Build for Anub'arak 10man Hard Mode

Alright been doing Anub'arak hard mode. Going for Tribute to mad skill and curious what kind of spec do you think would be good for the run. Currently I'm Standard Arcane. but the AOE in arcane is so terrible in that fight so any advice.

Re: Build for Anub'arak 10man Hard Mode

I'm not sure how FFB performs in the 10 man given only 3 aoe targets, but it depends how aoe/cleave heavy your raid is. FFB would outperform fireball and arcane if you were one of the major aoe classes. If you have, say, a dps dk (especially one with 4pc), a rogue, and a lolcleave warrior, arcane should do find as you can probably just sit on the boss fulltime and carry the raid to one submerge phase. If you want some minor aoe, and have the hit to cover it (without bad gear) you could drop precision and fill out ice shards to buff up your aoe, or just run fireball and mash living bomb.

There's a lot of choices, i ran arcane for mine last week and sat on the boss, ill be running FFB this week since i grabbed the spec for the 25m version. raid comp has a lot to do with it imo

We (the two mages in our 10 man hard mode group) run your standard fireball spec (with magic absorption). Living bomb on multiple targets is more than enough AOE for the fight for our group. We typically have a feral druid, shadow priest, and two of either paladin/hunter/warlock/rogue in our group for dps.

With only two adds spawning at a time, going into an AOE heavy spec isn't terribly efficient. Overall we're seeing fire pulling ahead of arcane in 10 man, but not by a huge margin. Arcane offers a (very small) bit more survivability, but fire is going to hit it's peak damage when you need it (molten fury is active throughout the last phase).

I spec normal arcane with frost warding and IA. Just did tribute to insanity a few minutes ago, and beat out our cleavers. Since there is only a few adds you can single target them down so fast that cleave and aoe dont really matter. We kill the first two adds and ignore the 2nd pair till he burrows, then burn them down. I ended with 9k dps 1k higher than our rogue, feral druid, hunter, boomkin, and warlock. So you really don't need to respec for that fight, especially if you are geared for any 25man heroic totc.

15+ Year Old Account

what everyone else said, there really is no difference between specs for the ten man version, just go with what you know the best/have the best gear for.

the only concession i'd make is if for some reason you are on ice patch duty, then i would go arcane because it is far simpler to arc barrage the 3k hp patches than it is to kill them as fire. other than that, go with what floats your boat.
    BfA Beta Time

I managed to run your standard FB/TTW build and got Anub 10 hard mode in 46 tries. (all-be-it i had to iceblock when raid died, with anub on 1%, with the DoTs killing him <-- Epic). I think i pulled around 6k dps. The best dps on Anub is generally accepted as the FFB spec as the improved damage of blizzard, matched with Living Bomb helpsl alot with the adds (which can make or break attempts).

A word of advice is to run 2 healers and plan to only use one burrow stage, this makes the kiting alot simpler and allows people to just focus on maximising their dps. That being said, be prepared to blow tank+healing Cooldowns on stage 3 (Plus heroism/bloodlust). Good Luck

I'd say TTW is best suited for heroic 10man. You don't need to spam AoE like they do in 25 but you will want 'some' aoe.
    And TTW is right in the middle of AoE FFB and single target arcane.

done 47 tries with my mage and 50 with my pally and in both cases the mage was TTW, just FYI not that it 'proves' anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

You don't need a 10 man spec. Got this achievement without even trying its a joke. If your guild isn't god awful you can do it with him only burrowing once hence the adds are pretty much a non-issue.