Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Trend of pricks in Arena

So to start off this post is a combination of QQ and frusteration.

So in 2s I run Ret/Resto druid comp. We are about 1500 rating, and our gear is allright. (mix of furious/deadly and relentless off peices) Our big downfall is that my weapon (im the ret) is the axe from HTOC.

Anyway, we come up against a resto druid and dk. Get a quick kill on the DK as he los his healer. Then we swapped to the druid. Literally 25 minutes later we still cannot kill the druid. Since my dps is so low we really have to focus on setting up our kills with having all of my cds up etc etc. Even with my druid dpsing him as well we could not wear him down. After about 25 minutes the druid eventually got bored with messing with us and stood out of tree form.

Last night this happend again, except with a Prot/Holy paly and dk. Paly had 35000 health and 20000 mana. We killed his partner and then he stood there for 30 minutes out healing our damage. I had about 2 million damage done by the time that paly gave up and left.

Is this becoming a trend? Losing to a team with better teamwork but crappier gear and being a dick about it?

TL;DR - Unkillable people in arena sitting there after their partner is dead for 30 mins while we flail at them unseccussfully.

If anyone has any suggestions for how to deal with this please let me know.
    Thank you for the help in advance.
    80 - Mutilate/Mutilate Rogue
    80 - Prot/Holy Paladin
    80 - Resto/Resto Shaman
    80 - Moonkin/BOOMKIN Druid
    80 - Disc/Shadow Priest

Re: Trend of pricks in Arena

i remember a dual druid team in S2 and S3 that would simply run around in cat form the ENTIRE match until the other people left. . .

I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

Try /dance at them. Really, I think that works. When you try your best killing them they think "why so serious?" and will try to prove that they actually were superior. But when you joke around there's nothing left for them to prove.

I remember in the beginning of s6 as rogue /druid vs dk /druid.. they killed me, so my druid partner just started running around and healing himself untill it was a draw.. needless to say he got quite some whispers from their guild mates whining
    This user has been banned.

sounds like ur druid needs to practice timing cyclones for when lifebloom is gonna fall off. You can also use 2v1s to practice timing starfire/exorcism to hit right when they drop out of cyclone.

Remember 2v2 is dead for blizz so healers are designed to be able to survive 2 dps reasonably well. Still there is no reason you shouldn't be able to kill 2v1. Use the time to practice some coordination which could help you with hard cyclone switches and the like which your gonna need if you plan on getting t1 weps with that comp.

GL HF

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

I will say this again as I have in the past.

In pvp, all heals should be reduced by 50%. This is before any MS affect and stacking with it multiplicatively.

Healers can outheal raid boss levels of dps... how can that be fair in PvP?

When I used to do 2s with a prothealadin he used to do that too but only for a couple of minutes.

When I did 2s with a priest I would have the priest mc them and I would /dance.

If you bore them they will leave. Yes they are pricks. It's one thing if they are at least trying to win by mixing in some dps but most of the time it's to flex their epeen because three of the most prominent heal specs are a bit OP, and another reason 2s are so unbalanced. Unfortunately thats the way it is.

Another dick move I saw lastnight was 2 rogues chilling in arena stealthed fir 5 minutes doing nothing just to ambush mut me to 0 in about 2 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Firstly thank you for the good replies!

@Zmieer I had never thought to just "not feed the troll" so to speak. Thanks! I will try it next time it happens.
    @Akina: Can matches still be draws? I can see this tactic working when matches end after 10 or 15 mins. But for a lot longer games its just a dick move.
    @Nefario: Yeah wow annoying rogues. And the whole time you would be getting more and more tense just waiting for them to open on you.
    @chunx0r: Had never even though of cycloning to prevent healing! Great idea. We are both new to arena (this is our first team) so all these tips have been great!

Thanks!
    80 - Prot/Holy Paladin
    80 - Resto/Resto Shaman
    80 - Disc/Shadow Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Hi11topper
    Firstly thank you for the good replies!
    @Akina: Can matches still be draws? I can see this tactic working when matches end after 10 or 15 mins. But for a lot longer games its just a dick move.
    Yes, Matches can still be draw and both teams will then lose 16 rating
    This is if the time runs out (45 mins I believe)
    or if the last 2 ppl die at the same time.

