Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: When is Anub'arak HM25 getting nerfed?

Quote Originally Posted by Fbl
    dear god
    if you want anubarak HM 25 nerfed play anubarak 25 normal... i mean... wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Look, scrub.
    someone who is QQing for nerfs 'cause his guild can't down a boss, is in no position to call anyone a scrub.
    on that note, it's been killed many times now, so buhu, l2p issues for your guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyawen
    Anub will hopefully not get nerfed all that soon, mainly because of two differences to former such encounters:

a) He is no contentblock. Its not M'uru, there is NOTHING ELSE in the game at the moment. Furthermore, lorewise, everyone with half a brain cell already defeated him normal mode. I would actually be highly interessted if there is ANY guild out in the world who killed twins normal without killing Anub. Hence, there is no reason to nerf him to get people to access some boss after him.
    I gotta agree with this and say this is most likely why he won't be nerfed until Icecrown is out. But why would anyone who's even able to attempt Anub on hard mode want to nerf it? Most guilds can't even get that far and the majority of guilds that can complain that content is too easy. Make up your damn mind...

Honestly, I think it's just you being in a less than good guild and then joining and getting carried by a decent guild and crying about having to actually try on hard modes. Hopefully someone in your guild will read this and get you removed for someone who won't cry as much.

Are you claiming to be a member of one of the top 20 guilds in the world?? If so, armory link plz.

EDIT: Top 29 guilds
    I wouldn't be surprised if this guy is in our guild, because it sounds exactly like what happened to us the week. Oh well, I can live with top ten in the US right now.

And Anub does not need to be nerfed. It is a fight that requires you to think, something that none of the other bosses in TOC make you do.

Quote Originally Posted by lalartu
    i wouldn't say that he/she whined anyway. but yea its hardmode after all. blizz care that everyone sees the content. hardmodes, however, are not the content but are infact a harder version of content.
    im sorry if i lost anyone with my amazing logic there.
    I agree, you can kill normal Anub and "see the content"... there's no reason to tweak the hardmode for a long time. Based on how Blizz has kept Yogg+0 relatively hard, I wouldn't a expect nerf to Anub anytime soon, and that's how it should be.

My guild finally managed to kill him this week, and I'm REALLY happy we did it before any nerfs... those would have cheapened the fight for us. I am certain many others feel the same way, they've spent time working on the boss, and any nerfs would ruin the experience for them.

Quote Originally Posted by djx
    if you can't reach 30% , your raid doesn't have the focus needed for the fight.
    not to mention the steep difficulty trigger that is p3 . that alone is making it a fight.
    So true, the hardest part of the fight starts from 30%. If you can't even reach that point, this fight isn't for you yet. But that's okay, because you can kill normal Anub.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Hey,

I won't lie and say this fight is easy, cause it's not.

We have been working on it since the 17th, and progress has been slow.

The biggest hurdle was getting to phase 3 consistently enough to give the healers a look at was was expected of them.

Last night we hit phase 3 on all of our attempts and we could see some significant progress being made.

We can now beat Anub to his last submerge by 30 odd seconds and drop him to about 20% with Heroism still up our sleeves. Now we just need to perfect that in our 20 or so remaining attempts.

Don't nerf the fight, I don't believe it's a have it or don't thing, I believe it's more about getting your guild members to really understand the fight, and 80+ attempts later, we are getting to that point =P
    Warrior // Fury // www.redsunguild.com

How does this fight compare to Heroic 10man?

We had our first attempts on 10man last week, and to be honest it went well. We called it for the week at 24 attempts remaining but i'm expecting to get it down this week.

We will be on 25man I think all going well this coming thursday. I really don't see what the issue is. Once you have 2 10man groups clearing Heroic mode. Everyone should have the stratagy down and should be able to apply this to 25man with little difficulty.

I don't want to see this encounter nerfed, its not an issue if people can't get passed it. Because quite frankly its not progression. Clear it on Normal mode if you want an easy ride. Leave the Heroic modes for people who want the challange.

How many guilds killed M'uru pre-nerf? Answer: fewer than 77

Criticize all you want, but he will get nerfed. 1-2% of the WoW population having the ability to down him isn't quite high enough for Blizzard's satisfaction threshold. This fight isn't like 0 Light and it was never touted as such.

