Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Profession mounts?

There is a thread about class mounts, now let's talk about professions.

So we have tailors who can get a carpet and we have an engineers with helicopters or whatever they are called. Also, engineers can make a bike which everyone can use, that is my huge disappointment cause I really was hoping it will be engineering-only and I can get back at least a fraction of money spent while leveling with taxi service.

Well, nevermind. There's more then two professions in WOW, but they don't have a mounts.
    Why?
    Do you think this is fair?

This is a topic where you can post youw thoughts without even reading what others said before.

I am engineer and enchanter (yes, I'm masochistic, I know) so I thought about this enchanter-only mount.
    But all I managed to invent was [Magic Dust], which you can inhale and fly wherever you need to.

Do you think this will be implemented in WOW 4.0?
    It's a shame that you can't be banned from WOW for being bad player.
    It's a shame that you can be banned for being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungen
    Banned for raiding.

Re: Profession mounts?

A lot of people are going to call you QQ and whatnot, but I think you have a valid point. I have BS and JC, sure they are the most benefit in a raid, but they have no "fun factor" whatsoever.

Enchanting : Permanently enchants your boots with turbo reactors.

Jewelcrafting : You summon your Crystal Cloud to ride it in the sky
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDeyv
    Old things are better than new things. I poop faster than my grandpa and he always tells me how lame it is that i poop so fast.

it does kinda smack of 'he got! i want!'

essentially what you are pushing for is homogeny across proffesions.

sorry but i'd rather have choice.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

I've been saying it for years now, and I'll say it again.

Leatherworkers deserve a Hot Air Balloon.

Alchemists make teleportation potions!

Yes yes! ;D
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Every thread like this is fucking retarded.

Who gives a shit if it's fair, if I'm playing the goddamn game, there should be some fucking difference between different professions and different classes, other than what the shit is called. "Oh, You can get more SP on a flask, but you can get that same amount of SP if you just enchant your rings."

Variation? I think not. Creative? I think not. OP's Idea is complete and utter bullshit? I think so.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zargzak
    There is a thread about class mounts, now let's talk about professions.
    was my thread lol

but on yours yea would also like to see this to. I can understand why engineers get there own mounts. Its not realy a money making profession. (apart from ammo and thats not exactly great) But would still like to see some more profession mounts (or even companions)

Quote Originally Posted by Legsarelost

Who gives a shit if it's fair, if I'm playing the goddamn game, there should be some fucking difference between different professions and different classes, other than what the shit is called. "Oh, You can get more SP on a flask, but you can get that same amount of SP if you just enchant your rings."

Variation? I think not. Creative? I think not. OP's Idea is complete and utter bullshit? I think so.
    If you dont like them please feel free to not read/reply to them

You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesena

This made me laugh, especially since you've had this idea for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    It will be cataclysmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by londrieved
    I believe floating cities are exempt from Cataclysimication
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

you snort magic dust then you get to fly..
    in other words
    Quote Originally Posted by Tural
    This fellow was very respectful in his informing me that he would ravage me on his character upwards of 11 levels higher than myself, and that I should go fornicate myself with an iron stick. Before I could thank this man for his kind words, he had already moved along to brighten anothers day as he did mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesena

the regular ones can be hot air baloons while the epic ones are zeppelins. i would powerlevel LW for that.

bah you can already enchant your boots, give enchanters a neck enchant

[Flight] [Greater Flight]

The answer, yes it is fair.. Those are the only 2 professions that feasibly offer the ability of mounting... And also, Why does everyone want to homegenize everything in WoW? Tailoring gets mount + cloak enchant, engineering gets mount + nice pvp enchants, blacksmithing gets epic weapons that sell for a good amount at the start of expacs + extra sockets, enchanting gets a very very very very very very very nice way to make money + ring enchants....

Are you also saying EVERYTHING I just listed + everything i didnt list should also be given to every tradeskill... FUCK THAT!

Quote Originally Posted by jraschke11
    A lot of people are going to call you QQ and whatnot, but I think you have a valid point. I have BS and JC, sure they are the most benefit in a raid, but they have no "fun factor" whatsoever.
    so what you're saying is you want a profession to give the best stat benefit AND have additional fun qualities better then other professions

yea real bright.

lets forget for a second that JC is also the most profitable profession, along with enchanting, which supprise supprise doesnt have a mount either.

honestly people there is no problem with asking for buffs here and there, but if you expect the best professions to be buffed, keep dreaming.

10+ Year Old Account

Remember those little stone statue guys that low-level JCs made?

Lets bring those back. But bigger.

Now let's ride on their shoulders.

:P

But no, I think all of the professions should be able to contribute to making some sort of zepplin-esque thing by crafting a whole bunch (and I'm talking in the 100s here) of items, requiring mats akin to current cost of like a titanium spellsock ring or something, that's for guild-use and is used for...stuff. Like anyone in the guild could call it down once every X hours for a mobile bank or AH or anvil or hearth or temporary (think a minute or two) very speedy (faster than 310%) flying transportation to some place or all or some of the above.

Could be in line with that whole guild talent point thing.

Just a totally random, totally unbalanced idea that popped into my head.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

I want an engineer only Mimi trash robot thing, that would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit
    it does kinda smack of 'he got! i want!'

essentially what you are pushing for is homogeny across proffesions.

sorry but i'd rather have choice.
    Well, yes, we would like some homogeny.
    Like, being able to earn money in the endgame with your profession (engineers, raise your hand).
    Or like, make it's leveling a little less painful (engineers, raise another hand).

Funny thing I actually care for another professions, have you noticed this?

Banned for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Legsarelost

This was very, very smart post. We all became better just by reading it. It's hard to overestimate it's value both in this thread and in the history.

Now go away.

Banned for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Zargzak
    This was very, very smart post. We all became better just by reading it. It's hard to overestimate it's value both in this thread and in the history.

Now go away.
    ^This.

there is already Flying Broom in the game, so...it can be an enchanting mount