Sure it's a dick move, but at that point we were both sick of DK teams, so just to be an ass he stayed alive. He almost managed to kill one of them, and from my experience you should never give up in arena.. unless you see it's completely hopeless to win

@Akina

Oh definitly keep going and not give up. What I am refering to is just either a druid running away and not even trying to dps us. Or a holy/prot paly standing there spamming heals on himself. Didn't even judge us a single time. Just heal-heal-heal /dance - heal -heal
    80 - Prot/Holy Paladin
    80 - Resto/Resto Shaman
    80 - Disc/Shadow Priest

@Crazeh: WOW! that is nuts. When the druid and paly did that to my team I was so mad that I was ready to lose it. Got lucky that both got bored before my partner and I did and left. With the druid team we won 16 points and they lost 15, so that made it feel a bit better. Paly team we only won 5. 30 minutes for 5 points. /shudder
    80 - Prot/Holy Paladin
    80 - Resto/Resto Shaman
    80 - Disc/Shadow Priest

Speaking of unkillable teams, I once had a match against a disc priest/holy pallie team.... Yeah, that was fun. Killed the pallie first since he was easier to lock out.

More on topic, this is nothing new. PVP has always had a disproportionate number of assholes. Just judge justice on the druid and stick with it. Your druid should be able to help you bring him down. A resto druid can put out a fair amount of damage when they play aggressively.

I once beat a holy-prot paladin prenerf in a 1v1.

it took 25 minutes, 3 bubbles, 6 dispersions, 6 shadowfiends, and a lot of melee swings with my dagger
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&n=Wexx

Quote Originally Posted by Hi11topper
    @Akina

Oh definitly keep going and not give up. What I am refering to is just either a druid running away and not even trying to dps us. Or a holy/prot paly standing there spamming heals on himself. Didn't even judge us a single time. Just heal-heal-heal /dance - heal -heal
    Just dps like a mad cow

or just stop doing anything.. Just stand there and look cool

Try not to laugh or do anything that might upset them.. This might lead to them being mad, and never leaving

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sartecho
    A resto druid can put out a fair amount of damage when they play aggressively.
    yes, but he will oom himself a lot faster than the opposing druid who just rolls hots and /dance.

as someone said use the time to practice co-ordinating burst, cc, etc but tbh, i think it's the rating. people either think they're better than that and toy with you to try and prove it or they're worse than you and do it out of spite. either way, they're sore losers. or maybe they just don't like rets =/

The premise of this thread is "someone else is an asshole because I can't kill him".

I am amused, go on.

Gotta have your partner (resto druid) hop into bear form and bash as he comes out of your HoJ.

Sequence of events... Stop dps on the tree. Cyclone till hots are gone, repentance if need be too. Hammer of Justice. Bash. During those two stuns blow everything you have. If you're a BE paladin, torrent as soon as bash is up to give yourself an extra 2 seconds of dps. If you can't kill him inside those stuns, then you've got no shot and might as well have a /dance party in the middle of arena.
    And sure, your son may find a women on warcraft. Just beware that she is probably whoring herself off to get mounted or partcipates in one of those secret guild orgies Pastor Jack warned us about.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    The premise of this thread is "someone else is an asshole because I can't kill him".

I am amused, go on.
    Oh I can't kill people all the time, that doesn't make them jerks. Just when someone sits there for 30 minutes after we have killed his partner and does nothing but wait and hope we get bored before he does.
    80 - Prot/Holy Paladin
    80 - Resto/Resto Shaman
    80 - Disc/Shadow Priest

For the best "not to feed the troll" effect, use Campfire and /sit too. ;D
    DERP

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Crazeh
    i almost killed myself in anger when i met resto druid/dk and killed the DK then the druid just hotted himself outhealing everything so long that it got to DRAW (47minutes), resulting both teams lost a rating of 16... if i would meet this guy irl he would be dead by now -.-
    So why didn't you? One less QQer in the world.