The guild is running around in mostly ilvl 245 gear and quite a bit of 258 gear, having killing Twins(HM25) week before last and since.
    Why would he get nerfed?
    Blizzard is not under the job of making it so 90% of the guilds can clear all content. Hard modes are supposed to be hard.

They want everyone to be able to SEE and EXPERIENCE all content, not necessarily clear it. They gave everyone normal mode, expect hard mode to stay as it is. H-Anub will be the prize for the top guilds so they can stop QQing over casuals getting their gear, as well as tribute to dedicated/insanity.

right now we are struggling on 25 hard twins. getting closer though. doing 10 hard anub makes me scared of the 25 man fight.

Like alot of people have said hard mode is well... hard? I'm sure he will receive the nerf stick whn 3.3 comes out, no reason to do so before as he is killable.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishie
    How does this fight compare to Heroic 10man?

We had our first attempts on 10man last week, and to be honest it went well. We called it for the week at 24 attempts remaining but i'm expecting to get it down this week.

We will be on 25man I think all going well this coming thursday. I really don't see what the issue is. Once you have 2 10man groups clearing Heroic mode. Everyone should have the stratagy down and should be able to apply this to 25man with little difficulty.

I don't want to see this encounter nerfed, its not an issue if people can't get passed it. Because quite frankly its not progression. Clear it on Normal mode if you want an easy ride. Leave the Heroic modes for people who want the challange.
    When in 10-man, you go with one burrow phase, in 25-man you need two. You also get 4 burrowers at once. Anub also leeches 30% of your current health per tick with a minimum of 250 and you have 5 penetrating colds at once which after 3 seconds tick for 6k, meaning instant kill at that point unless healed up asap.

You can go with 2 frost patches at once and divide the burrows two per patch, but this slows down dps. If you have a good block tank, you can tank all four on a single patch, but you'll need good interruption as the cast becomes 1.3 seconds (not 100% sure, but around that). If any cast gets through, it's very likely a death to that person and unless stunned right away after, the burrower that shadow striked is going to burrow. This burrower will then either come up when the next four adds are up or during kiting. The latter isn't bad, but the former can be troublesome.

I knew this thread would be replied to with tons of flaming. It was inevitable. Having read all of the replies, I guess I certainly used the wrong terminology. This fight doesn't necessarily need to be nerfed, but tweaked is a much better way to put it.

There are several mechanics of this fight that make it more painful than just progression wiping to a difficult boss. Most of those mechanics (ie. 4 pallys) have already been described in the previous posts so I won't list them all.

Last week, a blue post came out with the modification to the fight. They buffed Anub's and the burrower's damage while reducing the stack. With 3.2.2, this fight indirectly received other buffs. The FoK nerf and Holy Wrath hotfix were buffs to this fight.

I know that hard modes are immune to the "bring the player" mantra. A well-rounded raid has been able to down just about every encounter out there, Anub included. However, guilds that heavily stack certain classes/specs have a significant advantage. I strongly disagree with a mechanic that encourages us to bench a core enhancement shaman to bring in another rogue/DK/warrior/fill-in-the-blank or even the core shammy's alt paladin. This also applies to healers.

Hard fights are fine. Fights that require stacking aren't "fair" to a well-rounded raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    I agree, you can kill normal Anub and "see the content"... there's no reason to tweak the hardmode for a long time. Based on how Blizz has kept Yogg+0 relatively hard, I wouldn't a expect nerf to Anub anytime soon, and that's how it should be.
    Yogg+0 has been tweaked a few different ways to make the encounter easier. This is kinda why I was asking when some of these tweaks are going to hit Anub.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

There are several mechanics of this fight that make it more painful than just progression wiping to a difficult boss. Most of those mechanics (ie. 4 pallys) have already been described in the previous posts so I won't list them all.
    You can easily go with 3 paladins so yes, you need to stack a bit, but not quite 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren
    You can easily go with 3 paladins so yes, you need to stack a bit, but not quite 4.
    This is exactly the point I was trying to make. 3 is doable, but 4 makes it noticeably easier. The average raiding guild that has a chance to down this boss will most likely not have as many rogues, DKs, warriors, or paladins as they should to make this fight significantly easier.

Less is doable, more is easier. Stacking fights are BS.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

This is exactly the point I was trying to make. 3 is doable, but 4 makes it noticeably easier.
    Not really. 2 is doable, but 3 makes it easier. 4 doesn't make a huge difference after 3. You might of course be using a very different tactic.

As for other classes, yes, having many rogues for MD (and interruption) is really nice until hunters finally get good MD. DKs, warriors and mages for one have nice AoE which is needed for the fight, but they're not really set out of place if we assume 2-3 from each class is ideal.

The average raiding guild that has a chance to down this boss will most likely not have as many rogues, DKs, warriors, or paladins as they should to make this fight significantly easier.
    Assuming they have a nice class balance in their roster, they should. I do not disagree with slight stacking indeed making this fight easier, but it's not like 5 shamans in Sunwell.

I usually (never) post on these forums, but I felt the need to point something out. One of the replies said it was doable with 3 paladins and possibly as few as 1-2. I wonder which setup that would require you to use.

Our guild had Anub HM on 5% ending last reset, with attempts to go but not a setup to carry on trying.
    Whereas we have been forced to make things abit hard for ourself with lacking DK's, I fail to see how the encounter can be pulled off without stacking palas. For people who havent experienced the fight, this is what I mean.

You need two spheres, one at each leg in the beginning. That leaves you with 4 spheres. In the kite phase anub will move faster than in normal mode, and he will gain speed until he reaches his target. The dare I say only way to work around this is to have four paladins on a BoP-rotation, bop'ing players when he catches up to them and entering a frost patch when BoP fades.

On one BoP mishap, we were lucky enough for him to target our shadowpriest (who dispersed). Another solution might be stacking guardian spirit / ps on the first and fourth kiter instead of the bop, but that may not be as easy prioritizing for. In addition, two rets is great for interrupting the shadow strike, and two holydins makes tankhealing in p3 not a problem at all (when one of them dies from PC you will understand what I mean).

I agree with OP at this is not a great direction to go for Blizzard, when one class is great in some aspects of a fight, and mandatory in others for the same fight.

Wiping on not having enough dps should not be a long lasting problem, and especially not one you should cry for the nerfbat for. p3 probably will give you something to cry about. GL.

On a sidenote: The BOP Issue will to a certain degree solve itself using one tank with "Unhittable" gear for the 4 adds. We had some success pulling this off but went for another approach as agro was too unstable in p3 and healers randomdied to add agro. Bringing more than one hunter and more than one rogue after the nerf is not an option dps wise at the moment.

Soon™ ;D

When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God ?

i dont get it with the nerfing thing - its supposed to be 25man HEROIC mode not some retarded fight. everyone should be supposed to give 110% o what they are doing and get a little lucky on the rng to kill him. its the last boss in a heroic instance ffs, why wouldnt it be hard? if i were blizzard i wouldve never nerfed anything in 25man heroic and make it supposed to the only way to kill a kobold in there requires full 10man heroic, and uld25hm's gear, not some lazyass t7 people getting shit for free. for example my guild is a casual guild, nothing hard core about it and we got 3/5 pretty quick, working on valkyrs now. that 25man heroic shit is supposed to be close to unbeatable, like blizz said its for the HARDCORE guilds dedicated to the game, not for everyone to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Flemshady
    You need two spheres, one at each leg in the beginning. That leaves you with 4 spheres. In the kite phase anub will move faster than in normal mode, and he will gain speed until he reaches his target. The dare I say only way to work around this is to have four paladins on a BoP-rotation, bop'ing players when he catches up to them and entering a frost patch when BoP fades.
    Here's something we have found very useful in the anub burrow phases.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=2459

Still, we use BoP too as a sort of guarantee. If the spikes target a tank, he can pop cooldowns (or be given PS etc) and just soak the damage without kiting. Mages can run to the other end of the room, use mirror image (and paladins can use bubble) to make the spikes change target, but here you have to be careful since they will be super fast and you need to have pretty much your whole raid waiting behind a frost patch so they won't get gibbed by the spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyawen

b) He is not insanely hard, and he does NOT require insane class-stacking (whilst 4 paladins sure seems nice, we've brought him close to a kill with 3 easy enough. I'd claim that its doable with 1 or 2 even, [b][i]depending on your luck and setup).
    Are you dumb, or do you enjoy contradicting yourself in your own sentences?